Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,194 members, 7,853,064 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 10:43 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (607) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1285835 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:51am On Aug 14, 2015
Rick9:
A friend told me that his laptop run on 3 OS ( Windows , Ubuntu and Linux ) is it true if yes how can I make my laptop to run on those 3 OS.

Another question how can I divide my hard drive I want a (C) and (F) so that I can be using the (F) for backup I heard its done but don't know how.

My laptop specs

SAMSUNG

OS - Windows 8 x64 bit

RAM - 4GB

ROM - 500GB

Processor - Intel Celeron

CPU - 1.5Ghz

And how can I install windows 10
your question has to be relevant to a need...your friends system is multi-booting and its even based on the archietecture of his system..here are questions u need to ask urself:
1..what do i need ubuntu or linux for?
2..would your system configuration run steadily for multi0booting(remember u have an intel celeron processor..when overheated,a celeron processor is likely to shutdown...so let a professional advise u better..VMWARE is the perfect tool
also,to partition(u call it divide)..u can use windows "shrink volume" procedure or u can get 3rd party softwares like minitool partition wizard(mind u,u have to know what ur doing,its an advanced user tool else anything may go wrong"
for ur windows 10 upgrade or clean install...
your system is qualified for a windows 10 64bit upgrade(as ur current platform is 64bit) but then u dint specify if its home edition,pro or so..these are where u may encounter problems:
1..microsoft says the upgrade is free..that only applies to users with original microsoft license(oem) so if are using a cracked version or computer village installation key,ur doomed..
2..you will only be upgraded according to your class,if u are using windows 7(starter,home basic,home premium) or win 8.1---then u can only upgrade to windows 10 home;
if win 7(pro,ultimate) and win 8.1 pro---then u can upgrade to windows 10 pro..(mind u,windows 10 enterprise and win 10 student are the best so u wont qualify)
3...u may get compatibility test error ie some applications may not work on win 10..can u imagine kaspersky 2015 cant even work on win 10-kaspersky had to quickly release kaspersky 2016 for us 2wks ago..
4..last problem,some of ur drivers may not work properly yet wit win 10..i had vga problems last week,it tool an act of God to restore my vga..
to avoid all these problems,for me(not u),i had to do a clean install of win 10 enterprise 64bit cuz i wanted to play fifa 15 ultimate team and my system was windows 7 ultimate 32bit(no bridge or fly over was available)
windows 10(enterprise) aint a hype..truly its the best windows ever created(u can pass thru the window now into tablet mode,smartphone apps and even HEAVEN)..
call me on 08061679732...if u need any assistance or activation problems
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 6:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Elegantdiva:
Pls help me My laptop got stucked nd hung dis eveing. The cursor wouldnt move at all. Infact i was able to off it by its removing the ba3 . At first, The loging off took almost 50mins to off. Pls help a sister

Your needs a touch of an engineer, pls your location? Let's see if we can send and Eng. To help fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elegantdiva: 7:20am On Aug 14, 2015
Enugu....funny enuff, i boot it this morning nd it der was no issue for d few mins i used it dis morning
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by igben(m): 8:05am On Aug 14, 2015
dwm exe containing the virus or unwanted program "TR/BitCoinMiner.Gen'', making my pc to slow. Have tried to remove it using avira free antivirus but unable ple help.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:14am On Aug 14, 2015
Elegantdiva:
Pls help me My laptop got stucked nd hung dis eveing. The cursor wouldnt move at all. Infact i was able to off it by its removing the ba3 . At first, The loging off took almost 50mins to off. Pls help a sister
what did u do last on it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by zyzxx(m): 9:15am On Aug 14, 2015
igben:
dwm exe containing the virus or unwanted program "TR/BitCoinMiner.Gen'', making my pc to slow. Have tried to remove it using avira free antivirus but unable ple help.
try restore ur system to an earlier date
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by litaninja(m): 10:29am On Aug 14, 2015
In addition to the response you got already, Ubuntu is Linux....so whats your friend saying?
I would suggest you do some general reading on dual and multibooting as well in order to understand whats going on, why its going on and why you might want to have such an implementation on your computer.

For dividing your hard drive, its called Hard drive partitioning. Depending on what OS you have currently, you can either use built-in tools, (Disk Manager in windows, Disk Utility on mac, e.t.c. or you can use the trusty G-parted.
Note: Make backups before you partition, these things don't always go as planned.

Cheers.

Rick9:
A friend told me that his laptop run on 3 OS ( Windows , Ubuntu and Linux ) is it true if yes how can I make my laptop to run on those 3 OS.

Another question how can I divide my hard drive I want a (C) and (F) so that I can be using the (F) for backup I heard its done but don't know how.

My laptop specs

SAMSUNG

OS - Windows 8 x64 bit

RAM - 4GB

ROM - 500GB

Processor - Intel Celeron

CPU - 1.5Ghz

And how can I install windows 10

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by charlie42(m): 10:48am On Aug 14, 2015
Pls help. My laptop mouse and some keys are not working. B4 I was managing it with d use of on screen keyboard but now after putting d laptop On I discovered dat d mouse is not working and even d keys are not working which means I can't even log In to do anything. Pls help!!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elegantdiva: 11:18am On Aug 14, 2015
First i installed Oracle 10g then did sm work on Ms Access and peachtree..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Precious80: 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
Rick9:
too expensive jor. 1Ghz by the way is the Memory even up to 500GB ROM ?

The thing tire me sef.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
charlie42:
Pls help. My laptop mouse and some keys are not working. B4 I was managing it with d use of on screen keyboard but now after putting d laptop On I discovered dat d mouse is not working and even d keys are not working which means I can't even log In to do anything. Pls help!!!

Its time to Change the keyboard if possible reload the OS for better performance, pls your location let's see if we can send an engineer to help fix it up..... Checkout signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2015
igben:

I suggest before SYSTEM RESTORE backup your data and perform the restore if its does not work better reload the OS ....check our signature for contact details
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by charlie42(m): 1:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
adetwin:

Its time to Change the keyboard if possible reload the OS for better performance, pls your location let's see if we can send an engineer to help fix it up..... Checkout signature for contact details

I'm in Ekiti state
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 3:46pm On Aug 14, 2015
charlie42:

I'm in Ekiti state

Far !!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided out of our coverage closest city we are is Oyo....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by byko89(m): 4:29pm On Aug 14, 2015
Pleas am new to PC world,bought a new laptop,after about 2 weeks,when I switched it on,I started seeing this,pleas some one should help me,what should I do

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by shawlxAk(m): 5:04pm On Aug 14, 2015
It's the hard disk - loose connection or damaged. Verify that the HDD is properly detected in the BIOS and configured as the first boot device. If the HDD is not listed in the BIOS, remove it from the computer and firmly attach it again. If it doesn't work still, it's dead. Replace it.

byko89:
Pleas am new to PC world,bought a new laptop,after about 2 weeks,when I switched it on,I started seeing this,pleas some one should help me,what should I do
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by charlie42(m): 5:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
adetwin:

Far !!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided out of our coverage closest city we are is Oyo....

Tankz. I appreciate
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by byko89(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2015
byko89:
if you are willing to help me pleas E mail me at okoronkwokelvin@gmail.com,thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 3:54am On Aug 15, 2015
byko89:
if you are willing to help me pleas E mail me at okoronkwokelvin@gmail.com,thanks
thats an old problem i tink i have experienced before on an older system..
PROBLEM:the system NETWORK BOOT is enabled and its even the 1st boot option...ur system endless is searching for network credentials..
SOLUTION:just enter ur bios setup(check the startup page to know which key applies..f2,esc)
goto ur boot options
disable network boot..(remove it from ur boot options) or make sure it aint the 1st boot option there

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:08am On Aug 15, 2015
charlie42:
a few days ago,i recently changed my keyboard completely.....(letter t,y,backspace ,shift and caps were not working)
naturally,when u use a blower to blow out the dust,the keyboard starts working again..
another option is(advanced user only),use a needle to swipe the connection port pins(where the keyboard connector enters) gently
when all these fail,u may have to replace ur keyboard as i did...
as for ur mouse,
possible causes are:
1-the power rating of ur power adaptor may be incorrect
2-virus activity--u may have to reload ur system and everytin else wld start working
3-the synaptic pad drivers for ur system may be corrupt of missing
4..ur touch pad tray may be fault(very rare for ur keyboard and mouse to go fault at once but possible)
besides u dint even mention the model/make of the laptop...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:29am On Aug 15, 2015
igben:
wat more wld u expect from a free antivirus..commercial antivirus are never free and very potent..for now,dont even try to install any antivirus on the system...the virus wld render it useless and impotent(its like a policeman man walking into a thieves hideout blindly)
here is a brainer that works:
method 1-
get an up-to-date rescue disk of a strong antivirus like kaspersky and run from live or linux mode to scan the system
method 2-
u can remove ur harddrive and slave into an external casing then find a clean system with a strong up-to-date antivirus and scan ur hard drive as removable..
method 3-
lets say ur system is a win7,get a windows 7 installation cd and try to re-install ur system(its possible the virus wld have infected some system files and some antivirus may not be able to disinfect them but delete them)that way,ur system becomes unstable..
WAIT!not to worry,u aint losing ur files...dont cho0se upgrade but choose clean install,it wld alert u that there is a previos installation of windows,disregard and continue the installation..when ur done,the old installation wld be in a folder called windows.old(dont open it yet).
on ur new installation,quickly install an antivirus(not that free jagbamjantis) wit a proper license key and update..wen done,u can now scan the whole system to remove the virus....
mind u,some of ur application wont work as u will have to re-install them but ur files are intact...
trade secrets!!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 4:51am On Aug 15, 2015
Elegantdiva:
First i installed Oracle 10g then did sm work on Ms Access and peachtree..
forgive me miss,ur information is incomplete and not accurate..
im an oracle 10g and a peachtree expert...
first u dint state if u installed an oracle 10g on linux on windows or oracle 10g windows...
2..u dint specify how u installed the oracle 10g(if u were to install 10g from windows,u obviously wld need a vmware or its type to simulate it..)
3..u dint state the specification of ur system(memory and hard disk)
possible problem are:
1..oracle 10g and its parameters were not properly installed..
2.peachtree accounting is another powerful engine strong enough to use up ur memory
3..a combination of peachtree+oracle 10g+os simulator(vmware) automatically starting up on a ram memory of even 2g will choke a system(remember ur antivirus is also running and if ur unlucky to even have avast then ur doomed)
4..if ur using an os simulator like vmware and ur system dont pass the minimum requirements test..
so read carefully and fill in the spaces to ur earlier complaints so we can know wer and how to help u...
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elegantdiva: 7:21am On Aug 15, 2015
@ SAMEOLG....... tanks for all ur points...
1 .. I use Sony ...140GB of local disk
2. D Oracle was installed thru CdRom
3 My OS is window vista
4... My Anti virus is avast
5. i av bin using the peachtree for a very long time.... Since i installed Oracle 10g.. .it has bin from one problem to another
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Elegantdiva: 7:34am On Aug 15, 2015
Window vista
processor: intel(r) core(tm)2Duo cpu. U9300. 1.20ghz memory ram...2.00gb
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by charlie42(m): 8:31am On Aug 15, 2015
sameolg616:

a few days ago,i recently changed my keyboard completely.....(letter t,y,backspace ,shift and caps were not working)
naturally,when u use a blower to blow out the dust,the keyboard starts working again..
another option is(advanced user only),use a needle to swipe the connection port pins(where the keyboard connector enters) gently
when all these fail,u may have to replace ur keyboard as i did...
as for ur mouse,
possible causes are:
1-the power rating of ur power adaptor may be incorrect
2-virus activity--u may have to reload ur system and everytin else wld start working
3-the synaptic pad drivers for ur system may be corrupt of missing
4..ur touch pad tray may be fault(very rare for ur keyboard and mouse to go fault at once but possible)
besides u dint even mention the model/make of the laptop...

Tankz for the info. I'm using HP Pavilion g6
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Karlebolu(m): 10:22am On Aug 15, 2015
Hi! I recently got an Acer aspire e15 and as a curious boy that I am, I've been doing one thing or the other on the PC and then I discovered that there's is an "update and restart" option beneath the shut down button I pressed it and it kind of updated the system because I saw a few changes, those happened last night but this morning due to changes I know nothing about my WiFi stopped working, I restarted the PC but the problem persisted so I then decided to click the "update and restart button". It updated as usual but took a while and now my dear PC have refused to come up. There's this processing signing that keeps dancing on the left side of the screen, the mouse pointer is fully functional but one purple background has refused access to my apps.

Gurus in the house, pls I need your helps, what can I do to resolve this problem.

It runs on Window 8, 500gb HDD memory, 4GB of RAM with intel celeron processor.

Cc: sameolg616 litaninja

I finally resolved it. Thanks house!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Gaiyalo: 11:54am On Aug 15, 2015
Am actually having problem with my Samsung mini laptop(Windows 7). It wouldn't just come up. When switched on, it would boot as if trying to come up and go off with a cutting sound.

Please kindly advice on how this can be resolved. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2015
Gaiyalo:
Am actually having problem with my Samsung mini laptop(Windows 7). It wouldn't just come up. When switched on, it would boot as if trying to come up and go off with a cutting sound.

Please kindly advice on how this can be resolved. Thanks.
possible causes are:
1..your bootloader may be corrupt
2..your 0s may be corrupt of missing some files
3..your hard disk may have encountered some bad sectors so windows is having trouble reading from them
solution:
be careful though...most pple aint aware the recommended win 7 for mini laptop is win starter,they force other win 7 versions on it experience serious problems(u can only do that wen u slipstream the version)
get a win starter cd to repair the os
or
press f8 and enter safe mode then do a system restore point..choose a 2 days eaarlierlier towhen when the preoblem started
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:29pm On Aug 15, 2015
Karlebolu:
Hi! I recently got an Acer aspire e15 and as a curious boy that I am, I've been doing one thing or the other on the PC and then I discovered that there's is an "update and restart" option beneath the shut down button I pressed it and it kind of updated the system because I saw a few changes, those happened last night but this morning due to changes I know nothing about my WiFi stopped working, I restarted the PC but the problem persisted so I then decided to click the "update and restart button". It updated as usual but took a while and now my dear PC have refused to come up. There's this processing signing that keeps dancing on the left side of the screen, the mouse pointer is fully functional but one purple background has refused access to my apps.

Gurus in the house, pls I need your helps, what can I do to resolve this problem.

It runs on Window 8, 500gb HDD memory, 4GB of RAM with intel celeron processor.

Cc: sameolg616 litaninja

I finally resolved it. Thanks house!
congrats..but i suggest that u tell other "curious" pple ow u resolved it..so we can all learn ..
i normally experience that update issue esp wen im needlessly updating drivers using driver pack...
here is an advice in the future,before u make important changes on ur system,take a time out to CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT before ur adventurous journey..so when there is a problem,u can easily revert back..
also u can manually ERRORTRAP which update is responsible...HOW?
simple,update each app/driver manually and restart..wen u get to the one that makes it unstable u wld know it then avoid it in the future...its important atimes to update but needless too..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:48pm On Aug 15, 2015
Elegantdiva:
@ SAMEOLG....... tanks for all ur points...
1 .. I use Sony ...140GB of local disk
2. D Oracle was installed thru CdRom
3 My OS is window vista
4... My Anti virus is avast
5. i av bin using the peachtree for a very long time.... Since i installed Oracle 10g.. .it has bin from one problem to another
hmmm,i knew it was always the "usual suspects":AVAST,2g memory but i never knew VISTA was still alive(i bet u may be only person still using it)
solutions:
1..get rid of the VISTA..on its own,its very bulky and consumes all ur memory,i suggest u upgrade to atleast windows 7 ultimate(it wld be the best to carry all those Rdbms(u know wat i mean) u are using))
2..get rid of the AVAST..its a large consuming AV and its other shortcomings are:it attempts todo a realtime scan on any or everytin u open which in turn makes the system slow--its being responsible for major hardware crashes..u can use it effective if an expert can help u modify the settings.
also,avast has no tolerance for infected files...its a STRAIGHT TERMINATOR programmed to delete not quarantine or try to disinfect..wen one or 2 of ur core files have been deleted,then the whole system becomes unstable..
3..try find out which 10g was installed,then i had my own 10g on linux dual booting wit windows..if its a straight oracle windows-its fine..
4...2g memory is fairly alright but not on vista(i wld av suggested that u upgrade the ram but it wld come last)u are likely to get better working conditions wen u change ur os,antivirus and one last tin:
modify ur services and startup programs ie oracle 10,peachtree are engines(not applications) designed to load automatically in ur system memory on startup...u can tweak then to start manually only wen needed(pls dont ask how yet)resolve first the important issues..
are u a RDBMS expert?i have the necessary dumps if u need(pass4sure) and testking exam engines..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Karlebolu(m): 3:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
sameolg616:

congrats..but i suggest that u tell other "curious" pple ow u resolved it..so we can all learn ..
i normally experience that update issue esp wen im needlessly updating drivers using driver pack...
here is an advice in the future,before u make important changes on ur system,take a time out to CREATE A SYSTEM RESTORE POINT before ur adventurous journey..so when there is a problem,u can easily revert back..
also u can manually ERRORTRAP which update is responsible...HOW?
simple,update each app/driver manually and restart..wen u get to the one that makes it unstable u wld know it then avoid it in the future...its important atimes to update but needless too..

Thanks. smiley

All I did was to long press the power button until the system went off, I then put it on after some minutes, it started normally but displayed "failure configuring windows updates, Reverting changes do not turn off your computer" and the processing sign was dancing as usual. I waited for 30mins and my system came up just the way it should. Hallelujah! grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (604) (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.