Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1267921 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 4:20pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nosainwe:
please sir,i use a dell latitude e6400 and when i checked online for the specs i was told that it has a nvidia quadro 160m gpu but whenever i run dxdiag or check display adapters i only see intel mobile(r) graphic 4 series express,pls help me is it that my laptop didnt come with it?

What you saw Online doesn't necessarily have to be the same with what you have.

The graphics card your laptop has is Intel's.
Though it could have the two undecided ...But it can't work simultaneously.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
horllamy:

why dont try to repair the board first?

i will but how much would et cost tho?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 6:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dermie:

This could be caused by a third-party program, a malware infection or faulty drivers.

You should consider reviewing your installed apps, perform a malware scan, update drivers and also disable runtime broker.

To disable runtime broker:
Go to Start menu, select Settings, then open System, select Notifications & Actions. You should turn off the option "Show me tips about Windows". Reboot your PC.

same thing, but I noticed normal ram usage on my guest account I.e(35%) but on my main account it will reduce the ram to(20%) after double clicking a movie or copying files and start rising and falling(20% to 90%)
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dermie:

Go to Control Panel, select Bluetooth then Uninstall. In case you couldn't find it, you might have uninstalled it unknowingly after system upgrade or something else.

To install, check online for Bluetooth driver that's compatible with your device. If you still have the installation file in your PC, it should be in your "C" Drive, e.g, "C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\BTOOTH\FOLDER_NAME\Setup.exe".

Alternatively

Go to the Device Manager, Expand Bluetooth, and you will see the model of the bluetooth adapter that is installed, click on Update or Uninstall.

You can also check "Network and Internet" > "Network Connections" > "Bluetooth Network Connection", right click and Enable (if Disabled).

I want to believe the Bluetooth has worked well in the pa.
Don't know if it has worked well in the past, bought it last week, refurbished system. Tested everything but funny enough didn't test the Bluetooth feature. Ll try out what u suggested and ll get back to u. Thanks u v been helpful. I sincerely appreciate ur concern
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:56pm On Jun 23, 2016
OkeEsibe:

i will but how much would et cost tho?

The motherboard cost is 29k,
If possible the board work it may cost you like 8k or more.
Call or whatsapp on 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emeka71(m): 2:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Please knowledgeable people in here ; what could be the cause of My laptop not showing the auto play window whenever I attach flash driver or USB cable ; what shall I do to correct the situation . sad
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:17am On Jun 24, 2016
Emeka71:
Please knowledgeable people in here ; what could be the cause of My laptop not showing the auto play window whenever I attach flash driver or USB cable ; what shall I do to correct the situation . sad

Go to control panel and look for auto play then put it on ....
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Sheamus007(m): 8:59am On Jun 24, 2016
my laptop screen just started showing different colour yesterday night and later it will stop and continue again.... I heard it flex problem how much will it cost me to do it... urgent answer pls
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:19am On Jun 24, 2016
Sheamus007:
my laptop screen just started showing different colour yesterday night and later it will stop and continue again.... I heard it flex problem how much will it cost me to do it... urgent answer pls

What type of laptop is that I mean the model number just message me on whatsapp 08139462401
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:00am On Jun 24, 2016
roufy235:

same thing, but I noticed normal ram usage on my guest account I.e(35%) but on my main account it will reduce the ram to(20%) after double clicking a movie or copying files and start rising and falling(20% to 90%)

Oops! shocked

The Malware scan didn't detect anything too?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 10:11am On Jun 24, 2016
noob03saibot:

Don't know if it has worked well in the past, bought it last week, refurbished system. Tested everything but funny enough didn't test the Bluetooth feature. Ll try out what u suggested and ll get back to u. Thanks u v been helpful. I sincerely appreciate ur concern

Oh! OK. You're welcome.

It's also possible your PC doesn't have a built-in Bluetooth adapter, if that's the case...you should get a bluetooth usb adapter.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by BVNO: 12:06pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hi everyone....
Please I need an urgent response to my question. Please help a sister.

I am in need of an adobe acrobat that has the following features : Merge(Combine) Files, Delete Files, Extract Files, Rotate files, Move files, Read & Write and Reduces files.

Please which of the acrobat has all the features listed above.

Kindly help, I am in a hot seat.

Thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by fazzy28(m): 4:10pm On Jun 24, 2016
y'ello pple,plz who could helpme wif dis wuld really appreciate..
am using HP ENVY15,bin using it for 2yrs,just one day one of d usb port went off,av tried i culd do..
anybody who knws d solution shuld plz share wuld really appreciate
08064851299...my numba incase u wana snd me a private wassap message...one luv
smiley wink angry
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 7:41pm On Jun 24, 2016
Dermie:

Oh! OK. You're welcome.

It's also possible your PC doesn't have a built-in Bluetooth adapter, if that's the case...you should get a bluetooth usb adapter.
Ran a windows network diagnostic tests and the results are you have no preferred wireless network, a network cable isn't properly plugged in or may be broken, and problem with wireless adapter or access point. Could one of these be the cause of the Bluetooth problem. And I also went to device manager and did what u said. I expanded the Bluetooth, but didn't c the model adaptor there. Instead I saw generic Bluetooth adapter and Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator only. And when I clicked on both of them, their device status read, this device is working properly. But it isnt
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emeka71(m): 11:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
horllamy:

Thanks the issue is rectified the auto-play wasn't off but appears the USBPort is slow ; To all computer gurus in the house ; I'm Emeka 7 and I endorse ivyy for miss Nairaland Forum 2016 election comes Saturday 25/6/2016 in Fashion section
Emeka 7 (ForumGames champion 2011).
wink smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Emeka71(m): 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
horllamy:

Thanks the issue is rectified the auto-play wasn't off but appears the USBPort is slow ; To all computer gurus in the house ; I'm Emeka 7 and I endorse ivyy for miss Nairaland Forum 2016 election comes Saturday 25/6/2016 from 10:00 - 6:00 in Fashion section
Emeka 7 (ForumGames champion 2011).
wink smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 11:58pm On Jun 24, 2016
noob03saibot:

Ran a windows network diagnostic tests and the results are you have no preferred wireless network, a network cable isn't properly plugged in or may be broken, and problem with wireless adapter or access point. Could one of these be the cause of the Bluetooth problem. And I also went to device manager and did what u said. I expanded the Bluetooth, but didn't c the model adaptor there. Instead I saw generic Bluetooth adapter and Microsoft Bluetooth enumerator only. And when I clicked on both of them, their device status read, this device is working properly. But it isnt

Yes, It could be. Like i said earlier, I think the PC didn't come with a built-in Bluetooth adapter and according to the diagnostic test, I doubt if you can connect to a wireless network (Wi-Fi) either. Can you?

Did you check "Network and Internet" > "Network Connections" to enable?

Open command prompt as an administrator, then type ipconfig /all and hit Enter, let me see what you have.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 12:07am On Jun 25, 2016
fazzy28:
y'ello pple,plz who could helpme wif dis wuld really appreciate..
am using HP ENVY15,bin using it for 2yrs,just one day one of d usb port went off,av tried i culd do..
anybody who knws d solution shuld plz share wuld really appreciate
08064851299...my numba incase u wana snd me a private wassap message...one luv
smiley wink angry

Is the USB port physically damaged?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 7:24am On Jun 25, 2016
BVNO:
Hi everyone....
Please I need an urgent response to my question. Please help a sister.

I am in need of an adobe acrobat that has the following features : Merge(Combine) Files, Delete Files, Extract Files, Rotate files, Move files, Read & Write and Reduces files.

Please which of the acrobat has all the features listed above.

Kindly help, I am in a hot seat.

Thank you.

Acrobat Pro DC

Check

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/free-trial-download.html

https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/acrobat-pro.html
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 25, 2016
My laptop battery has been weak 4 some days now but i was still able 2 use it with "plug and use". Suddenly, i noticed that when i plugged it d charging indicator will b blinking; instead of it 2 stay in Red colour when it waas charging, it was showing Red nd Green colour at d same time which means it is charging nd @d same time, it is full. But when i tried 2 switch it ON, it will not ON. Ani solution?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:50am On Jun 25, 2016
bumheit:
My laptop battery has been weak 4 some days now but i was still able 2 use it with "plug and use". Suddenly, i noticed that when i plugged it d charging indicator will b blinking; instead of it 2 stay in Red colour when it waas charging, it was showing Red nd Green colour at d same time which means it is charging nd @d same time, it is full. But when i tried 2 switch it ON, it will not ON. Ani solution?

It may be your battery or the charger, try to find another charger to test it or another battery.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by danieldansluv(m): 11:11am On Jun 25, 2016
For just 64k u get a BRAND NEW LAPTOP 500GB HDD, INTEL CELERON. pay after delivery. for more info, add me on whatsapp 08035953026. smiley wink
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ochiske(m): 11:27am On Jun 25, 2016
Hello folks.
My Lenovo y50-70 touch pad doesnt let me left click, hold and drag an icon or item. I can only double click and drag. The left click just stopped functioning recently
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 12:10pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dermie:

Yes, It could be. Like i said earlier, I think the PC didn't come with a built-in Bluetooth adapter and according to the diagnostic test, I doubt if you can connect to a wireless network (Wi-Fi) either. Can you?

Did you check "Network and Internet" > "Network Connections" to enable?

Open command prompt as an administrator, then type ipconfig /all and hit Enter, let me see what you have.
I have opened the command prompt and dine as u said, it wrote : the system can't find the specified part. Sorry, what does that imply?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 2:06pm On Jun 25, 2016
noob03saibot:
I have opened the command prompt and dine as u said, it wrote : the system can't find the specified part. Sorry, what does that imply?

Did you mind the space before "/all". It should be ipconfig spacebar /all

Note: I didn't say you should type the "spacebar", but punch it on your keyboard.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 2:38pm On Jun 25, 2016
Ochiske:
Hello folks.
My Lenovo y50-70 touch pad doesnt let me left click, hold and drag an icon or item. I can only double click and drag. The left click just stopped functioning recently

Try these options:

Go to Mouse Settings>Buttons tab>Double click speed>Slide cursor towards Fast>Click on folder with your left click button.

Your left click button should be OK if it opens well.

Otherwise, slide cursor back towards Slow.

Alternatively,

Go to Device Manager>Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers>Right click USB Root Hub> Click Properties.

In Properties box, click the Power Management tab, Uncheck Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power .

Note: Repeat these steps for each USB Root Hub present.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2016
Dermie:

Did you mind the space before "/all". It should be ipconfig spacebar /all

Note: I didn't say you should type the "spacebar", but punch it on your keyboard.
having a little problem switching over to admin, I have no idea how to switch over to admin, instead I tried it as a user and this is what it says: the default is to display only in address, subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to tcp/ip. For release and renew, if no adapter name is specified, then the ip address leases for all adapters bound to tcp/ip will be released or renewed.
Example: ipconfig... show information
Ipconfig all... show detailed info
Ipconfig/renew....renew all adapters
Ipconfig /renew El*... renew any connection that has its name starting with el.
Ipconfig/ allcompartments/ all.... show detailed info about all compartments
Sir, I left out about 2 examples.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
tried updating my windows 8 with media center to windows 1o home,after going through the processes and waiting for the pc to boot and start i get ther error message that my window installation failed after loading 100percent .....i used a cd software tho ....what could be wrong?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ferarifero(m): 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2016
my HP 250 G3 windows store is nt opening....plz help
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 7:27pm On Jun 25, 2016
noob03saibot:
having a little problem switching over to admin, I have no idea how to switch over to admin, instead I tried it as a user and this is what it says: the default is to display only in address, subnet mask and default gateway for each adapter bound to tcp/ip. For release and renew, if no adapter name is specified, then the ip address leases for all adapters bound to tcp/ip will be released or renewed.
Example: ipconfig... show information
Ipconfig all... show detailed info
Ipconfig/renew....renew all adapters
Ipconfig /renew El*... renew any connection that has its name starting with el.
Ipconfig/ allcompartments/ all.... show detailed info about all compartments
Sir, I left out about 2 examples.

To run as admin, just right click on command prompt in search bar and select Run as Administrator.

Show me the screenshot, I'm sorry I didn't get you well.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2016
ferarifero:
my HP 250 G3 windows store is nt opening....plz help

Check if your timezone is correct.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tony1918(m): 1:05am On Jun 26, 2016
hello room..I just formatted my Acer aspire E11 it hangs..But since i collected it whenever i browse on it shows page not responsive kill or wait a lot....So i called the engr that formatted it to lay my complain.He said it may be the processor..Pls my observation is that the only visible antivirus on my laptop presently is smadav could this problem be caused by non existence of strong antivirus

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.