Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:01 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (720) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1263628 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (1222) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:36am On Jun 21, 2016
africanman85:
My laptop just off once on it own without shutting down and has refused to power back. Pls wat could be d cause ?
What maker is your laptop?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 9:17am On Jun 21, 2016
horllamy:
What maker is your laptop?
Sony Vaio 15"
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2016
africanman85:
Sony Vaio 15"
Remove the battery, and power it direct with light ..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by seangy4konji: 11:03am On Jun 21, 2016
Thanks never.AMD laptops that would make you feel as if you have a boiling ring or iron on your laps.5
Habiodunz:
Oiit bt an advice ''Dont go for an AMD laptop''
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by africanman85: 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2016
horllamy:

Remove the battery, and power it direct with light ..
Bro thank u for this advice. it worked
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 21, 2016
Some buttons on my keyboard are no more working. What says you? Am using Dell inspiron
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2016
deeMarc:
Some buttons on my keyboard are no more working. What says you? Am using Dell inspiron

That means your keyboard need replacement.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 3:59am On Jun 22, 2016
adetwin:

Go to network sharing to DISABLE & ENABLE the wireless network adapter, OR

Go to device manager to confirm if the wireless driver is OK, after all this no solution kindly let's know your location if we can come over
@ Adetwin, and any laptop professional, please I m having a serious problem with my laptop, it runs on windows 7 ultimate. The Bluetooth of the laptop can't discover and connect to other devices, other devices and also discover it. I v done everything possible, gone on YouTube to watch videos for a possible solution, but still it ain't working. Please what do I do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Bobbyunitedfc(m): 8:21am On Jun 22, 2016
MY ACERE ASPIRE LAPTOP CHARGES FROM O PERCENT 90 PERCENT IN 20MINUTES.....GUESS D BATTERY IS BAD RITE? HOW DO I GET A REPLACEMENT BATTERY COS I CNT FIND IT ON JUMIA AND KONGA..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 8:43am On Jun 22, 2016
Bobbyunitedfc:
MY ACERE ASPIRE LAPTOP CHARGES FROM O PERCENT 90 PERCENT IN 20MINUTES.....GUESS D BATTERY IS BAD RITE? HOW DO I GET A REPLACEMENT BATTERY COS I CNT FIND IT ON JUMIA AND KONGA..

I can get it for you if you don't mind.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 9:53am On Jun 22, 2016
horllamy:

That means your keyboard need replacement.

Like how much will that cost me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 10:13am On Jun 22, 2016
deeMarc:

Like how much will that cost me?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 6:33pm On Jun 22, 2016
please help, how can I resolve windows explorer memory leak. this normally happens when I double click a movie,moving files or copying files. it results to large amount of ram been used by windows explorer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 6:38pm On Jun 22, 2016
Rexology:

Thank you for your response. I am using window 8 which came with the laptop , please how can I go about solving this problem?

If I start the laptop after some hours of out of use, it would work for about 30minutes and trip off, but if I try to restart it, it would continue to trip off while trying to boot.

Going by the characteristics of the problem, I seriously suspect the issue of overheating, please what could be the cause of the overheating and what is the way out?

I hope this isn't late.

Overheating can result from the following:

Overuse of laptop
Bad battery
Use of high capacity game, or other program
Blockage of the cooling fan by dirt
Blockage of air vent by surface placed on

Possible solutions:
Reduce the use of your laptop
Check and fix any related issue to battery malfunction
Uninstall any heavy program or game
Free the air vent from dust or/and clean the laptop fan
Don't place laptop on flat surface.

You can as well backup and restore PC as fresh, disable automatic restart (for test purpose), start PC in Safe Mode, Scan PC with updated Antivirus.

1 Like

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dermie:

please help, how can I resolve windows explorer memory leak. this normally happens when I double click a movie,moving files or copying files. it results to large amount of ram been used by windows explorer.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 6:47pm On Jun 22, 2016
noob03saibot:

@ Adetwin, and any laptop professional, please I m having a serious problem with my laptop, it runs on windows 7 ultimate. The Bluetooth of the laptop can't discover and connect to other devices, other devices and also discover it. I v done everything possible, gone on YouTube to watch videos for a possible solution, but still it ain't working. Please what do I do?

You can Uninstall and Reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

OR
Check your Bluetooth settings by right clicking on the Bluetooth icon, then open settings, select option to allow device to be discoverable by others, accept.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 6:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
roufy235:

What OS are you running?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by roufy235(m): 7:03pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dermie:

What OS are you running?
windows 10
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 8:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
roufy235:

windows 10

This could be caused by a third-party program, a malware infection or faulty drivers.

You should consider reviewing your installed apps, perform a malware scan, update drivers and also disable runtime broker.

To disable runtime broker:
Go to Start menu, select Settings, then open System, select Notifications & Actions. You should turn off the option "Show me tips about Windows". Reboot your PC.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by noob03saibot(m): 9:35pm On Jun 22, 2016
Dermie:

You can Uninstall and Reinstall the Bluetooth driver.

OR
Check your Bluetooth settings by right clicking on the Bluetooth icon, then open settings, select option to allow device to be discoverable by others, accept.
Dermie thanks for responding. But please how do I go about un installing and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver? Please just brief me a bit.. as for the other advice u gave, I v done it a million times, didn't get any positive results. It just says searching for device, and it freezes there
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by meziethemez: 11:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
Pls help my computer programs always says: windows explorer has stopped working this happens to most of my program app pes,Skype,chrome browser
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nosainwe(m): 12:41am On Jun 23, 2016
please sir,i use a dell latitude e6400 and when i checked online for the specs i was told that it has a nvidia quadro 160m gpu but whenever i run dxdiag or check display adapters i only see intel mobile(r) graphic 4 series express,pls help me is it that my laptop didnt come with it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 5:06am On Jun 23, 2016
Nosainwe:
please sir,i use a dell latitude e6400 and when i checked online for the specs i was told that it has a nvidia quadro 160m gpu but whenever i run dxdiag or check display adapters i only see intel mobile(r) graphic 4 series express,pls help me is it that my laptop didnt come with it?

I think you have to use the compatible driver, I mean to re-drive the system.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 23, 2016
my system charging port refuses to light up and the system refuses to power on even with battery
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
OkeEsibe:
my system charging port refuses to light up and the system refuses to power on even with battery

If you have tried a different charger and it still persist, its a motherboard issue ... Kindly let's know your location if we can come help fix it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adetwin(m): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
meziethemez:
Pls help my computer programs always says: windows explorer has stopped working this happens to most of my program app pes,Skype,chrome browser

Do a system restore and do you have a working ANTI VIRUS? "Do a full scan" if all this have been done and no solution.

Tell us your location, let's see if we can come over to help fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 2:54pm On Jun 23, 2016
OkeEsibe:

this is not the charging pot issue, this is motherboard issue.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
i want to buy a new motherboard
corei3 how much would et cost?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 3:36pm On Jun 23, 2016
OkeEsibe:
i want to buy a new motherboard
corei3 how much would et cost?

what is the model number, i mean the maker
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dermie: 3:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
noob03saibot:

Dermie thanks for responding. But please how do I go about un installing and reinstalling the Bluetooth driver? Please just brief me a bit.. as for the other advice u gave, I v done it a million times, didn't get any positive results. It just says searching for device, and it freezes there

Go to Control Panel, select Bluetooth then Uninstall. In case you couldn't find it, you might have uninstalled it unknowingly after system upgrade or something else.

To install, check online for Bluetooth driver that's compatible with your device. If you still have the installation file in your PC, it should be in your "C" Drive, e.g, "C:\SWTOOLS\DRIVERS\BTOOTH\FOLDER_NAME\Setup.exe".

Alternatively

Go to the Device Manager, Expand Bluetooth, and you will see the model of the bluetooth adapter that is installed, click on Update or Uninstall.

You can also check "Network and Internet" > "Network Connections" > "Bluetooth Network Connection", right click and Enable (if Disabled).

I want to believe the Bluetooth has worked well in the past.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
horllamy:

what is the model number, i mean the maker

pavilion g6-1b79dx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 4:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
OkeEsibe:

pavilion g6-1b79dx

why dont try to repair the board first?

(1) (2) (3) ... (717) (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) ... (1222) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.