Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,961 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (831) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1271683 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2017
Godson95stone:
@skydancer. Please my laptop comes on but when it shows the mouse it hangs. Please what should I do? I think the hard disk is corrupt, what should I do if. That is the case?
what is the brand and model of your laptop.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pdppower: 8:47am On Jul 22, 2017
Good day. I tried to format my PC but since then it has been showing this
An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
I downloaded boot able USB recovery as I saw on Google but the. problem remained. Pls experts in the house is there any hope of using this PC. again. It is Compac Presario
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 9:21am On Jul 22, 2017
pdppower:
Good day. I tried to format my PC but since then it has been showing this
An operating system wasn't found. Try disconnecting any drives that don't contain an operating system.
I downloaded boot able USB recovery as I saw on Google but the. problem remained. Pls experts in the house is there any hope of using this PC. again. It is Compac Presario
there is nothing wrong with the system. Load an operating system on it and it will boot. If you don't know how to do it, take it to someone to help you out.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pdppower: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2017
sotall:
there is nothing wrong with the system. Load an operating system on it and it will boot. If you don't know how to do it, take it to someone to help you out.
I am very grateful for the prompt response.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olahandsome(m): 11:49am On Jul 22, 2017
dapelua:

How to Reset Your Windows 10 PC
By Avram Piltch, LAPTOP Online Editorial Director | July 20, 2015 02:17 pm
4699 312 MORE
If your computer isn't running the way it should, you're getting strange errors or you just want to return it to its default state, Windows 10 has your answer. The operating system provides a number of options that let you restore your computer to an earlier state. Here's how to reset your PC in Windows 10.

Navigate to Settings. You can get there by clicking the gear icon on the Start menu.
Select settings

Select "Update & security"
Select Update & security

Click Recovery in the left pane.
select recovery

Windows presents you with three major options: Reset this PC, Go back to an earlier build and Advanced startup. Reset this PC is the best option for starting fresh. Advanced startup lets you boot off a recovery USB drive or disc and "Go to an earlier build" is made for Windows Insiders who want to roll back to a previous version of the OS.

Recovery options

Click Get started under Reset this PC.
Click Get started

Click either "Keep my files" or "Remove everything," depending on whether you want to keep your data files intact. Either way, all of your settings will return to their defaults and apps will be uninstalled.
Choose whether to keep your files

Select "Just remove my files" or "Remove files and clean the drive" if you chose to "remove everything" in the prior step. Cleaning the drive takes a lot longer but will make sure that, if you are giving the computer away, the next person will have a hard time recovering your erased files. If you are keeping the computer, choose "Just remove my files."
select clean drive option

Click Next if Windows warns you that you won't be able to roll back to a prior version of the OS.
click Next

Click Reset when prompted.
Click Reset

Windows will then restart and take several minutes to reset itself.

Click Continue when prompted.
Click Continue

Thanks. I didn't need to reset my pc. I searched for info on Google and someone suggested that it might be a malicious software since it's a new system and I downloaded malwarebytes. Scanned my pc and it Uninstalled a couple of suspected apps. rebooted to see if the problem had stopped. I eventually found out it was the uc browser and chrome. They weren't authentic. And voila, the issue stopped.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olahandsome(m): 11:50am On Jul 22, 2017
dapelua:
do windows resetting on your windows 10 but its takes time nd it we backup ur files nd folder for safety..dats all

Thanks. I didn't need to reset my pc. I searched for info on Google and someone suggested that it might be a malicious software since it's a new system and I downloaded malwarebytes. Scanned my pc and it Uninstalled a couple of suspected apps. rebooted to see if the problem had stopped. I eventually found out it was the uc browser and chrome. They weren't authentic. And voila, the issue stopped.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pdppower: 11:51am On Jul 22, 2017
sotall:
I am very grateful for the prompt response. But it just doenst recognise anything. It just shows this message. I will try to do as you recommended. Thanks and God less

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by kalu61(m): 12:13pm On Jul 22, 2017
horllamy:

If u have not rectify the problem just hit me on WhatsApp 08139462401
okey
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by horllamy(m): 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2017
pdppower:

I am very grateful for the prompt response. But it just doenst recognise anything. It just shows this message. I will try to do as you recommended. Thanks and God less

It's just settings from bios
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sureteeboy(m): 4:01pm On Jul 22, 2017
Pls, who knows a reputable computer engineer in Onitsha? I need to repair my laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by pdppower: 4:55pm On Jul 22, 2017
horllamy:

It's just settings from bios
Can you please shed more light on this
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajayimichael(m): 5:36pm On Jul 22, 2017
Good day my PC is not entering window and I have.once format it want may be the problem here is a screen shot of what it do normally display.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajayimichael(m): 5:39pm On Jul 22, 2017
Despite following the instructions it didn't still enter to load the window and sometime it do screach.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Simopy(m): 12:21am On Jul 23, 2017
please the spacerbar on my keyboard is not working again pls any help on this.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:48am On Jul 23, 2017
Can somebody help me with a Genuine windows 7 activation key?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 23, 2017
Simopy:
please the spacerbar on my keyboard is not working again pls any help on this.
have u connected another keyboard (external via USB cable) and the spacebar didn't work?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mmafhew(m): 8:51am On Jul 23, 2017
skydancer:
Just post any problems you are having with your pc here. The more software related, the better. smiley

If you're having virus, worms or any other malware problems. Try scanning your PC with RoboSAM first.

Edit:
Sometimes, I may reply to your post but the spam bot will hide it, if it happens that others here cannot solve your problem, you can contact me by mail at relaxtuners at gmail dot com.

Good Luck

Mac users, go here: https://www.nairaland.com/830548/post-imac-macbook-macbook-pro
Ubuntu Linux users: https://www.nairaland.com/11508/ubuntu-linux

Hello. Plss help, been trying to install autocad 2007 on my dell laptop, but once it loads finish and i click on install it keeps saying another installation is still running which i dont know where it from cause am not installing any app
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brandon180(m): 2:57pm On Jul 23, 2017
pls help me out, i connected my charger to my laptop but my laptop has refused to charge..but i notice something. Anytime i plug d charger, d panel holding my screen since its a conductor, it usually shocks..meaning current is flowing..

P.S..my casing has spoilt thereby exposing d screen..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ajayimichael:
Good day my PC is not entering window and I have.once format it want may be the problem here is a screen shot of what it do normally display.
The boot option shows you are yet to complete the setup for Windows. What happens when you select the setup option?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:24pm On Jul 23, 2017
mmafhew:

Hello. Plss help, been trying to install autocad 2007 on my dell laptop, but once it loads finish and i click on install it keeps saying another installation is still running which i dont know where it from cause am not installing any app
an MSI installing gone wrong can easily cause this. Try rebooting
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:26pm On Jul 23, 2017
Ajayimichael:
Despite following the instructions it didn't still enter to load the window and sometime it do screach.
Screach? What is that. Can you state precisely what happens or attach some screenshots
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:30pm On Jul 23, 2017
VanBommel:
Good evening all, I just finished using my pc and turned it off so I could rest. After sometime I put it on only for me to see this..... Pls what do you think might be the problem
Looks very much like a driver problem. Try uninstall information your display driver completely and see what happens
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2017
Godson95stone:
@skydancer. Please my laptop comes on but when it shows the mouse it hangs. Please what should I do? I think the hard disk is corrupt, what should I do if. That is the case?
What is your operating system. Anytime you have this kind of problem, always provide some background to make it easier to attend to. Can you open task manager and show a screenshot? Your PC could have a malicious software.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2017
brandon180:
pls help me out, i connected my charger to my laptop but my laptop has refused to charge..but i notice something. Anytime i plug d charger, d panel holding my screen since its a conductor, it usually shocks..meaning current is flowing..

P.S..my casing has spoilt thereby exposing d screen..
You will need to see a technician to help you on this. If you are in Lagos and can bring it to computer village ikeja, reach me on 08164685979.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by brandon180(m): 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2017
sotall:
You will need to see a technician to help you on this. If you are in Lagos and can bring it to computer village ikeja, reach me on 08164685979.
Buh its nt from d charger right..its prolly d charging port..
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sotall(m): 4:17pm On Jul 23, 2017
brandon180:

Buh its nt from d charger right..its prolly d charging port..
whatever it is requires professional hands. Not guess work
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajayimichael(m): 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2017
skydancer:

Screach? What is that. Can you state precisely what happens or attach some screenshots
It do make noise I have to press like oooooooo
Until I press f11 before it stop
Could it be that the hard disk is faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Ajayimichael(m): 11:55pm On Jul 23, 2017
skydancer:

The boot option shows you are yet to complete the setup for Windows. What happens when you select the setup option?
Whenever I still press enter or 8 it will still not enter window page
Am sorry for the late response @skydancer..
Could this be that the hard disk is faulty.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by mmafhew(m): 5:50am On Jul 24, 2017
skydancer:
an MSI installing gone wrong can easily cause this. Try rebooting
rebooting same as formating? Dont get. Cause have restarted over and over
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:48am On Jul 24, 2017
mmafhew:
rebooting same as formating? Dont get. Cause have restarted over and over
The MSI installation was broken and you need to find an uninstaller to completely remove it.

See these links:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17588/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/download-install/remove-products/using-microsoft-fixit
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by skydancer: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2017
Ajayimichael:

Whenever I still press enter or 8 it will still not enter window page
Am sorry for the late response @skydancer..
Could this be that the hard disk is faulty.
If it makes noise when it boots, it could be that your keyboard is faulty. Try blowing all the keys with strong air or use an external keyboard and see if you can proceed.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Realculture(m): 3:35pm On Jul 24, 2017
Good afternoon House.Please I urgently need your assistance...I tried to Install Hp Scanjet 5590 scanner in my Windows 7 laptop and it gave the error message "Macromedia projector has stopped working".How do i resolve the issue?Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (828) (829) (830) (831) (832) (833) (834) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.