Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,156 members, 7,825,613 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (926) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273120 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anasbeaut(f): 10:46pm On Jul 16, 2018
The guy that checked it said the water had damaged it and the best option is for me to get another board or sell it as scrap since he did not have the part

Not sure but I can see written on it Intel Celeron Processor N2820 (up to 2.39 GHz, 1MB L2 cache) on the laptop

quote author=Razak5 post=69409668]

Hello.
Does it use an intel or AMD processor?[/quote]
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anasbeaut(f): 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2018
quote author=Razak5 post=69409668]

Hello.
Does it use an intel or AMD processor?[/quote]

The guy that checked it said the water had damaged it and the best option is for me to get another board or sell it as scrap since he did not have the part

Not sure but I can see written on it Intel Celeron Processor N2820 (up to 2.39 GHz, 1MB L2 cache) on the laptop
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by adaeze12345(f): 1:24am On Jul 17, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
1. Your hard disk may be out of position (reposition)
2. Your hard disk may be bad.(replacement)
Take it to a technician to be sure...

*cheers*
thanks i really appreciate.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by udemzyudex(m): 4:27am On Jul 17, 2018
ucheuzor1:
Please help. I changed my laptop harddisk because my previous one was failing. Now I tried using the old one as external harddisk so I can copy out my files. The harddisk shows USB mass storage ready, the light is on but I cant see the harddisk partition on my laptop.

Please i need help on hw to retrieve my datas. I really need them

Go to disk management, change the partition letter.

A post have been made concerning this here, just search the thread.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ucheuzor1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Connect the HDD via USB to a laptop and put it to your ears to listen for sounds. If you hear a start-stop sound consistently then I'm afraid the head has crashed.

Alryt. I will do that. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ucheuzor1(m): 8:37pm On Jul 17, 2018
udemzyudex:

Go to disk management, change the partition letter.

A post have been made concerning this here, just search the thread.

Alryt. Thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blogsgeek: 9:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
Recently I fixed the Windows not genuine error. I found a guide on the web about
How to Fix this issue. Check it out : Windows Not Genuine Fix
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Saad64: 12:30am On Jul 18, 2018
pls house, recently all the applications on my Samsung mini laptop N102sp stop working (it was showing this windows copy not geniue Error). I formatted it completely, installed a fresh windows 8 pro. Now the problem is dat I cant install most app (its displaying your pc cannot run this app, contact the publisher) and dat I cannot increase or decrease the brightness. also the resolution is too poor (800*600) seems there is no graphics. pls help me on what to do.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Kheeng1: 12:57am On Jul 18, 2018
You can get a foldable desk for your laptop here https://abledroid.com/best-folding-desk-pro/ check this out and pick the most affordable desk to buy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 2:04am On Jul 18, 2018
Saad64:
pls house, recently all the applications on my Samsung mini laptop N102sp stop working (it was showing this windows copy not geniue Error). I formatted it completely, installed a fresh windows 8 pro. Now the problem is dat I cant install most app (its displaying your pc cannot run this app, contact the publisher) and dat I cannot increase or decrease the brightness. also the resolution is too poor (800*600) seems there is no graphics. pls help me on what to do.

A quick reminder; To anyone viewing this thread and beyond, whenever you experience computer issues, your brain tends to go blank...All of a sudden it's like the world has ended! While I can say this is understandable, I'll also say whenever you're confronted with issues like these, first point of call--DO NOT PANIC!!!--Take a moment off from the situation so you can think clearly. The issue above would have been averted if the user had easily activated the windows, its is a simple piece of software you could easily run

Hello Saad64.

Two things here
1. That samsung mini laptop is designed to work best on windows 7. This means if you should upgrade to windos 8(which you've done), you will have to forgo certain functionalities including a good resolution.

2. The "This app can not run on this PC" error can either be because of the resolution or the win 8 (compatibility issues)...If it uses an intel processor, it's definitely an intel atom processor (lowest in the series), so we cant really do much in terms of tweaking... free the guy abeg grin

So, go back to win 7 and enjoy your mini laptop again.

*cheers*.......................don't forget to activate the win 7 this time around
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by anasbeaut(f): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
Does it use an intel or AMD processor?

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 10:37am On Jul 18, 2018
Damfostopper:
please my PC is no more seeing my phone.... it is only charging.... and can't access the storage even when I select mtp transfer mode on my phone ....

yesterday I used Driver talent to help fix some drives.... the driver talent showed a notification "Unknown-Unknown " and wrote below that driver is abnormal.....i have tried repairing it from there... it's not working.....

I also opened the device manager and tried updating driver software... it's not working.....

I have Googled HP 650 MTK drive so that I can download it but yet still I can't get the drive...

help please

Enable USB debugging on your phone.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 3:55pm On Jul 18, 2018
anasbeaut:

Ok. Whenever you're coming to get the new board, come along with the old one. We'll be needing the *processor* and *RAM*...

I'll give you 28k for th board.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by juzo98(m): 2:14am On Jul 19, 2018
Hello, please I have a laptop (hp probook 4520s) which I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Here's the issue, after the upgrade I just can't access my Bluetooth anymore.
How do I fix this, thank you.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 7:00am On Jul 19, 2018
juzo98:
Hello, please I have a laptop (hp probook 4520s) which I recently upgraded to Windows 10. Here's the issue, after the upgrade I just can't access my Bluetooth anymore.
How do I fix this, thank you.
If you're about installing a new windows or have just installed one, please bear this in mind:- Drivers are pieces of softwares that let's your windows c o m u n I c a t e with the system devices (including Bluetooth devices, Wi-Fi cards etc ).

So, merely installing The windows OS doesn't make everything work automatically- You'll be needing drivers. Of course basic drivers are loaded. But some hardware will need specific drivers...

For a better understanding, drivers are like Messengers moving message from the Windows to the device and back...

Hello ,juzo98.

You will need to install the Bluetooth drivers.

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by LadySarah: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2018
Razak5:

Hi LadySarah.

First, I'd like you to boot into safe mode by pressing F8 just after pressing the power button during start up. Can you access settings in safe mode?

If yes, then it means you may have changed certain things to get something working or messed arround with your settings.

However, if that's not the case, the only solution is to use command prompt or tinker with the registry (could make matters worse if you ain't the techy type).

Finally, the best solution is to re-install the windows 8.

The re-install will be a clean install , this means we're wiping everything out and getting a new Windows 8 in.

*cheers*

I can help do all that for a token

[installation + drivers + basic programmes + Antivirus]

Call or WhatsApp on 08128714767

are u in ph?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:20am On Jul 19, 2018
LadySarah:

are u in ph?

No, I'm in Lagos.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Smoses111: 11:31am On Jul 19, 2018
Please my window is showing not genuine

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2018
Smoses111:

Hello.

Check the link below. It was posted but blogsgeek on this thread some time ago, it's helpful.

https://www.blogsgeek.com/windows-is-not-genuine-error-fixed/

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by okenwa101(m): 11:51am On Jul 19, 2018
I ENCOUNTERED

MAC Address in APC and EEPROM Failed !

click F1 to Continue and it keeps rotating,

what's the solution, or could formatting help solve this but it seems related to motherboard because the CMOS bat was remove for long.
thanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 4:11pm On Jul 19, 2018
LadySarah:
My Pc settings cant open anymore aftre i cleaned up my pc.I dont have back up as im being requested to cos it keeps saying some files are missing while trying to recover them.Even my recycle bin is empty .I need help pls its been on for over a week.windows 8 hp.

Hi, i'm in PH, i can help out.

send me a pm
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by collins6381(m): 7:44pm On Jul 19, 2018
hey guys I need a hard disk for compaq 510 with size range from 150-350GB. what's the price and where can I get it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 8:15pm On Jul 19, 2018
collins6381:
hey guys I need a hard disk for compaq 510 with size range from 150-350GB. what's the price and where can I get it

Hello.
Are you in Lagos?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by collins6381(m): 9:13pm On Jul 19, 2018
Razak5:

Hello. Are you in Lagos?
No I'm in Abuja
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by chucksbadt(m): 10:32pm On Jul 19, 2018
Smoses111:

Search for MS Toolkit or windows loader online and downland it.
That should solve your problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sirqeeboi(m): 4:09am On Jul 20, 2018
I change my Acer aspire v5 ram to 4gig..but since then I have not enjoy it..it slow and vlc does not play smoothly ..I Have updated the bios but still same?
And the camera does not capture smoothly.. like cracking
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:31am On Jul 20, 2018
sirqeeboi:
I change my Acer aspire v5 ram to 4gig..but since then I have not enjoy it..it slow and vlc does not play smoothly ..I Have updated the bios but still same?
And the camera does not capture smoothly.. like cracking

Hello.
If this happened after you upgraded to 4GB, then then there might be compatibility issues. The type of RAM might not be for that laptop...

*Cheers*
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by geloorrrrdd(m): 7:24pm On Jul 20, 2018
Razak5:

Hello.
If this happened after you upgraded to 4GB, then then there might be compatibility issues. The type of RAM might not be for that laptop...

*Cheers*
Hello, guys.

So, i'm new to this section, and really hope my PC problems would be resolved here.

I have two major problems with my system.

1) I just got a system. (HP pavilion 15 X360 br068cl) From what I'm seeing online, the system is a Touchscreen PC and also comes with a pen for writing on the screen. Now, my PC isn't touchscreen. I went online to make research and I saw a post where someone said suggested to a person with this same problem to enable "HP touchscreen Variant" under the device manager. I didn't see anything like that in mine. How do I make my touchscreen responsive? What could be the problem? is it the current window I'm on (Window 10) Please, help.

2) The second problem is, I keep receiving a code 0×c00000b error whenever I want to launch PES 2016, and even 2017. Trust me, I've done everything. ranging from installing Aio runtime, reinstalling PES, and even using CMD to attempt fixing my drive, all to no avail. What should I do?

Thanks.,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Razak5(m): 9:17pm On Jul 20, 2018
geloorrrrdd:
Hello, guys.

So, i'm new to this section, and really hope my PC problems would be resolved here

I have two major problems with my system.

1) I just got a system. (HP pavilion 15 X360 br068cl) From what I'm seeing online, the system is a Touchscreen PC and also comes with a pen for writing on the screen. Now, my PC isn't touchscreen. I went online to make research and I saw a post where someone said suggested to a person with this same problem to enable "HP touchscreen Variant" under the device manager. I didn't see anything like that in mine. How do I make my touchscreen responsive? What could be the problem? is it the current window I'm on (Window 10) Please, help.

2) The second problem is, I keep receiving a code 0×c00000b error whenever I want to launch PES 2016, and even 2017. Trust me, I've done everything. ranging from installing Aio runtime, reinstalling PES, and even using CMD to attempt fixing my drive, all to no avail. What should I do?

Thanks.,

Hello.
You sure will get your problem fixed.

1. The touchscreen : From the name of the laptop, it means it turns all the way to the back (360 degrees) making it a tablet! Now lets use our brains here, how do you expect to operate it in that position without a touch enabled screen? cheesy y'know, simple logic.

So, this means, either the touch was disabled or the drivers are missing. The touch could have been disabled from the BIOS...

Do this; Get into the BIOS by pressing the F10 key after pressing the power button. Now observe- does the screen appear to be responsive to touch? If yes then the Drivers need to be updated. If No, The drivers are absent and need installation...If installing and updating the drivers fail to solve this then you will need to replace the touch screen(not the screen it self)

2. PES 2016: Since you've tried all of those yet the issue persists, I wouldn't even suggest going to the registry...'cos things might become a bit messy... Your only respite at this stage is to do a clean install of your windows OS. Then install your APPS. PES would work fine again.

*Cheers*

BTW I'm on WhatsApp: 08128714767
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by musicsonhertz: 10:44pm On Jul 20, 2018
GUYS A MUST HERE HITZ TUNE FROM GHANA BY DANNY BEATZ CANT MISS IT

naijabronze..com/2018/07/danny-beatz-danny-yei-prod-by-danny.html

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by AlhajiWale: 7:39am On Jul 21, 2018
How do I Fix Discoloration and Distortion on my Computer Screen?

(1) (2) (3) ... (923) (924) (925) (926) (927) (928) (929) ... (1223) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.