Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,350 members, 7,846,518 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (99) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1281818 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1224) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 5:36am On Dec 22, 2010
For d hp550 guy,your system is infected with the worm net-worm.Win32.Kido(variants ir or ih) or trojan pakes.Win32.Cob specially designed2delete executables(*.Exe extensions).Always disable autoruns.I wld advice u do a clean format as u wont be able to follow d procedures needed4a special disinfection.Also,ur flash/memory cards wld have been infected&may compromise d clean install.I always advice havin kaspersky tools from kav to rescue cd on linux,on usb,kkl.If u dont want to reload-call me.Wat i say i do or i ll do;i do very well.Enu o se
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 7:38am On Dec 22, 2010
@sameolg616 tanx 4 d info. I have both d Hp OS and recovery DVD. They both came with d system but i don't know how 2 use dem. I will appreciate it if u can teach me. Thanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2010
olacoa:

@sameolg616 tanx 4 d info. I have both d Hp OS and recovery DVD. They both came with d system but i don't know how 2 use dem. I will appreciate it if u can teach me. Thanx

Dear Sir/Madam,

Just like sameolg616has mentioned is very simple. you need to format.

Any update on the diagnostics I prescribed ? Please read all post carefully and
reply/respond in good time as it takes me and my colleagues time to type.

The recovery steps have posted take your time to digest the information. no rush !

If you have a use of msn or yahoo messenger and in front of your computer and
can chat from another computer we can relay the procedures. If that's the case
I would be please to make you an appointment to meet online.entirely up to you

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by olacoa: 10:17am On Dec 22, 2010
@Deji2009, thanks bro pls can you paste the link on the wall so that i can go directly to it. thanks. As of the chat i will try and fix a time for it
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 10:39am On Dec 22, 2010
The user has requested to paste previous post to recovering his HP laptop.

Re: Post Your Computer Troubles Here.
« #3132 on: Today at 03:52:33 AM »
Modify message
Quote from: olacoa on Yesterday at 11:31:21 PM
I'm using Hp 550 wish has window vista. Non of the software on my system is working, even my DvD player and Windows media player. The only thing i do on it is puting it on and looking @ it. 4 me 2 shut it down is another wahala. It will not shutdown untill i remove d battery. Even self some of the icons like battery strenght, network conectivity and level of speaker that do show @ d right base of d system has disappear. PLEASE HELP ME OUT

Dear Sir/Madam,

At your request please find the followings on taking your computer back to square one.

Restart laptop and keep pressing F11 windows is loading files, welcome to
recovery manager and follow on screen instructions. Charger got to be connected.

All data will be lost

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 5:07am On Dec 23, 2010
Help me gurus. I just discovered that my laptop cant produce sound or audio anytime i am playing music, video. I have checked my settings and everything is intact and correct. If there is anything i can do to regain its audio back pls tell me because i have all necessary drivers for audio, sound and video.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 6:28am On Dec 23, 2010
tunnex190:

Help me gurus. I just discovered that my laptop cant produce sound or audio anytime i am playing music, video. I have checked my settings and everything is intact and correct. If there is anything i can do to regain its audio back pls tell me because i have all necessary drivers for audio, sound and video.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above and would all like to know make and model of your computer.
As a good practice and here at nairaland technical support we verify basics regardless
of user knowledge of computer. ie a doctor check to verify what the patient has said and
commence treatment same as a computer. Now down to the nitty gritty.

Here is the prescriptions

Test sound with headphone, does it work ? Yes/no

Click start, run and type in dxdiag and press enter

At the top click sound and to your right click Test Directsound

Any sound when you click Directsound. note all the result and feed back.

To make technicians job lots easier always better to follow instructions.

Once again click start run and type in devmgmt.msc click + next to sound
video controller. any yellow sings such as ! ?. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunddy(m): 6:59am On Dec 23, 2010
pls can someone help me with this problem;when i shutdown my laptop(hp compaq n6220) while connected to the power supply it restart unexpectedly.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Dyoungstar: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2010
HELLO, PLEASE I HAVE THIS HP COMPAQ MINI 311C-1010SA, IT CAME WITH WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK2, BUT VIRUS AFFECTED MY PC AND I FORMATED IT WITH WIN98 AND TRIED LOADING WINXP PACK2, BUT IT REFUSED LOADING IT WAS TELLING ME ERROR OR FILE MISSING AND I CHANGED SO MANY OS CD'S BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTED. WHAT DO I DO PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT THIS TIGHT SITUATION, PLEASE.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:45am On Dec 23, 2010
tunddy:

pls can someone help me with this problem;when i shutdown my laptop(hp compaq n6220) while connected to the power supply it restart unexpectedly.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above. what make and model is your computer ? ie HP 530 Windows Vista.
What happened without charger, does it restart, any error message ?

When does the problem start ? I take you're using the right charger.

Has it ever happened before.Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 9:50am On Dec 23, 2010
Dyoungstar:

HELLO, PLEASE I HAVE THIS HP COMPAQ MINI 311C-1010SA, IT CAME WITH WINDOWS XP SERVICE PACK2, BUT VIRUS AFFECTED MY PC AND I FORMATED IT WITH WIN98 AND TRIED LOADING WINXP PACK2, BUT IT REFUSED LOADING IT WAS TELLING ME ERROR OR FILE MISSING AND I CHANGED SO MANY OS CD'S BUT THE PROBLEM PERSISTED. WHAT DO I DO PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP ME OUT THIS TIGHT SITUATION, PLEASE.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above. We like you to reattempt the windows XP service pack 2 installation.
However please follow instructions as we advice. Restart laptop keep pressing f10 or f2 for Bios
use arrow key to navigate until you see exactly according to the picture below and disable sata mode
then reattempt the xp installation.

Good luck

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvatee: 12:07pm On Dec 23, 2010
Hi Double N the email address is emyrate21@yahoo.com or emyrate22@yahoo.com. thanks

I reside in Calabar and some few days ago i had an accident crywith my laptop(an apple macbook pro) on my back. i thank God i survived but de laptop tried but it was not easy for it, and the most painfull part was that the installation cd broke in the bag that was carrying the laptop
consequently it crahed when i tried boothing it
i ve gotten another hard disk, but i dont know how to get the apple installation cd to install it.
So i desire that a kind nairalander give me a clue of how to get it or a website that i can download it Free online.
what ever help should also be forwarded to the above e-mail address. thank you
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ngolee: 12:48pm On Dec 23, 2010
Means femus u are in trouble, u are d next assignment
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2010
Thanks deji2009. I've fixed it myself. I have to uninstall the conanext hd sound and re-install the pre-installed version.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 2:38pm On Dec 23, 2010
Someone shd pls help, my sys is not booting up after reading the 1st post. Is not even responding to any key F2,F8 and 11 even when inserted d Bootable disc. it only shows a blinking dash . Pls what do i need to do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:01pm On Dec 23, 2010
omoboy08:

Someone shd pls help, my sys is not booting up after reading the 1st post. Is not even responding to any key F2,F8 and 11 even when inserted d Bootable disc. it only shows a blinking dash . Pls what do i need to do?

whats your OS and model of your pc

what did you do the last time you shut down the pc ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:08pm On Dec 23, 2010
silvatee:

Hi Double N the email address is emyrate21@yahoo.com or emyrate22@yahoo.com. thanks

I reside in Calabar and some few days ago i had an accident crywith my laptop(an apple macbook pro) on my back. i thank God i survived but de laptop tried but it was not easy for it, and the most painfull part was that the installation cd broke in the bag that was carrying the laptop
consequently it crahed when i tried boothing it
i ve gotten another hard disk, but i dont know how to get the apple installation cd to install it.
So i desire that a kind nairalander give me a clue of how to get it or a website that i can download it Free online.
what ever help should also be forwarded to the above e-mail address. thank you

what is is wrong with pc does it boot up or not you said IT IS NOT EASY what do you mean ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 3:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
Dear nairalanders, i have an INSPIRON 1500 DELL LAPTOP that i use XP SP2 on, but i changed it to Windows Vista Ultimate, but it happened that the Windows was giving me license key problem so i have to format it and install XP SP2 on it, after the installation the OS is not detecting the SOUND CARD anymore, i have tried several sound drivers & XP SP2, but all in vain, i have tried all my computer skills that i have ran out of options. Please help me out with VISTA license key or solution to make this damn XP SP2 talk. Thanks.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 3:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
samolina1:

Dear nairalanders, i have an INSPIRON 1500 DELL LAPTOP that i use XP SP2 on, but i changed it to Windows Vista Ultimate, but it happened that the Windows was giving me license key problem so i have to format it and install XP SP2 on it, after the installation the OS is not detecting the SOUND CARD anymore, i have tried several sound drivers & XP SP2, but all in vain, i have tried all my computer skills that i have ran out of options. Please help me out with VISTA license key or solution to make this damn XP SP2 talk. Thanks.

go to dell.com and download the sound driver

always go to your manufactures web site for things like drivers

http://support.euro.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx?c=uk&cs=ukdhs1&l=en&s=dhs

put your model number and OS and you will find the drivers
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by silvatee: 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2010
The issue with my Macbook Pro is that the hard disk crached and the OS installation Cd broke when i got the acccident. I have replaced the hard disk drive with a new one. consequently, all i need is the Apple Operating System sotfware to Install it or a website that i can download the O.S software from and install it.
Also if anyone has The OS and is willing to install it for me depending on how dims it fit. This is my e-mail address: emyrate21@yahoo.com for personal reply.
I am open to suggestions if any
RHanks
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by lovehasnoe: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
please we just got this garmin gps device from italy and it does not have nigeria maps. please help me on how to get it and upload to the device. i do not know anything about this at all but i can lean fast, just tell me the proceedure

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 8:28pm On Dec 23, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

whats your OS and model of your pc

what did you do the last time you shut down the pc ?

@ZIM, It is a LG laptop vista service pack 2, though the OS has been behaving funny for days back. I only install a program dt requires to restart. Ve tried all d F code but has refuse to respond to none even with d cd. I only hope is not d hard disk prob. Pls help oooo.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 23, 2010
@omegared35. thanks very much. grin
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 10:32pm On Dec 23, 2010
Thanks for dis post. A friend of mine has got a problem with his laptop, Compaq presario Cq60 notebook. He formatted the system due to some errors with d O.S. He then loaded it wit Windows Vista again bt this time around almost al the drivers ar missing. D worst part of all is that his internet and modem drivers ar missing too. I tried using my laptop to download for him bt compaq official site seems useless. Pls enlighten me abt how to get this problem fixed. I wud av gone thru d previous posts bt it seems so cumbersome 4 me to read. Wud b gr8ful if u recommend a solution. Tanx
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2010
omoboy08:

@ZIM, It is a LG laptop vista service pack 2, though the OS has been behaving funny for days back. I only install a program dt requires to restart. Ve tried all d F code but has refuse to respond to none even with d cd. I only hope is not d hard disk prob. Pls help oooo.

did you try last known configuration ?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:15pm On Dec 23, 2010
FILEBE:

Thanks for dis post. A friend of mine has got a problem with his laptop, Compaq presario Cq60 notebook. He formatted the system due to some errors with d O.S. He then loaded it wit Windows Vista again bt this time around almost al the drivers ar missing. D worst part of all is that his internet and modem drivers ar missing too. I tried using my  laptop to download for him bt compaq official site seems useless. Pls enlighten me abt how to get this problem fixed.  I wud av gone thru d previous posts bt it seems so cumbersome 4 me to read.   Wud b gr8ful if u recommend a solution. Tanx

Dear Sir/Madam,

RE:Window's drivers

Thank you for the above and would all like to know make and model of your computer.
for example Compaq Presario CQ60-100 CTO Notebook PC Windows Vista Ultimate.
This can be found underneath the laptop ontop of sticker/label. if faded click start,
computer then system properties. The full model number is important in identifying
the correct machine.Was CD/DVD installation used to reinstall vista or without ?

Find/click this link www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3768152">http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/ProductList.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodTypeId=321957&prodSeriesId=3768152

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2010
lovehasnoe:

please we just got this garmin gps device from italy and it does not have nigeria maps. please help me on how to get it and upload to the device. i do not know anything about this at all but i can lean fast, just tell me the proceedure

the best thing is there garmin web site
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 11:22pm On Dec 23, 2010
lovehasnoe:

ZIM DRILL:

the best thing is there garmin web site

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the above and would adhere to ZIM DRILL advice.

Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 12:14am On Dec 24, 2010
4d dell inspirion 1500,go2control panel,system,device manager-check4any uninstalled driver.If u dont find-check4PCI device(its a combination of ur high def audio/modem).U will need the software WDM DRIVER(google it2download).Wen u install it,it will split in2high def audio&modem.After then,u can now install d audio drivers.PRECAUTION2ALWAYS TAKE B4FORMATTIN-find d program DRIVER MAGICIAN(2help u backup/restore ur drivers)after reformat.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 12:46am On Dec 24, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

did you try last known configuration ?

Not at all. it continue to show a blinking dash after reading d 1st post. It doesnt take me to d area at all. only read for like 5sec and then d blinking.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 8:49am On Dec 24, 2010
Omoboyo,try repairing ur os.Option2:ur hard disk may be defective of bad sectors(wen data cant be retrieved in a bad sector,u can get dat blinkin cursor).Get this program HDD REGENERATOR 1.71 by dmitriy primochenko(lovely program by d russian).U can also find it in the hiren bootcd under harddisk tools.disaster recovery(data recovery from damaged,formatted harddisk etc)is part of my biz.Callin me is always faster
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 9:05am On Dec 24, 2010
Thanks a million! I am already on the two!

(1) (2) (3) ... (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) ... (1224) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.