Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. - Computers (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (1273955 Views)

22 Essentials To Consider Before Buying A Laptop/computer PC/MAC / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Laptop Problems Here For Free Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1223) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by samolina1(m): 5:53pm On Dec 28, 2010
@ZIM thanks for that piece, the machine is now giving sound! But something else came up after the driver installation, the output sound is somehow scratchy like playing a bad disc in a CD player. Please help!
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ubywan: 6:38pm On Dec 28, 2010
I need a copy of windows xp professional. Any suggestions?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
samolina1:

@ZIM thanks for that piece, the machine is now giving sound! But something else came up after the driver installation, the output sound is somehow scratchy like playing a bad disc in a CD player. Please help!

try drivers next or before your model
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 7:49pm On Dec 28, 2010
ubywan:

I need a copy of windows xp professional. Any suggestions?

buy one or find someone who has a copy
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ubywan: 7:57pm On Dec 28, 2010
Wow! Zim, that was super-helpful. Thanks smiley
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elrony(m): 10:48pm On Dec 28, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

roughly your pc is not charging find someone who can test the charger if it is working

zim my charger is working, i ve even tried it wif my bro's working charger, same thing, it ll indicate charging, but once u tryna on it,it starts blinking again,widout any display and goes off, i ve tried leaving it chargin the whole day but the same thing keeps occurring, i even removed the battery(connected it to electricty like dat yet same thing),, wat could be the problem
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 10:55pm On Dec 28, 2010
@elrony does your pc and your bro's use the same type of battery? if so try swapping batteries; if yours still doesn't charge then you probably need to change your battery; if his doesn't charge on your lappy then you should take your laptop to a technician
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elrony(m): 11:01pm On Dec 28, 2010
@blackweaver, no they dont use d same battery, but do u think its d battery??, coz i removed the battery and plugged the pc directly to a power source and its still misbehaving, cos i ve seen ma bro do dat and his pc was working fine but no power backup,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 11:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
It seems as if i going to need d driver disk for Compaq presario cq60 419wm. D ones i av downloaded doesnt work. PLS ANY ONE WITH COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60 universal driver?

I also have a system that shut down on restart. I av gone through d properties of "my computer" to change hardware settings, and allowed my network adapters to b O S controlled since i didnt see wake up type option "off". Pls tel me aw to go tru d bios settings to change it.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:53am On Dec 29, 2010
elrony:

zim my charger is working, i ve even tried it wif my bro's working charger, same thing, it ll indicate charging, but once u tryna on it,it starts blinking again,widout any display and goes off, i ve tried leaving it chargin the whole day but the same thing keeps occurring, i even removed the battery(connected it to electricty like dat yet same thing),, wat could be the problem

is your brother's pc same make and model as yours that you switch chargers ?

does your charger powers your brothers ?

if not does your brother charger have same voltage, polarity and same socket type
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by puskin: 2:11am On Dec 29, 2010
@ZIM DRILL. . . . . I duff my hat 4U. . . . morning, afternoon, nite. . . .U dey attend to ppl problems.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by tunnex190: 5:40am On Dec 29, 2010
I need help here. I cant connect my phone directly with my laptop with the aid of bluetooth. Anytime i switch on my bluetooth device on laptop to search for a phone, it will connect and this helps me to trasfer file from laptop to a phone but my phone will never send files to the laptop. check the s.s. It says bluetooth peripheral device not installed.

Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by omoboy08(m): 7:15am On Dec 29, 2010
Any help oo, my laptop still continue not to respond to any keys even after pressing f8 or f11. Always showing blinking dash after reading d 1st post for like 5secs. I even want to format every but couldnt respond at all. Or have i lost d hard drive? pls i need help. It is LG R400 window vista service pack 2
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 10:23am On Dec 29, 2010
Omoboy,as4ur harddisk issue-i thot we spoke abt it b4.Cal me on 08061679732-lets hook up.We may stil b able2revive it b4u format
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 11:04am On Dec 29, 2010
FILEBE:

It seems as if i going to need d driver disk for Compaq presario cq60 419wm. D ones i av downloaded doesnt work. PLS ANY ONE WITH COMPAQ PRESARIO CQ60 universal driver?

I also have a system that shut down on restart. I av gone through d properties of "my computer" to change hardware settings, and allowed my network adapters to b O S controlled since i didnt see wake up type option "off". Pls tel me aw to go tru d bios settings to change it.

Zin na, Wetin me go do?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:33pm On Dec 29, 2010
tunnex190:

I need help here. I cant connect my phone directly with my laptop with the aid of bluetooth. Anytime i switch on my bluetooth device on laptop to search for a phone, it will connect and this helps me to trasfer file from laptop to a phone but my phone will never send files to the laptop. check the s.s. It says bluetooth peripheral device not installed.

install the bluetooth driver
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2010
tunnex190:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for the above. what's the make and model of your computer ? Are you in use of a bluetooth usb dongle or
already built into the laptop. what make and model is your phone. is the machine XP or Vista. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by deji2009(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
omoboy08:

Any help oo, my laptop still continue not to respond to any keys even after pressing f8 or f11. Always showing blinking dash after reading d 1st post for like 5secs. I even want to format every but couldnt respond at all. Or have i lost d hard drive? pls i need help. It is LG R400 window vista service pack 2

Dear Sir/Madam,

Thanks for the above. Like my colleague sameolg616 has advised ring him up for the hard drive diags
before formatting. The blinks cursor means the laptop is looking for a device to boot from.
check to make sure nothing is plug to the usb port ie printer etc. could be a hard drive. Good luck
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2010
@ZIM. U ar nt replyin me na
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2010
FILEBE:

sorry bro
i need to look back into your original post and follow them up and find out what might be wrong

give me time
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by elrony(m): 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2010
ZIM DRILL:

is your brother's pc same make and model as yours that you switch chargers ?

does your charger powers your brothers ?

if not does your brother charger have same voltage, polarity and same socket type

they both use the same charger, not the same model,, but the same make,
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by blackweaver(m): 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2010
@elrony ok then can yoou get someone who has a laptop with the same type of battery?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by sameolg616(m): 1:10am On Dec 30, 2010
U pple should pls understand,its not easy2 have a clear understanding of your posts atimes as it may not be well detailed.We are no magicians&always realise some procedures are realised over yrs of experience and practice(no way u can get a step by step on a forum most times).Just like omoboy's harddisk,even if i told him2download d program&describe d procedures.What happens wen he gets stuck with 'sata native mode active'?Lets not waste all resources on an impossible task online esp the hardware issues like my charger/battery issue taking so much space.My friend once burnt his motherboard wen he read on how to upgrade his ram.The manual simply forgot2tell him to remove his battery/power so as2avoid the sys coming on accidentally during the process.Let the experts resist the urge to attend to such hardware issues
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Briareos(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2010
·٠•● smileyƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ smiley●•٠·˙
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Briareos(m): 8:37am On Dec 30, 2010
I can't watch youtube videos anymore. It suddenly stopped! I've download the latest adobe flash player and i've tried other browsers! any help?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 30, 2010
I have a IBM ThinkPad T41 that is asking for Bios Password, what can I do to re-set the Bios

removal or short-circuiting the CMOS battery won't work with this type of laptop.

I know reading the EEPROM chip can reveal the password but how do i read it?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:26pm On Dec 30, 2010
netsurf:

I have a IBM ThinkPad T41 that is asking for Bios Password, what can I do to re-set the Bios

removal or short-circuiting the CMOS battery won't work with this type of laptop.

I know reading the EEPROM chip can reveal the password but how do i read it?

who did set the password ? the best thing is take it back where you bought it and ask if there are the ones who set the password and they should reset or delete it

If you forget your BIOS password, consult your motherboard manual or if you don't have one, consult the website of the BIOS manufacturer
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2010
FILEBE:

sorry i took so long to get back to you i had to read all your post

and i got the answer from the first post which i missed when i read it

"@ Zim thanks! i am downloading the drivers now ho[e it works for it. pls, zim,i am currently using CLEVO M550SE which has got its wireless card slot empty( i have opened my system to know that). so i removed an H.P wireless card and fix to mine, The Clevo has got only one wire for the wireless connector while the H.P wireless card has got two slots: the main and the auxiliary. so i assumed the one wire is going to be connected to the main and that is what i did. Now when i toggle the switch button ON it displays the wireless light unlike before that it doesnt display even when switch o.
the problem now is that i dont know what driver to use to get it to work properly or have i done an engineering error using H.P wireless card hardware for Clevo computer? "

the wireless device is not meant for your pc motherboard hence the connectors are two and the other one is single connection
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by Cashflow2(m): 2:35pm On Dec 30, 2010
Pls how do i install a sodtware download from the net without being online to do that.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by FILEBE(m): 3:32pm On Dec 30, 2010
@zim.
I got dat Zim. I tink i've to find anoda wireless hardware.
Wat abt my oda post?
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by farabale(m): 3:42pm On Dec 30, 2010
Hi Briareos,

you need youtube downloader HD to download your you tube video and watch them with your windows media player. It's free, just gogle it. I hope this helps.
Re: Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. by ZIMDRILL(m): 5:14pm On Dec 30, 2010
Cash flow:

Pls how do i install a sodtware download from the net without being online to do that.

yes you can but it depends on the software eg realplayer needs you to register online for it to finally work

so you download the software to usb drive or whatever external drive you have and then install it to the pc that is not connected to the net

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (1223) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.