Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (397418 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by dollydolly(f): 2:54pm On Aug 18, 2016
@TiffanyJ... Hello dear it's been quite some time now.

So I just stumbled on this story and just stopped everything I was doing cause I had followed the other 3 stories, so let me say I knew it would be the bomb so far it's from you.

But after going through a few pages I noticed some parts of the story had been removed. So as an ardent reader since the days of "Reluctant Bribe" pls ma is there a blog or just some other way we can catch up on the full version of this story as I won't want to miss out on any of them.

By the way, you are doing one hell of a good job. Keep it up as I wait patiently for your response.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 9:01pm On Aug 18, 2016
Helen was pursing Jake and Maureen. They ran down the corridor to an open field. There, they hid behind a silo, breathing very hard. Helen appeared from the corridor and came towards the silo. The panic in Maureen's eyes were excruciating. Jake held her arms and they began running again.
They ran for almost ten minutes and Maureen was tired. She knew it was time she made a decision. She stopped running and Jake too stopped.
'Sweetheart,we just have to cross that little river over there. She won't get to us again'
'I can't Jake, I really can't'
'Of course you can'
'Do me a favour, leave. Don't bother about me. I can't and won't slow you down. Tell Victoria I love her. Tell the boys their mother was brave and she loved them'
'No, I won't leave you behind. I can't imagine life without you'
'Who then will we saddle our kids with?'
'Of course there is there is my brother Henry, my sister Tara and your brother Joel. Our kids would never lack'
'No. Jake if you love me you would go. Survive, get a good woman, marry and take care of our kids'
'I will never leave you at the mercy of Helen. Never'
He helped her up just as Helen appeared with a pistol in her hands. She was in a black jeans and black shirt. She looked both evil and sinister at once. Smiling,she said
'If I can't have you Jake, no one will'
'No Helen. Not him. Take me instead. If you kill us both our kids would be left orphans'
'It doesn't matter to me'
'Mother. Take me. I will come with you. Just let Maureen go. She is so sweet, innocent and kind to end up like this', Jake told his mother.
'No, its too late for that Jake. Today, get ready to meet God'
'No,No', Maureen shouted as Helen pulled the trigger. It hit Jake's chest. He stared at his mother and then Maureen, and then he crumbled to the floor. Maureen rushed to him and cradled his head on her lap.
'No, jake damn you i will get you to the hospital'
'No. I lo...ve ....yo...'
He gave up the ghost. Maureen let out a scream. then two, and she left Henry,charging towards Helen with anger. But then, Helen was with the boys and Victoria somehow she wondered how they got there. She stopped when Helen pointed the gun at Victoria.
'Your punishment Maureen is that you would live alone in this world for the rest of your life. No Jake, no kids'
'No Helen, not my babies'
Helen let out a wicked laugh. She fired a shot and Victoria was on the floor,bleeding.
'No, no'
Then two shots went out. Maureen looked up to the two cribs. Somehow Helen had fled. Slowly, her body very bloody, with Victoria and Jake's, she walked to the crib and screamed. She saw the lifeless and bloody bodies of her little ones. She was screaming her head off and crying and shouting and running mad.

She was screaming and falling but she felt strong arms holding her. She fought the arms but she couldn't. Her right arm hurt too much. Someone was hugging her and holding her tightly. She perceived his cologne. It was Jake.
'Jake?', she asked
'Its me sweetheart. You are having a very bad dream', he said
Her eyes flew opened. There he was holding her. Her father-in-law was there in the room and so Henry, her brother-in-law.
'Jake, you died, I can't bear loosing you', she told him in tears
'Hush, its only a dream my love. Look,I am here'
'The kids?', she asked
'All well. All having their afternoon nap'
'Are you sure?'
'Very. Its all a dream love'
'A dream', she said and burst into fresh tears. Henry was coming to them but Jake stopped him with his hands
'I'm so glad it was only a dream'
'Yes sweetheart. Do you trust me?'
'Yes'
Your wound is bleeding. The doctor would come and check it for you'
'Will you be here to see him do it?'
'Sure'
'Okay. Jake? When last did I bath?'
'You can't bath now. The doctor is yet to give permission for that'
'She looked down at her soaked nighty. It was soaked with perspiration and it clung to her like a second skin. Jake followed his eyes to her body. She needed another sponge bath.
A knock came at the door and the doctor they had hired to see to her appeared at the door way. He saw the blood stains on her clothes but dared not complain. He was being paid quiet well. In fact, too well. They were paying him double what he would collect as his monthly salary. His colleagues know the Josephs, they hate the hospital, choose a doctor from a private hospital negotiate with the hospital for him to be released into his care and pay him to work for them. Once he is done,he would return to his job. The hospital would arrange it as if the doctor was on a vacation.
The doctors weren't disturbed. They were expected to give the best and then they got paid double for their services.
Dr Thomas looked again at the woman holding the man so tightly. He was in his room when he heard her scream. At first, he thought she was having a fever but he could see she was not.
'Sir, if you would excuse us,I think its time I take care of that wound lest it gets infected'
Henry and Anthony both left the room but Maureen wouldn't let go of Jake. slowly, with the help of the doctor, Jake got rid of her clothes.
Under the doctor's tutelage, he sponged bath her and then wiped her body with a towel,being very careful with her wound. When he was done, the doctor dressed her wound and Jake dug into her clothes for a clean nighty again. She was helped into her clothes.
'How are you feeling now?', jake asked
'Please I can't stand it that we don't sleep in the same bed. Come back here Jake'
'I can't. I might hurt you in my sleep'
'But I don't want to stay here alone at night'
'Mr joseph, you can bring in a sofa into the room. That is if you can survive sleeping there'
'Of course I will'
'She needs to be fed her lunch so that she can take her med'
Ten minutes later, a maid walked in with a plate of beans and vegetable. Jake sat on the bed and fed her. She ate, swallowed her pills and went back to sleep.

Jake descended the staircase, went to the bar and poured himself a glass of scotch. He didn't know why Maureen would meet Helen behind his back and endanger herself.
'How is she?', he heard his brother said.
'Bad', Jake replied.
'She seemed scared'
'She is scared'
'Of who?'
'Helen'
'Isn't it high time you discuss with us what is going on here?'
'Henry, I came to you once. You refused to hear me out. You called me a betrayal and plotted against me'
'I am interested now'
'That day at the bar, I wanted to tell you why I stayed away all these while. You were to furious to listen'
'I am sorry Jake'
'Boys, its time we discuss this. Meet me in my room. I am afraid this is not something we would be proud to discuss with thee maids hearing us', Anthony informed his sons and went up to his room.
Henry, afraid of what he would hear tool two bottled of brandy upstairs with him. Jake followed, closely behind.
Once in Anthony',suit, Henry mentioned for Jake to tell history.
Maureen's dream had prompted him to tell the untold. The three had been downstairs, discussing with Henry who had come to brief their father the state of things at the agency when they heard a scream upstairs. They listened again and the scream came again.
Jake knew it was Maureen and he ran upstairs to her, his father and Henry following from behind.
Now, thinking back,he made a decision to tell his family the dilemma he was in.
'Father, a lady is carrying my baby and I don't even know her'
'So cheated on Maureen? I thought you love her?', Henry asked
' I didn't cheat on her. I was forced'
'You mean a lady pulled down your trousers and climbed over you?', Henry said, with humor.
'Its mother. She kidnapped me, chained me to the bed and brought in a lady. Henry she watched. I was drugged and used and...'
'Wait Jake, mother was the one that kidnapped you?'
'Yes'
'Not mother Jake, our mother is sweet, loving, kind, gentle. You inherited her traits. That's why you are too quiet, too gentlemanly, too enduring'
'Henry. The woman you just described is not mother. She had been pretending all our lives. The woman I met and called mother is a murderer, a greedy woman, bitter,ruthless and a bi.tch'
'Jake!'
'What happened Jake?', Anthony asked
Jake swallowed.

'I met mother two years after we buried her in a shopping mall. I was staring so hard at her I thought I was dreaming. Slowly,I walked to the woman throwing groceries into a basket and couldn't take my eyes off hers. She felt my stare and looked up. I watched closely and so her froze.
'Mother?' I asked
'Jake. What are you doing in Lagos?'
'I live here. Are you ghost?'
'No. I had to escape from your father'
'What is happening?'
'I faked my death Jake. I am happy now'

Jake looked at his father and brother.
'Since then, mother began making me pay for seeing her'
'How?',Anthony asked
'She made sure I turned my back on you and father'
Why?'
'She believed I might spill the beans. When I insisted on always visiting home,she punished me', Jake said in tears.
'She killed Jessica', he sobbed
'What? You said Jessica was asthmatic',Henry shouted. He knew Jessica well. She was his brother's first love. He dated Jessica when they were in school and often bragged that he would marry her as soon as they were done with school and working.
'You might meet someone better and more beautiful than her. Do not rush bro, you are still young', Henry had one day told his brother.
'Why don't you like her? She is my missing rib'
'I can't bear to watch you marry an asthmatic patient'
'Don't ever talk about my future wife like that. Never, ever', Jake had replied in anger.
'easy bro'
Since then, Henry had never say a thing against the girl. Jake had confided that he had met her parents and they had agreed for him to come for her introduction. Anthony wasn't in town and they were waiting for him to return when Jake came back home in tears one evening.
'What is it?'
'Jesse, she is dead'
Since then, his brother changed. He stopped coming home, stopped dating, stop making friends, draw more into a shell he created for himself and then finally, became a loner.
Henry had thought that Jake was mourning Jessica but as the years went by, they concluded that Jake missed his mother. While she was alive, they were very close.
'You mean mother did that?'
'Yes'
'Helen, was responsible for your behaviour these past fifteen years?', Anthony asked
'You haven't heard half of it'
'Tell us'
Jake told his story. Every detail,without leaving a single thing behind. He didn't see his father made a fist, neither did he see his brother's eyes looked dangerous.
'Jake, let's get this straight. Why did you mother target you?'
'I saw something I wasn't suppose to see'
'What?'
'She is into arm deals. They supply arms and ammunition to terrorists'
'Are you sure?', Henry asked
'Why do you think she and Philip are targeting me?'
Henry and Anthony exchanged look. Jake whom they loved had gone through so much pain because of the greediness of one woman. They knew what they would do.
'I need to go and check on Maureen and the kids', Jake told them
'Go Jake. I'm right behind you', Henry said.
Once the door close behind Jake, Anthony turned to Henry.
'Henry, she is your mother but you know what we have to do now, don't you?'
'Yes father. Jake was going through so much pain all these years and we never knew. No one deserves what he got'
'No one',Anthony agreed.
'And no one who touches a member of our family go free. No one, not even the one who called herself our mother', Henry agreed.
'Good. Your first step Henry is to bring Linda and the kids to this place to live. Temporary. Call Jordan, tell him a war is about to start and Helen might decide to get to me through Tara. Joel should also know of this', Anthony told Henry.
'Yes father. We take care of our own.
'Finally, dig into Philip. Find out all you can about him'
When Henry took his leave, Anthony allowed his anger to reign. Helen would regret ever meeting a man of his caliber. She hurt his son and Maureen, no one dared Anthony Joseph and go away without getting burnt. Not even his wife and the mother of his sons.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by callmeomotee33(f): 9:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Uhmmm this is the beginning of war between Joseph families and Helen ......thanks dear for the update

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Twinkle004(f): 9:50pm On Aug 18, 2016
Thank God Jake has finally told his father & brother abt is ordeal now Helen get ready...Tiffany thnks 4 d update can't wait 4 u 2 finish up

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by jessysparkles(f): 9:57pm On Aug 18, 2016
ghen ghen ghen ghen ......war started!!!!! Tiffany tiffany nice 1.. I hope dy teach Helen lesson of her life. pls update soon

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Temtopy(f): 10:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
finally Henry is courageous enough to tell his story am happy about d new development. can't wait for d next update thanz Tiffany u r d best

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Aug 18, 2016
this is the beingin of war

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by onosj(f): 1:50am On Aug 19, 2016
OK na! Helen be ready 4 war...Tiffany may d almighty God strength u more.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by rachealfst(f): 2:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Helen you better run.....thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:31am On Aug 19, 2016
callmeomotee33:
Uhmmm this is the beginning of war between Joseph families and Helen ......thanks dear for the update
Thank you for reading!

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:33am On Aug 19, 2016
Twinkle004:
Thank God Jake has finally told his father & brother abt is ordeal now Helen get ready...Tiffany thnks 4 d update can't wait 4 u 2 finish up
Thank you for reading. Jake made the right deecision
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:34am On Aug 19, 2016
jessysparkles:
ghen ghen ghen ghen ......war started!!!!! Tiffany tiffany nice 1.. I hope dy teach Helen lesson of her life. pls update soon
I hope so too. Will update soon
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:35am On Aug 19, 2016
Temtopy:
finally Henry is courageous enough to tell his story am happy about d new development. can't wait for d next update thanz Tiffany u r d best
Thanks for reading. The next update is not far away

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:37am On Aug 19, 2016
OMO1234567:
this is the beingin of war
Talking like Anthony Joseph
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:38am On Aug 19, 2016
onosj:
OK na! Helen be ready 4 war...Tiffany may d almighty God strength u more.
Amen my dear. Did youtake a break? I hardly ever see you online again
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:39am On Aug 19, 2016
rachealfst:
Helen you better run.....thanks for the update.
Thank you for reading
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by princessadeola(f): 7:44am On Aug 19, 2016
Tiffany, am enjoying myself. Great work.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mofy1(f): 7:53am On Aug 19, 2016
Weldone tiff always the best.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by dupsai(f): 8:27am On Aug 19, 2016
Wow, the battle line has been drawn. 'We take care of our own ' said Anthony. Thanks Tiffany for this piece, l want more grin
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 9:13am On Aug 19, 2016
Na now gobe start helen u don touch lion tail nw ready for the bite

I too like this story like kilode

Madam u r doing a great n wonderful job more longitivity to ur battery
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Jumizie13(f): 10:15am On Aug 19, 2016
Helen don price market wey she no fit buy.

TiffanyJ, ride on jare
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Hybrid01: 11:42am On Aug 19, 2016
I started reading this story when it was on the 15th page but now i am officially joining the thread by commenting. This story is just too good.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by rmfunky(f): 3:40pm On Aug 19, 2016
Chai grin Helen don enter one chance! Thanks Tiffanyj

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by crislyn(f): 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2016
ghen ghen ....thumbs up Tiffanyj, I'm going to miss you when this story ends.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by winningbt: 8:20am On Aug 20, 2016
the battle line has been drawn, now the action starts, Tiffanyj God bless your handiwork.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by juliejames: 9:06am On Aug 20, 2016
Tiffany you are sure good with you do I read all the series they are all breathtaking more grease [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Mpaul22: 1:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
So sad, all i do is just read people's comment....hope i get all that i am missin after been verified @ tiffany.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mercydaniel: 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
juliejames:
Tiffany you are sure good with you do I read all the series they are all breathtaking more grease [color=#770077][/color]
sheee standing ovation to tiffany u are something else.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by onosj(f): 8:41am On Aug 22, 2016
TiffanyJ:

Amen my dear. Did youtake a break? I hardly ever see you online again
no! I lost my phone? I just got another one recently... I wish u a wonderful Sunday.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adikij(f): 11:46am On Aug 22, 2016
Nice story tiff you are just amazing thanks

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by mujybee(f): 7:25am On Aug 23, 2016
d battle line has just bin drawn God bless u tiff
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by HelenBee(f): 2:30pm On Aug 25, 2016
Every1 calling my name. cry

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.