Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,707 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (400082 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Jumizie13(f): 4:03pm On Aug 03, 2016
TiffanyJ, it is well with your soul.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Shakyroh320(f): 5:24pm On Aug 03, 2016
Amen

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by winningbt: 10:06pm On Aug 05, 2016
Tiffanyj I hope all is well with you?

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 11:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
Tiff, hope no probs,
Talk to us, at least say something to guarantee us that you good..
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:31am On Aug 06, 2016
MzMessiTohBadt:
Tiff, hope no probs,
Talk to us, at least say something to guarantee us that you good..
I am fine, thank you. Its just that work had been so hectic there isn't time for update and then wheever I can spare it, my ba3 is flat.
I want to type two updates and then post them at once. Will do that any day from now. Thanks for checking in on me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by MzMessiTohBadt(f): 12:59pm On Aug 06, 2016
TiffanyJ:

I am fine, thank you. Its just that work had been so hectic there isn't time for update and then wheever I can spare it, my ba3 is flat.
I want to type two updates and then post them at once. Will do that any day from now. Thanks for checking in on me

Thank God for that, cuz I was kinda worried..

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Shakyroh320(f): 6:20pm On Aug 06, 2016
His Grace is ur strenght

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Bibyken(f): 7:25pm On Aug 06, 2016
TiffanyJ:

am happy u are safe and in good health! waiting patiently for updates.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by abefe99: 9:17pm On Aug 06, 2016
TiffanyJ:

tank God but plss try to update we knw its not easy u are the best joor grin
TiffanyJ:

tank God but plss try to update we knw its not easy u are the best joor

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by dupsai(f): 7:08pm On Aug 10, 2016
Tiffany, howdy? Just checking on you, hope you're good?

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 7:13am On Aug 11, 2016
Tiff how r u hop u r fine is been long

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 8:38am On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks to all of you for your patience and for checking in on me. I was unavoidably absent, but I am now back. Will try and give regular updates as I used to.
Seriously, God has performed a. Miracle in my life. I can't begin to tell you guys what I've been through but the thing is, I've learnt to give thanks to the almighty, in whatever situation I find myself.

Regular updates would begin from today.

4 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 8:39am On Aug 12, 2016
That evening, Maureen couldn't hide her joy of finally meeting her mother-in-law. She walked around the house with smiles on her face and even went down the kitchen to prepare dinner. Everyone was amazed, the maids couldn't stop whispering and giggling to their selves.
'Maureen, what's wrong with you?', Jake asked her over dinner.
'I'm simply excited', she replied with a grin.
'Even a blind me could see that you are excited. The question now is, why?', he asked her while Victoria and Anthony watched.
'Well, this morning, you and I had one of the best time of our lives. You were so great and you remembered that you had to...'
Jake was appalled! Maureen was narrating their sexual scenes to his father and Victoria. His daughter wouldn't understand but his father did. In fact, looking at Anthony, there was a look of understanding in his old eyes. Jake turned to Maureen and wondered how she could tell his father things like that. Quickly, he stood up and pulled her out of her chair. She went willingly into his arms and then began kissing him.

'For god sake Maureen, your daughter is here', Anthony said.
'I know that sir. We were only kissing', she went back to her food and then motioned to Jake to have one too. Like a child, he sat back in his chair but couldn't take his eyes off her. She smiled, cut a chunk of fish and motioned to Victoria to come closer. She fed Victoria twice and then turned to Jake.
'Are we married?', she asked him
He went stilled. He exchanged a look with his father and wondered if she knew that their so called marriage was a sham.
'Yes', he said.
'Good, then allow me to feed you'
'Maureen, I...'
'Jake, you need your strength. I just don't know why everyone expect me to pretend when I am married'
No one answered her. She began pushing food into his mouth and then, began laughing. After wards, she kissed his lips, Victoria's cheeks and dashed upstairs to feed her little ones.
'Mummy seemed happy to me'
'Your mummy is insatiable', Anthony barked.
'What's intiable?', she asked, unable to pronounce the word correctly.
'It means unable to stop being happy', Her father lied with a smile.
'Victoria, go upstairs, I need to talk with your daddy'
'Okay grandpa', she too dashed upstairs,to her mother.
'Jake, your doctor told me you stopped going for check up'
'Yes, I did'
'Why?'
'I am now fully recovered. No need to start going for some check-up'
'So you think. Why didn't you wait for the doctor to permit you going back to your sexual life?'
Jake stood up. 'I will not discuss this with you'
He said and walked out of his father. Walking upstairs, he heard Maureen laughing with the kids and Victoria singing a nursery rhyme. He had a bath and was putting on his clothes when Maureen opened the adjoining door. She smiled at him and began getting rid of her clothes.
'Maureen, we need to talk'
'Talk you say?', she asked him and then drove into a chest of drawer for a jeans.
'Yes. You seem to forget that some things must remain private'.
'Things like what?'
'Our sex life of cause'
She put on her jeans and then turned to face her husband who was looking at her
'Jake, I read it somewhere that it is very important for couple to show affections to each other in front of their kids'
'Are you trying to make yourself feel better?'
Maureen glanced at the big clock on the wall. It was already past ten and she was suppose to be meeting Helen by noon.
'I am happy Jake, for the first time in years'
'I am happy too Maureen but...'
'But what? Don't tell me you are a sadist'
'Why would you say so?'
'You hate seeing me happy'
'That's not true'
She picked a peach shirt and wore it over her body. Turning to her husband, she said.
'You know what? I need time to think'
'Go ahead and think your head off', he said calmly and watched her stormed out of the room. Victoria opened the connecting door and stared at her daddy who was still standing and staring at the door her mother just exited.
'Daddy?'

'Yes?'
'Are you and mummy fighting?'
'No. What made you think so?'
'I heard mummy shouting. She shouts at you whenever she is mad'
Jake sat on the bed and pulled his daughter to him. She was too smart for her age and he didn't like that at all.
'Your mummy and I are just having a misunderstanding'
'Will you travel again, daddy?'
'No pumpkin. I have no intention of traveling'
'Even if mummy shouts at you?'
'Yes, even if your mummy shouts at me. I love her just so much'

Maureen deliberately picked Anthony's car keys. She knew he would miss it but she didn't care. She didn't even care with make-up. Well, she wasn't as angry as she made Jake believed. She was only looking for a way out of the house and she got one. She stared at herself through the rear view mirror and agreed that she wasn't looking so very ugly to meet her so called 'deceased' mother-in-law.
Slowly, she started the car and drove out of the house, making sure that her phones accompanied her to the car. As she drove to her daughter's school, she thought of how to approach Helen and decided to be ruthless. By 11:30am, Maureen had highlighted in front of the school. She looked round and wasn't surprised that Helen was yet to show up. She alighted from the car and waited for about thirty minutes when she saw a green jeep drove into the street. Maureen had stayed as far away as she could from the gate of her daughter's school.
The green car halted and Maureen watched as a woman of about sixty alighted and began walking towards her. The woman was in dark in complexion, slim and very tall. Maureen at that moment, knew that her Jake had inherited his mother's features. He was the exact image of his mother but in a masculine form. She walked elegantly towards Maureen, and her heart missed a skip. This woman so reminded her of Jake she wondered why a mother would treat her own son with so much hatred as this woman treated Jake. Maureen took note of Helen's dressing, she was dressed in a red dress that reached just below her knees.
'Good afternoon ma', Maureen greeted
'I don't need your greetings. I have a message for you'
'I am all ears'
'Pack your things out of Anthony's house to that brother of yours'
'May I ask why?'
'I will never accept you for my little boy. Rosie is already carrying his child'
Maureen allowed herself to laugh.
'You seem to have forgotten that you died for over fifteen years. You have no say in whatever happened between Jake and I'
'We shall see'
'Helen,I am not here to listen to you blab about your little boy. I am here to warn you to stay away from Jake'
'What if I refuse?'
'I will tell on you. Anthony and Henry will know just what you did to your so called little boy'
'He didn't tell you!'
'Sure he did, you crazy woman'
Helen furiously slapped Maureen. Maureen pushed the woman and then slapped her back.
'You don't scare me Helen. Now take this message to Philip. Tell him that I said, I do not forgive nor do I forget but I am willing to compromise. Tell him that you two should take yourselves out of my family's life or else...'
'What?'
'I will announce to the whole world that Helen Joseph is alive and well. Your brother, Jerry would know the kind of person you are'
'You won't live long enough to tell the tale', Helen said with a smile.
'First of all, I need to prove a point to you Helen. Just give me a few minutes to make a call.
Helen smiled to herself. Maureen would not even reach home. She would have an accident on her way home and that would be the end of her. Philip was already waiting ahead.
'Make your call Maureen'
'Sure, I will'
She dialed Henry's number and placed it on the speaker for Helen to hear.
'Hello?'
'Henry?'
'Yes?, Maureen how are you and the kids?'
Maureen burst into tears. Helen frowned
'Good God why are crying?', Henry shouted
'Jake and I had a fight'
'So. Is this the first time?'
'Henry, what if he leaves me?'
'He loves you Maureen'
Maureen was crying so hard that Henry knew she wanted something.
'Stop the crocodile tears Maureen. What do you want?'
'I took your father's car and went driving and now I am stuck. It just stopped moving. I think it developed mechanical problem'
'Call him send his mechanic. I can't come now, I have a meeting to attend in an hour'
'I'm scared of Anthony, he will have my head for taking his favourite car without his permission'
'We all know that you don't fear father. Beside, I don't know how you managed to wrap him around your little fingers'
'Henry?'
'Gosh, call your brother or even Jordan. Just let me be'
'I... Think I need a doctor. I...'
Maureen shouted in pain and then quickened her breathing.
'Where are you?'
'Victoria's school', she said in a painful voice.
'Hold on, will be there soon'
The line went dead and Maureen jumped in excitement. She turned to Helen and smiled.
'Now, you see just how close to your sons and husband I am. All I had to do is pick my phone and dialed a number. Your secret would be out in minutes'
'Why did you call Henry here?'
'Why shouldn't I? You chained your own son, allowed him to be raped by a madwoman like you, and held him captive for days. If you could do that to your son, what then would you do to me?'
'I will kill you'
'I know that already. You better kill me quick, before Henry comes here'
'How much do you want to stay away from Jake?'
'Unlike you, I can't ever be bought. I am priceless'
'You know, I love Jake more than anyone in this world. After all, he is my little boy'
'Keep consoling yourself Helen. Love doesn't hurt, so I believe what you feel for him isn't love'
'Rosie is carrying his child'
'Trust me woman, you can have the kid. Neither I nor Jake want to have anything to do with the kid. Keep him, that's the gift Jake and I would give you'
'He must marry her'
'Then what will you do with me?'
'Nothing important girl. I now know the kind of person you are. Spoiled, silly and a bimbo. I now know how to handle you'
Maureen wasn't given a chance to reply. She spied Henry's Benz driving down. Helen, on seeing the car, removed her heels, packed them and then ran to the car. She knew she couldn't let him see her. Maureen on her own quickly went on her knees and began shouting in pain.
The car came to a halt and Henry ran out to Maureen who was already shedding crocodile tears.
'Maureen...'
'Henry I'm in pains. please help me'
He picked her up and held her to him.
'What's disturbing you?'
'My lower abdomen'
He picked her to his car, went back for her bags, locked his father's car and returned to her.
'Maureen, I know you are in pains. I saw a woman just ran towards that green car. She looked so much like...like... I know her'
'I am dying, she said still clutching her stomach'
Henry was turned between taking his brother's wife to the hospital or walking to the green car to confirmed the person in it. Part of him was scared of what he would find. He found himself walking to the car but Maureen's painful scream brought him back to reality. He turned and went back.
Helen watched Henry drove away. She sighed in relieve. She had long stopped seeing Henry as her son, he was Anthony's son. Her son is Jake, her beloved Jake.
Damn the girl, Maureen. She had succeeded in refusing to die today. Maureen would die, it didn't matter if she were ready or not.

At the hospital, Maureen was rushed to the emergency unit and a very confused Henry was left at the hall way. After about five minutes, he retrieved his phone from his breast pocket and dialed Jake's number.
'Hello?', he heard his younger brother's voice.
'Jake, I'm afraid I've got bad news'
'Spill it'
'Its Maureen...'
'What about her?', Jake asked in a calmed tune but he couldn't hide his emotions from his elder brother. Henry heard the panic in his brother's voice.
'She is at the hospital'
'What in the hell is she doing there?'
Slowly, Henry explained to his brother what had happened. Twenty minutes later, Jake and Anthony rushed to the hospital. Jake couldn't sit down, he kept on walking around the hallway.
'Henry, maybe she isn't completely healed for us to make love, or maybe, the method of contraceptive we are using doesn't settle well with her, maybe, I....'
'Will you stop blaming yourself already?', Henry whispered to his brother. Both brothers had moved away from their father.
'But Henry, if I loose her, I will be finished'
two doctors appeared. Jake turned to them and they were confused who to talk with.
'Mr joseph?', thee doctor called Maureen's surname, hoping to find her husband among the three men but was surprised that all three men answered.
'Actually, I am Maureen's husband. these two are my brother and father', Jake said pointing at Anthony and Henry.
'Okay. Mr Joseph, I am doctor Ade. Can we talk in my office?'
'Oh my God, what is wrong with her? Please tell me I won't loose her?'
The good doctor saw the panic in three pair of eyes and decided to tell them his findings in the hallway.
'No. Your wife is very okay. In fact, after carrying out series of test on her, we discovered that she is very healthy. Since she was rushed down here, clutching her stomach and crying in pain, we were forced to scan her stomach. She is fine sir. Just that we would like to have her here for the night for close observation. By morning, she would be free to go'
'Doctor you don't understand, she is a nursing mother of two very young kids of just four months', Jake said desperately.
'In that case, I will discharge her later in the evening. Just bring her back if you notice anything unusual'
'Thank you Doctor Ade, can we see her?'
'Sure. Go to room ten, second floor'
He left and Henry was more confused. Could it be that Maureen made a fool of him? He thought of the woman he found them together, she looked just like his mother. No, Maureen didn't know his mother so that woman was not his mother.

She pretended to be asleep when she heard them came in. She couldn't let Henry know that she had made a fool at him. Jake, on seeing her lying in a hospital clothing couldn't hide his relieve, he rushed to her and kissed her lightly on the cheek.
'Maureen you can open your eyes now', Henry said a bit too calmly
'For god sake bro, she is sleeping. Allow her to have her rest', Jake chided
'I happened to be married longer than you. I know when a lady is trying to pretend and Linda had done these tricks on my countless times'
'Will you please allow the girl to sleep?', Anthony told the girl.
'I know your problem', Henry told his brother and father. 'Your problem is that, you are blinded by your love for her and you allowed her to wrap you both around her little fingers. I will not be a party to such nonsense'
'How can you be so heartless over her?', Anthony asked.
'Say whatever you want father. But I will wait for Maureen to tell me what she was doing with mother in front of Victoria's school'
'What?',Anthony and Jake asked
'I am not a kid, neither am I stupid. I know what I saw'
'You spoke to Helen?', Anthony asked his son
'She ran away before I could get there'
Jake felt betrayed and weak. His face was devoid of emotions as he stared at her. Slowly, he went to the bed and kissed her lips passionately. Her eyes flew opened and he said,
'Tell me Henry was wrong. You didn't meet her'
'Jake, I...I...'
'You promised me Maureen'
'It was a coincidence'
'I don't believe in that. You risked to your life to meet her simply because we had a misunderstanding?'
'I wanted to meet her Jake. I couldn't just do anything'
'What in the hell are you two talking about?', Henry asked?
Jake thought of what his mother would do to Maureen and almost fell. He looked at her and stormed away from the room.
'No, jake, no', Maureen shouted.
'Let him be', Anthony said
'You don't understand. If he leaves, he won't come back in months, possibly years. Please go after him'
She didn't wait, she scrambled to her feet but was held down by Henry. Maureen burst into tears. If Helen had her hands on Jake again, then it would be over. Slowly, she began begging Anthony and Henry to go after him, when they wouldn't, Maureen became really ill. The horror of what Helen would do to him wouldn't let her be. She jumped and then. She managed to free herself from Henry's grip and ran as fast as she could out of the room and then the hospital, very barefooted.
When she couldn't see Jake, she almost ran mad. She felt pain in her arms, looked down at herself and saw blood trickling down her body.

9 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Adegokedamisky(f): 9:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Dis Maureen ehen mtcch! Tanks for the update ma'am Tiffany wink

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Shakyroh320(f): 10:42am On Aug 12, 2016
Wlcm bak dear,d Lord is ur strength

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by princessadeola(f): 11:33am On Aug 12, 2016
trouble on d way.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Donpeteranking(m): 11:53am On Aug 12, 2016
I think i would have to ask proffesor patrick if he has another word for best of the best in his list of vocabularies
because thats what this story is the best of the best. hope you are okay now and less i hope you are back for good,cause the suspense is killing,thanks for the update.
still reamain i your faithful follower.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by callmeomotee33(f): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2016
[color=#000099][/color] am happy u are back now ...and I also thank God for ur life and for his grace up on ur life may his name be praise for ever....welcome back dear

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by winningbt: 1:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good to have you back Tiffanyj, and I pray God won't stop doing wonders in our lifes and yours too

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by stunningjudy(f): 1:56pm On Aug 12, 2016
grin welcome back

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by udison(m): 3:35pm On Aug 12, 2016
Helen.......... *Terror*

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Paradise163(f): 3:37pm On Aug 12, 2016
Thank you TiffanyJ for updating once again. We all missed you here. Glad that you are back. I believe you're strong now and recovered from what you were going through? Welcome back once again

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 3:52pm On Aug 12, 2016
Madam tiff u r highly welcome

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Temtopy(f): 10:38pm On Aug 12, 2016
thank you so much for updating

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Julietogbo(f): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]Tiffanyj is Bae love u to the moon n bck (no homo).I stand for ur bck like iroko tree kisses

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Jumizie13(f): 8:55am On Aug 15, 2016
Gbagaun Gbagaun Gbagaun Gbagaun break issss overrrrrrr.

Welcome back Dear

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 7:55pm On Aug 15, 2016
Maureen frantically began running around the hospital premises,not caring in the world that she might actually look like a lunatic to people around, or the fact that her right arm was becoming almost to heavy for her. She heard Henry shouting her name but she didn't care. She only knew that she wouldn't survive it if Helen had Jake at her mercy again.
She turned left to the back of a building and saw Jake, his back at her leaning on a wall. A tear ran down her cheeks. Tear of joy at seeing him alive and well. She quickly but quietly ran to him just as he heard her coming and turned, she was already in his arms, sobbing and telling him how much she loved.
Jake was too angry that she met his mother behind his back but surprisingly, feeling her in his arms suddenly quenched whatever he felt. He kissed her ear and hugged her more tightly to himself. That was when he felt his shirt getting wet around his bosom. surely, that couldn't be Maureen's tears. He pulled away from her stared in disbelieve at the blood on both their shirts.
'Good God what in the hell happened to you?'
'I don't know Jake she said and began slowly falling. Henry appeared and with Jake's help, they held her.
Both Henry and Jake were surprised at the amount of blood. Without thinking, Henry ripped open her shirt,bearing her white bra that had now turned red at the right hand side.
'Oh my God, Jake, she had been shot'
'What?'
Maureen was too weak. Henry picked her up and and began running back into the hospital with Jake at his heels. They met Anthony at the entrance. Seeing the confused look on his son's face he asked.
'What is it Jake?'
'She had been shot'
'Shot? How? She was okay, five minutes ago'
Jake didn't have time to be interrogated by his father. He ran past him to Henry. Anthony followed suit. Another five minutes later, five minutes of Henry and Anthony shouting and threatening the doctors to do something about it.
'But sir, the police need to...', a nurse said
'Damn the police. Do you know who I am? If anything happens to my daughter-in-law, I will sue this hospital'
'Sir, it is the standard...'
After five minutes of threat, Maureen, who had lost consciousness because of the amount of blood she lost was rushed into the Emergency room for surgery.
'I don't understand,what just happened?'
'I can't say too. She left in search of Jake,I waited one minute to go after her. And when she found jake, she was already shot and had lost enough blood', Henry added.
'I don't understand. One minute she was hugging me and crying I thought she was sorry for meeting mother behind my back when I felt wet on my shirt. She was crying for the pain in her arms and I didn't know', Jake wailed.
'We had better called the police', Anthony said.
'No, please don't call a police', Jake quickly shouted.
'Why?', his father and brother asked
'The people that shot her were after me, not her. If you call the police, it will bring forth so many secrets we can't let out'
'Young man, are you in trouble?', his father asked
'Yes'
'Who is after you. It now explains why you returned and stayed this long. Someone is after you. how could you? How could you endanger us, our wives and kids? You endanger even Maureen and the kids', Henry attacked his brother
'I didn't endanger you Henry, nor linda nor your kids. I am only guilty of endangering Maureen, Victoria and the boys'
'Who is after you?',Anthony asked
'I can't tell you. Just don't insist'
Henry was too angry to argue with his brother at the hospital. He shrugged. They would finish this discussion at home.
'Call Joel, he needs to know that his sister had been shot'
Jake did not argue, he beeped Joel and informed him on the state of affairs.
'What do you mean shot? By whom?'
'Its not that serious. She would survive, she was only shot on her arm'
'I'm on my way'
Ten minutes later, Joel was at the hospital with Mich. They were waiting in the hall when the doctor came. He told them she is fine but they couldn't talk to her till the next day. They could only watch her for a few minutes.
Once in her room,Jake rushed to her and kissed her forehead. They all watched her sleep for about five minutes before being ushered out of the room by a nurse.
'Can someone tell me what happened to my sister?', Joel asked
'She was shot', Jake responded
'By whom?'
There was silence in the hall. Two men came to them with and introduced themselves as police officers. They were called by the hospital authority to investigate their case.
'Can we see your identity cards?', Henry asked.
Jake wasn't listening. He simply kept walking around, wandering what he had to do to keep Maureen Safe. He heard Henry explained to the policemen what had happened.
'I think it is a stray bullet',Henry insisted.
'What made you say that?', the plump policeman that introduced himself as Chris asked
'Maureen is such a sweet woman. As far as I can tell, she has no enemies', Jake heard Henry saying.
the policemen wrote on their pad and left, promising to return the following day. When it was time for them to return home, Anthony cornered Henry and coerced him into spending the night with Maureen.
'Why me?'
'If you don't, your brother would want to and you know that won't do. If some men are after him, this would be their opportunity to strike'
'But father, Linda and the kids...'
'Jake is your kid brother. Linda is family and so is Jake. Its just for tonight. By tomorrow, she would be moved back home'
'Why can't her brother stay with her?'
'She married into our family Henry. She is now our responsibility, not his'
'Okay, I will'
When it was time to go, Henry urged Jake to go and take care of Victoria and the twins.
'What about Linda?', Jake asked.
'She would be fine. At least the kids are bigger than yours'
'What if she wants to pee in the middle of the night'
Henry let out a loud laugh. 'Of course I would call a nurse to see to her or do you want me to?', he asked his brother tensely.
Jake poked Henry on his stomach.
'Don't you dare'
They all departed, except for Henry who stayed behind to guide his sister-in-law. She had a very painful slumber.
At 2am the next day, Helen, in a nurse uniform peeped into the room and saw her son, curled up on a launch sofa, sleeping.
She cursed. Why didn't Jake spent the night with the girl? Henry, of all people. Slowly, Helen walked out of the hospital and into her car. She wouldn't miss, a second time.

When Maureen opened her eyes that morning, at 6am, she found Jake and Anthony already in the room. She smiled at Jake and then greeted Anthony.
'How are my kids?', she asked.
'All in good condition. Evan and Ethan are making do with cow milk for now. They don't like it', Jake informed her
Maureen wasn't comfortable. She was in pains yea but her bosom are full and very sore. If she didn't bosom feed them this morning, she would be in pains. She was shameless, but this is not something she wished to say in front of Henry or Anthony.
'Maureen, did you see who shot at you?'
'Actually, I didn't even know I was shot. I was frantically searching for Jake. I only remember feeling pain'
'Are you Hungry?', Anthony asked.
'Very'
'I asked cook to pack breakfast for you and Henry'
She was helped up. She sat up and Jake fed her oatmeal. Henry turned it down. They all watched her eat. When she was through, she said a bit too slowly.
'I really need to use the rest room'
Henry realized for the first time that Maureen was shy. Her arms were neatly placed in a sling and soon, her bandages would be changed.
'Let me help you', Jake said
'No'
'Sweetheart, I can...'
'Jake, I need a woman like me'
'You are my wife'
Two minutes later, two nurses carefully helped her into the rest room and returned her back to her husband, and her bed.
'So now Maureen? Who is after Jake?', Anthony asked
Maureen chewed on her bottom lip, turned to Jake so as to find out if she could spill the beans. He shook his head at her, telling her 'no' in a silent way
'I really don't know'
'Liar', Henry said. I saw him made a gesture at you.
'Well, I won't say a thing. If you both don't mind, can I have a few minutes alone with my husband?'
'Of course we do mind. You two will get no privacy from me unless you spill the secret you are hiding', Henry retorted angrily
'What do you want to talk about?'
'Nothing', she said close to tears.
'Henry, father, can you both excuse Maureen and I?'
Anthony left. Henry refused to. He sat back and stretched his leg. He made a mental note to give Linda and the kids a call as soon as he could.
'Henry please', Maureen pleaded
'I thought you said you are shameless?'
Maureen shrugged.
'Jake if I don't bosom feed the boys I will die. I am so sore right now'
'What do you mean?'
Henry, who had father three kids and available to see it all happened to his last two understood what she meant. Slowly, he explained to his brother that Maureen was carrying excess milk that the boys ought to consume.
'You have two choices'
'What?', Jake asked
'She could pressed out as much milk as she could into a feeding bottle for the kids. Linda did that for Miracle when she began work and couldn't take him with her'
'The second option?', Jake asked
'You could drive home and bring the kids here for her to bosom feed'
Maureen and Jake stared. Finally, because Maureen didn't have a hand to carry out the first option, Jake placed a call home and instructed their father's driver to drive the nanny and the kids to the hospital.
Thirty minutes after the phone call, Maureen was beside herself with joy at seeing her boys. The kids on seeing her leapt with joy. She silently thanked God that her doctor had permitted her to bosom feed.
'One at a time, mrs Joseph. We don't want you to reopen your wound do we?'
'Of course not,Doctor', she replied.
The nanny wheeled them closer to their mother. Maureen laughed at Evan burst into tears. She couldn't pick him, neither could she bosom feed with Henry present.
'So old chap, you really don't want to sit and watch her do you?', Jake told his brother.
'No'
'Good, then can you excuse us?'
'If I refused?'
'You wouldn't'
Henry needed to call Linda anyway. He slowly stood up, looked down at his rumpled clothes and walked out of the room.
'Now, you, out', Jake told the nanny.
'Seriously, Jake, I need her to help me'
Jake braced himself. I am your husband and the father of the kids I will help'
'Can you really do it?', she asked
'Don't underestimate me'
The nanny turned to leave and Jake told her to let non of the family members in.
'I don't want anyone walking in on my wife'
'Yes sir', she said and fled the room.
She wasn't wearing a bra, slowly, he helped her unbuttons her shirt and then picked Evan and gently placed him in her arms.
'Ouch', she said when the boy kicked her arm
'You are not up to this, we can go for option one'
'I am'
It took very long but the deeds were done, leaving her aching all over. Jake was helping her into her clothes when the door opened and the nurses came to change her bandage. Jake and the kids went out. He handled them to their nanny to take home. He wasn't surprised when the policemen returned to the hospital.
The doctors refused to let them talk with the victim. She was already too tired and needed her rest.
They agreed to wait for her. By 3pm,the doctors allowed her visitors inside. She was popped on on her pillows when they came. Henry and Jake were with her. Each seated on both sides of the bed.
'Ma'am, I am chris and my colleague is Emeka'
'Okay',she answered the plump one in his late thirties who seemed to be the one doing the talk.
'We are policemen, here to investigate what had happened to you'
'Okay'
'Did you get a look at your shooter?'
'No'
'Why not?'
'I...I upset my husband and he angrily left so I had to look for him and apologize. I didn't even know I was shot. I just remember feeling pain in my arm'
'Why were you scared that he left?'
Maureen shrugged.'Everyone knows that he left me, three times, without looking back. But what all of them don't know is that I love him, unconditionally and he loves me too', Maureen looked at Jake with smiles. He couldn't resist kissing her forehead.
'Em mrs Joseph, who would want you dead?'
'Me? Goodness Jake, tell this people here that I am such a sweet woman. I have only one friend, Kemi. I hardly go out except to visit families. My life revolves around my family. I don't have time making enemies'
'Mrs Joseph, your brother-in-law seemed to think it was a stray bullet that got to you'
'Of course it is. Who would want me dead?'
'Mrs Joseph, your husband is...?'
'I am tired. Come back tomorrow'
Henry almost laughed at the way Maureen dismissed the guys. Once they left, he turned to them
'Now care to tell me what you are are bidding?'
'Nope', jake said
'Jake, we have to tell him. He is your brother'
'Don't'
'Henry, your mother either shot me herself or sent someone to shoot me'
Henry didn't hear right.
'What did you say?'
The door opened and Anthony strolled in. Maureen would be transported back home. This talk would have to wait. Jake looked at the wife who had betrayed him
'I am really sorry jake. Its for the best'
'I shouldn't have come back here', he said

6 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by kerr9(f): 8:10pm On Aug 15, 2016
FTC.let me go and read the stori

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by aprilwise(m): 8:20pm On Aug 15, 2016
why is Jake hiding things from his family? now Maureen has split the beans what Jake gonna do nd the fate of his mother. I appreciate u for this masterpiece. Mecci.

3 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by callmeomotee33(f): 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
Uhmmm is God that safe jake ooo..assuming he stay with his wife at the hospital then his mum would av kidnappe him again ....

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Kaycee625(m): 12:14am On Aug 18, 2016
Jake the coward, always running
And can't even tell his family the problem so that they can help him, am starting to dislike his character

3 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by okeoghene4real(f): 12:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Jake thought by keeping silent he will be able to keep his wife and kids safe but he was so wrong.

Enjoying this story like kilode Tiffanyj

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo / When Love Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.