Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,817 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. - Literature (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. (397257 Views)

Please Break My Heart (romance Thriller) / She Slept In The Kitchen And Won My Heart - Chukwuba Chiluba / Stole My Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (60) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:00pm On Feb 25, 2017
princessadeola:
Welcome back ma'am. Really missed U. More wisdom and Grace for U. Your strength is Renewed in Jesus Name.
Amen. Thanks for reading
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:01pm On Feb 25, 2017
kannyluv:
u just made my Sunday. Thank u
Ou are welcome
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:03pm On Feb 25, 2017
iomoge2:

I am good o.
I lifted a stuff from whatsapp n dropped on my dairy without stating d source so i was banned 4 plagarism.

That made me weak. Lol
Lol. So how is oe's health? Hope she is better now?
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:04pm On Feb 25, 2017
HelenBee:
Thanks Tiff...
You are welcome
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:06pm On Feb 25, 2017
heemah:
That was a long update. Thanks dear. How have u been ?
I've been good. Two days, my dear Heemah. Hope you are doing great?
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:07pm On Feb 25, 2017
flowerybabe:
thanks for d update, it's been a while....
Its really been a while. Lol, I am now fully back

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2017
estluv:
thanks for d update dear.
You are welcome ma
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 12:09pm On Feb 25, 2017
She managed it back to the room. Her food was taken away but she didn't care. By evening, Helen appeared with dinner and quietly went out. Maureen on her part took a spoonful of the macaroni and pushed back the plates. She gulped a bottled water and kept the remaining.
That night, she couldn't sleep. She dreamed of her mother begging her to save her from her father who wanted to get rid of her so as to be free to be with Helen. She woke up with perspiration. By morning, breakfast was brought to her by her father.
'I'm not hungry'
'You almost ate nothing last night. Look I made beacon for you'
'I am not hungry', she said a bit too calmly.
Her father looked seriously at her. She looked ill and in pain
'Are you ill?'
'No'
He went to her anyway and put his palms over her forehead. He sighed in relieve on realizing she wasn't running temperature.
'I don't understand, why don't you want to eat?'
She kept quiet.
'Is your arm hurting you?'
She looked at her father and then calmly pushed the food away. How couldn't he see that she is in pain. Emotional and psychological pain?
'You want to talk with Jake?' At that moment, he would had given her anything, so far its within his reach. His daughter just popped her head on the pillow and closed her eyes, in her desperation to shut down the pain engulfing her.
Philip thought his daughter was pulling that out to blackmail him into returning her husband. He walked out of the room and returned with Jake, who had just finished his breakfast. Jake took a good look at his wife and knew something was wrong.
'Sweetheart good morning', he said and kissed her cheek then sat on the bed.
Surprisingly, she kept her eyes shut. At that moment, all she wanted was for her father and husband to leave her alone.
'You didn't eat your food', her husband commented
'I am not hungry'
'Of course you should be'
'Jake, I miss my kids', she said slowly and then snapped her eyes opened
'I miss them too but then how can we escape this place if you refuse to eat?'
'I am not hungry'
'I hope she isn't pregnant?', Philip asked
'She isn't', her husband told him.
'Good'
'Don't you think its time you and Helen let us go?', Jake asked
'Not yet'
When it was obvious Maureen wouldn't eat her food, jake was shown out and a doctor was brought in. He examined her and turned to her father,
'She is as healthy as an ox'
'Then why is she not eating?'
'I don't know'
'Are you sure she isn't pregnant?'
'She is not. Didn't she tell you she had implantation?'
Then why is she not sleeping?'
'Probably depression'
The next day, Maureen already built a wall around her surrounding. She neither seemed to recognize anyone. Not even Jake. All she did was lie down and stare. She made no effort to eat or bath. Jake was beside himself was worry. Her father was so scared he called another doctor. He was told the same thing.
'Look Jake, maybe you should try make love to her. It may bring her back to us', Philip suggested in desperation
'And have you and Helen watch? No thank you'
'I promise you. No one is going to watch. Helen isn't home, she has gone to take care of some business and you have my word that I won't watch'
'You are not a man of honour Philip. You are a criminal'
'This is my daughter we are talking about'
'This is my wife we are talking about. Let us go home. Maybe seeing her kids will do something to bring her back'
'No'
'If anything happens to her, I will kill you and Helen', something in his tone made Philip believed he would carry out his threat.
Jake knew he had to try, he wouldn't just sit there. When Philip walked out, Jake went to the bed and kissed his wife. She didn't respond. He kissed her for another five minutes and then knew she was a lost cause. He left the bed, went downstairs and so Philip, watching the news. The door opened and in walked Helen
'What in the hell is he doing here?', she asked philip as she dropped her overnight bag.
Jake on seeing his mother, felt a deep hatred for her. Her rushed to her and pulled his hands around her neck.
'I will kill you'
It took two men to hold him. He was very angry and alarmed.
'If she dies, I will kill you both', he said as he was forcefully taken to his room
Two hours later, when he was calmed, the door to his room opened and his mother came in
'Next time you rise your hands to me like that, you will be sorry'
He said nothing to her. She looked at him and walked out. Lunch was brought to him but he lost appetite. He couldn't eat and he wasn't allowed to see Maureen again.
the following day, Philip made a decision.
'I am letting Jake and Maureen go'
'You can't do that'
'She is ill. I think she is ill emotionally. I have to let them go, for her own sake. At least I know Joel and Jake would take care of her'
'Are we not taking care of her?'
'In case you haven't noticed, she has lost consciousness and the doctor I invited suggested we take her to the hospital. Jake too had stopped eating'
'They are not kids. They are adults for crying out'
'And their lives are now at risk'
'Speak for yourself Philip. Anthony can keep Henry but Jake is mine and I intend keeping him. As for Maureen, we are about to invite Ola to come treat her'
'Ola? He is out of town'
'He isn't'
Ola was their personal doctor. He saw to their health and that of other criminals. He was good at his job but so very expensive but he also had one common thing with them, he is a criminal. He once worked at the Lagos state university teaching hospital and was fired when he performed an experiment on two patients. From then on, he became a criminal. He too wrote a will, faked his death and joined the world of criminals. He was wanted for a number of crimes, and he had always been elusive to the law.
'Call him', Philip told her
'Do not worry sweet. He is on his way here. You know the drills. Under no circumstance should you reveal to him that she is family'
'You think I am a fool?'
'No, but I know you get all emotional when it comes to Maureen'
Philip and Helen had made a decision to protect their family from their ways of life. By becoming criminals, they made powerful enemies and powerful friends and they wouldn't want to drag their family into a gang fight so they all agreed to change their names, their appearance and forever stay away from their loved ones. But this was easier said than done.
Ola was a small man of fifty. He was well known among his patients but few really knew his story. He had changed his name, bleached and had even left a mustache. Few could recognize him. He arrived and gave Helen a handshake. They were friends and she was among those he would save from any trouble.
'Good morning Jennifer', he greeted her
'Morning Ola. How is business?'
'Great. Is Philip ill?'
'I am not ill', Philip said from the door way.
The two men shook hands and all three sat on a couch
'So who am I treating?'
'A woman. We had her kidnapped and now, we wouldn't want to miss the ransom'
'it wasn't his duty to ask if the woman was rich and influential. His duty was work and money.
'How much is your cut?', Helen asked
Ola looked at Helen, 'let me go see what I am dealing with first'
Philip smartly remained seated while Helen led Ola to Maureen's room. Her lips were broken and she had emaciated. He observed her blood pressure, her temperature and then he turned to Maureen.
'When last had she eaten something?'
'Last Thursday'
'She will die if you leave her like this'
He placed her on a drip and left two for Helen to put for her once the one he had placed got finished.
Outside the room, philip was waiting. He tried to show no emotions when he asked Ola what was wrong with her.
'She is sick'
'With what?'
'She is not physically sick but emotionally and the thing is, she doesn't want to get healed'
'How would you know that?'
'She had refused to eat or drink'
'So what is your advise?'
'Unless you want her dead, hasten your ransom and return her to her family'
'Thank you'
'Who is she?', Ola wasn't suppose to ask but he couldn't help it.
'We won't tell you, you already know that don't you?', Helen told him
'Yes Jennifer. I am sorry for asking. My bill is #150000'
'We shall contact you'
He shook hands with Philip, hugged Helen and walked out. Deep down, he wanted to find out who that girl was. He had never asked but he asked today and his taste was not quenched.
'So?', Philip asked
'Take her back to her family', Helen agreed.
That evening, Maureen was dressed and put in the car. It wasn't until they went to call Jake that they found him bundled in bed. Suffering from fever.

A call came in through Joel hospital line. He was seated in his office and wondering when his father would return Maureen when the call came.
'Joel?'
Joel went cold. He knew that voice. That wasn't a voice he would forget in a hurry.
'Father?'
'I am waiting for you at the gate to your hospital. Come get your sister'
'Why should I believe you?'
'She is sick Joel'
Joel picked his car keys and ran outside the hospital. He was so alarmed he didn't even care if he was walking into a trap. Once at the gate, he saw a green car parked at the other side of the street. He crossed to the other side of the road and then halted. The door came opened and a man alighted from it. He stared at an older version of his father. The man was lean, still handsome and looked very fit. He knew instantly that Philip must really be working out.
Philip on his part stared hard at his son. He had always known that Joel was a strong man and he proved him right with his achievement. He didn't expect Joel to welcome him with open arms yet, the cold stare he got from his son hurt him too badly.
Where is Maureen?'
'In the car'
The door then opened and Jake came out and smiled at Joel. Joel smiled back at him and then opened the door to pick Maureen. She was lying down, almost lifeless.
'Is she dead?', he asked
'No'
'Jake help me remove her from the car', Joel said
'I can't Joel. I really can't'
'Why?'
'He is running a fever Joel. He isn't so very strong now'
Alone, he picked Maureen from the car, managed to carry her to his car with Jake following them. Once he deposited her in the car, he touched Jake's forehead and swore. The man was burning up.
'Get into the car Jake'
Jake managed to board the car and sat down while Joel drove, much to the surprise of the hospital guard. He hasn't seen Maureen for a few months, and she looked ill but why wasn't she taken to the hospital?
At the gate, he came face to face with his father again.
'If I see you anywhere near Maureen again, I will personally kill you', and then he drove away to Anthony Joseph's house

Henry was surprised when Joel had called him and told him to leave whatever he was doing and be in his father's home. He left his board meeting, picked his car keys and went out. At a street before his father's, he saw Joel's car moving a bit too fast. the car turned left and they were soon at Anthony's gate. The guard let them in and each alighted from his vehicle.
'What's wrong Joel?', Henry asked, on seeing the distress in his friend's face.
'Come'
Henry followed him to his car and gaped at the sight. He looked at his sleeping brother and sister-in-law.
'Where did you get them?'
'Philip brought them to the hospital'
'I don't understand, why are they both sleeping? Its just fourty-five minutes drive from your hospital to this place'
'They are not just sleeping Henry, they are both ill'
'But then how did...'
Henry wasn't allowed to finish his statement because his kids came running out of the house to welcome him. He quickly left the car and also came running towards them. He wouldn't risk them seeing Jake and Maureen like that. Soon, they were in his arms and he was hugging and patting them. Daisy greeted Joel and Miracle did same.
'How are you two kids doing?'
'We are fine, uncle Joel'
'Sweetheart where is Victoria?'
'She is in her mummy's room, sulking again'
Victoria had never been herself since she realized that her parents had deserted her. She was told they traveled but she kept insisting her mummy would never travel without her. Since the disappearance of her parents, three months ago, only her twin brothers and her grand dad seemed to have an effect on her. She was quiet, hurt and angry. All she did was draw, watch her brothers sleep and then lock herself in her mother's room
'She had both of her parent's characters', Linda had once pointed out
'Yes, she is as sensitive as Jake and as stubborn and carefree as Maureen', Mich had added.
She hardly ate, join in the fun and had stubbornly refused to have a lesson when Henry had brought one for her. Anthony had insisted she should be left alone, and she was. This little girl had more sense than her mates.
Henry sighed and they all walked back into the house. Linda was watching the news with Anthony. She went on her feet and kissed her husband when he came in. He didn't return the kiss but only looked agitated and she knew that something bad was happening.
'Linda why don't you send the kids upstairs for a nap?'
'We just had our nap daddy', Miracle said
'Can you two give us and your mummy time to talk?', Joel asked
'Talk about what?'
'Adults talk dear', Henry added
'I don't want to go'
But then, Linda had already called a passing maid and handed the kids to her. 'Take them upstairs and don't bring them out until we I say so'
The kids were ushered to their rooms. Anthony turned to Henry expectedly, 'you found a new lead?'
'Where is Victoria?'
'In her mother's room'
Tell a maid to take her to her room until I say otherwise'
A maid was called and the instruction given. Henry explained all that Joel had told him.
'Where are they now?'
'In the car. I can't take them to the hospital, its not safe plus we want the press out of this', Joel added
'I need to see them'
They all went to the car and Henry picked Maureen up to a spare room. After which, Henry and Joel picked Jake, who was delirious to Maureen's room.
Once in the room, Linda got rid of Maureen's clothes with a scissors, while the men waited outside.
'Any scars? Wound? Anything?'Anthony asked
'No. She is fine'
Then why is she unconscious?'
'I don't know. Someone needs to call Shan'
Leaving Maureen's door, Joel called Shan, who was doing her National youth service Corp in his hospital
'Shan?'
'Yes uncle Joel'
'I want you in Anthony's house. Come with your medical equipment. All that you can carry'
'Okay sir'
Jordan was called by Henry and he too said he was on his way. By the time they entered Jake's room, he was sweating profusely. He was so restless and talking in his sleep.
Linda was told to leave the room and Henry ripped of all of his clothes.
'Its just fever I think', Joel said
Henry wiped him dry with clothes. In ten minutes he was almost cold to touch.
'Linda went back to check on Maureen. She was still lying, lifeless. Shan arrived, thirty minutes later with all she called. She was tall, slim and dark. Everyone knew she was the pride of Jordan.
'She was ushered into the room and she began examining Maureen. She called Joel for help and together, try to figure out what was wrong with her. When they found nothing, a sample of her blood was taken and Joel took it back for a test at the hospital. While Shan checked on Jake who was helped into a trouser by Henry.
'Its just fever', she said and prescribed drugs for Henry to get for him. Henry was going out while Jordan's car was coming in. He briefing explained things to his friend and Mich began crying.
'Why are you crying?'
'Poor Maureen', was all she could say.
In the house, the women went to check on Maureen and were surprised at the sight before them. A few minutes later, Henry returned with drugs, drips and many more.

When the test result found nothing wrong with Maureen, Joel called them and told them to bring her back to the hospital for proper diagnosis. In another hour, she was dressed and transported to the hospital where all sort of test was run on her lab scientist. Her urine was tested, blood, upper and lower endoscopy was carried out on her. Her heart, liver was scanned and nothing was found. Even her doctors were confused. After two days, they've ran out of options. She got admitted and placed on a drip.
'I don't understand, then what in the hell is wrong with her?'
'Haven't you all notice? She had given up on life, she doesn't want to live anymore', her brother declared.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by harunablezin(f): 1:23pm On Feb 25, 2017
waoh!!!!!! fenks alot mam TIFFANYYYYYY

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by kannyluv(f): 1:28pm On Feb 25, 2017
crying things activated........someone should lure me to sleep to avoid headache after crying......maureen even in ur weakness God is your strenght. Please be strong for your children and husband

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Nmaglit: 4:10pm On Feb 25, 2017
thanks Tiffanyj u r the best

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by grachikiss: 5:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
pls where can I get d complete story of reluctant bride
@ Tiffanyj.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 5:30pm On Feb 25, 2017
grachikiss:
pls where can I get d complete story of reluctant bride
@ Tiffanyj.
Sorry, I remove it and only sell the pdf copies to selected people.
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by grachikiss: 5:35pm On Feb 25, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Sorry, I remove it and only sell the pdf copies to selected people.
pls can u sell it to me
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 6:27pm On Feb 25, 2017
grachikiss:
pls can u sell it to me
Hope u won't take it personally, but I sell to only selected few. Three copies every month. And I have already sold out for this month
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by grachikiss: 6:45pm On Feb 25, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Hope u won't take it personally, but I sell to only selected few. Three copies every month. And I have already sold out for this month
what of next month and how much do u sell it
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by iomoge2(f): 7:25am On Feb 26, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Lol. So how is oe's health? Hope she is better now?

Yes dear.
She is fully recovered.

Thanks much

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Gloryejims(f): 10:18am On Feb 26, 2017
[b]Great job Tiffany.... Been following right from the beginning that's the reluctant bride now to this,... Waiting for you to update... More inspiration to your thoughts.... Thanks

Please update early and get well Ohhh. Stay strong

Pardon me for not commenting earlier.... I'm new here.

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Chubbiehills(f): 3:31pm On Feb 26, 2017
welcome back maam

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Lolsd: 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2017
Totally forgot this story....wow!!! she is back

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by princessadeola(f): 1:44pm On Feb 27, 2017
Enjoying it......

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by arabaribiti(m): 3:34pm On Feb 27, 2017
My wiffy is fully back love you second wiffy

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by Chumzypinky(f): 7:15pm On Feb 27, 2017
Hmm. I just dont know what to say about this story anymore. Speechless

1 Like

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by rachealfst(f): 8:11pm On Feb 27, 2017
TiffanyJ:

I am glad you want to write. If I tell you the story about how I started writing, you will be surprise. Writing needs decation, time and patience. Let me know if your work is ready. All the best dear
Thank you ma, I have two already on nairaland.
Wrong Number
I fell in love.

2 Likes

Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 3:37pm On Feb 28, 2017
grachikiss:
what of next month and how much do u sell it
Send me an email. Ayanicomfortambrose@gmail.com
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by sexy377: 8:11am On Mar 01, 2017
i'm speechless dats how d story makes me feel oliva twist in d rum o anty tiff feed me more
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by KAssybabe(f): 1:13pm On Mar 01, 2017
Spéèchless
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by harunablezin(f): 7:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
mine aunty pls,wen is d next update? abeg.....waiting
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by grachikiss: 9:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
TiffanyJ:

Send me an email. Ayanicomfortambrose@gmail.com
I have sent u the email. thank
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by TiffanyJ(f): 5:15pm On Mar 02, 2017
grachikiss:
I have sent u the email. thank
Sorry dear, I haven't received any mail from you. Maybe you should resend it
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by arabaribiti(m): 11:45am On Mar 05, 2017
My love how far with updates
Re: Captor Of My Heart: The Tamers. by LilySopi(f): 12:10pm On Mar 08, 2017
Aunty Tiff, patiently waiting for an update..

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (60) (Reply)

Meant To Be / When Love Speaks / ANIKE : A Story By Toyin Taiwo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.