Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,648 members, 7,813,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:20 AM

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister (39926 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Makes U-turn, Appeals For Patience / Kachikwu Secures Full Oil Minister Status, Roles As Northern Cabal Kicks Against / Fayose Behind Fuel Scarcity, APC Alleges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by softvio(m): 8:50am On Mar 28, 2016
lastpage:

I wonder why Nigeria is so blessed with "educated illiterates" like you?

If at your age (I take it that you are not under 10yrs of age), you dont know the difference between a "SUPERVISING MINISTER" (which the President doubles as) ...... and an "EXECUTIVE MINISTER" (which is Kachukwu), shows that a lot of money has been wasted educating you.

Buhari as President and Supervising Minister is to enable whoever is the Petroleum Minister-substantive, achieve whatever project/vision he has for the Ministry, without the bottle-neck of bureaucracy at having the "President's ears".

If you were born by then, let me recall a similar situation in the late 80's when Comm. Aihomu was the Vice President under Buhari and doubled as the defacto Minister for Football such that the Coach of the National Team back then, Clemens Westerhof could easily walk up to him and demand DIRECTLY (with immediate attention and results), what his team (The Super Eagles) needed, to succeed!
Needless to say, Nigeria reached the World Cup under such circumstances, for the first time.

But does that exonerate the Coach, Clemens Westerhof, if he still fails in his responsibility, despite such "support" from the highest level?
Absolutely "No"!

So, asking President Buhari to resign or "taking him out" on such level is utterly foolish and shows that most of you despite being #Wailers, are glorified illiterates who dont know your left from your right.

I will suggest people like you study properly first, to Pass Jamb first, instead of making a nuisance on Social Media.

Tosh! angry angry

Lastpage!

sir, last time i checked, PMB was/is the Petroleum Minister and Kachikwu, Minister of state for Petroleum. Talking about supervising and kekerike doesn't stop the masses from calling on the MPR to resign. Its only sycophantic hypocrits that dogde the obvious just to please their zombiesm

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by softvio(m): 8:53am On Mar 28, 2016
Negodu

Deen77:

What is your point, they call him to other, he talk carelessly actually it's should be internal. But let him respect we Nigeria, mind the way he speaks.

this set of people runs into their shells when PMB called nigerians "Criminals"

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Nobody: 9:02am On Mar 28, 2016
VillageParrot:
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has asked the Minister of Petroleum Resources, Emmanuel Ibe Kachikwu, to honourably resign his position from President Muhammadu Buhari’s led government if he is not capable of doing his part by efficiently running the Ministry assigned to him and providing workable solution to the current fuel scarcity in the country.

Meanwhile, the party is silent on what it expects of President Muhammadu Buhari who himself is the Minister of Petroleum.

The party also said it is high time Kachikwu climb down from “his high horse to face squarely the duties required of him by his office, as responsibility to the people is one of the cardinal points of the APC which he professes membership.”

In a statement signed by the APC national vice chairman, South-south, Prince Hilliard Eta, the party alleged that “Kachikwu has not entirely cast off the orientation of the Peoples Democratic Party where he was”, adding that such is still manifesting in his actions and utterances such as the recent one that attracted opprobrium from many Nigerians.

“In the light of the foregoing, Mr. Kachikwu must not be a cog in the wheel of progress and he should do the needful by resigning honourably if he is not capable of doing his part by efficiently running the Ministry assigned to him”.

While denying that there was major rift in the party, APC said: “It is important to reiterate here that winning the federal election in 2015 has not eroded the core ideology of progressivism which we espouse as it is the very foundation on which the party rest.

“This progressive ideology strongly emphasises government as a tool for service to the people who are the custodians of power in the first instance. In line with this, it is not wrong or out of place for Tinubu to call the Minister of State for petroleum, Mr. Ibe Kachikwu to order owing to the anti-progressive statements he made in the Presidential Villa on Wednesday 23 March 2016 while fielding questions from Journalists on the persisting scarcity of petrol.

Read more: http://www.signalng.com/fuel-scarcity-apc-asks-kachikwu-resign-silent-buhari/
I'm surprised that some people are surprised that the Petroleum minister is not mentioned and his VICE minister is being crucified. We forget so soon. To understand the happenstances of our time, we need to be good students of history. APC has turned to a Northern party and the Fulani northerner must be protected.
After Buhari's coup in 1984 with 'corruption' given as excuse, EXECUTIVE President Shagari was placed under house arrest-never tried, while 'ordinary' Vice-President Alex Ekuweme was thrown into the harshest part of kirikiri prison.
I'm sure you can now understand it. Kachikwu is an Ibo man. QED.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by mountainvolcano: 9:03am On Mar 28, 2016
Academic intelligence does not translate to on-the-job capability. Ibe should go peacefully. Among the two heavy job functions of GMD NNPC and Minister for state Petroleum which one can he do better?

Nigerian populace are subjected to untold hardship because of incapability...not knowing what to do to salvage the country.

Buhari is the root cause of Nigerian pains and agony as he did not stay in the country to see our pains and agony... its all hear say or watched on the television like other nations of the world.
How can we endure this pain fuel scarcity till May 2016?

God we are reporting this matter to you, please take action on them.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Rayhutar(m): 9:44am On Mar 28, 2016
Gorodomu:
Kachikwu's statement is not only ridiculous but also insensitive and I think its in order for his party leadership to ask him to resign if d seat is too hot for him.Fuel scarcity is a product of inconsistent policy and incompetent management.The MPR has not only failed to make our refineries work,dy have also messed up d importation process.
Some Nigerians like their leaders to be lying to them and given them fake hope, that is why Nigeria is poo, in other part of the world, the politicians tell the masses the truth, if something go wrong, they will tell the masses how many months it will take to fix it. You guys are used to lying and liars giving you fake hope,why people continue to suffer, Sacking Kachukwu will not solve the problem because he told Nigerians the true situation of things, resignation of Barth Nnaji then, did not bring any improvement in the power sector

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by internetpirate: 9:57am On Mar 28, 2016
princejayboss:

Yeah bro... The problem of Nigeria is dangote and the northern oligarch.. I was sitting face to face with Barth Nnaji in his sitting room at Abuja when he took the call that lead his resignation... funny enough the media said another thing the next day..... Until Nigeria get rid of the old men in our system the best for us

What could have been the real reason for his resignation? I was truly proud of his efforts. Please inbox me if it's too confidential. I'm truly curious.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by NaijaEfcc: 9:59am On Mar 28, 2016
Smooyis:

What's is the problem with Tinubu here. I read through his response, and he spoke like a party leader that he is and a concerned statesman. I don't see anything wrong in anything he said as to warrant him being insulted here.

The fact that we do not like someone does not mean that everything he says is always wrong.

Just my opinion
Oga ur opinion is just full of hypocrisy and is an attempt to bend the truth and pretend you don't know the truth!! change ur ways my friend , during the end of last regime was the president not blamed for the fuel scarcity then? so how come the president and the minister of petroleum is now exempted from the blame? yeye dey smell angry

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Rayhutar(m): 10:23am On Mar 28, 2016
Why cant Nigerians call on Buhari to resign his position as Minister of petroleum and appoint an active person that will work with Kachukwu to make things better, some people keep calling on Kachukwu to resign while Buhari the minister of petroleum is doing nothing, is it not Hypocrisy at the highest level and cowardice

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by princejayboss: 10:46am On Mar 28, 2016
internetpirate:

What could have been the real reason for his resignation? I was truly proud of his efforts. Please inbox me if it's too confidential. I'm truly curious.

It's about the PHCN bidding process but direct me how to do the inbox thing and I will send that all when I wake up

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Smooyis(m): 11:04am On Mar 28, 2016
NaijaEfcc:
Oga ur opinion is just full of hypocrisy and is an attempt to bend the truth and pretend you don't know the truth!! change ur ways my friend , during the end of last regime was the president not blamed for the fuel scarcity then? so how come the president and the minister of petroleum is now exempted from the blame? yeye dey smell angry

Happy easter to you and your family first.

In all intent and purpose, I did not mean to defend the person of Tinubu but to explain having read his response to kachikwu's speech concerning fuel shortage in the country.

Tinubu never took a holistic swipe at the issue of fuel scarcity but condemned the manner of approach of the petroleum minister as a public minister who is in a position to douse the tension while assuring that efforts are being made to remedy the situation.

Personally I see nothing wrong with such correction and does not take anything away from the sagacity of kachikwu as a person.

People just like to politicise issues unnecessarily. As a party leader Tinubu has every right to put any of the ministers to correction from derailing from the ideals of the party founding fathers.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Gorodomu: 11:14am On Mar 28, 2016
softvio:

but you don't think PMB the MPR to resign? Traits of a hypocrite
So it was PMB that claims he needs magic to do his job?SMH for Nigerians and dr linear thinking.If you employ a staff and he tells u he is not a magician in d face of challenging deliverables wat wld u do?Anyway I dont blame U,it is a system dat has groomed pple so daft and uninformed dat dy ask so little frm dr leaders.Pple like Kachikwu knws dis and wld never say dis to his former employer.Come, do U even knw d reason for d present scarcity?Don't annoy me dis morg ooooooo!
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by softvio(m): 11:26am On Mar 28, 2016
Gorodomu:

So it was PMB that claims he needs magic to do his job?SMH for Nigerians and dr linear thinking.If you employ a staff and he tells u he is not a magician in d face of challenging deliverables wat wld u do?Anyway I dont blame U,it is a system dat has groomed pple so daft and uninformed dat dy ask so little frm dr leaders.Pple like Kachikwu knws dis and wld never say dis to his former employer.Come, do U even knw d reason for d present scarcity?Don't annoy me dis morg ooooooo!

hypocritical patriot, where were you and Tinubu when PMB called nigerians "criminals"? You must be smart to think you can't contradict your kool-aid drinking stands

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by caphone: 12:25pm On Mar 28, 2016
Trash!! BTW its by village parrot not city parrot sef
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Justinah4real(f): 1:21pm On Mar 28, 2016
wxyz1:
This man call Buhari pick up this job of minister of petroleum raising Nigerian hope that he is going there to clean up the mess. Little did Nigerian know that he going to enrich himself and destroy the system. I have said it before this man came with two agenda, to enrich himself and to revenge. He don't want to die as the poorest Nigeria president.
To enrich his family. Nigerian shuld be patient From 2wks to 3months. If this man has saved 2 trillion, from TSA, why is the common man suffering, and dying from severe heat and mosquitoes, while his family is galivanting around the world,in expensive hotels .
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Fess: 1:27pm On Mar 28, 2016
Lying lairs are having no more issues to lie about. Maybe Lie Mohammed is thinking. He must tell a lie today to save his job.

APC's time is running out. Nigerians are becoming increasingly restive and impatient with these ill-prepared strange bedfellows. Government of blame it on somebody else. They leave president Dullard of Duara and find a fall guy in the person of Kachukwu.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by franklynsunny(m): 1:28pm On Mar 28, 2016
Dis man is nt d major probs bt d ovaall head which we all know...he is tinkin like d same man dat ve a big farm in his home town running diesel n fuel b4 he bcam predci bt nw tink like bill gate....I don't care wat nigerians are facing....my decision is final....I jus wonder each time I read n watch him making statement?

Hw can river state b d dealiest state in Nigeria when Borno is on every 5mins news jus to mention a few?
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Justinah4real(f): 1:40pm On Mar 28, 2016
mountainvolcano:
Academic intelligence does not translate to on-the-job capability. Ibe should go peacefully. Among the two heavy job functions of GMD NNPC and Minister for state Petroleum which one can he do better?

Nigerian populace are subjected to untold hardship because of incapability...not knowing what to do to salvage the country.

Buhari is the root cause of Nigerian pains and agony as he did not stay in the country to see our pains and agony... its all hear say or watched on the television like other nations of the world.
How can we endure this pain fuel scarcity till May 2016?

God we are reporting this matter to you, please take action on them.
Lying liars.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Leke001: 1:48pm On Mar 28, 2016
hypocrites...
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by internetpirate: 6:04pm On Mar 28, 2016
princejayboss:

It's about the PHCN bidding process but direct me how to do the inbox thing and I will send that all when I wake up

Thanks! Sent you a generic mail.... You can reply via the mail address.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by princejayboss: 7:10pm On Mar 28, 2016
internetpirate:

Thanks! Sent you a generic mail.... You can reply via the mail address.

Ok bro

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by emydot(m): 7:30pm On Mar 28, 2016
Pedrop:

Is Kachukwu the petroleum minister ? Zombie

U left the number one man in that sector demanding that the number two man resigns. Ur comment can only be made by illiterates.
You've got no respect and I'm not an illiterate. Everyone knows that Kachikwu runs the petroleum ministry as the active person in charge of the ministry. Buhari only reserves all power and control in the ministry.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by Sctests: 7:49pm On Mar 28, 2016
The scales are gradually falling off from the eyes of nigerians.
Re: Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister by naija247: 9:08pm On Mar 28, 2016
This one way dem dey say make Kachikwu resign, na as minister, NNPC boss or both. Me no understand if na as minister, PMB way be the senior minister unko? I just want to know what will be done differently to ensure availability of fuel by May.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Woman Who Voted Last Week Invited To Vote Today By APC - PDP / #EndSARS: Most Businesses Looted & Destroyed In Lagos Were Owned By Igbos – Army / Boko Haram Kingpins Busted And Arrested By Soldiers In Borno State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.