Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,063 members, 7,810,963 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:36 PM

Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? (4775 Views)

Poll: Is It Genetic

Yes: 19% (13 votes)
No: 80% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

What Really Is The Cause Of Marital Infidelity??! / Why Is MARITAL RAPE Considered To Be A CRIME? / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Aicheron: 11:40am On Jul 27, 2009
Infidelity should in no way be blamed on genetics. Medically, a condition is genetic if its trait is carried in d DNA of d individual's gene ova generations. Its also qt difrnt wen d girl is a nymphomaniac in whc case she is a sex freak, 4wch i strongly bliv d girl shud not indulge in xtramarital affairs but shud wok out mr satisfactn 4rm her husband. So i tnk d ladies hv a problem wt dia morals &value system, or cud probably b unda a generatnal curse. I suggest d young man shud dig deeper &uproot d cause 2ru Prayers OR he should totally 4go d marriage. Dis is a lifeTIME union, not a Trial version!
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Witi(m): 11:50am On Jul 27, 2009
Infidelity or other vices in relationship are not genetic. If the history runs in a family then it is a matter of influence.
This issue applies to men too. What of guys whose grandfather, father and siblings have history of not taking care of there family and polygamy which is the root of all evil in Africa.
A Yoruba adage says the child will definitely sow his/her cloth with yarn made by the parents. "Owu ti iya gbon ni omo yio ran"
The home where someone is coming from is an important factor to be considered when choosing a spouse ONLY IF HE/SHE CAN PROOF HIMSELF/HERSELF beyond reasonable doubt that she is not influenced by the family history.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by ud4u: 12:04pm On Jul 27, 2009
Sometimes it happens like that but in some cases it does not, so the girl in question might be different.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by oluagness(m): 12:49pm On Jul 27, 2009
Hi, your friend have to be careful and prayerful. I new a woman in my town that do cheat on her husband, her younger sister does and her daughter is liken to dog. The question is, how did your friend gilfriend treated her last boy friend? If you are in any relationship of which you are not the first person to date your spouse, you need to know why she left her former boyfriend. It doesnt matter if you convince her with all your effort. If the lady past is wayward, let your friend quits but stay with prayer if her past is good
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by timmy7(m): 1:30pm On Jul 27, 2009
Genetics has not been able to explain some trend such as this situation,just like guys or ladies that bite their fingernail will tell u they got it from their mother and this is true in most case.
On a second thot the poster's scenario could be a negative life pattern that runs in d family which should be addressed b4 it gets to d next on d line-ur friend's girl in this case- so,his parents could be right u know.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by bituufg: 1:47pm On Jul 27, 2009
Medically and research wise, there is a lot of evidence to show that smoking is injurous to health. There is enough proof in the Scientific journals and institutions to prove that smoking is bad for humans. Buy sadly, this fact is overlooked by people because of the commercial expolitation by Cigrette companies. They thrive on the fact that people get hooked to this bad habit and take full advantage of unsuspecting people. Like you see in the movie, 'THANK YOU FOR SMOKING' it is just as bad in real like.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by eldee(m): 3:10pm On Jul 27, 2009
@topic
There might be an explanation in the fact that some biological characteristics like hormones might be passed down from generation to generation . . . but I think social and cultural upbringing will help explain any trends easily.

If you grow up in a family where everyone availabe role model disrespects marriage.
These values or the lack of em influence children and they end up like their parent.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Junee(f): 3:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
Can someone simply accept there cld be a good egg amongst several bad eggs
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Fhemmmy: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2009
I have no data to back it up, but i have the feelings that it is genetic.
Cos i have seen people that their father were chronic womanizers and the sons ends up that way.
Although, it might not be genetic, could be that they see the habit as being acceptable since their role model {father} was doing it.
But then, i ave seen kids that never even lived with the father and yet do same, so how do we explain those?
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nezan(m): 3:35pm On Jul 27, 2009
@ OP,

Are you asking this question for yourself or your supposed friend?? grin
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by canuck(m): 5:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
I couldn't agree with Oyinda more, Very well put!

Like the old management saying goes about modeling a behaviour, "People do what people see".
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by GEW: 6:04pm On Jul 27, 2009
wbb
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by kok(m): 7:13pm On Jul 27, 2009
Noooo, never! Its an habit that has to do with a person. Its just like saying smoking is hereditory which is not!
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by na2day2(m): 7:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
is going to church, praying genetic too? undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by rusky(m): 8:58pm On Jul 27, 2009
Look. this is the truth. she may say that she would never be like her sisters but who knows what can occur in the future. What if the guy travels for a long time or they have a long quarrell. I think the parents should be listened to. they have more insight than we do. so i suggest the guy looks for another lady.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sissy3(f): 9:16pm On Jul 27, 2009
infidelity is a choice not genetic. and even though it might hard for the parents to believe and accept that the girl might be different from her "cheating" sisters, she should be given the benefit of doubt and not be labeled as a future cheater just because of hers sisters are doing the same or so they thought. . .
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Fhemmmy: 9:33pm On Jul 27, 2009
rusky:

Look. this is the truth. she may say that she would never be like her sisters but who knows what can occur in the future. What if the guy travels for a long time or they have a long quarrell. I think the parents should be listened to. they have more insight than we do. so i suggest the guy looks for another lady.

ummmmmmm
that is serious oh
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sissy3(f): 9:42pm On Jul 27, 2009
rusky:

true no body knows what could happen. also what's the guarantee that, getting another lady means no cheating in the marriage, even when the hubby travels or they quarrel as you nicely put it?

parents might know better true, but they're using the sinners of her sisters to judge her, just because her sisters are cheating doesn't mean she's of no good/use. she could be the only reasonable one among her sisters

she should be given the benefit of doubt.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by na2day2(m): 10:50pm On Jul 27, 2009
~Sissy~:

infidelity is a choice not genetic. and even though it might hard for the parents to believe and accept that the girl might be different from her "cheating" sisters, she should be given the benefit of doubt and not be labeled as a future cheater just because of hers sisters are doing the same or so they thought. . .

where have u been, u just disappeared on me again, i am beginning to think it is a genetic problem in ur family angry angry angry
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2009
What a sorry excuse. Just tell the girl you don't like her.

But make I no lie, if na my son, I'd also be concerned about the girl's backgroud
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nezan(m): 9:59am On Jul 28, 2009
Parent's do all sort of things out of concern for they children
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by debomb: 2:54pm On Jul 28, 2009
True, we all should give someone the benefit of the doubt but this should be based on informed and satisfying reasoning's, whilst you cannot really observe someone's behaviour until you get married( even at that), its good you go back to the drawing board and not completely block your ears to your parents warning.Someone pointed out that social and cultural upbringing matters. she grew up with her senior sisters cheating on their husbands and justifying their reasons for doing so( who knows what else must have occurred in that same family). She might not be in agreement with them now but remember she might also not be completely cut off from them in the future. When they don't see anything wrong in cheating, they might encourage her one day to do the same. Think of the future and not just now.

To be frank, if i were a mother, i would not allow my son to marry in such family where there seem to be no sense of moral upbringing and Godly fear whether Genetic or not that's irrelevant anyway-a thief is never born a thief! they make them self one .
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by naso2(m): 5:03pm On Jul 28, 2009
warn your friend. Except on grounds where he has very very strong spiritual conviction about her, parents are almost always right on issues that bother on fidelity. QED
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Fhemmmy: 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2009
na_so:

warn your friend. Except on grounds where he has very very strong spiritual conviction about her, parents are almost always right on issues that bother on fidelity. QED

They are not always right, but could be mostly right.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by naso2(m): 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2009
Fhemmmy:

They are not always right, but could be mostly right.

I did not say they are always right. I said they are almost always right in matters that bother on fidelity.

"Wetin old man dey see when him sidon , small pickin no go see am even if him climb electric pole"
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Fhemmmy: 5:52pm On Jul 28, 2009
na_so:

I did not say they are always right. I said they are almost always right in matters that bother on fidelity.

"Wetin old man dey see when him sidon , small pickin no go see am even if him climb electric pole"

na true u talk jare.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by monron: 7:06pm On Jul 28, 2009
infidelity is a personal thing. sometimes the man is the cause whereas at some other times rhe woman is the reason behind it. you see, if ur man is not treating u right he's put u up for it ,in the same vane, if the woman is the over demanding type she has putten the man up for it. understanding is the life wire of every relationship. infidelity is never ever genetic, but it is always a product of marital disorders. if proper communication is in place and the bond is still strong then the question of infidelity is out. tell your friend his parents are not going to build his family with him.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by sley4life(m): 11:48pm On Jul 28, 2009
i dont think so
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sissy3(f): 5:41am On Jul 29, 2009
na2day?:

where have u been, u just disappeared on me again, i am beginning to think it is a genetic problem in ur family angry angry angry

haba! i miss u oo, howdy? kiss

have been really quite busy embarassed embarassed
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nobody: 5:48am On Jul 29, 2009
Sissy,
bawo ni?
I don miss you too o
How you dey? kiss
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by na2day2(m): 5:53am On Jul 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

haba! i miss u oo, howdy? kiss

have been really quite busy embarassed embarassed

alright but u cant keep leaving me cold like this, haba! anywayz, now that u r around what should we do to catch up with lost time wink wink wink
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sissy3(f): 6:22am On Jul 29, 2009
FL Gators:

Sissy,
bawo ni?
I don miss you too o
How you dey? kiss

longest time my dear!!!
hun, how body? kiss kiss
sis i miss you too sad sad sad
i dey fine oo, but na busyness dey cause am 4 all the wahala oo embarassed embarassed

na2day?:

alright but u cant keep leaving me cold like this, haba! anywayz, now that u r around what should we do to catch up with lost time   wink wink wink

u should take me to a fancy resturant, where ma legs wouldnt be touching the floor cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Must Tell Me Everything That's Going On In Your Marriage: Mother-in-law / See This Lady's View On Wife Beater Picture Inclusive / How Can I Do My Wedding With 500k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.