Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? (4776 Views)

Poll: Is It Genetic

Yes: 19% (13 votes)
No: 80% (55 votes)
This poll has ended

What Really Is The Cause Of Marital Infidelity??! / Why Is MARITAL RAPE Considered To Be A CRIME? / Marital Infidelity, Divorce, And The Untold Story Of Nigerians Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by na2day2(m): 8:59am On Jul 29, 2009
~Sissy~:

u should take me to a fancy resturant, where ma legs wouldnt be touching the floor cool cool

oya come make we trek go this special mamaput place like that, 404 dey menu grin grin grin grin
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nezan(m): 10:33am On Jul 29, 2009
monron:

infidelity is a personal thing. sometimes the man is the cause whereas at some other times rhe woman is the reason behind it. you see, if ur man is not treating u right he's put u up for it ,in the same vane, if the woman is the over demanding type she has putten the man up for it. understanding is the life wire of every relationship. infidelity is never ever genetic, but it is always a product of marital disorders. if proper communication is in place and the bond is still strong then the question of infidelity is out. tell your friend his parents are not going to build his family with him.
I think I'll agree with this
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by GEW: 10:41am On Jul 29, 2009
monron:

infidelity is a personal thing. sometimes the man is the cause whereas at some other times rhe woman is the reason behind it. you see, i[b]f ur man is not treating u right he's put u up for it ,in the same vane, if the woman is the over demanding type she has putten the man up for it. understanding is the life wire of every relationship. infidelity is never ever genetic, but it is always a product of marital disorders[/b]. if proper communication is in place and the bond is still strong then the question of infidelity is out. tell your friend his parents are not going to build his family with him.
so how do you explain people who are well looked after yet still find the need to be unfaithfull?

some people have the bad habit of sleeping around marriage has nothing to do with it.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by ennainot(f): 4:46pm On Jul 29, 2009
No marital Infidelity is not genetic. However,upbringing and family values are often shaped by our immediate family. Is Divorce genetic considering that most children from broken homes end up with broken marriages themselves? It is not nature,its mostly nurture.
Does the lady in question realise the odds against her and is she willing to be different.what are her own values like? Food for thought,
All the best to your friend.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by diehard1: 9:13am On Jul 30, 2009
infidelity does not runs in families.  Genetic? no way!! We behave the way we do based on what we have learnt or influence of other people around us. What of families that have one person that sleeps around when others don't.For me, this will not prevent me from marrying who i want to marry. It is even possible that the older sisters are not even cheating on their husbands. Even if they do, how does it concern the younger one oh. U know these parents, they might have some other wahala with the family and this is used as an excuse to kill de relationship grin grin grin.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 30, 2009
GEW:

so how do you explain people who are well looked after yet still find the need to be unfaithfull?

some people have the bad habit of sleeping around marriage has nothing to do with it.

to you and I they might seem "well looked after" but obviously they aint. also remember that there is very little need for a reason to cheat(for us men). if the opportunity is there, then some men will do it. well looked after or not.
infidelity is a subject that will have tongues talking for years to come but there is no cure for it. some men can DECIDE to not do it and other would rather take that risk.
and by the look of what type of women some guy get down with, i would say that as long as there is a pussy on the other side, some men wouldnt care how the women looks, how sexy she is or if she is his spouse sister,
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by N101: 11:50pm On Jul 30, 2009
Infidelity is not genetic. Like many things in life, is a choice.  Unfortunately this girl didn't get to choose her family, but she can choose to cheat.

The problem with coming from a polygamous family is that there is a degree of stability that children do not know, but that's no different from a monogamous family where one person is always cheating.

I assume that his family are perfect and there's no history of infidelity anywhere?
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by samparian(m): 12:15am On Aug 01, 2009
who knows?
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by corrall(f): 1:53am On Aug 01, 2009
all those peeps who said dat they shd beware of ladies from broken or polygamous homes, what abt if it is d man dat is from a polygamous home, n also have u also considered dat mayb some of those peeps from such homes want to live different lives from their parents?

@poster, where were his parents when this guy was dating dis chic for 4 years n stringing her along, now it is time 2 settle down with her, they realise dat her sisters are cheating on their hubbys, so no marriage undecided undecided undecided

majority of dis men talikng here cheat on their wives or gfs, what if it was decided dat no one will marry u cos d men in ur whole clan cheat, nobody wuld look at dat i bet, afterall ints normal, angry angry angry

finally, i am sure nobody will give me d answers to all this questions i have raised. undecided
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by ododo: 7:53am On Aug 01, 2009
I understand the feelings of the guy's parent. The guy is in a better position to know the kind of gal he is dating. if they have have gone out for four years, he should know the gal faithfulness a little better because during the four years, he must have caught the gal in the act or heard form a reliable source of the gal's infidelity. whatever the case, the guy should watch and pray for God to have the final say. our parents can somtimes be funny expecially when dey no send the person in question. smiley
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by bizideas2(m): 9:45pm On Aug 01, 2009
Hi,i believe there is nothing genetical
about infidelity it's all about the individual
everyone is responsible for his or her
actions. wink
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sonye(f): 10:31pm On Aug 01, 2009
He has dated her for 4 years. he should be telling his parents what he knows about her and not the parents telling him what they know about her sisters,
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by samparian(m): 4:02am On Aug 02, 2009
I feel you.
I asked him the same thing and he says the girl has been good to him and stood by him when he was broke and living in a boys quater.
my guy has told his parents all this and it seems the whole thing might cause division in his family.
Thats why he's scared.
He doesnt want family wahala.
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Nobody: 4:04am On Aug 02, 2009
all those peeps who said dat they shd beware of ladies from broken or polygamous homes, what abt if it is d man dat is from a polygamous home

great question!
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by corrall(f): 7:12am On Aug 02, 2009
I feel you.
I asked him the same thing and he says the girl has been good to him and stood by him when he was broke and living in a boys quater.
my guy has told his parents all this and it seems the whole thing might cause division in his family.
Thats why he's scared.
He doesnt want family wahala.

D parents are just trying to make things difficult for him, didnt they know about this situation? Methinks he just needs to take a stand for what what he wants, abi dem wan marry wife for am?
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by Sonye(f): 12:08pm On Aug 03, 2009
there is always a hiccup during the progress of something good to happen. he is going through a phase that he will eventually look back and laugh about it when all is sorted out
there is a possibility that she may likely cheat on him during marriage cos she has 2 sisters doing it and may be convinced about it, but as long as she did not do it through the years that they were together, he and the parents need to put that under consideration
good luck
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by sirt1(m): 2:09pm On Aug 03, 2009
@ All,

Having gone thru the responses, I think I av this to say.

If the lady in question is a genuine born again, the guy in question can go on with the relationship. However, if the reverse is the case, (I laugh in indian language), there is at least, 90% chance that she will cheat on her husband. I'm talking from experience. I have seen families that infidelity can be said to have become order of the day: no one to caution the other. Whenever the husband complaind, the mother-in-law will always defend her daughters. My brother, look before you leap. Marriage is forever, trial by error is not allowed. I want to believe that your parents see what affection will not allow you to see. Think twice!!!!
Re: Is Marital Infidelity Genetic? by samparian(m): 4:26am On Aug 04, 2009
Na wah o
to marry wife no easy. Its a scary situation
My friend says he's praying over it.

i wonder how it will be when i find the woman of my dreams.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

You Must Tell Me Everything That's Going On In Your Marriage: Mother-in-law / Stop That Strange Woman Before She Stops Your Marriage / See This Lady's View On Wife Beater Picture Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.