Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,395 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone - Career (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone (121711 Views)

Attention: Senior Engineers/ Supervisors/ Managers/ HR Reps / Offshore/subsea Engineering Software (orcaflex) Training / Download Free Petroleum Reservoir Simulation Software (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by amblessede: 7:04am On Mar 13, 2013
devmantic:

That will suffice. I had the same as well.
@ dev, pls can i make the motivation letter handwritten. Sorry, this should b the last question... hw easy hv u grabbed the german language? i believe the first payment of about 8000euros is for the first yr, hw do u survive in the second yr?
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Alcheringa(m): 11:17am On Mar 13, 2013
Hello every1 dis is reali a nice job going on here. Pls, i am a graduate of chemical engineering and presently doing my NYSC in akwa ibom nw. I hav an interest in drilling engineering.,& waz tinking of obtaining a marine mandatory course wit maritime academy, Oron in akwa ibom. just want to enquire frm d houz if it's a gud idea. Wher cn d certificate be applied. Thnx y'al!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 5:16pm On Mar 13, 2013
amblessede:
@ dev, pls can i make the motivation letter handwritten. Sorry, this should b the last question... hw easy hv u grabbed the german language? i believe the first payment of about 8000euros is for the first yr, hw do u survive in the second yr?

"can i make the motivation letter handwritten"
No... You should type it..

"hw easy hv u grabbed the german language?"
Well, i haven't taken the language learning serious but i will do that soon... It's learnable if u put your mind into it

"i believe the first payment of about 8000euros is for the first yr, hw do u survive in the second yr?"
you will have to get extra money for the second year... approximately another €8000 for the second year...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Alcheringa(m): 8:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Pls, i reali need guidance on d questions i askd above. Stil awaiting ur great contributions. Thnx
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by DonaldGenes(m): 11:28am On Mar 15, 2013
Hi folks,first i wanna say a very big thumps up for the op,wishing this kind of post should be on the FP.btw,i need a clear advice on where to do training on any of the most salient oil and gas field,money ain't the pron,just want to know which area will be best so that i can get a good job at once..plsss contact me on my BB 2A10394A..reason is to have a one on one chat to have a full grasp of the details at your earliest convenience...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by endeebasino: 5:03pm On Mar 18, 2013
Am a graduate of chemical engineering,among the grduates with a painful 2.2, 3.49 CGPA, currently working in a bank,but seriously seeking a way out of the bank to practice engineering in an oil and gas firm. Pple have adviced me to do MSc, while some said I should do some prefessional courses. I am presently doing mud engineering, I have a practical knowledge of Hysys and pdms. After mud engineering, am considering going for Nebosh certification In HsE. All this certification cost money, yet the oil and gas jobs are not comming forth. My question are:
1. should I let go of these certification programmes and face master, since most of this oil and gas firms insist on 2.1s.
2. Do theses multinationals discriminate nigerian msc as compared to foreign msc.
Please your advice is urgent.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Dpros(f): 8:13am On Mar 20, 2013
Dpros: Just in case you missed out on the last months training session on Piping/Plant Design, Process Design, Pipe Stress Analysis, Project Management or any of our soft skills training packages at Dpros Consults, the opportunity is here again!. Avail yourself the opportunity to acquire the skills to kick off your career development process with more skills/options to boost your profile in 2013.

Our training packages exposes you to practical engineering and gives you an edge over your colleagues in the oil and gas field.
Our training materials are very comprehensive and specifically tailored to give the trainee as practical understand of each package
Our instructors are professional engineers & consultants with practical experience in the divers engineering projects, design, simulation, analysis etc
We also offer one on one training options for each package with a very flexible time table very suitable for your busy schedules.

WHAT YOU WILL GAIN

-Proficient engineering skills in Design-simulation-modeling-analysis etc
-interactive and practical hands-on training sessions
-Free E-books and training manuals
-Free software installation
-Free refreshers class anytime after your training
-A Certificate on satisfactory completion of training

Some of our courses and programs include:

Plant Design Management System (PDMS) – Mechanical,Civil,Electrical,Process Engineers

Process Design and Simulation with Aspen hysys, PipeSim & PipePhase

Pipe Stress Analysis and Design with Caeser II

Instrumentation & Controls with SCADA, PLC & Etap

Structural Designs, Analysis and Modeling with StaadPro, Orion & CAD Rc

Project Management & planning with Primavera p6

Autocad 2D & 3D engineering designs,drafting and modeling

At Dpros consults, our mission is to help young engineers acquire and develop world class engineering skills to aid him/her maximize and utilize the full potentials of his/her career opportunities
For further enquiries and for training registration please contact us with the information below!

Dpros Global Resources Ltd
Suite B6b, 24Road Plaza, 24 Rd, Festac Town, Lagos.
Phone: +23480-37916993
+23470-52856858
Email : Info@dgr.com.ng
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by adegbitetunji(m): 1:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hi, does anyone know the time tu clausthal release admission offers??
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 5:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
adegbitetunji: Hi, does anyone know the time tu clausthal release admission offers??
It depends on the time of application. If you applied before the end of the first deadline (March 15) and emerged successful in your interview, u would get it around May (in soft copy) and probably June in hard copy.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by adegbitetunji(m): 3:03pm On Mar 22, 2013
Thank you chief...around what month is the interview and what should I expect with regards to the interview? Kindly note that I applied in January.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 11:54pm On Mar 22, 2013
adegbitetunji: Thank you chief...around what month is the interview and what should I expect with regards to the interview? Kindly note that I applied in January.
I really cannot remember precisely but I believe its in the month of march/april. For the interview, know why you want to study in TU Clauthal, Why Germany, Strength and Weaknesses, Some petroleum engineering basics like darcy's law, fundamental EOS e.t.c
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by adegbitetunji(m): 6:34pm On Mar 23, 2013
devmantic:
I really cannot remember precisely but I believe its in the month of march/april. For the interview, know why you want to study in TU Clauthal, Why Germany, Strength and Weaknesses, Some petroleum engineering basics like darcy's law, fundamental EOS e.t.c

Thank you for the tips sir...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by xyoung: 12:57pm On Mar 24, 2013
well never knew a forum like this exist
well better late than never
I am an assistant driller in one of the offshore drilling contractors
already concluded here: circulated bottoms up, cementing in 3plugs, cut 13 3/8" 13" and 9 5/8", pull out of hole casing assembly,mud engineer also doing his thing..
look ahead: flush BOP to remove cement, ni.pple down BOP and rack in the stump before the rig move
but i must say some company men make operation more difficult by introducing weird procedures here
i m out
Nobody get hurts and no spills

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by 27naira(m): 3:10pm On Mar 24, 2013
xyoung: well never knew a forum like this exist
already concluded here: circulated bottoms up, cementing in 3plugs, cut 13 3/8" 13" and 9 5/8", pull out of hole casing assembly,mud engineer also doing his thing..
look ahead: flush BOP to remove cement, ni.pple down BOP and rack in the stump before the rig move
but i must say some company men make operation more difficult by introducing weird procedures here
i m out

interesting... It seems weird from your own perspective, however you cannot blame them in the game of implementing best practices. I have my reservations toward some company men who seem not to have a "hands-on" experience on the rig prior to climbing up to the boss status, you know why? they hardly understand the sentiments of the rig crew. All they do is pass on the drilling program and sit on a jar of coffee.. smiley
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Rickywowoz: 7:46pm On Mar 24, 2013
Rickywowoz: Hey guys,i'm studying chemical engineering in unizik and my IT should start by march 2013 so i'm searching for an oil company to do the IT bt most places i went to the security men no even allow me enter the gate..i'm pleading with u guys to assist me in any way possible..thanks and u can reach me via nwokolo.obinna@yahoo.com
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by sugarlilz: 8:48am On Mar 25, 2013
Hi guys, been reading ur posts as usual and wanna thank u guyz 4 d info on d environmental enginerring post. Just wanna make an inquiry abt an oil n gas servicing coy AIR LIQUIDE, I've google dem tho, but I hvnt heard of dem in Nigeria.pls does any1 knw if its a gud coy,their packages n hw dey treat deir staff n if possible salary 4 entry level coz I'm working somewhere nw n I wanna demote myself 2 entry level but wanna knw if its worth it or it will be a big mstake, thanks guys!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by xyoung: 1:20am On Mar 26, 2013
Rig move about to commence here. Der was a setback earlier - d spudcan in d bowleg gat stuck 45ft below seabed. It was really a problem ejecting the rigleg. OIM had to contact the Bakerhughes pressure pumper to pump seawater down the rigleg, exactly 12hrs, d leg popped out.
We done here, workover next
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by xyoung: 1:22am On Mar 26, 2013
sugarlilz: Hi guys, been reading ur posts as usual and wanna thank u guyz 4 d info on d environmental enginerring post. Just wanna make an inquiry abt an oil n gas servicing coy AIR LIQUIDE, I've google dem tho, but I hvnt heard of dem in Nigeria.pls does any1 knw if its a gud coy,their packages n hw dey treat deir staff n if possible salary 4 entry level coz I'm working somewhere nw n I wanna demote myself 2 entry level but wanna knw if its worth it or it will be a big mstake, thanks guys!
Heard of Airliquide..think de r at Rivoc road, off transamadi..they deal on gas supply to the rig. Not sure how much they pay
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by 27naira(m): 4:49pm On Mar 26, 2013
xyoung: Rig move about to commence here. Der was a setback earlier - d spudcan in d bowleg gat stuck 45ft below seabed. It was really a problem ejecting the rigleg. OIM had to contact the Bakerhughes pressure pumper to pump seawater down the rigleg, exactly 12hrs, d leg popped out.
We done here, workover next
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Glaxx(m): 11:18am On Mar 28, 2013
I must say thank you Dr. for this thread. I just finished a diploma in drilling and mud engineering. Pls how do I go about getting a job on a rig? I do not have any working experience, but I'm willing to learn and work hard.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by stunningjudy(f): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2013
Dr Ferlie: I have decided to create a thread for drilling engineers and drilling supervisors ( company man ), so that we can share experience and best practices.

I am currently working on a BOD for a deepwater field development - drilling and completion.

Guys, come in and let's discuss.
. Dr Felie, ur post is cool. I'm a 400 level student of petroleum engineering. pls I'd luv u 2 help me wt project and seminar topics.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by 27naira(m): 6:34pm On Mar 30, 2013
stunningjudy: . Dr Felie, ur post is cool. I'm a 400 level student of petroleum engineering. pls I'd luv u 2 help me wt project and seminar topics.
stunningjudy: . Dr Felie, ur post is cool. I'm a 400 level student of petroleum engineering. pls I'd luv u 2 help me wt project and seminar topics.

This is preposterous! 400 level and you can't come up with a project / seminar topic?! what have you been learning in school all this while? Mr., read books and publications,then tweak you imagination alittle bit.
This isn't right at all...

1 Like

Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by stunningjudy(f): 8:47pm On Mar 30, 2013
27naira:

This is preposterous! 400 level and you can't come up with a project / seminar topic?! what have you been learning in school all this while? Mr., read books and publications,then tweak you imagination alittle bit.
This isn't right at all...
I nid mur ideas, not lik I have not cum up wt sumfn. Moreover, m jus tryn 2 work ahead of time. Don't condemn!
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Nobody: 10:20am On Apr 01, 2013
good day all. am a final year student studying petroleum engineering at petroleum training institute, effurun. i wish to go into full time drilling but i need experienced personnel to mentor me. i have always read writings in this section when every am on this site and i must say they are all encouraging and informative. i have gone through training in rig safety, well control, crude characterization and mud analysis, roustabout (in view) ...etc, but i feel i need experience as a prelude into the industry as most companies need experience persons to man their facilities. please am appealing to my seniors that are knowledgeable and experienced in drilling and completions operations, work-over operations and other related fields to please mentor me.
my email address: tomkenyblack@gmail.com

BBMpin: 25c5a4f6
thanks in anticipation ............God bless
xyoung: well never knew a forum like this exist
i m out
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by NatGas(m): 1:16pm On Apr 03, 2013
Glaxx: I must say thank you Dr. for this thread. I just finished a diploma in drilling and mud engineering. Pls how do I go about getting a job on a rig? I do not have any working experience, but I'm willing to learn and work hard.
Hello Glaxx, please could you tell me where you did this ur diploma in drilling and mud engineering- I mean the school. I cud be interested. Thank you.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by adegbitetunji(m): 3:25pm On Apr 09, 2013
devmantic:

Chief, I got a mail earlier today from TUC, notifying me that I won't get admission. I was wondering if you can suggest reputable institutions in the region offering the same course.

Thank you
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by 27naira(m): 7:03pm On Apr 09, 2013
First of all, I don't agree with the MODS for lumping Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum and Drilling engineers together. Though they're all under oil & gas, It doesn't make sense having people discussing simulations, EOS, grid building and all those sort of stuffs which are reservoir engrg terminologies on the same page as people talking about stuck-pipe, gas pockets, rotary steerable, Eco-scope MWD which are strictly for drilling engrs.

Secondly, this page has lost its purpose. It is now more of a job-seeker page than a professional forum to discuss drilling related matter. This seems harsh but that's what it is.

Can we revert this page to what it was meant for? I bet even the students will learn alot if we discuss Drilling related issues... not just internship, job openings and people looking for project topics.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by mavixng1: 9:15pm On Apr 09, 2013
Gud day all, i really enjoy this topic and i wnat to say keep it up Guys.
Plesae is there any ROV pilot in the house?
I have so much passion for the job and i want to go for the course though it way beyond my immediate reach, but i must make it,
thus i needed to talk with an ROV pilot so i can get a better insight into my dream career.

thank you as respond.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by devmantic(m): 11:33pm On Apr 09, 2013
adegbitetunji:

Chief, do u know if petroleum geology MSc is offered at Clausthal??

I have no idea...
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by VLadimirov(m): 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
Good Day all. I´m Vlad, new on Nairaland.
I´m a graduate of Pet. Engn dpt. UNIPORT, RiversState. I´m strongly considering an Msc. course in drilling and production engrng. @ Clausthal... any advice ? I´ve gotten the application form and i´m filling it now. Any advice on what I shouldn´t/should do ?
Iĺl really appreciate any advice... any at all.
Thanks a lot people.

VLad
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by Oghumah: 10:44pm On Apr 10, 2013
Ok guys am here lets talk, am a petroleum Engineer with drilling experience whats is the challenge.

Dr Ferlie: I have decided to create a thread for drilling engineers and drilling supervisors ( company man ), so that we can share experience and best practices.

I am currently working on a BOD for a deepwater field development - drilling and completion.

Guys, come in and let's discuss.
Re: Subsea, Mud, Reservoir, Pipeline, Petroleum, Drilling Engineers & Supervisors Zone by cridols: 11:36pm On Apr 10, 2013
Dr Ferlie:

Femi, welcome on board. At your (student) level, you need to get familiar with the crazy and complex drilling formulars. On the field, there are softwares to do the calculations for you. My favorite right from B.Sc and M.Sc levels has been drilling and completion engineering . I just love it. Your choice depends on which aspect of petroleum engineering you find interesting. By the time you go through. your degree programme, you will be able to determine that. All the fields are good and challenging.
There is hope for you in Nigeria and else where. Just be very good and deligent at what you DO.

Pls i am Felix α fresh graduate from FUTO,Petroleum engr. I came across some materials called petroleum dictionary during my industrial training at NAPIMS NNPC but lost them to virus attack on my system,pls any one with such materials should pls send α copy to me morrparis@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (29) (Reply)

How Much Do Bank Workers Earn? / How To Improve On Your Career With I.T / COREN Registration Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.