Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,392 members, 7,850,396 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:27 PM

Should Nigerians Go Back To Their Traditional Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Nigerians Go Back To Their Traditional Religion? (371 Views)

African Traditional Religion Thread. / What was the traditional religion of the Hausas or fulani before Islam / Eight Similarities Between Christian Religion And Traditional Religion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Nigerians Go Back To Their Traditional Religion? by TobiBabiOO(f): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2016
I'm a christian and also urhobo. I sometimes pray in Urhobo or English. I've been studying the bible in more depth these days and also studying our traditional religions. I honestly believe that "God" and "Jesus" are just English versions of "Oghene" and "Oyise". Oghene is the one true God and Oyise his messenger. In the bible Jesus specifically says that no one comes to the father but through him and you cannot get to Oghene unless through Oyise, this is just me putting two and two together. My point is, I feel as though organized religion is fabricated and Africans in general need to just worship God as we always had. We are his people, we are the first people and modern day Christianity has been concocted from traditional religious practices. I believe in God no matter the name he is called but i think we need to stop acting as if our traditional religion is that much different than the Christianity that Europeans brought to us. If you're going to call me a heathen or whatever else please don't even respond, I'm finding the truth out for myself each day by the Grace of Oghene.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Foundation Of Our Hope / The Mystery Of Wise-sayings And Religion / Spiritual Digest For The Day 30th Of April 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.