Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,290 members, 7,815,501 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? (63489 Views)

Ada Peter, Evans Osarobuohien, Roland Tolulope Loto, Professors In Their 30s / List Of First Nigerian Professors In Various Disciplines / Nigerian Universities With The Highest Number Of Professors - NUC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by oluemmakay(m): 4:55pm On Mar 30, 2016
UI all the way... Der's no need counting...

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by jorhney(m): 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Open uni
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by freemanbubble: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Wow
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by nwoko12: 4:56pm On Mar 30, 2016
Its moaua last year the school had over 90 new profs
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by skedemi(m): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
UI of course

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Insight2013(m): 4:57pm On Mar 30, 2016
University of Ibadan, the first and the Best

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Mar 30, 2016
soulminister:
I want to believe that it is University of ibadan since we have up to 11 professors in the department I graduated from which is the department of chemistry.
boss

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Armstrong34(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
foolish country....hw does number of professors in a skul improve our educational system or unemployment rate....Nigerians sf ehn...bragging abt nonsense

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by gurunlocker: 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
No even try am, na EKSU....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Jarus(m): 5:02pm On Mar 30, 2016
This should be UI.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Spiff20(m): 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2016
soulminister:
I want to believe that it is University of ibadan since we have up to 11 professors in the department I graduated from which is the department of chemistry.
that's my dept bro, here in unical we have 10 but we lost one, his funeral is tomorrow.
#proudchemists
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by afroxyz: 5:05pm On Mar 30, 2016
Is this question relevant? Why do we like to worship titles in thus country? Professors that can't even ameliorate the crisis bedevilled the country. All these old professors that frustrate young people. Go abroad you see professors in their late 30s and early 40s, and we are here celebrating which university has the highest number of professors that haven't contributed jack. Nigerians! Wise up na!!!!

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by stevnwigw: 5:06pm On Mar 30, 2016
Imo state university owerri had 78 professors as at the last convocation held on the 19th day of March 2016.
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Mar 30, 2016
MadCow1:
This must be a battle between Yoruba Universities..

You know that in the West, they hand our Professorship like Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure.

Fayose sharing Professorship in Ekiti State . grin
You are so funny. professorship indeed! The pix got me really laughing grin
leave fayose jor. He's my person o
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:10pm On Mar 30, 2016
OP sef! Na UI na, when the professors for some departments sef plenty pass the professors for some schools.

8 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
stevnwigw:
Imo state university owerri had 78 professors as at the last convocation held on the 19th day of March 2016.
Faculty of The social sciences, University of Ibadan alone boost of 30 Profs.....U can't beat that..
WeAreUite

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by iyb(m): 5:15pm On Mar 30, 2016
Ahmadu Bello University

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Mustack: 5:23pm On Mar 30, 2016
HrmOlolade:
I think federal polytechnic offa and kwara poly cheesy
that's a beautiful lie
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
In the dept of Geography alone, UI, we av 10 professors, 3 Emeritus, one just died last year

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by ajosegabriel(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2016
[quote author=olatunji21 post=44255477]
Faculty of The social sciences, University of Ibadan alone boost of 30 Profs.....U can't beat that..
WeAreUite[/quote.....and one of the professor is in class and youre still reading comments on nairaland....thumbs up shogbo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 30, 2016
ajosegabriel:
and one of the professor is in class and youre still reading comments on nairaland....thumbs up shogbo!
Lolz....Someone just caught me....Prof..N is in class..

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by ndcide(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
MadCow1:
This must be a battle between Yoruba Universities..

You know that in the West, they hand our Professorship like Fayose's Stomach Infrastructure.

Fayose sharing Professorship in Ekiti State . grin

But the pix you added looks like that of fayemi.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Pelaiye2703(m): 5:39pm On Mar 30, 2016
iamswizz:
mapoly
I'm also an ex mapaite but am sure u re joking...
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 30, 2016
evansvenus:
Gud evening people

let us get it started, tell us the university that have the highest number of professors as lecturers

you can also tell the house how many of your lecturers are professors,its sure going to make admission seekers make the right choice..thanks!

Seriously are you asking this question Hands down it's U.I.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Martiyu(m): 5:45pm On Mar 30, 2016
olatunji21:

WeAreUite

this must be an understatement... maybe you meant to say 30professors in one of the 5 depts of the social sciences.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by flybiz08(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
K
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Kruzilano(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2016
HrmOlolade:
I think federal polytechnic offa and kwara poly cheesy
did u smoke weed before reading the post?
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Keneking:
University of Lagos and University of Ibadan both ranked 1000 in FIFA ranking grin
FIFA ranking? You dey madt?
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by kennethokey15(m): 5:47pm On Mar 30, 2016
Is comparism now the thread that is trending? As far as I'm concerned, this kinda thread does not and can never help me.
Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by temitope28(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
1 University of Ibadan 2 OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE 3 AMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY 4 UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA 5UNILORIN,UNAB,OOU,FUTA,LAUTECH,UNILAG, 6 OTHER UNIVERSITIES

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by praxisnetworks: 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2016
last time I checked in 2008 they were over 350 professors and a 100 waiting to be declared due to funds.

Shagati:

There were 260 Professors in UI last time I checked (in June 1994)

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian University With The Highest Number Of Professors? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Mar 30, 2016
stevnwigw:

Faculty of Agriculture and Forestry, University of Ibadan alone has more than that number.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oxford Dictionary Adds 29 Nigerian Words, Expressions In January Updates / When Will WAEC May/june Registration For 2013/2014 Starting? / Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.