Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,278 members, 7,811,829 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:29 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (1175) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11609582 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (16126) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by bigblangston: 11:48pm On Jun 26, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
West Ham Submit Improved Bid For Iheanacho As Leicester Boss Identifies Him As Prime Target

The race for the signature of Manchester City Nigerian forward Kelechi Iheanacho is hotting up as West Ham have improved their offer for the 20 year old who is also a target of Leicester City.

According to Skysports West Ham have improved their initial offer for the striker and it is reportedly close to what Manchester City are demanding aside the issue of the buy back clause.

Manchester City are yet to respond to West Ham offer with manager Pep Guardiola not keen on letting the forward leave unless a replacement is bought as exclusively reported by this portal.

However Leicester City manager Craig Shakespeare has according to various reports pencilled Iheanacho as his top target in the summer transfer window as the former champions aim to bounce back from the disappointment of last season.

It appears both teams are going to be the front runners for his signature despite the reported interest of Crystal Palace who are also set to be mulling over a bid for the 20 year old.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/26/west-ham-submit-improved-bid-for-iheanacho-as-leicester-boss-identifies-him-as-prime-target/
It seems Kelechi Iheanacho is paying owngoal to always carry his news or maybe they are the one paying him to carry his transfer news. why can't Daniel Martins, Osas and Ade Emmanuel come with juicy news like Ed dove and Collin Udoh always convey to us through you. West Ham today, Leceister tomorrow.

Please don't stop dishing out kweseespn articles. Good job

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by komekn(m): 12:12am On Jun 27, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

You can decide to drive your car by keeping your eyes on the rare view. Rohr is looking forward into the future.

If you do not take proper care of your present continous there will be no future to take care of or build upon.

You do not build on air but a foundation, a foundation set and created by experienced, proven and tested players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 7:48am On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
The parameters used to analyse is based on their output for clubs. Martins was at one time during his Inter Milan days in 2004 the deadliest forward in Europe based on His Clinical goals per mins ratio.

Iheanacho is having similar story....

Based on these... both in their eras are the most lethal finishers and attackers we have up top....

Now the stage is set for Iheanacho... not martins. Tu comprends?

You keep mentioning his 8goals in qualifiers.... I told you I am focused on the Afcon drama.

He went four competitive games without a goal... and you talk about desirable for him and undesirable for Nacho. Double standards my Friend. smiley

I explained it all already. Ensure to re-look at the angles I came from.

And finally....

@first bolded.... Keshi didn't kick him out... martins kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance. We didn't even win with him on the field with most of our star players on display that same day against Kenya. Martins flunked big time.

But with Iheanacho against Algeria, we won... with most of our star players also on display that day. No excuses... and Iheanacho influenced the scoreline and The Algerians sang it in out ears audibly. You wanna turn deaf to that, that is your problem, not mine.wink

@second bolded..... You know why I smile most times when I engage you... it is because you will always find a way of shooting yourself in the legs.... wink

Martins came in as a sub as I said in my other post but truth is he did nothing special... it was Swaziland... and That games ended Goalless.

So now I ask..... what info am I hiding about Martins' performance that day? You say he was influential and bla bla bla and had a good hand in the team's second goal?? Like seriously?? In a game that ended 0-0?? shocked

Sir Forgiveness... stop lying naa... you wanna pin half-truths on me now but ended up opening your yansh the more... so now yours is no more half truths... but now a full lie... loolll

Look... that game ended 0-0... goalless! no goals scored! Tu comprends? Martins came on (for Mikel I think) and did nothing special... dropping deep and doing nothing... even Iheanacho did nothing too when he came on... his debut as a sub was one to forget. He didn't even see much of the ball... hahaha...

I recall that game so well Man...

The game we won 2-0 was the second leg.... and Martins did not play... so how did he influence that game too? In the Spirit??
Even Mikel did not play.... it was Paul Onobi. remember?

Bottomline is... Martins doing his thing in China cannot be compared to A lad doing his thing in top fashion in the world's toughest league.

Just like how Martins was taken over Aghahowa back then in 2004,2005, 2006... and more...

Time has moved on... so you should move on too... we have a new deadliest CF now...

His name is Kelechi Iheanacho... and For now... just for now.. he is the best we have. The team is evolving but right now... Kelechi leads.

@bolded 1
Since, Martins kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance, How do define or quantify the performance of Iheanacho against South Africa? grin

If we go by your logic, Iheanacho has kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance against Algeria and South Africa. Understood? grin

Did we win with Iheanacho on the field against South Africa? No we were thrashed awesomely. grin

Wha did Iheanacho did against Algeria? I can't remember. grin

@bolded 2

What position did Martins play when he came in against Swaziland? Let me see if truly u are true man. grin

@bolded 3

Don't let emotions block you having proper compression, oga.

Read, carefully. Where did you see me mention Martins was influential against Swaziland in that goalless draw encounter? I said he was influential in the 2 goals to nothing against Swaziland in Nigeria. Abi you no sabi comprehend.

Who told you Martins didn't play? Bhuuuhahaha! Can you see why I said you are hiding the truth?

Who is the lair now? Who em yanch open now? grin

See below

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:24am On Jun 27, 2017
Icon79:
Folks, instead of all these unnecessary back and forth about who should've played where and all what not, why can't we spend out time and talent discussing more important stuffs? You know, when you lose, the player who didn't play is always the best player ... the player who didn't play is always the one who would've made a difference. But take it from me, our problem is the game against South Africa was much more than the talent levels of the players deployed. Man to man, out players were better than SA but we just didn't play well as a team. That's the bottom line. That's what I would expect all the "experts" here to be discussing instead of focusing on one or two players. And I will give you a few examples of how poorly we played:

Today's game is all about movement - movement off the ball. And in our game against SA, there was totally no movement in our game. For instance, I expected more penetration in the midfield where Onazi, Ndidi, and Etebo were playing but they were all very static on that day.

Why did South Africa won, practically, all the 50-50 balls? And why didn't the team do anything to raise the tempo of the game, as most Nigerian teams do, after we conceded the first goal? Why did we stick with the same high/long range passes that weren't finding their targets? Why was there no creativity in our game? Who's the player maker in this team? Is it Etebo or Iwobi??

And by the way, did anybody realized that our game tend to collapse once we concede a goal ... even if we're winning? Go back and re-watch the two games against Algeria and Zambia. The team became jittery and started making mistakes once Zambia pulled one goal back. They almost gave me a heart attack. And playing at home against Algeria, the same thing happened! Did anybody else noticed the same thing or is it me?

Oya, I wanna hear the opinions of our local NL experts:

icon4s, TheSuperNerd, forgiveness, Safarigirl, tbaba, Mickael2, do4luv14, Humility, et al.

O pari

ok, the o pari master,

honestly I don't watch the game, so I will first comment on ur first point raised, and will observe others to complete my take on the matter,

one thing that is constant with the flow of game is the quality of the FIELD, have been positive time and time again, about the quality of our football pitch, the players has had the foot and bodily demeanor accustomed to playing on a good quality grass,

lets face it we don't have such in Nigeria, do they are bound to struggle, I wont be surprised if they go to SA, play on good grass with that same team, I will jst pity the SAs cos they will be in for a big surprise,

still my take about the field, we have the tenacity to always fight back, or how do you see our first friendly against Senegal,
that's telling you, the field has a say,

and as you always say

o'pari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:44am On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

@bolded 1
Since, Martins kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance, How do define or quantify the performance of Iheanacho against South Africa? grin

If we go by your logic, Iheanacho has kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance against Algeria and South Africa. Understood? grin

Did we win with Iheanacho on the field against South Africa? No we were thrashed awesomely. grin

@bolded 2

What position did Martins play when he came in against Swaziland? Let me see if truly u are true man. grin

@bolded 3

Read, carefully. Where did you see me mention Martins was influential against Swaziland in that goalless draw encounter? I said he was influential in the 2 goals to nothing against Swaziland in Nigeria. Abi you no sabi comprehend.

Who told you Martins didn't play? Bhuuuhahaha! Can you see why I said you are hiding the truth?

See below

lolzzz guy you badooo, if him no pass jamb, him go ur him cert, do jump-am-pass grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:51am On Jun 27, 2017
do4luv14:

lolzzz guy you badooo, if him no pass jamb, him go ur him cert, do jump-am-pass grin

Hahahahahah! I tire ooooooo. Person never pass Jamb, you wan dash am double promotion for University. grin

Na so dem dey do am?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 8:55am On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! I tire ooooooo. Person never pass Jamb, you wan dash am double promotion for University. grin

Na so dem dey do am?

but him fit use long distance learning, e,ter thru DE nah,
abi no be so
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:57am On Jun 27, 2017
kennysville:
I dont know if yall have noticed, but Etebor as a 10 forgets his duties. He never passes when he is in space. Watch all his games whenever he is in the 18 yard box, he prefers to go solo. There is something called teamwork. I am of the philosophy that it doesnt matter who scores so long as its for the good of the team. But all I see Etebor do is chase after personal glory. We need a proper 10 in the absence of Mikel. If iwobi is not as creative as he should be or is being touted to be, then we need to start shopping for a proper 10!

Playing Etebor because he is energetic will not do us any good. There has to be a better position for him. But not as a 10. We need to as a matter of urgency start shopping for that position. Skilful 10s are needed asap! Not pacy 10s ( All pace and no brains)

I don talk am for here many times that Etebor no bi no 10 but dem wan chop me raw. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 8:58am On Jun 27, 2017
do4luv14:

but him fit use long distance learning, e,ter thru DE nah,
abi no be so

Hahahahahah! Nobi for Nigeria National team. Make em dey do am for Man City. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 27, 2017
A team is as good as its last few games.

Cameroun vs Columbia- they lost 4 goals to nil
Cameroun vs Australia- 1 goal draw
Cameroun vs Chile- they lost 2 goals to nil
Cameroun vs Germany- they lost 3 goals to 1

Reports has it that there are deep crises rocking the Cameroonian Sports Federation.
We won't be surprised if their coach Hugo Broos is fired in the few coming days.

The Cameroonian team is not as menacing and ferocious as it used to be in the yesta years where they gave us headaches.

In Afcon 2006,we had an edge over them with a 2-1 win.During the reign of Oliseh , we had a convincing 3 - 0 win over them .I can say we have a psychological advantage over them.

In the on going fifa confed cup, I noticed they are menacing in counter attack but they are poor in the final ball and in finishing.
We have players who can match them in physical strength, pace etc.The likes of Mikel, Ndidi ,Moses ,Ogu etc can match them physically and besides they have more experience, skill,technical knowhow, techniques and wittiness to run them aground.With sleeky touch and passes ,we will unload them and open up their defence.

If Rohr get his acts right, after the double duel we are in Russia 2018.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:05am On Jun 27, 2017
Icon79:
Folks, instead of all these unnecessary back and forth about who should've played where and all what not, why can't we spend out time and talent discussing more important stuffs? You know, when you lose, the player who didn't play is always the best player ... the player who didn't play is always the one who would've made a difference. But take it from me, our problem is the game against South Africa was much more than the talent levels of the players deployed. Man to man, out players were better than SA but we just didn't play well as a team. That's the bottom line. That's what I would expect all the "experts" here to be discussing instead of focusing on one or two players. And I will give you a few examples of how poorly we played:

Today's game is all about movement - movement off the ball. And in our game against SA, there was totally no movement in our game. For instance, I expected more penetration in the midfield where Onazi, Ndidi, and Etebo were playing but they were all very static on that day.

Why did South Africa won, practically, all the 50-50 balls? And why didn't the team do anything to raise the tempo of the game, as most Nigerian teams do, after we conceded the first goal? Why did we stick with the same high/long range passes that weren't finding their targets? Why was there no creativity in our game? Who's the player maker in this team? Is it Etebo or Iwobi??

And by the way, did anybody realized that our game tend to collapse once we concede a goal ... even if we're winning? Go back and re-watch the two games against Algeria and Zambia. The team became jittery and started making mistakes once Zambia pulled one goal back. They almost gave me a heart attack. And playing at home against Algeria, the same thing happened! Did anybody else noticed the same thing or is it me?

Oya, I wanna hear the opinions of our local NL experts:

icon4s, TheSuperNerd, forgiveness, Safarigirl, tbaba, Mickael2, do4luv14, Humility, et al.

O pari

Wrong pegs in wrong holes.

The coach did not play many of those players in their natural positions.

Ndidi, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Etebor were not played in their natural positions.

The coach just assembled talented players without tactics, formation and experienced players.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:07am On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
Anderlecht Leak Information That Onyekuru Will Join West Ham For £8m

Belgium club Anderlecht have sensationally leaked out information suggesting hot in demand KAS Eupen Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru will join West Ham.

Anderlecht were hoping they will be able to persuade the 20 year old Nigerian to join them using the fact that they are in the Champions League as a bait to lure the forward.

However a top club official told an online Belgium site that the player is out of their reach as he has told them in clear terms about his ambition to join West Ham.

He said the 8 million pounds West Ham are willing to offer as transfer fee is a fee they could match but the desire of the player to move to England, coupled with the amount he stands to earn in wages led to his choice of the London side.

Already he has been granted a UK visa and he will arrive England before the end of this week to hold talks over his wages with West Ham, which will draw him a step closer to his dream of playing for Arsenal.

**Daniel Martins

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/26/anderlecht-leak-information-that-onyekuru-will-join-west-ham-for-8m/

Very good.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 9:10am On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
PORTLAND TIMBERS' ADI SETS MAJOR LEAGUE SOCCER GOALS RECORD
By Taiye Taiwo

The Nigeria international has done something no-one at the club has ever done

Fanendo Adi has become the first ever Portland Timbers player to score 50 Major League Soccer goals.

The 26-year-old forward was on target as Caleb Porter's men were held to a 2-2 draw by arch rivals Seattle Sounders.

Adi made history in the Providence Park when he found the back of the net from the penalty spot just before the half-time break to put the Timbers on level and become the first ever
Timbers player to score eight goals against Seattle Sounders.

Adi who has netted nine goals in 17 league games this season, remains the Timbers all-time topscorer after displacing John Bain’s 35-year goal record of 45 goals in April.

Portland Timbers are placed third in the Western Conference table with 25 points and will play league leaders Sporting Kansas City on July 2.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/26/36644372/portland-timbers-adi-sets-major-league-soccer-goals-record

Na wa ooooooo.

There is something fishing about selection of players in the National team. It's never on merit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 9:42am On Jun 27, 2017
@first bolded.... not understood... coz Against Algeria, he tormented their defence with his high-pressings and key positioning..... he kept on probing in the Algerian danger area... and was one of the key performers that day. The Algerian coach, Leekens specifically singled out Nacho.... One of The Algerian Journalists agreed and analysed Nacho's role keenly.

Against South Africa... Nacho had a below par performance. It happens and no excuses taken. But we will see if he had played himself out of the team by the next game. cheesy If Rohr does not invite him or play him, then we will know.... grin

Abeg what did Martins do against Swaziland in both legs??

(I am coming to that... I didn't even remember he played the second you know why... because he was as anonymous as a ghost... #fact). Every thing I was typing was from my head.... So if the one mistake is not remembering that Martins played in the second leg well that is because He was totally ineffective/ghostlike in the second leg... and I will show you in just a moment

@Second bolded..... See lame question.... Hahahahahahahahaha.... is that what defines a man? Your cheap silly question?? Mister take a hike abeg... Martins is a striker. He was brought into that field by Oliseh to get goals... he failed in that regards. I care not for his falling back to midfield... since when have Martins ever played the CMF role plss?? Oga stop making a lame case here... If this was Nacho... you would say, but he was brought in for goals naa.... good... use same yardstick for Martins. Mr Man. Looooollllll

@Third Bolded...... It's comprehension.... not compression. Since we are jumping on little mistakes now...... I think I should point that out. And ohhh.... The reason I picked on this is because you will badly need the comprehension much much more for my next point. wink

@Fourth bolded..... Aha! we have landed. smiley

Now read with caution, care and a clear mind. Prove you are a Man.... grin wink Hahahahahahahahaha.... Whatever that means.... looollll

Firstly when you said, Martins replaced Mikel Obi.... that made my mind go to the first leg. because that was one game Mikel played and Martins came in for him I think... Martins tried to exert his influence but he couldn't. That game ended goalless and Martins didn't shine when he came on. #fact.

Then when you mentioned the second leg of 2-0.... I was beginning to wonder and think of How and When did a Martins even have an impact in that game.... believe me I am still scratching my head because I recall most of the major actions in that game leading up to our goals.

Before Martins came into the fray and went on major ghostmode for the remaining 15mins.... It was Moses Simon who scored for Nigeria from a beautiful direct freekick.

A free kick won by the Powerful running Sylvester Igbonu (who is not so technically gifted by the way).

Then "Captain" Musa came off....... And Believe me, I didn't take notice of who came in. I majorly remember Ezekiel Bassey coming in and actually making his presence felt.... Martins was so quiet and so lost... he was damn anonymous...

It was even one of Ezekiel Bassey's dangerous solo runs that won us a freekick on the right of our attack which Igbonu took and was perfectly converted by Efe Ambrose. Then the game tapered off from there onward....

I remember that I gave Credits to Oliseh for our improvements from Set Pieces....

So tell me Man of truth... Looolll... How did martins influence that game or the scoreline when he was merely a passenger? He had no involvement in the first because he was not the field... he also had no involvement in the second because It was Ezekiel Bassey all along... He did not even draw defenders out of positions to cause mayhem like Nacho did against Algeria.... so how did he influence the game?? undecided

And plsss stop throwing digs at Chief Icon4s.... it is not cool. I do have my disagreements with him too sometimes but these constant digs you throw his way is not cool and uncalled for...

So my only mistake and mix-up in info was saying Martins never played the second leg... but fact remains that He had no bloody influence on that scoreline unlike Nacho had against Algeria.... Lord have mercy... I cannot recall one good thing Martins did... I didn't even remember he was on the pitch. Mikel didn't even play that second leg... so you also made an error in saying Martins replaced Mikel in the second leg and had a hand in the second goal.... it is not easy recalling certain details but Martins was a passenger in that game... that Much I recall... and that much is the fact

forgiveness:

@bolded 1

@bolded 2

@bolded 3

YOU ARE NOT A TRUE MAN.

See below. Who came in in the 75th minute? shocked grin

Why you come dey lie na? grin

Who told you Martins took over during those era?

My friend, Yakubu dey dere, Aghahowa dey dere, Kanu dey dere etc

I think you are veryyyyyyy ignorant about those era but should have befriend Google not to have received this kind of humiliation and disgrace. Sorry. Ndo. grin

I intentionally waited for 2 test the integrity of this forum but unfortunately nobody came forward to educate TheSuperNerd on were he has erred big time, especially the so called icon of football. grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by forgiveness: 10:25am On Jun 27, 2017
TheSuperNerd:
The parameters used to analyse is based on their output for clubs. Martins was at one time during his Inter Milan days in 2004 the deadliest forward in Europe based on His Clinical goals per mins ratio.

Iheanacho is having similar story....

Based on these... both in their eras are the most lethal finishers and attackers we have up top....

Now the stage is set for Iheanacho... not martins. Tu comprends?

You keep mentioning his 8goals in qualifiers.... I told you I am focused on the Afcon drama.

He went four competitive games without a goal... and you talk about desirable for him and undesirable for Nacho. Double standards my Friend. smiley

I explained it all already. Ensure to re-look at the angles I came from.

And finally....

@first bolded.... Keshi didn't kick him out... martins kicked himself out with an outrageously poor performance. We didn't even win with him on the field with most of our star players on display that same day against Kenya. Martins flunked big time.

But with Iheanacho against Algeria, we won... with most of our star players also on display that day. No excuses... and Iheanacho influenced the scoreline and The Algerians sang it in out ears audibly. You wanna turn deaf to that, that is your problem, not mine.wink

@second bolded..... You know why I smile most times when I engage you... it is because you will always find a way of shooting yourself in the legs.... wink

Martins came in as a sub as I said in my other post but truth is he did nothing special... it was Swaziland... and That games ended Goalless.

So now I ask..... what info am I hiding about Martins' performance that day? You say he was influential and bla bla bla and had a good hand in the team's second goal?? Like seriously?? In a game that ended 0-0?? shocked

Sir Forgiveness... stop lying naa... you wanna pin half-truths on me now but ended up opening your yansh the more... so now yours is no more half truths... but now a full lie... loolll

Look... that game ended 0-0... goalless! no goals scored! Tu comprends? Martins came on (for Mikel I think) and did nothing special... dropping deep and doing nothing... even Iheanacho did nothing too when he came on... his debut as a sub was one to forget. He didn't even see much of the ball... hahaha...

I recall that game so well Man...

The game we won 2-0 was the second leg.... and Martins did not play... so how did he influence that game too? In the Spirit??
Even Mikel did not play.... it was Paul Onobi. remember?

Bottomline is... Martins doing his thing in China cannot be compared to A lad doing his thing in top fashion in the world's toughest league.

Just like how Martins was taken over Aghahowa back then in 2004,2005, 2006... and more...

Time has moved on... so you should move on too... we have a new deadliest CF now...

His name is Kelechi Iheanacho... and For now... just for now.. he is the best we have. The team is evolving but right now... Kelechi leads.

Martins wasn't the only lethal striker in that era. Yakubu Aiyegbeni dey dere but he was out of the competition due to injury.

In that area tournament, Julius Aghahowa dey dere and was one of the most lethal striker both at his club and in the National team. Kanu Nwankwo nko? :

Therefore, Iheanacho is not the most lethal striker in the National team. He has failed on two occasions woefully.

If person no pass jamb, how he wan take go University? grin

You claimed Martins was lost in some of the games in the qualifiers but when you were caught pants down, you reminded me you were just 12 years old. Meaning, you didn't remember. grin

How come you just grow bear bear overnight come they claim Martins didn't score in four matches without telling us the position he played and his influence in those matches? You are veryyyyyyy funny and ignorant about the fact on ground. grin

What was the formation used during that 2006 AFCON and what was Martins role? grin

Compare Martins influence in the matches were he did score with that of Iheanacho.

Martins against Zimbabwe

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://www./video/x8r3w6_nigeria-vs-zimbabwe-2006-african-cu_sport&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiN7Nuv1d3UAhXNJlAKHcBYCyEQuAIIJzAE&q=2006+Nigeria+vs+Zimbabwe+YouTube&usg=AFQjCNFK4At_nbyLPpwvxH0Xxz0Mholqog

Iheanacho against Algeria

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW_g_UHqkNyc&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjmxdn91t3UAhWMZ1AKHQCmAyUQwqsBCFIwBw&q=Nigeria+vs+Algeria+&usg=AFQjCNGu8ssaNqv3ulPvbQHPzRAJ0ei-pw

Martins against Tunisia

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D2Yb4uvmk4hg&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiYi7uK2N3UAhUBJ1AKHUZCDyIQtwIIGjAA&q=2006+Nigeria+vs+Tunisia+YouTube&usg=AFQjCNFwPMxiPo4uI8LyiB1gqZGUTZRQuw

Iheanacho against South Africa. Humiliation is perfect word to use.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPh6w53Pq7VE&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiLkNuP2N3UAhWQYVAKHfLCBiYQuAIIMzAI&q=nigeria+vs+south+africa+2017+YouTube+&usg=AFQjCNELN1ml3eV76uTvBlbA6rKuO85AHA

Iheanacho flunked big time. Is it not enough to kicked himself out of the team with this performance just like Keshi did to Martins? shocked grin

Iheanacho hasn't pass jamb, he wan go University!? shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 10:42am On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Hahahahahah! Nobi for Nigeria National team. Make em dey do am for Man City. grin

naim nah, if him no pass jamb for national team,
him go man city go do long distance, cum use am do direct entry for national team abi no be so grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:47am On Jun 27, 2017
*Yawns*

Martins was the Eagles' first choice striker in that era Oga. Yakubu hardly benched him He played alongside him in attack. #fact

Kanu also was never played as the major point man for Nigeria. It was Martins #Fact.

Aghahowa in 2006 was either playing alongside Martins or left on the bench because of Martins... #anotherFact

And my focus was always and always on Afcon 2006... I said in the first place I was typing from memory of long ago and when I say some games... I don't restrict it to just the qualifiers...... and yes I was 12.... Shocking to you? wink But you narrowed it down to just the WC qualifiers prior to 2006 just to suit your arguments as usual and ignoring his Afcon 2006 "undesirable" index (according to your logic of undesirable).... which is exactly the point I was making all along.... :>

".....he went two games without delivering.... yet because he remained our best and most lethal... and also has fantastic clinical ratio for club, he was still given a shot against Senegal and he delivered. And thanks to Mikel Obi too."

So why are you now running away from the facts that Martins was our no.1 back then by mentioning his other striking partners?

Oga he has flunked in some games and in as much as he has excelled in several games. So stop your run-arounds. It is very childish.

Martins was our most lethal... and that is why he led then.

Right now it is Iheanacho.... and Martins does not even come close.

So drop your bollocks and move on.

In all your arguments, you have not mentioned who the most lethal is presently...... If it is not Nacho then who naa??

Oga I know the truth is painful to you... but you have to accept it and move on.

Martins was woeful against Lowly Swaziland in both legs and you come here making a case against Nacho who the Algerians praised as one of the key players on the Nigerian side who destroyed them with his off-the-ball movements and high-pressing which constantly drew the Algerian defenders out of their actual defensive shape and positions.
Abeg in Martins' last two games for Nigeria did he do such?? undecided

So much for being the one who call others liars.

Stop the hidden hate you have towards Nacho... it has been there from the moment you called me a liar for sincerely saying he had much better stats in far lesser time than a player you love so much and who I rate too...

" Dominic Solanke "

You are just blinded by Unconditional Love for certain players and subtle dislike for a selected few and just wanna argue nonsense for Nonsense's sake....

Look.. Sir Forgiveness... your illogical and unintelligent analysis is noted okay.

Can't understand how anyone will wanna see past our best starting against Cameoroun up-top....

Just shocking.

P.S: Nacho has smashed records at City.... he has smashed a few records in The EPL with his scoring rate... and you talk silly of him trying to pass Jamb when he has aced the Higher Boards... cheesy grin

forgiveness:

Martins wasn't the only lethal striker in that era. Yakubu Aiyegbeni dey dere but he was out of the competition due to injury.

In that area tournament, Julius Aghahowa dey dere and was one of the most lethal striker both at his club and in the National team. Kanu Nwankwo nko? :

Therefore, Iheanacho is not the most lethal striker in the National team. He has failed on two occasions woefully.

If person no pass jamb, how he wan take go University? grin

You claimed Martins was lost in some of the games in the qualifiers but when you were caught pants down, you reminded me you were just 12 years old. Meaning, you didn't remember. grin

How come you just grow bear bear overnight come they claim Martins didn't score in four matches without telling us the position he played and his influence in those matches? You are veryyyyyyy funny and ignorant about the fact on ground. grin

What was the formation used during that 2006 AFCON and what was Martins role? grin

Compare Martins influence in the matches were he did score with that of Iheanacho.

Martins against Zimbabwe

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=http://www./video/x8r3w6_nigeria-vs-zimbabwe-2006-african-cu_sport&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiN7Nuv1d3UAhXNJlAKHcBYCyEQuAIIJzAE&q=2006+Nigeria+vs+Zimbabwe+YouTube&usg=AFQjCNFK4At_nbyLPpwvxH0Xxz0Mholqog

Iheanacho against Algeria

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DW_g_UHqkNyc&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwjmxdn91t3UAhWMZ1AKHQCmAyUQwqsBCFIwBw&q=Nigeria+vs+Algeria+&usg=AFQjCNGu8ssaNqv3ulPvbQHPzRAJ0ei-pw

Martins against Tunisia

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D2Yb4uvmk4hg&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiYi7uK2N3UAhUBJ1AKHUZCDyIQtwIIGjAA&q=2006+Nigeria+vs+Tunisia+YouTube&usg=AFQjCNFwPMxiPo4uI8LyiB1gqZGUTZRQuw

Iheanacho against South Africa. Humiliation is perfect word to use.

https://www.google.com.ng/url?url=https://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DPh6w53Pq7VE&rct=j&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiLkNuP2N3UAhWQYVAKHfLCBiYQuAIIMzAI&q=nigeria+vs+south+africa+2017+YouTube+&usg=AFQjCNELN1ml3eV76uTvBlbA6rKuO85AHA

Iheanacho flunked big time. Is it not enough to kicked himself out of the team with this performance just like Keshi did to Martins? shocked grin

Iheanacho hasn't pass jamb, he wan go University!? shocked grin
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:59am On Jun 27, 2017
Yeah... you are right... it has never been on merit even during the time we had Yakubu, Martins and more in the early-late 2000s... grin grin

You say never.... so that means all the eras of Nigerian football suffered same fate. Well said Oh Man of Truth indeed. Loooolll

forgiveness:

Na wa ooooooo.

There is something fishing about selection of players in the National team. It's never on merit.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2017
NFF defends Coach Gernot Rohr’s continued residence in Europe, Eagles’ foreign camps
By Alex Monye

Rohr

The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) yesterday defended Super Eagles’ coach, Gernot Rohr’s preference to work from Europe, saying the arrangement is to help the coach discover and select credible foreign-based players for the senior national team.

Some football followers have criticized the Franco-German manager for his preference for foreign-based players and his continued stay in Europe when Super Eagles matches are played in Nigeria.

Rohr is also accused of not helping to develop the domestic league with his vast experience in African football unlike his counterpart in Cameroon, who monitors happenings in the country’s local scene.

Some of the criticism is that Rohr’s stay in Europe scouting for players of Nigerian descent has yielded little result. It has also been argued that funds used in camping the team in France before the disastrous AFCON qualifier against South Africa would have served the country better if the team trained in Nigeria before the game.

Reacting to these allegations, Super Eagles’ Media Officer, Toyin Ibitoye, said Rohr had never shied away from contributing to the development of Nigerian football. He explained that the Eagles’ boss has been spending more time in Europe to enable him discover and select players that would be used to qualify the team for the major championships.

Ibitoye reasoned that it would be difficult for Rohr to get the right players for the Eagles if the right steps were not taken, adding that it was not fair for some people to accuse Rohr of not focusing on the Nigerian league.

“The issue of Rohr only using foreign-based players for the World Cup and Nations Cup qualifiers and neglecting players in the domestic league is being over flogged. The coach works mainly with the foreign-based players they are the best available for now.

“You cannot expect him to be in Nigeria when all the players he needs are in Europe. Rohr decided to leave the country after the South Africa game to focus on the World Cup tie against Cameroon. He was in Russia to watch the last Confederation Cup group game between Germany and Cameroon.

“Despite the fact that the leagues are on break, the coach would also visit some players he would want to use in the game against Cameroon. These are players based in Nigeria.”
Ibitoye posited that Rohr’s assistants were always on ground to work for him, adding that the coach would be in Nigeria when CHAN qualifiers begin.

Source: https://m.guardian.ng/sport/nff-defends-coach-gernot-rohrs-continued-residence-in-europe-eagles-foreign-camps/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:12am On Jun 27, 2017
FIFA Confederations Cup has exposed Cameroon’s weaknesses – Mutiu Adepoju

Former Super Eagles winger, Mutiu Adepoju, has expressed confidence that the Indomitable Lions of Cameroon will fall when they clash with Nigeria’s Super Eagles at the August 28 Russia 2018 FIFA world cup qualifier in Uyo, noting that the ongoing FIFA Confederations Cup in Russia has helped to expose the Cameroonians’ strength and weaknesses ahead of the double header clash.

Adepoju who spoke in a telephone interview, urged Coach Gehrot Rohr and the Eagles to remain focused on the upcoming game with the rattled Lions.

The former Ajax Amsterdam player, who reacted to Super Eagles disappointing defeat by South Africa argued that it is not in any way a setback to the team, but an opportunity for the technical crew to work on the team more.

“I won’t agree that the defeat by South Africa was a setback and I won’t also believe that there is a problem in the team because losing a match does not mean death sentence. It was rather a bad day for the Eagles team.

“I still stand my ground that there should be no reason to panic in the game against Cameroon. The only thing is for the players to prepare for that game very well and equally deploy everything. The only thing is that we should try to use what we have to get what we want.

“It would be right to think that participating in the FIFA Confederation Cup would give Cameroon psychological edge over the Super Eagles but it does not follow. In the contrary, the participation exposed them because it afforded us the opportunity to know their strength and weaknesses. We have also known their strong points,” he noted.

Source: http://www.thebreakingtimes.com/fifa-confederations-cup-has-exposed-cameroons-weaknesses-mutiu-adepoju/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:20am On Jun 27, 2017
Everton Enter Race For Onyekuru

English Premier League club Everton have joined the race for young Nigerian forward Henry Onyekuru.

Both Arsenal and West Ham were said to be bidding for the 20-year-old – with a fee of around £7 million being reported as the asking price.

But according to Belgian newspaper, DH, Everton have now indicated interest in Onyekuru.

DH also reported that Everton would try to sign Onyekuru and then immediately loan him out to Belgian champions Anderlecht to pick up more first-team experience in a league he knows well.

Onyekuru bagged an impressive 22 goals in 38 league appearances last campaign – and also claimed 14 assists.

He was part of the Super Eagles squad but did not play as they lost 2-0 to Bafana Bafana of South Africa in the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier in Uyo on June 10.

Source: http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/everton-enter-race-onyekuru/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:23am On Jun 27, 2017
Everton Plan To Sign Arsenal, West Ham Target Henry & Loan Him To Anderlecht

English Premier League side Everton are working on a deal to sign Eupen sensation Henry Onyekuru, according to reports.
Belgian newspaper Het Nieuwsblad claims a representative of Eupen, Mogi Bayat, has arrived in England for transfer talks with the Toffees.

If the two clubs can reach an agreement, Onyekuru will be loaned out to Belgian First Division A champions Anderlecht for the whole of the 2017-2018 season.

The likes of Arsenal, West Ham, Newcastle United, Chelsea and Swansea City have reportedly registered their interest in signing the youngster.

Onyekuru put himself in the shop window after his phenomenal breakthrough season in which he netted 24 goals in all competitions, and was nominated for prestigious awards in Belgium.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : as-eupen.be

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23552
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:28am On Jun 27, 2017
Nigeria: Don't Take Indomitable Lions' Clash for Granted, Obuh Warns Eagles

Former Flying Eagles coach, John Obuh has urged Super Eagles' handlers not to go to sleep following Cameroon's poor showing at the FIFA Confederations Cup.

The African champions were sent packing on Sunday after losing to Germany 3-1. They also lost to Chile 2-0 and drew 1-1 against Australia in their previous games, but Obuh stated that the Cameroon team has had the advantage ahead of the crucial African World Cup group B qualifiers with their participation at the Confederations Cup.

The Super Eagles need at least four points from the back-to-back games against the Indomitable Lions in August and September respectively, to seal up qualification for the 2018 World Cup. However, Obuh said it will be a tough call.

He implored Super Eagles coach, Gernot Rohr to get the right mix of players and put them in shape for the crucial encounter.

"I believe that the Eagles can get good results from the double header if our team is tactically disciplined.

"We need our best legs and should have control of the midfield effectively while committing their Cameroon plays with raw strength which we cannot match but only a tactically disciplined side can get them to fall," Obuh said.

"No doubt, Nigerians would still be thinking of the Eagles' 0-2 loss to South Africa but I think the Confederations Cup has provided the technical crew a good opportunity to study the Cameroon side, though no two matches are the same."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/201706270169.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:35am On Jun 27, 2017
Tammy Abraham's agile mind, hard work sets him apart as one to watch
By Nick Miller, ESPN FC

When Tammy Abraham was on loan at Bristol City last season, upon his arrival at training every day he would make a point of greeting as many people -- staff, coaches, teammates -- as possible and shaking their hands. That might seem like a small detail but it is one indication of why everyone speaks so warmly of a young man who at just 19 has been one of the most coveted players in the summer transfer window.

When Abraham is finished at the Under-21 European Championships, where he's part of a promising England squad, he will head to the Premier League -- specifically to Swansea if reports are to be believed. There he'll see if he can repeat last season's success, when he scored 26 goals for a side that avoided relegation from the Championship by three points.

From watching him play and listening to those who have worked closely with him, there's no reason to think he can't.

Abraham is one of the coterie of players that Chelsea have out on loan, but he's slightly different to many of those around him who were bought as youngsters with the aim of selling on for profit. Abraham joined the club when he was just eight but unlike many of his peers, he didn't enrol in Chelsea's full-time academy programme, training twice and playing one match a week until he was 16.

It's worth reiterating that was only three years ago. Since then, he has blossomed into one of the most promising strikers in the country, 6-foot-3 with limbs that seem to go on for days, pace, a feather touch and an ability to think with lightning clarity.

It's remarkable that Abraham already seems so rounded at such a young age but that doesn't sound like an accident or simply a gift.

"He's very coachable," Dean Holden, Bristol City assistant head coach who worked with Abraham extensively last season, tells ESPN FC. "He wants to go to the very top and he knows to do that he needs different strings to his bow. He'd talk to us about the centre-backs he'd be playing against, what their strengths and weaknesses were and what he could do against them, which runs to make, etc.

"He'd want to know as much information as possible."

The capacity for learning is particularly interesting for someone of his size -- a "machine of a specimen," says Holden -- and youth. Frequently when a young player grows early and is so much bigger than their peers, they lean on such physicality, eventually coming to rely on it.

But it's evident from watching him play that it's not the case for Abraham: his height, strength and pace are assets but it's the way he thinks about the game and uses his touch that marks him out as different. As does the variety of goals he can score.

"Left-foot, right-foot, with his head: he's a triple-threat, which makes him very difficult to defend against," says Neil Dewsnip, the FA's technical lead for 17-to-21-year-olds and the man who gave Abraham his England Under-18s debut when he was just 16. Having watched him for the last few years, Dewsnip has seen Abraham improve.

"The things he could do then, he's just doing better now," Dewsnip says.

"He's scoring more frequently and at a higher standard. He's 6-foot-3 but from being a bit of a beanpole, he's now started to fill out and become a young man. I suspect he's going to get a lot stronger and become a real physical, competitive presence.

From a young age, you could see a real passion and desire to improve." It's worth noting that Dewsnip's previous job was as Everton's Academy head coach, where he brought through Ross Barkley and Wayne Rooney among others. He knows a player when he sees one.

"Every time you'd speak to an opposition coach or a manager after a game they'd be raving about him," says Holden. "They didn't know whether to try and be physical with him, or play a bit deeper to stop him running in behind. Then sometimes he'd drop in short into the No. 10 position and hit the wide player with a pass. And then he just wants to get in the box and score goals. He absolutely loves scoring goals."

Abraham's hard work comes up frequently but his mental agility is what makes him a formidable striker. Holden speaks about one goal he scored for Bristol City last season, in a high-pressure game against Blackburn as both sides fought to avoid relegation.

A pass was played over the defence and Abraham, having sprung the offside trap, latched onto it and a simple chance looked likely. But a strange bounce and spin on the ball took it back behind the striker's run, stopping the momentum of both player and ball. Rather than panic, check back or look for other options, Abraham stretched one of those mile-long legs behind him, hooked the ball past the keeper and into the corner of the net before any of his opponents had worked out what he was going to do.

"It was just an instinctive thing to do," says Holden. "You might think 'Shall I take it on, shall I go round the keeper, shall I chip him...' but that was an unorthodox type of finish, and that's what gives him a chance, because he can do lots of different things."

It's always tricky to tell how a young player like Abraham will cope with the step up to the Premier League, particularly with the expectation building around him. Chelsea seem to have handled his development sensibly, and just like at Bristol City, will keep up with his progress through monthly reports from whichever club he joins. It wouldn't be a surprise if this time next year, he's a part of the Chelsea first team.

"You could never get him off the training pitch," says Holden.

"You'd have to drag him and some other lads off because they'd be knackered for the games otherwise. That's the sort of thing you want in a young player. When Eric Cantona went to Manchester United, he emphasised that mentality: you really have to work at your craft, and Tammy does that."

Source: http://kwese.espn.com/football/european-under-21-championship/0/blog/post/3149039/england-under-21-star-chelsea-prospect-tammy-abraham-might-be-worth-the-hype
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:40am On Jun 27, 2017
'I’M VERY HAPPY AT FULHAM' – SONE ALUKO CASTS DOUBT OVER CRAVEN COTTAGE EXIT
By Shina Oludare

The Nigerian has revealed he is enjoying life in the English Championship and hopes to help the team secure Premier League ticket

Sone Aluko reveals that he is happy at Fulham and is ready to help the team secure promotion to the English Premier League next season.

The 28-year-old joined the Cottagers from Hull City last season and has shown glimpses of his best form since arriving in English Championship.

Not minding calls for him to dump Fulham for topflight action, the forward says his focus remains on playing regularly and help the team return to the Premier League.

''I'm very happy at Fulham,’’ Aluko told Goal.

''Yes, I played regular football and I only missed one game which for the last two years I've never had that level of play.

''I'm not in a rush to leave Fulham but like every player you want to play in the Premier League. So you'd never know in football.

''But now, I'm exploring aggressively right now. If it comes, I'll look at whatever comes. But my focus now is to get promoted with Fulham which I'm believe it's a possibility.''

The Cottagers were a win away from the English Football League play-offs final, but were denied by a 1-0 defeat to Reading.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/27/36648812/im-very-happy-at-fulham-sone-aluko-casts-doubt-over-craven
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:44am On Jun 27, 2017
VICTOR AGALI CONFIDENT OF WOLFSBURG'S OSIMHEN
By Tolu Olasoji

The former Schalke 04 attacker is upbeat about how good the teenager would come, with his German education intact at the Volkswagen Arena

Former Nigeria striker, Victor Agali has described Victor Osimhen 's decision to join Wolfsburg as a 'perfect' one.

The youngster joined Die Wolfe in 2016 but was allowed to sign a professional contract in January 2017 after he turned 18.

Osimhen's progress at the German Bundesliga side was halted by a knee injury that had him appear only twice for Andries Jonker's side last season.

However, Agali, who played in Germany with Hansa Rostock and Schalke 04, believes the mentality at the Volkswagen Arena would help the striker achieve his full potential.

"He made a perfect move. I know Wolfsburg as a team and also, as a player with Schalke," Agali told Goal .

"I've always been afraid playing against Wolfsburg because it has always been a tough match for me and I know their mentality.

"I hope they still have that mentality.

"If he's patient, he will serve this country. I've seen Osimhen play; he has the quality of a good striker; stay around the box, be patient, look for your chance and score.

"And being in Germany affords him the chance [to master his crafts]," he concluded.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4110/nigerians-abroad/2017/06/27/36648112/victor-agali-confident-of-wolfsburgs-osimhen
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 11:47am On Jun 27, 2017
Everton are being extremely smart about Henry Onyekuru
By Subhankar Mondal @Subhankarjourno

Everton have reportedly won the race to sign Henry Onyekuru from Eupen ahead of West Ham United and Arsenal.

Eupen forward Henry Onyekuru is one of the most talented young players in Europe and has been linked with a number of clubs in England in the summer transfer window.
article continues below

The Daily Mail has claimed that West Bromwich Albion have made an enquiry about the 20-year-old, with the same report crediting West Ham United with interest in the youngster.

The Sun has reported of Arsenal’s interest in the Nigeria international, but it seems that Everton have won the race to secure the services of the youngster in the summer transfer window.

According to Nieuwsblad.be, Everton hope to reach an agreement regarding the transfer of Onyekuru from Eupen.

The same report has claimed that the Merseyside outfit would then immediately loan him out to Belgian club Anderlecht.
article continues below

It would certainly be an extremely smart move from Everton manager Ronald Koeman. Onyekuru is a talented and promising young player, but the forward could do with another season of regular playing time in Belgium.

Onyekuru could develop into a superb footballer in the coming years, and by signing him now, Everton are denying the likes of Arsenal and West Ham to get a very promising forward.

Source: http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/06/27/everton-are-being-extremely-smart-about-henry-onyekuru/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by do4luv14(m): 11:51am On Jun 27, 2017
forgiveness:

Wrong pegs in wrong holes.

The coach did not play many of those players in their natural positions.

Ndidi, Iwobi, Iheanacho, Etebor were not played in their natural positions.

The coach just assembled talented players without tactics, formation and experienced players.

let me disagree with you a little based on my point raised on same topic,

indirectly, our guys fails to adapt cause they are played out of position, good, but you keep forgetting that they don't start their footballing in those position,

the field play a part if not am sure they will adapt, or are you saying the DM position was the position NDIDI started playing as a footballer?
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Dedebanky85: 11:59am On Jun 27, 2017
In the next 3 months I expect to see hin with Mohawk with his head fried and all that. Nithing against the hairstyle as I've also worn it in the past but I'm just trying to point something out that Nigerian players tend to lose focus once they've gone abroad especially this newer generation players. I hope Obinna is focused cos I see massive potential in this boy. I really liked his MF combo with Matthews and idowu in Senegal. Talking of Idowu where is that very disciplined number 4. That is too disciplined that I know he could go his whole career without ever scoring a goal but u damn sure not to concede as many.

TheSuperNerd:
Ex Enugu Rangers Star Obinna Nwobodo Turning Heads At Ujpest

Former Enugu Rangers golden boy Obinna Nwobodo has settled down nicely at his new environment at Hungarian side Ujpest, Owngoalnigeria.com can confirm.

Nwobodo completed his move to Ujpest last month, in a deal brokered by Pro/F Sports Nigeria and exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com, he has also settled for a shirt number.

Known for his mesmerising skills, inch perfect passes and goal scoring, he will be wearing shirt number 28 at Ujpest, where he is expected to be one of the stars of the team next season.

The 21 year old is with the team in their pre season camp in Austria, where he has been distinguishing himself in training and other drills by the coaches of the modest Hungarian side.

**Osas Mahawi

Source: http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/06/26/ex-enugu-rangers-star-obinna-nwobodo-turning-heads-at-ujpest/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by PROVERBZ(m): 12:12pm On Jun 27, 2017
henry onyekuru has signed for Everton but will be loaned out to Anderlecht in Belgium which means he could play in the champions league next year

mean while please follow this link and like enyimbas verified account on facebook
https://mobile.facebook.com/enyimbafc/?refid=46&sld=eyJzZWFyY2hfc2lkIjoiMDBmYTc3NTIzNDg2YWJjYjYyNTRjNDBjNzU4OGViMzYiLCJxdWVyeSI6ImVueWltYmEiLCJzZWFyY2hfdHlwZSI6IlNlYXJjaCIsInNlcXVlbmNlX2lkIjoxMzg2NTQ2NDIzLCJwYWdlX251bWJlciI6MSwiZmlsdGVyX3R5cGUiOiJTZWFyY2giLCJlbnRfaWQiOjEzOTg5Mzg4ODQ0MSwicG9zaXRpb24iOjAsInJlc3VsdF90eXBlIjoyNzR9
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:13pm On Jun 27, 2017
#Opponent's watch.... Goal.com edition.

TOO GOOD, TOO BAD: BEST & WORST OF CAMEROON AT THE CONFEDERATIONS CUP

Cameroon’s Confederations Cup campaign is over after the Indomitable Lions crashed out in the first hurdle after taking just one point from their three fixtures. There were some encouraging moments, perhaps, but by and large the African champions failed to build on their continental success earlier this year. Several of Hugo Broos’s players failed to impress, although it wasn’t all bad. In this gallery, Goal review the best and worst of Cameroon’s performers in Russia.

Too Bad, Ernest Mabouka: In fairness to Broos, the plan was never for Mabouka to be a starter at the Confederations Cup, but was only drafted into the first XI after Ambroise Oyongo was injured ahead of the tournament. Offensively, his crossing was refreshing, but at the back, the 29-year-old was found wanting, and was too often Cameroon’s weak link. He conceded a penalty against Australia following a rash tackle, and was dismissed against Germany. The Belgian coach needs better back-up.

Too Good, Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa: He rejected the call-up to the African Cup of Nations squad, but decided to represent the land of his birth after Broos forgave his Afcon snub. The 21-year-old made up for lost time with a series of bright performances, replacing Georges Mandjack in the Lions’ three-man midfield. He scored a fine goal against Australia, could have added a second against Germany, and represents a really encouraging addition to Cameroon’s national pool.

Too Bad, Vincent Aboubakar: The Nations Cup hero found the net against Germany—albeit in vain—in Cameroon’s final group game, but his tournament will be remembered for a fairly hapless display against Australia. The striker missed a hatful of chances—some of which he should surely have buried—when the Indomitable Lions were 1-0 up. They ultimately had to settle for a draw, missing a big opportunity to take a step towards the knockout stages. Will reported Aboubakar suitors Newcastle United still be considering a gamble on the hitman?

Too Good, Fabrice Ondoa: Perhaps the brightest light of Cameroon’s campaign, Ondoa continued to repay Broos’s faith with a series of excellent performances between the sticks for the Indomitable Lions. The stopper has kept his spot between the sticks ahead of cousin Andre Onana, despite his struggles for gametime at club level, but despite conceding six goals, he reaffirmed his class as Africa’s pre-eminent young goalkeeper.

Too Bad, Benjamin Moukandjo: The skipper performed heroics this season for Cameroon—successfully—at the Nations Cup, and for FC Lorient—unsuccessfully—during their battle against Ligue 1 relegation. It was always going to be a big ask for him to deliver a few more inspirational performances, and he fell well short in Russia.
He was subbed in the Lions’ last two matches having struggled to make an impact, and appeared jaded and fatigued. The forward has been linked with a move to Fenerbahce.

Personal Note: I will personally include Christian Bassogog.... as "Too good" also.... that balances the equation of Goal.com's article. wink

Lad showed his qualities and was Cameroun best attacking outlet and threat from the wings. His pace, power and skills are a handful. He may lack the killer punch or finishing or decision making in the final third but he is a terror nonetheless and can cause mayhem if not checked.

Also, Djoum and Siani in midfield are their main men. Anguissa is more advanced. Djoum is possibly Their best passing midfielder.

Source: http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4079/features/2017/06/27/36653342/too-good-too-bad-best-worst-of-cameroon-at-the/benjamin-moukandjo-of-cameroon/6

http://m.goal.com/s/en-ng/news/4079/features/2017/06/27/36653342/too-good-too-bad-best-worst-of-cameroon-at-the
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:23pm On Jun 27, 2017
Newcastle Legend Disappointed With Chelsea Wonderkid For Choosing Swansea City Over The Magpies

Newcastle United legend Micky Quinn has expressed shock over Chelsea striker Tammy Abraham preferring a move to Swansea City ahead of the Magpies.

Quinn believes the Swans do not have the same pedigree as Newcastle United, who have won four top flight titles, six FA Cups, and have an iconic manager in Rafa Benitez who can help him realize his potential.

It has been claimed that Abraham turned down a move to St James' Park because Chelsea were concerned about the city's famous nightlife, but Quinn has disagreed with the player and club.

''I have to say I am extremely disappointed in Tammy Abraham,'' Quinn said in Chronicle Live.

''If he really is set to choose Swansea City over Newcastle United, I would seriously question his decision.

''It shouldn’t take me to tell him that Newcastle is a far bigger football club than Swansea.''

He added : ''This claim that Abraham rejected Newcastle because of the nightlife seems pathetic to me as well.

''It’s a cracking night out in the city, and players should be able to enjoy that - but all in moderation.''

Abraham, 19, is expected to complete his move to the Liberty Stadium after the 2017 European U21 Championship.

**Igho Kingsley
Photo Credit : bcfc.co.uk

Source: http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=23555

(1) (2) (3) ... (1172) (1173) (1174) (1175) (1176) (1177) (1178) ... (16126) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 123jamessmith, Nomyth, dymusty86, Softbreastt, chrisooblog, TheSuperNerd(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.