Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,084 members, 7,811,043 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11601085 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (16123) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by otezu5: 8:54pm On Jan 17, 2017
Row Between Agents Stops City Striker Iheanacho From Signing N120 Million Deal With Nike

Manchester City striker Kelechi Iheanacho has missed out on an endorsement deal with American sportswear giants Nike that would have seen him net a contract worth £200,000 (approximately N120 million).

The kit manufacturers pulled out of the deal because of uncertainty over the identity of his bonafide intermediary, with American-basedFirst Eleven Managementand Stellar Group claiming to be his representative at the same time.

“When Kelechi turned 19, Nike were in the United Kingdom to negotiate a fresh contract with him that would have paid him over 100,000 pounds and another 100,000 pounds in kits and products,” a Nigeria Football Federation insider told
allnigeriasoccer.com.

“Nike set up a meeting but he didn’t attend, so they had to pull out of the deal when they discovered that he breached the contract with his American agent.”

While Iheanacho has claimed that he was introduced to Stellar Group by City teammate Patrick Roberts, who is on loan at Celtic, it is known that some English-based Nigerian agents were the ones that convinced him to tear up his contract withFirst Eleven Management.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21735
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:20pm On Jan 17, 2017
goldfish80:

If the Man city team is ageing that much, why then did Guardiola buy a 30yr old Nolito? And 33yr old Bravo?
On whose lap will you lay the blame in those purchases since its all about age?

I can understand why Pep Bought Bravo due to the longevity of Goal Keeping careers and the ease Bravo suited his ball playing keeper philosophy.

Nolito is a tough one for me. His age does not work for me. That is also why I am totally against the fight for Messi.

Guardiola made young buys like Moreno, Gabriel Jesus and Sane. He is still working on bringing down the average age of the team. I also hope we can land a young keeper who can bring the kind of footwork Bravo brings to the team.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 4:32am On Jan 18, 2017
Am i the only one that thinks that the standard of the AFCON so far is poor?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:37am On Jan 18, 2017
eazyjakes:
I tut dis thread is about super eagles....y so much emphasis on the tactics of man city,Chelsea,arsenal,bayern Munich and the likes of late?....I know it keeps the thread alive bt let's not derail from its original intent!
Simple, Nigeria is not in the nation's cup and is not playing any friendlies, also you would have noticed they really focus on individual Nigerian players in their various clubs so I think we are in line. Otherwise the forum will be practically empty
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 4:40am On Jan 18, 2017
tbaba1234:
Not only you o, I did mention it earlier, the games I have watched so far lacks tactics and coordination. Build up play is so poor that I get uninterested after a short while. maybe the tournament is at an early stage and might get better with time. Just maybe
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:09am On Jan 18, 2017
tbaba1234:

Hahaha! That is typical of the AFCON group stage. Most of these players, especially the nations with numerous foreign pros, were just reassembled less than 2 weeks to kick-off. No time for major friendlies before the cup. Coaches have not gotten their tactics right which is responsible for the numerous boring draws.

It is typical of the 1st group matches of the AFCON. From the second group games watch out as the title contenders will begin to ease out results.

The teams that have impressed me the most in this tourney thus far are Zimbabwe and Morocco. Watching Morocco was like watching Nigeria play; their movements and passes even including their jersey. Mali was also impressive last night.

I am personally in the habit of supporting under dogs in games. So, I have become a great fan of Guinea -Bissau. grin

I wish any of the teams that has never won the AFCON to win it this time: Any of Senegal and Mali. They have always been there trying to rub shoulders with the power houses but nothing to for it. Zambia has left that category, so Mali or Senegal should be next.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 8:12am On Jan 18, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I do. I believe so much in youngsters well groomed, working together over a long time. I believe they would help if Pep gives them the chance. I feel waiting until next season will mean, going through the integration stage next season. He should have started this season. I still feel we did not need to send most of them alone. They should have been training with the team and those standing out slowly drafted into the team.

'Drills' you mean? grin

You believe 'drilling' them in Camp is more exposure than sending them out on loan to get real match action?

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:13am On Jan 18, 2017
tbaba1234:

I disagree, the AFCON so far has been very competitive. Even the teams that lost played very well.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 9:31am On Jan 18, 2017
NFF Rejects Caf’s Request To Host 2017 U-17 Nations Cup

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have turned down a request from the Confederation of African Football, CAF to bail it out and host the 2017 edition of the African U-17 Championship. CAF had last week stripped Madagascar of the right to host the championship even as it had not made any concrete arrangement for another host. A reliable source at the NFF informed Sports Vanguard in Abuja that on Monday the
federation received a letter from the continental body requesting it to bail it out by staging the competition scheduled to take place later in the year.
According to our source who did not want to be mentioned, the NFF who has been battling a nagging financial crunch did not waste time in declining the offer. “Yes we have received a letter from CAF but there is nothing we can do to help them because we know the prevailing situation in the country. The nation is presently in recession and it will be foolish on our part to begin to request the government to venture into
such. In fact that would have presented us in a very bad light before Nigerians.”The executive committee of CAF had met last Thursday in Libreville, Gabon and announced the withdrawal of the hosting right from Madagascar; a development many analysts believe is a way of getting back at the president of the Malagasy Football Federation, Ahmad Ahmad who is the only candidate that will contest the presidency of CAF with the age long incumbent, Issa Haytou. Hayatou a Cameroonian had been in charge of CAF since 1998 and despite a change of its bylaws last September to limit the tenure of its officers, CAF tactically left a window for him run again and if he expectedly wins, will be in
office till 2021.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/nff-rejects-cafs-request-host-u-17-nations-cup/

My comment:

I personally feel the NFF should not have out rightly turned down the request. They could have at least first approached a few Corporate sponsors and or state governments to fund/invest in the fiesta. One or two states should be able to host the tourney. It is not a major tourney like the AFCON. Just 8 participating teams with at least 2 stadiums needed. Some states in Nigeria have up to 2 standard stadiums and there are some that need little funds to get them ready for such a competition. Or two neighboring states can come together and put up the show piece. Eg, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Cross River, Rivers and Bayelsa, Delta and Edo. Lagos state can even single handedly host it. Some of these states already have standard hotel accommodations and transportation system for such a fiesta including other logistics.

AND ULTIMATELY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER CHANCE FOR OUR GOLDEN EAGLETS sad

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:32am On Jan 18, 2017
Where is Joseph1013? No more news about our darling players of late

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Lazyerudite: 9:36am On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have turned down a request from the Confederation of African Football, CAF to bail it out and host the 2017 edition of the African U-17 Championship. CAF had last week stripped Madagascar of the right to host the championship even as it had not made any concrete arrangement for another host. A reliable source at the NFF informed Sports Vanguard in Abuja that on Monday the
federation received a letter from the continental body requesting it to bail it out by staging the competition scheduled to take place later in the year.
According to our source who did not want to be mentioned, the NFF who has been battling a nagging financial crunch did not waste time in declining the offer. “Yes we have received a letter from CAF but there is nothing we can do to help them because we know the prevailing situation in the country. The nation is presently in recession and it will be foolish on our part to begin to request the government to venture into
such. In fact that would have presented us in a very bad light before Nigerians.”The executive committee of CAF had met last Thursday in Libreville, Gabon and announced the withdrawal of the hosting right from Madagascar; a development many analysts believe is a way of getting back at the president of the Malagasy Football Federation, Ahmad Ahmad who is the only candidate that will contest the presidency of CAF with the age long incumbent, Issa Haytou. Hayatou a Cameroonian had been in charge of CAF since 1998 and despite a change of its bylaws last September to limit the tenure of its officers, CAF tactically left a window for him run again and if he expectedly wins, will be in
office till 2021.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/nff-rejects-cafs-request-host-u-17-nations-cup/
Africans and ruling forever, if it is not the Gambia president ruling for 22yrs it will be the Uganda present for 30yrs and now hayatou ruling for so long. Must be remain in power ni. Same with the glass house, you will be surprised how some people have been in that system for so long with practically no input but get paid. Change is the only constant thing

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by goldfish80(m): 10:05am On Jan 18, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I disagree, the AFCON so far has been very competitive. Even the teams that lost played very well.
The facilities in ground gave been world class,unlike what we saw in the past with bumpy pitches in 2013.
The quality of football I've seen have been above average. Even though there have been lots of draws, none gave been boring to watch.
In terms of packaging and all round quality, I rate this tournament better than the 2013 edition we won.
I've enjoyed all the games I've seen so far. It could be boring to people because we are not represented.

Cameroun have been the most impressive this first round.
I think Senegal is overrated. They could have lost their game against Tunisia 6:2 if only the Tunisians managed the hit the target. They opened up Senegal defence at will.
Anyone who didn't watch that game will look at the result and praise Senegal but if you actually watched that game, you will right off this Senegal team.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:32am On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

office till 2021.

My comment:

I personally feel the NFF should not have out rightly turned down the request. They could have at least first approached a few Corporate sponsors and or state governments to fund/invest in the fiesta. One or two states should be able to host the tourney. It is not a major tourney like the AFCON. Just 8 participating teams with at least 2 stadiums needed. Some states in Nigeria have up to 2 standard stadiums and there are some that need little funds to get them ready for such a competition. Or two neighboring states can come together and put up the show piece. Eg, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Cross River, Rivers and Bayelsa, Delta and Edo. Lagos state can even single handedly host it. Some of these states already have standard hotel accommodations and transportation system for such a fiesta including other logistics.

I would have liked this chance, lets not forget Nigeria would then have a chance to win 3 u17's in a row. Uyo and PH should be asked before any decision is made. What i'm not liking lately with the NFF is how quick they make decisions without asking people what they think. This could even give our economy a boost if it is handled the right way.

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 10:33am On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

'Drills' you mean? grin

You believe 'drilling' them in Camp is more exposure than sending them out on loan to get real match action?

I do not get why send Angelino and Maffeo to a team like Girona. Training with the team and getting minutes in the team would have done them a whole lot of good. Unless Guardiola has targets he feels are better than them. Maffeo was impressive against Manchester United in the EFL Cup. He got to that level without games in the top flight.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by daveP(m): 10:35am On Jan 18, 2017
Nff just played a political move of revenge@ u17 hosting.

I commend them for that at least.

IssaMustGo

Like Platini and Blatter

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I would have liked this chance, lets not forget Nigeria would then have a chance to win 3 u17's in a row. Uyo and PH should be asked before any decision is made. What i'm not liking lately with the NFF is how quick they make decisions without asking people what they think. This could even give our economy a boost if it is handled the right way.

Exactly! my brother. The stadiums in Uyo and the New one in PH are fantastic stadiums that can host any African tourney even if it is next month. Plus both states are big spenders and should be able to put up that tourney. It would also boost businesses hence revenues for both states.

If the NFF does not know how to package and market this tourney to the states, I can personally do that for free for them.

I just tire for this NFF. Seems it does not border them that we are not participating in any youth competition this year.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 10:51am On Jan 18, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

I do not get why send Angelino and Maffeo to a team like Girona. Training with the team and getting minutes in the team would have done them a whole lot of good. Unless Guardiola has targets he feels are better than them. Maffeo was impressive against Manchester United in the EFL Cup. He got to that level without games in the top flight.

TheGoodJoe beg forget this Angelino and Maffeo matter small for now.

The NFF was presented an opportunity to host the 2017 CAF U17 and they out rightly and instantaneously turned it down. Let us discuss this one now, now. 'Somebody' 'some where' may be reading.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 11:14am On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

office till 2021.

My comment:

I guess u are not conversant with the politics in most of these football matters ..

This is a political move that I commend the nff for at least.
Issa Hayatou used style to get rid of the man from Nigeria that was a potential threat to his dictatorship @ Amos Adamu.
Now see his again using style to. Make Madagascar look bad cos that's the rival's home ground.
I like this stage play.
Hayatou.... I wish we had some US interventions on CAF like they did to FIFA that say Platini and corrup Blatter exit football

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 11:29am On Jan 18, 2017
krattoss:
I guess u are not conversant with the politics in most of these football matters ..

This is a political move that I commend the nff for at least.
Issa Hayatou used style to get rid of the man from Nigeria that was a potential threat to his dictatorship @ Amos Adamu.
Now see his again using style to. Make Madagascar look bad cos that's the rival's home ground.
I like this stage play.
Hayatou.... I wish we had some US interventions on CAF like they did to FIFA that say Platini and corrup Blatter exit football

Yes you are right. I am not conversant with the current CAF politics and what have you. I recall the Amos Adamu case.

But what ever politics the NFF is playing they should remember our football development is paramount.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
NPFL hotshot Obaje continues overseas search, may now head to Turkey

Godwin Obaje (Left)

by Samm Audu

Monday Jan 16, 2017
The search for a club overseas for Nigeria league hotshot Godwin Obaje will continue after he did not bag a contract at Club Africain of Tunisia and there are now strong indications he will explore possibilities in Turkey.

Last month, a reported deal to Tunisian club Etoile du Sahel for the Wikki Tourists striker first came to nought.

A high-profile move to top Russian club Spartak Moscow had also crashed.

“Godwin is now looking at considering some offers he has in Turkey,” a source informed AfricanFootball.com

"He's now back in Nigeria from Tunisia."

Last NPFL season, Obaje fired 18 goals to help Wikki finish third in the championship.

Over the years, NPFL hotshots have cashed in on their goals to move overseas - Gbolahan Salami moved to Finland and Emem Eduok transferred to Esperance of Tunisia.

http://africanfootball.com/news/679131/NPFL-hotshot-Obaje-continues-overseas-search-may-now-head-to-Turkey

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria league hotshot Obaje's Turkish deal hangs in balance

Godwin Obaje

by Samm Audu

Nigeria league hotshot Godwin Obaje may be forced to return to the domestic championship as his latest attempt to move to Turkey is hanging in the balance.

Obaje netted 18 goals last season to finish as Goal King of the NPFL, but his search for an overseas deal has so far not yielded the desired result.

“He now hopes to try his luck in Turkey, but there are no guarantees even for that route as one of the interested clubs there have reportedly pulled out of the chase, while another club are weighing their various options of which he is only one of many strikers they are considering,” a top source informed.

“It may be that he may have to come back and play in the league here.”

Obaje was first not given a contract at top Russian club Spartak Moscow.

He then appeared to have signed for Tunisian club Etoile du Sahel, who later pulled the plug on the transfer.

His latest attempt to play abroad was scuttled after another Tunisian club, Club Africain, announced they will not be signing him along with Enugu Rangers star forward Chisom Egbuchulam.

http://africanfootball.com/news/679865/Nigeria-league-hotshot-Obajes-Turkish-deal-hangs-in-balance

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
High-flying Onyekuru targets historic Belgian Cup final

Onyekuru of Eupen - He is seeking cup glory with his modest Belgian club

Nigerian youngster Henry Onyekuru has said he hopes to propel AS Eupen to create history by reaching the Belgian Cup final for the first time when they face Zulte-Waregem in a semi-final first leg today.

Onyekuru, who has been in superb form for his club, said his mind is set on scoring goals in the game so as to go step further to actualise his dream of cup glory.

"I am looking forward to start the 2017 with goal, we are ready for the semi-final of the cup and I am looking forward to help my team get to the historic final. Getting goals in the game and victory are my targets," Onyekuru said.

Promoted Eupen are holding their own in the Belgian top flight as they are now 13th on the table with 20 points after 21 matches.

Today’s opponents Zulte-Waregem, who have Nigeria international Kingsley Madu, are third in the standings with 40 points, just three points behind leaders Club Brugge.

By Olusola Alao

http://africanfootball.com/news/679776/High-flying-Onyekuru-targets-historic-Belgian-Cup-http://africanfootball.com/news/679776/High-flying-Onyekuru-targets-historic-Belgian-Cup-final

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
Everton targets Manchester City’s Adarabioyo

[img]https://1.bp..com/-gdcpI26RtI0/WH7ShGYWkfI/AAAAAAAACtY/FtoPyJIkfQUVzokG04JMcNdSE8U7Q0QOQCLcB/s1600/Adarabioyo.jpg[/img]

Everton are understood to have made a move for Manchester City starlet, Tosin Adarabioyo, whose contract talks with the club he joined as a five-year old have stalled.

England-born Nigerian defender Tosin Adarabioyo is set to dump Manchester City and join Ademola Lookman at Evertonafter contract talks with City hit a brick wall.

The 19-year old is highly regarded at the Etihad Stadium, and is seen as a future Manchester City star, but with only six months left of his current contract, they could lose him this month.

And already, Everton are preparing a formal offer for the England Under-19 international before this month’s transfer deadline, the Daily Mail reports.

The central defender has just six months to run on his existing contract but talks over an extension are well underway, however, the two parties have hit a hitch, as discussions have now hit an impasse with no resolution in sight, though both parties are keeping an open mind regarding a possible new deal the report claims.

Adarabioyo will be available for free in the summer if a deal isn’t agreed with City, although they will be entitled to a compensation fee, while he could also move this month for a minimal fee.

It is believed that Everton are planning to take advantage of the failed contract negotiations this month with an offer to take the defender before January 31, but the Tofees could face competition from Tottenham, Celtic and Leicester, who all also reported to be keen on the teenager - but Everton’s interest is understood to be much more advanced.

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/everton-targets-manchester-citys.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Iwobi can go much higher - Wenger

[img]https://4.bp..com/-jLc1jV54Wk0/WH7Ugy2PSpI/AAAAAAAACtk/x4a7CZw8dHkRPEXU_uqin2-PO3WkQxy5wCLcB/s1600/Arsene-Wenger.jpg[/img]

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger was delighted with Alex Iwobi's impact duringArsenal's 4-0 win over Swanseaon Saturday, and insists there is much more to come from the academy graduate.

Iwobi was heavily involved in Arsenal's three second-half goals at Swansea, seeing two efforts deflected in for own goals, then starting the move which led to the fourth for Alexis.

"He is more and more comfortable in the team. But I think Alex Iwobi, above all his talent, is a guy who has a fantastic team attitude.

"He is gaining in confidence as well. You could see overall that he develops very well. If he keeps that kind of spirit he has at the moment, he can go much higher up. That's my wish."

Iwobi made his Premier League debut in the corresponding fixture last season, and the youngster has gone from strength to strength ever since.

The manager was also pleased with the defensive performance, after Arsenal kept their first Premier League clean sheet on the road since beating Burnley 1-0.

"When it was 4-0 you always think 'can we maintain our defensive focus, and our absolute desire not to concede a goal?'

"We have seen we can score goals. We were 3-0 down at Bournemouth and we came back, so that's seven goals in our last two away games, and on top of that we didn't concede today, so that's good for the confidence of the defenders."

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/iwobi-can-go-much-higher-wenger.html

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Iheanacho begins training with City ahead Spurs clash

[img]https://3.bp..com/-6Ym6pQo2a5w/WH7OTpVkDsI/AAAAAAAACs4/aON5-awOEO4w4Pm5oWB38nvnkZ7U-rl6QCLcB/s1600/Iheanacho-Training.jpg[/img]

Kelechi Iheanacho and his Manchester City teammates are back in training to plot the downfall of their next opponent in the Premier League, Tottenham Hotspur.

City had a nightmare in their last outing away to Everton as they were beaten blackand blue by the Toffees. But they have since shaken that off as they hope to get back on track with a good result against the high-flying Spurs teams who are enjoying a good run at the moment.

Dressed in their new Nike Strike training wear, Pep Guardiola put Manchester City through their paces as they gear up for Saturday's showdown with Spurs.

Fernandinho, Iheanacho, and John Stones were the lucky trio who were first to don the latest training ground attire, as they put it through its paces as part of the big reveal.

If City can dig out a win against Spurs this weekend, they would be able to go level on points with the North London team

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/iheanacho-begins-training-with-city.html

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
Everton Rising Star Lookman Not Thinking About Nigeria – I’m Happy Representing England

Everton rave of the moment Ademola Lookman says he is happy representing the English national team, in his first interview since his goal scoring debut in Everton’s 4-1 thrashing of Manchester City.

According to online reports there has been interest from Nigeria on holding talks with the talented 19 year old, who has represented England at various youth level to switch to Nigeria at senior level, but it appears those speculations are way off the mark.

Lookman on his part, while speaking on what prepared him for the goal scoring debut he had, pointed out the experience he had with the English youth team as one which prepared him for life in the Premier League.

” I have progressed a lot the last few years, I have a very sweet experience at Charlton, learning and working my way up, which I believe is why am at Everton”, Lookman said.

” Playing for England U19s has also helped my career a lot. It got me exposed and there’s a whole joy that comes from playing international football, something I experienced with England”.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/17/everton-rising-star-lookman-not-thinking-about-nigeria-im-happy-representing-england/

cc: Forgiveness
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2017
Mikel Has More Medals Than You – Chelsea Fans Attack Ex Liverpool Ace Carragher Over Comments On Mikel’s Move

Former Liverpool midfielder Jamie Carragher has come under attacks from fans of Chelsea after suggesting that he has a chance of making a move to China if he comes out of retirement if Mikel can get a move there.

The comments were in respond to a post from Bleacher reporter, where the now retired star was reported to have come out of retirement to move, and announced his intentions to Chinese teams.

See tweet and response from Chelsea fans.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/18/mikel-has-more-medals-than-you-chelsea-fans-attack-ex-liverpool-ace-carragher-over-comments-on-mikels-move/

See more tweets below-:

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
Revealed – Real Reason Why Spurs Let Nigerian Wonderkid Musa Yahaya Leave White Hart Lane For FC Porto

FC Porto summer signing Musa Yahaya was reportedly sold by English Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur due to issues other than his performances on the pitch.

Owngoalnigeria.com gathered that the 19 year old was sold by Spurs to Portimonense of Portugal where he spent the second half of last season on loan, before Portiminense traded him to Porto this summer.

His transfer from Portimonense to FC Porto, which was exclusively reported by Owngoalnigeria.com was made possible after Spurs discovered that his contract with them was leaked to the press.

Spurs had a pre-contract agreement with his nursery team Mutunchi Academy for the Nigeria youth international to join them when he turned 18, but they were shocked to see details of his contract leaked on social media and online website.

The leak breached the confidentiality that was suppose to surround the deal, since Yahaya was under-18, Spurs in turn had to made do by selling him off quickly to recoup their investment in him.

Yahaya who trained with the B team of Spurs severally before he was sold joined Spurs for a fee of around £350,000 but was sold for £250,000 to Portuguese second division side Portimonense.

Portimonense however sold him to FC Porto three months later for a fee in the region of £650,000 according to various reports gathered by Owngoalnigeria.com.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/18/revealed-real-reason-why-spurs-let-nigerian-wonderkid-musa-yahaya-leave-white-hart-lane-for-fc-porto/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
Croatian Club Istra Send Former Flying Eagles Ace Packing Six Months After Transfer

Former Nigeria U-20 left back Jamilu Collins has been released by Croatian top division side NK Istra, Owngoalnigeria.com understands.

Collins joined the team on a full transfer from fellow Croatian side HNK Rijeka but despite making 11 appearances in the first stanza of the league, the 22 year old has been declared surplus to requirements at the club.

He has been in Croatia since 2013 when he joined Rijeka from Football Academy Abuja, and so far aside game time while out on loan, he is yet to play for the main team of Rijeka in the Portuguese league.

Istra signed him after a season on loan to second division side Sibenik but prior to that time he has also endured loan spells with Krka in Slovenia and Promorac in Croatia as well.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/18/croatian-club-istra-send-former-flying-eagles-ace-packing-six-months-after-transfer/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Gent Coach Thumbs Up Rabiu Ibrahim – He Is Like A New Signing

Head coach of Belgian side Gent Hein Vanhaezebrouck has praised the performances of Rabiu Ibrahim in his club winter camping exercise in Spain.

25 year old Ibrahim joined the Belgian side in the summer to fortify the midfield of the team but he made only three appearances in the first half of the season.

Rabiu Ibrahim was booed off the pitch in his first start by fans of the team, but true to his promise during a chat with Owngoalnigeria.com, it appears he is truly set to take the league by storm this year.

” He’s more suited to our style of play now, and he now understands the physical side of the game better. If he maintains this form when the league resumes, he will be like a new signing for us”, Vanhaezebrouck said on Rabiu Ibrahim.

The Nigerian is one of four Nigerians at the club with Moses Simon, William Troost Ekong and Samuel Kalu completing the list.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/18/gent-coach-thumbs-up-rabiu-ibrahim-he-is-like-a-new-signing/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:11pm On Jan 18, 2017
Chelsea Make Shock Move For New “Victor Moses”

In what could be one of the strangest links in a while, it seems that Chelsea are sniffing around the possibility of signing Middlesbrough flyer and general all round unpredictable footballer Adam Traore.

The player was a star at youth level for Barcelona and was considered a major coup for Aston Villa when he signed for them at the start of last season. For obvious reasons, the then 19-year-old struggled to make an impact at Villa Park but his blistering pace has clearly caught the eye of the Chelsea boss.

Traore would undoubtedly be nothing more than a squad player for the Blues but Conte is known for getting the best out of players others struggle to nurture and he may see the Boro winger a perfect fit for his current squad as a back up to Victor Moses.

Moses is presently the only right wing back at Chelsea, a situation which could hurt their title aspirations but any deal for Traore won’t be for this season as he has already represented two teams this season in Aston Villa and Middlesbrough, meaning his potential signing could be a back up plan for next season.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2017/01/18/chelsea-make-shock-move-for-new-victor-moses/

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (16123) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: elyte89, TheSuperNerd(m), charlesemeka85(m) and 13 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.