Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

"The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup - Sports (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup (11606633 Views)

Cameroon's Douala Stadium Artificial Grassfield For AFCON 2019 Stolen / Super Eagles Arrive In Uyo, Train Ahead Of Their AFCON 2019 Qualifier (Pictures) / AFCON 2019: Nigeria To Battle South Africa For A Place (Full Draws) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (16124) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:17pm On Jan 18, 2017

Why Okocha is my Idol - Mario Gomez

[img]https://3.bp..com/-MbPs3A8lKkQ/WH7QKGIcxjI/AAAAAAAACtE/LcMQoP_HeEIDk01niwbwavypwp1DmUhPACLcB/s1600/Okocha.jpg[/img]

Germany striker, Mario Gomez, has sensationally picked soccer legend Austin Jay-Jay Okocha as his idol even as he gave an inside brief on how his career waspositively affected by the former Nigeria Captain.

Writing on The Players' Tribune, Gomez talked about his career in football and the former Nigeria international had a huge mention for his influence.

The 31-year old said: I didn’t like watching football on TV. It was always so boring to me. Why sit in front of the screen, when you could go outside and play the game for real?

“Papi, let’s go outside!” I’d say, tugging on his arm. “Let’s play!” One evening when I was about seven or eight, he had finally had enough. Instead of shooing me away, he sat me down right next to him.

“I want you to see this, Mario. Just watch.”

“Nooooo! It’s boring.”

"My father pointed at the television, “Look! There! Right now!” When I looked up, there was an Eintracht Frankfurt player on the screen.

"He dribbled the ball around the other team’s goalkeeper, then around a defender, and then around another defender - just toying with them - until he chipped it easily into the goal.

“Woahhhhhh,” I said. “What did he just do?”

“See?” my father said. “That’s Jay-Jay Okocha. And there’s no one else like him.”

"From that moment, I dreamed of playing like Jay-Jay. He was my idol. The way he moved the ball - he was like an artist. He did things with a ball I couldn’t even imagine.

"And after seeing that dribble and that goal, I watched the highlights with my father every Sunday. I even started watching matches with him as well."

http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2017/01/why-okocha-is-my-idol-mario-gomez.html

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria: Eagles Won't Take Seychelles, Libya Lightly - Yusuf

By Mansur Abubakar

Super Eagles Chief Coach Salisu Yusuf says the senior national team will accord 2019 African Cup of Nations qualifying opponents Libya and Seychelles the same respect it will give perennial rivals South Africa as far as the race for Cameroun is concerned.

In a chat with Daily Trust, the former Kano Pillars boss added that the team will do its utmost best to avoid past mistakes which led to the three-time AFCON winners missing out on the last two tournaments.

"It will be a grave mistake to look down on Seychelles or Libya because in football any team could shock you, we will treat all teams with respect and by the grace of God we'll be in Cameroun for the next AFCON tournament," Yusuf said.

Nigeria will begin their qualifying campaign for the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with a Group E home fixture against 1996 winners Bafana Bafana in June 2017.

According to the full fixtures released by the Confederation of African Football, the match against South Africa will come up between June 5-13, 2017.

The qualifying series will take a nine month break before resuming in March 2018. And on match-day two, Gernot Rohr's team will travel to Victoria where they will be guests of Seychelles. The encounter is scheduled for between March 19 and 27 2018.

The Eagles will be involved in a double header against Libya between September 3 and 11. First, they will host the Libyans at home and a couple of days later will travel to Tripoli for the reverse fixture.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201701180515.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
daveP:
Nff just played a political move of revenge@ u17 hosting.

I commend them for that at least.

IssaMustGo

Like Platini and Blatter

We should stay off the Politics if hosting the tourney will benefit our youngsters. We gain exposing our youngsters and a chance to send our young players to the U17 World Cup. I do nit see why we should gamble with such opportunity.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
Nigeria: Iwobi Delighted With Man of the Match Performance Against Swansea

By Mansur Abubakar

Super Eagles and Arsenal forward Alex has expressed delight over his performance at the Liberty Stadium on Saturday where his English Premier League club walloped Swansea City 4-0 to return to winning ways.

The player was directly responsible for two of Arsenal's four goals on the day which earned him man of the match in a match the London side desperately needed three points in order to maintain their push for a first EPL title since 2004.

"Introducing, your man of the match against Swansea, well played." The United Kingdom born player retweeted after his club had written the words on their page.

Iwobi kept his place in the starting lineup despite the return of Mesut Ozil but this time around, he started on the flanks as opposed to previous games where he has played in the role behind the striker.

However the change of role didn't affect his impact on the game as he forced Jack Cork and Kyle Naughton into scoring own goals in the 54th and 67th minute respectively.

He also played a part in the fourth goal scored by Alexis Sanchez, it was his well weighted pass to Alex Oxlade Chamberlain that priced open the Swansea defence before Chamberlain set up Sanchez for the gunners fourth.

After the game, he was deservedly awarded the man of the match award, his first for the year after recently crowned best young footballer in Africa.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201701180523.html
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:23pm On Jan 18, 2017
krattoss:
I guess u are not conversant with the politics in most of these football matters ..

This is a political move that I commend the nff for at least.
Issa Hayatou used style to get rid of the man from Nigeria that was a potential threat to his dictatorship @ Amos Adamu.
Now see his again using style to. Make Madagascar look bad cos that's the rival's home ground.
I like this stage play.
Hayatou.... I wish we had some US interventions on CAF like they did to FIFA that say Platini and corrup Blatter exit football

The Politics is not in favor of our young players. Why support the Politics and not creating a chance for our youngsters.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:29pm On Jan 18, 2017
AFCON: Nigeria’s non-qualification affecting football development — Fans

Benin – Football enthusiasts in Benin say that Nigeria’s non qualification for two consecutive editions of the Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) is “inimical’’ to the growth of the game. The stakeholders made the assertion while reacting to the standard of play at the ongoing AFCON in Gabon in interviews on Wednesday in Benin.

They lamented that not only have Nigeria’s non-qualification affected the country’s rating and the business aspect of the sport but has also denied the players individual and team laurels.

The fans urged the national team players to assuage the fans disappointment because of the non-qualification by securing qualification for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

According to the Edo Football Association (FA) Chairman, Frank Ilaboya, it is a pity that Nigeria is unable to secure qualification since it lifted the cup in South Africa, 2013.

He, however, said that the team must be supported to qualify for 2018 World Cup in Russia.

“It is quite painful that as the giant of Africa, we have been missing from the two last editions of the Africa World Cup. It is really a pity that we are not in Gabon.

“For me, I think it is a good moment for us to think about the future development of the game.
“The Super Eagles are doing so well now and Nigerians need to rally round them for them to earn a World Cup slot in 2018,’’ he said.

Edema Foludu, a former Super Eagles star, urged the Eagles to use the disappointment of not qualifying for the Nation’s Cup to propel the country to World Cup in 2018.

He said that their non-qualification for the AFCON was largely responsible for why the country lost in the individual awards during the Glo CAF award night in January 2017 in Abuja.

The former Nigeria international said that the country’s absence at the Africa football fiesta was economically not good for the growth of the game.
According to him, we have large football following and the country is also losing out on points by missing out in AFCON.

“Our non-qualification can be said to be part of the reason why other Africa countries outshined us during the Glo CAF award in Abuja.
’’Also, a journalist and football analyst, Joshua Obadan, appealed to the concerned authority to play its part to ensure Nigeria qualified for the next edition of AFCON.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/afcon-nigerias-non-qualification-affecting-football-development-fans/
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:31pm On Jan 18, 2017
TheGoodJoe:

The Politics is in favor of our young players. Why support the Politics and not creating a chance for our youngsters.

Infact I was so pissed when I read that news this morning. Imagine a Golden opportunity to rewrite our wrong and the NFF sacrifices it for yeye CAF politics. angry I still dey vex. angry

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:33pm On Jan 18, 2017
Arsenal Wonderkid Nwakali Named Player Of The Week In The Netherlands

Nigeria U20 international Kelechi Nwakali has been named the most outstanding player in the Dutch Eerste Divisie for the last round of matches.

Celebrated football magazine Voetbal International has picked the best three players that were in action, with the Flying Eagles skipper and MVV Maastricht teammate Alessandro Ciranni awarded the highest mark, eight out of a possible ten.

In addition, Nwakali was included in the Team of the Week, and occupied the left side of the attack in a 4-3-3 formation.

“Once he was the star of an African youth tournament. Arsenal picked him up and Londoners have sent their talented Nigerian for a season in Maastricht, ” VI wrote.

“Nwakali gives MVV something extra. Everyone sees the qualities of Nwakali. ”

Kelechi Nwakali, 18, has started eight of the last nine games contested by MVV Maastricht in the Dutch second-tier.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4755973_nwakali_jpegcdbd9cad6c3bcef2820d40e77521e124

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:36pm On Jan 18, 2017
Etebo Available For Proposed Friendly Vs Senegal, Reveals Return Date

CD Feirense attacking midfielder Oghenekaro Etebo has been told by his club’s medical team to rest the minor injury he sustained against Vitória Guimarães for two weeks.

This information will be sweet music to the ears of Super Eagles coach Rohr ahead of the proposed friendly against Senegal at the end of March, with earlier speculations in the media claiming that he would be out of action for months.

“I am very okay, it is just a slight knock and I am just resting for two weeks. It is nothing serious, ” Etebo told allnigeriasoccer.com.

The 2016 Olympic Games star lasted the distance in Nigeria’s last competitive fixture, a World Cup qualifier against Algeria in March.

Etebo netted on his full debut for the Super Eagles in March 2016.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21758

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:38pm On Jan 18, 2017
Official : Son Of Former Nigeria International Selected By Atlanta United In MLS

Atlanta United selected American-born midfielder of Nigerian descent Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu as the second pick in round three of the 2017 MLS SuperDraft on Tuesday.

Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu, 22, joins the Major League Soccer newcomers from Harvard University.

He recorded 64 appearances, including 61 starts, scoring 4 goals (6 assists) while defending the colours of Harvard University and was captain of the team during his junior year.

His father represented the youth team of Nigeria while his grandfather played for the senior national team of the African powerhouse.

Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu is a native of Massachusetts.

Igho Kingsley

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21754

CC: The veteran Icon of experience Sir Icon4s, Kog45, Forgiveness, and other elderly elders in the house, please confirm gringrin

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
Breaking- Exclusive: Super Eagles Midfielder Raheem Lawal Agrees Deal With Kayserispor

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria international Raheem Lawal has agreed a loan deal with Turkish Super Lig club Kayserispor.

The Osmanlıspor midfielder has signed a five-month contract that will see him remain on loan at Kayserispor until the end of the 2016-2017 season.

Lawal was on the radar of Kayserispor since the opening of the transfer window but the transfer was delayed because the president of Osmanlıspor failed to sanction the move until now.

The 26-year-old numbers Atlético Baleares, Adana Demirspor, Mersin İdmanyurdu and Eskişehirspor among his former clubs.

This season, he has recorded 14 appearances in all competitions for Osmanlıspor, including nine games in the Europa League and qualifiers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21757

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Food for thought; Have we found a substantive backup for Karl Ikeme

House that is my problem for now.....

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
Oliseh Pleased Despite Fortuna Sittard Friendly Draw

By Johnny Edward:

Fortuna Sittard manager Sunday Oliseh insists his team's performance against Dutch fourth-tier club SV Meerssen was impressive despite playing a 2-2 draw in a friendly game on Tuesday.

Sjoerd Ars and Jorrit Smeets were on target for Fortuna Sittard as they came back from two goals to earn a draw.

The Nigerian coach was also pleased to see his new arrivals get some minutes in the encounter ahead of Friday's Dutch second division league clash at home against Telstar at the Fortuna Sittard Stadium.

"It was good game and I'm pleased that everyone could play football for 45 minutes," Oliseh told the club's website after the game.

"We need this test game to keep us in good shape for the next game."

Oliseh is confident his side can still finish in the top half of the Dutch second division log if they take their chances.

Read more at http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/oliseh-pleased-despite-fortuna-sittard-friendly-draw/#Kf6jB8hi7B27zxle.99
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by terzurum5(m): 4:51pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hull talking with Fenerbahce over Emenike

Hull City have made an enquiry for Fenerbahce striker, Emmanuel Emenike, a source close to the Istanbul giants revealed to Turkish-Football.com.

The Tigers want Emenike on a loan but Fenerbahce are keen on a permanent move for the Nigerian international.
Fenerbahce manager Dick Advocaat has told Emenike that he is free to leave over the January transfer window.

Emenike is no stranger to Premier League football having spent last season on loan at West Ham.
The powerful striker struggled at the Hammers scoring just four times in 19 appearances.

Emenike also has experience playing top tier football in Turkey, Russia playing for Fenerbahce and Spartak Moscow.
The 29-year-old, who has scored seven goals and has four assists for Fenerbahce in 20 appearances this season, is keen on a return to the Premier League and Hull City have been struggling for goals this season.

The Tigers are currently in 18th place and have scored just 20 goals in the Premier League this season. Only Middlesbrough have found the back of the net fewer times than Hull City (17).

http://thenationonlineng.net/hull-talking-fenerbahce-emenike/

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
terzurum5:
Official : Son Of Former Nigeria International Selected By Atlanta United In MLS

Atlanta United selected American-born midfielder of Nigerian descent Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu as the second pick in round three of the 2017 MLS SuperDraft on Tuesday.

Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu, 22, joins the Major League Soccer newcomers from Harvard University.

He recorded 64 appearances, including 61 starts, scoring 4 goals (6 assists) while defending the colours of Harvard University and was captain of the team during his junior year.

His father represented the youth team of Nigeria while his grandfather played for the senior national team of the African powerhouse.

Andrew Wheeler-Omiunu is a native of Massachusetts.

Igho Kingsley

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21754

CC: The veteran Icon of experience Sir Icon4s, Kog45, Forgiveness, and other elderly elders in the house, please confirm gringrin

Wheeler Omiunu...

wait let me scan through the list..

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Icon4s(m): 4:55pm On Jan 18, 2017
terzurum5:
Breaking- Exclusive: Super Eagles Midfielder Raheem Lawal Agrees Deal With Kayserispor

Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Nigeria international Raheem Lawal has agreed a loan deal with Turkish Super Lig club Kayserispor.

The Osmanlıspor midfielder has signed a five-month contract that will see him remain on loan at Kayserispor until the end of the 2016-2017 season.

Lawal was on the radar of Kayserispor since the opening of the transfer window but the transfer was delayed because the president of Osmanlıspor failed to sanction the move until now.

The 26-year-old numbers Atlético Baleares, Adana Demirspor, Mersin İdmanyurdu and Eskişehirspor among his former clubs.

This season, he has recorded 14 appearances in all competitions for Osmanlıspor, including nine games in the Europa League and qualifiers.

Ifeanyi Emmanuel

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21757

This one na so-so Eastern Europe he dey go.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2017

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:20pm On Jan 18, 2017
tbaba1234:
Highlights of Kelechi Nwakali in his last game...

http://www.facebook.com/mvvmaastrichtofficial/videos/1234676523276714/?pnref=story

Fantastic post. Kelechi Nwakali has a touch of Pastore in his play. Hope the young man keeps growing.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by TheGoodJoe(m): 5:21pm On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

Infact I was so pissed when I read that news this morning. Imagine a Golden opportunity to rewrite our wrong and the NFF sacrifices it for yeye CAF politics. angry I still dey vex. angry

This is what happens when the football administrators act as Politicians instead of the developers of the game in the country.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:
NFF Rejects Caf’s Request To Host 2017 U-17 Nations Cup

THE Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) may have turned down a request from the Confederation of African Football, CAF to bail it out and host the 2017 edition of the African U-17 Championship. CAF had last week stripped Madagascar of the right to host the championship even as it had not made any concrete arrangement for another host. A reliable source at the NFF informed Sports Vanguard in Abuja that on Monday the
federation received a letter from the continental body requesting it to bail it out by staging the competition scheduled to take place later in the year.
According to our source who did not want to be mentioned, the NFF who has been battling a nagging financial crunch did not waste time in declining the offer. “Yes we have received a letter from CAF but there is nothing we can do to help them because we know the prevailing situation in the country. The nation is presently in recession and it will be foolish on our part to begin to request the government to venture into
such. In fact that would have presented us in a very bad light before Nigerians.”The executive committee of CAF had met last Thursday in Libreville, Gabon and announced the withdrawal of the hosting right from Madagascar; a development many analysts believe is a way of getting back at the president of the Malagasy Football Federation, Ahmad Ahmad who is the only candidate that will contest the presidency of CAF with the age long incumbent, Issa Haytou. Hayatou a Cameroonian had been in charge of CAF since 1998 and despite a change of its bylaws last September to limit the tenure of its officers, CAF tactically left a window for him run again and if he expectedly wins, will be in
office till 2021.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/nff-rejects-cafs-request-host-u-17-nations-cup/

My comment:

I personally feel the NFF should not have out rightly turned down the request. They could have at least first approached a few Corporate sponsors and or state governments to fund/invest in the fiesta. One or two states should be able to host the tourney. It is not a major tourney like the AFCON. Just 8 participating teams with at least 2 stadiums needed. Some states in Nigeria have up to 2 standard stadiums and there are some that need little funds to get them ready for such a competition. Or two neighboring states can come together and put up the show piece. Eg, Akwa-Ibom and Rivers, Akwa-Ibom and Cross River, Rivers and Bayelsa, Delta and Edo. Lagos state can even single handedly host it. Some of these states already have standard hotel accommodations and transportation system for such a fiesta including other logistics.

AND ULTIMATELY THIS COULD HAVE BEEN ANOTHER CHANCE FOR OUR GOLDEN EAGLETS sad

SMH...
Which kain officials we get for that glass house. De no de reason, de can't think outside d box, de lack negotiation skills, n so on.

They could have kept d offer waiting while de speak/negotiate with Akwa Ibom n Rivers state gov(this two states have a good pitch that have little to no need for refurbishment) and with some couples of private sponsors(I'm sure ppl like Ubah will love to help n im get stadium too)-n the hosting is a done deal.

What a wasted opportunity to grace d global stage of football!.

Well I no blame dem de never plan t n d sport minister wey we get sef na clown.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 18, 2017
FIFA is proposing to abolish the offside rule, penalty shoot outs, and yellow cards...
http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4400/fifa-world-cup/2017/01/18/31676832/no-offside-no-yellow-cards-and-the-five-craziest-potential
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by AIG07: 5:52pm On Jan 18, 2017
BascoVanVeli:

I would have liked this chance, lets not forget Nigeria would then have a chance to win 3 u17's in a row. Uyo and PH should be asked before any decision is made. What i'm not liking lately with the NFF is how quick they make decisions without asking people what they think. This could even give our economy a boost if it is handled the right way.
it's annoying.

So, Nigeria can no longer pull resources together to host a 'CADET' tournament. I wonder how rich Niger was before de hosted 8nations in d 2013 edition.

2 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by jotey(m): 5:56pm On Jan 18, 2017
CFCman:
FIFA is proposing to abolish the offside rule, penalty shoot outs, and yellow cards...
http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4400/fifa-world-cup/2017/01/18/31676832/no-offside-no-yellow-cards-and-the-five-craziest-potential
all this peeps wan destroy football o

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
terzurum5:

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by tbaba1234: 6:09pm On Jan 18, 2017
Team of the week, Dutch second division.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by lakesidepapa(m): 6:13pm On Jan 18, 2017
Lazyerudite:

Not only you o, I did mention it earlier, the games I have watched so far lacks tactics and coordination. Build up play is so poor that I get uninterested after a short while. maybe the tournament is at an early stage and might get better with time. Just maybe

It's about physical and ballooning football so far, most of the coaches are foreign and most of them don't understand africa football.
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:15pm On Jan 18, 2017
terzurum5:
[sub][/sub][img][/img]
Yes very serious issue that need attention but Rohr should focus on Nigeria league for reliable goalkeepers.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Kog45(m): 6:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
Icon4s:

Wheeler Omiunu...

wait let me scan through the list..
Pls do so and unravel ex international Omiunu
Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 18, 2017
CFCman:

That New FIFA President is the definition of Goat head...What's all this Rubbish?

On my campus there are tons of Soccer tournaments going on but if you are an Athlete, you are ineligible to play so I do play with my teammates and friends in the off-season...You see strikers Joking with the Goalkeeper only to lash on a clearance from the other half, sprint and smash it to the top corner...Imagine the likes of Lukaku outpacing defenders for fun or Aguero master of first touch finishes.

How do you even abolish penalties...Players like pogba will be choking players up and down the penalty box or is it Abolishing yellow cards so Niggas like Costa can increase their insanity.

And I had High hopes for this new FIFA President, let them go find better proposals Abeg.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by joseph1013: 7:53pm On Jan 18, 2017
tbaba1234:
Highlights of Kelechi Nwakali in his last game...

http://www.facebook.com/mvvmaastrichtofficial/videos/1234676523276714/?pnref=story
WOW...he's having a lot of fun in this team. Just imagine if he is not allowed to go on loan because someone wants to be 'drilling' him. grin

4 Likes

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
Brightwood:

That New FIFA President is the definition of Goat head...What's all this Rubbish?

On my campus there are tons of Soccer tournaments going on but if you are an Athlete, you are ineligible to play so I do play with my teammates and friends in the off-season...You see strikers Joking with the Goalkeeper only to lash on a clearance from the other half, sprint and smash it to the top corner...Imagine the likes of Lukaku outpacing defenders for fun or Aguero master of first touch finishes.

How do you even abolish penalties...Players like pogba will be choking players up and down the penalty box or is it Abolishing yellow cards so Niggas like Costa can increase their insanity.

And I had High hopes for this new FIFA President, let them go find better proposals Abeg.

Marco Van Basten, FIFA's head of tech, is claiming that abolishing the offside rule would make the game more exciting, as it had been done in field hockey. Yellow cards would be replaced with a system whereby a player is ejected after committing 5 or 6 fouls, just as its been done in basketball.

I'm not for abolishing yellow cards though, thats a bit extreme. 3 yellow cards, instead of 2, should lead to a sending off.

1 Like

Re: "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 18, 2017
CFCman:

Marco Van Basten, FIFA's head of tech, is claiming that abolishing the offside rule would make the game more exciting, as it had been done in field hockey. Yellow cards would be replaced with a system whereby a player is ejected after committing 5 or 6 fouls, just as its been done in basketball.

I'm not for abolishing yellow cards though, thats a bit extreme. 3 yellow cards, instead of 2, should lead to a sending off.

Abolishing the offside rule is asking to see ridiculous scorelines like Man utd 7 0 Burnley.

3 yellow cards will cause more dangerous tackles and less clear cut chances so it will make the game more boring.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (16124) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: TheSuperNerd(m), Psittacus(m), do4luv14(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.