Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

Transport And Haulage Business - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Transport And Haulage Business (106819 Views)

Partnership In Transport And Haulage Business / Transport And Haulage Under Nnpc Retail. / Servicing The Transport And Haulage Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jun 05, 2011
harakiri:

All sounds good but what i see and hear in the real world is a different ball game.

I hear you bro, you are damn right ,its a differrent ball game alright, drivers swearing on thier childrens name and lying at the same time, terrible people i tell ya, tire bust today , engine knocked tomorrow , fuel pump next and so on, you are even even lucky if you see your truck in a week, money down the drain, yeye people
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Adema: 1:21am On Jun 06, 2011
Hello All,

It's quite interesting reading a lot of post, comments and contributions on haulage business.I must confess, it's quite interesting, as it is different strokes for different folks.
While many get it right, many others don't and this are for different reasons.

Interestingly, i have passed through the 2 stages, not getting it right (duped ,defrauded,and making loses) to getting it right (Making profit). Even though its not the best yet, but it's getting better.

I also happen to have tried to help a few people start up in the business, sharing my experience , which are the basic truth, but because they did not pay for all the information given, they don't value it and so discard it, yet they go ahead and get their fingers burnt.

True, haulage business is very lucrative, but please a lot of attention needs to be paid on details that many overlook, due to the high projected returns they are offered or in most cases they think they can get back.

Please when coming into haulage , don't work or calculate based on a best case scenario , do a worst case scenario. Factor in a lot of hiccups that may arise,with this you can weather the storm, which is always temporary and start enjoying the returns of the business, especially with God on your side.

Furthermore, in this business experience count, i had to learn the hard way, but thank God am out of it. Also one major factor truck owner\s run into problem is because of greed, and reason why many managers or so run into problem is lack of integrity .
This ought not to be so, both can sit down and carefully analyze the market , check the dynamics and draw out a win-win agreement.

I have cases of people who work in offices and want to enter into this business, please before you do, check very well, there are quite a lot of issues involved, it's not just about buying the truck alone, giving out and expecting to be paid 500 or 600k a month ( this was what someone was asking from me, he eventually went on his own and has not made 50% of what he asked for in the last 3 months he started). Am not saying this to deride him , what am getting at is that there are other issues, questions that will impart on the performance of the business, and it's capacity to bring the returns expected of it.

For example;
* What about the condition of the truck and serviceability?
*The after sales servicing of the truck, Mechanical's , e.t.c
*Availability of paying, profitable jobs ( Not all Haulage Jobs pay well)
*What about the driver and his competence in handling the truck, which in turn will affect the returns .
* Others

All these i want to highlight and discuss in detail with people who want to start haulage biz.

Hope this small piece will get us thinking in the right direction and help us make informed decision in starting and running the business successfully and profitably .

I have a haulage contract running now, if you want to be a part, with either a sided ,a half-sided or bucket, all that can lift 30 tons, reach me on 07033846184,08022037587. Flat-beds can also reach me , we have different arrangement for them

To your success and profitability.

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nelton(m): 6:41am On Jun 07, 2011
I need a 10 or 15 tons truck. Truck has to covered all round. It is to be used for distribution of stationeries to different parts of the country. If avaiable then please get back to me on 08034984704, or teokoro@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by y2kaustin(m): 11:14am On Jun 08, 2011
call 08134340380 and check your mail and reply to all the questions, thanks
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by lolostic: 2:17pm On Jun 08, 2011
You can make profit on this dump/tipper trucks 6 Tyre once you have good manager who know in and out of this mention business, monthly return worthy

Tipper 350,000:00,- 450,000:00 monthly The maximum of daily earning is N20,000 if you are are interest please contact me via my email address for more details. lolostic@yahoo.com with legal agreement for as many years and you want to ventures in this business.

TRUCKING: This is the commonest type of haulage business where by trucks of different sizes to convey goods, container, cargo, etc from one place to the other until it gets to the final consumers for satisfaction
I can deliver 200,000:00 - 750,000:00 monthly depend on the truck.

Xcaphee Nigeria Limited
7 Unity Road, Off Toyin Street,
Ikeja.Lagos.

Tel:
01-7942170
01-7647483

Kunle or Shola

Please serious person PM call me 9am - 11pm daily on my mobile 08062802467 please don't flash me.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by rocklife: 4:36pm On Jun 09, 2011
A) do you have a 1/40ft or 2/20ft container and you want to transport it to the following locations (within lagos),ilorin,ibadan,ogun state feel free to call us @ 08039789599

B) do you have an ATC for dangote flour,sugar or cement and u want to transport your goods to anywhere within lagos state feel free to call 08034286860 or 07081952483

for CONTAINERS u can only call= 08039789599
FLOUR,CEMENT SUGAR u can call= 08034286860 or 07081952483
remember that all our vehicles are covered with insurance so your goods are secured
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by lolostic: 7:03pm On Jun 09, 2011
You can make profit on this dump/tipper trucks 6 Tyre once you have good manager who know in and out of this mention business, monthly return worthy

Tipper 350,000:00,- 450,000:00 monthly The maximum of daily earning is N20,000 if you are are interest please contact me via my email address for more details. lolostic@yahoo.com with legal agreement for as many years and you want to ventures in this business.

TRUCKING: This is the commonest type of haulage business where by trucks of different sizes to convey goods, container, cargo, etc from one place to the other until it gets to the final consumers for satisfaction

Xcaphee Nigeria Limited
Ikeja.Lagos.

Tel:
01-7942170
01-7647483

Kunle or Shola

Please serious person PM call me 9am - 11pm daily on my mobile 08062802467 please don't flash me.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
Hello,
I present to you an investment
opportunity with a very high Return On Investment (ROI).
COLUMELLA NIGERIA COMPANY is a specialized Haulage services
Company formed to carry out transport requirement to a
specialized market throughout Nigeria and West Africa.
COLUMELLA NIGERIA is well positioned and committed to offer
qualitative Haulage and Logistics services. We take pride in our
excellent human and material resources as well as technology-
driven
expertise, which enable us to deliver customized service as well as
simplified logistics solutions

OUR PLAN
In accordance to the recent increase in demand of our numerous
clients and the poor conditions of some vehicles in our fleet, we
are currently planning to acquire vehicles and expand our services
to meet the demand and expectation of our numerous customers
to the highest degree. In this view, we seek investors to add/
purchase the following vehicles with their respective prices to our
existing resources:
(A COMPLETE BUSINESS PLAN WOULD BE SENT TO YOU ONCE
YOU MAIL US BACK
INFORMING YOU MORE ON HOW TO INVEST AND ABOUT THE
COMPANY)
This investment could be done either by shipping your trucks or
in cash.
you dont have to sell your truck instead you should invest it with
us

We invest in market research and product development to
continually improve the service and procure follow-on vehicles.
Follow-on will be
introduced into the demanding markets before existing vehicles
enter the declining stage of their life cycles.

WHY YOU MUST INVEST WITH US
Looking at the high returns on the business, you cannot but invest
to earn as much as 50 -60% annually.
Secondly, it is a kind of business that cannot be overtaken by the
occurrence of time, as there must be production, consumption,
importation and exportation; then there shall always be
transportation.
Thirdly, the burden of managing your portfolio is lifted up from
your
shoulder; while you rest, we do our best to give you the edge by:
1. Paying the driver and motor boy salary
2. Fuelling the vehicle
3. Renewing the vehicle documents when due
4. Maintaining and servicing the vehicle regularly
Within the span of one and half year at most, your investment is
realized, while your capital is still intact.

SUMMARY
Please do contact us for more information and we would be glad
to do
business with you.
visit our site for more information
call us on:
+2348029716876
www.columella.fewom.org
columellanigeria@gmail.com

Thank you very much
Williams Okebugwu I.
MD/CEO
Columella Nigeria Company
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by lolostic: 4:57pm On Jun 10, 2011

Xcaphee Nigeria Limited
Ikeja.Lagos.

Tel:
01-7942170
01-7647483

Kunle or Shola

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by richnet07: 12:21am On Jun 11, 2011
If u need a good driver 4 ur truck,tipper,car,etc jst call me 07064528232.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by richnet07: 12:33am On Jun 11, 2011
Pls if u hv a sound truck and clean toyota camry dat u want to hire to a company jst call me so we do biz.chrs 07064528232
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by white65: 7:54am On Jun 12, 2011
Hi,

If you are intrested in Haulage biz and you cant manage the risk all by your self we are here to deliver you from the hands of driver and help you manage it within lagos metropolice. we manage your trucks with legal backing and you get paid on daily, weekly or monthly bases depending on how you want it. contact us today on 08024165255, 08131103355.

Thanks.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by olak4: 5:35am On Jun 14, 2011
Haulage is a Ǧ☺☺ϑ business, but insurance is the backup, GIT goods in transit insurance, more so heavy goods like suger cement or all this heavy duty machine will quickly kill ur truck or trailer, to make ways in haulage business always go for low weight goods, I am working directly under pz ind, all we carry is fridge, freezer and some other product, and try to get a tracker to monitor ur truck or trailer movement so driver will not cheat You , Ǧ☺☺ϑ luck
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by EVERWIN(m): 3:19pm On Jun 15, 2011
I want to sell my part of a Haulage contract: its between my naija/belgian company, a chinese construction company and an oil company.

time of contract: 5years, (1months is gone already)

monthly earnings: N450000N/truckhead+tipper,

No other cost like management, repairs, bribes, maintenance, insurance,,

place: port harcourt

transporting; stones, gravel, building materials,,

Everything written in a nice contract, one for the sale and one 4 the haulage.

Sell it 4:  N9Millions=> N1M downpayment and every month N150000N till N9m is paid in full if you bring in 1 truck. If you bring 2 trucks its N18M.

You miss 2 months my payment; the contract break and ur out.

My companions have already 6 trucks driving there, the person that buy my share is going 2 work together with them.

I sell it becos I dont like to do things in PH or go to PH.

I can assist the buyer in europe 2 buy a second hand truck(s) that is needed in this biz.

If you bring ur own truck, the truck have to be in excellent condition to pass the test of the oil company!

They don't like macks but if u realy have a good mack they consider becos one companion bring 2 macks and they accepted them.

See my NL profile 2 contact me. Or put a reply here.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by AIJMOTORS(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2011
AIJ MOTORS IS CURRENTLY OPEN TO INVESTORS.

WILL YOU LIKE TO DEVELOP AN EXTRA INCOME WITHOUT COMPROMISING YOUR PRESENT CAREER, FAMILY LIFE, OR BUSINESS; CALL ON US, WE CURRENTLY HAVE A RUNNING CONTRACT WITH A CONSTRUCTION FIRM IN CALABAR. DUE TO THE DEMAND, WE ARE IN NEED OF 20-30 TONNAGE TRUCKS. YOUR N700,000 MONTHLY PAYMENT IS GUARANTEED ONCE THE DEAL IS SEALED.

INTERESTED PERSONS SHOULD CONTACT:
IWEN JOSEPH,
CEO, AIJ MOTORS AND COMPANY.
08066647237, 08051747767
aijyankee@yahoo.com

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ebinpejo: 6:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
Hi Guys.

I have read a lot on the Haulage business in Nigeria on this forum including the Free Training on the Haulage Business in Nigeria thread. And it is unfortunate that there have been a lot of misinformation!.

I believe i have sufficient experience in the Trucking industry (Dry Haulage) and would wish to share some with you guys. I have finance and engineering background which made the learning curve shorter. Need to state though, that i am NOT interested in managing Trucks for anyone so that i wouldnt be mistaken for someone soliciting for business on the forum.
These are just my thoughts and please excuse my inability to proof read or edit.

1. Haulage and most businesses cannot be OPTIMALLY run in absentia!

2. If you MUST give out your Trucks to a third party to run, do your due diligence. The third party must be rock solid. He must have his OWN Trucks which must be generating income at least 5 times what he pays you. He should have at least 10 trucks to his name. A lawyer should be engaged to draw up a contract and a mechanic engaged to inspect your truck once a month!

3. If he has less than 10 Trucks, his Trucks and yours should be of similar configuration (will address that later in "Choosing Trucks"). This is important for scale economies in maintenace and running!

4. If you own up to 5 Trucks, get involved! Your turnover could be between N800k and N1.5m per Truck per month depending on your contracts. If you are too busy to run this, get a TRUSTED Manager that will provide weekly reports. Between 5-10 trucks should get you a decent contract with some big companies!
If you own up to 10 Trucks, set up your office yard and structures!

5. If you are running your Trucks, the key is Backloading! Without backloading, it is unprofitable! Unless you are doing short hauls e.g. From Lagos to Ibadan, Ife, Oshogbo etc.
Any distance beyond Benin must have Backloads else you're enriching your Drivers or Manager!

, will continue

1 Like

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Kayx: 10:50pm On Jun 17, 2011
Is there anybody in da house having interest in 15tonnes Iveco-ford with a very good working condition? Asking price N1.8m

For more enquiries, contact: 08032941868
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by DadLolade(m): 10:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ Kayx What is the Truck Age in Nigeria and paste truck pictures

Am interested.

Send me the pictures of the truck via simsolconcept@yahoo.com

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by whatalife: 7:17am On Jun 20, 2011
@ebinpejo,
Thank you for the insight and all the valuable information.
Please what is Backloading? can you help define it and other grey areas in haulage business.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Eforce1: 6:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
Sir/Ma,
   We are in need of dump trucks and tippers for conveying sand and granites to construction sites within Lagos, specifically within Ikorodu axis. We guarantee you a monthly return of N400,000. I have attached sample pictures of what we need here if you have one. Please contact us at: 080 51 595 336 / 070 63 822 217 for more details and information.

Re: Transport And Haulage Business by eemeka: 7:16pm On Jun 20, 2011
I have a Toyota Corolla and a brand new 15-seater bus with A/C for lease to corporate organizations and airline operators as shuttle bus, staff bus, School bus. Does anyone have a need or a link? call adler: 07056255070, email: adler.solutions@yahoo.com
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ebinpejo: 7:24pm On Jun 20, 2011
Backloads are your Return trips.
e.g. You could haul goods for Unilever to their distributors in Kano and source for goods to bring back to Lagos like Dawa from Kano. The Dawa from Kano is your Backload !
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by dipson2009: 7:28pm On Jun 20, 2011
uitikuo8lo8970790o9
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by dipson2009: 7:38pm On Jun 20, 2011
My dad has been into transport biz for over 4 daceades now,[second tranporter to west african portland cement factory] and has a result i have a well grinded exp in the biz. am currently running runnning a haulage and transport bis of my own[dipson logistics limited] and am currently into contract with Dangote group to transport gympson from lagos port to obajana and from calabar to obajana. i pay 195k for lagos to obajana and 155k from calabar to obajana[30 tons only]am am managing 5 trucks including mine, if you need any advise on this biz or parherps you have any truck that can ply this route or you need manager you can cal and lets do bizness.the company is a registered one and all i have said here are all open to verification, call dapo on 07036099310
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by whatalife: 8:30pm On Jun 20, 2011
@ebinpejo
thank you for the explanation, please can you continue with the lesson ,am realy enjoying the info you are releasing here, keep it up.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by globexl: 4:25am On Jun 21, 2011
Hello everyone. I am thinking of going to Europe to buy an Iveco or MAN tractor and trailer. Can someone pls advise me on the shipping cost to Lagos for both the tractor(Head) and the trailer. Thank you.
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Eforce1: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2011
Truck Wanted For Hire:

Any one with a dump truck 20 ton for hire, please contact me ASAP on 080 51 595 336 / 070 63 822 217

Thanks
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by Eforce1: 9:20am On Jun 23, 2011
dump trucks and tippers wanted
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by deliceshop(m): 11:51pm On Jun 23, 2011
Is it easy to place a truck in PZ info needed
Re: Transport And Haulage Business by ooa194: 1:50pm On Jun 24, 2011
more pic

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (24) (Reply)

Synergy Thread For Professional Bead And Wireworks Makers / Autumn Spikes: Dangote Sues American Mistress For Exposing His Buttocks Online / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.