Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,982 members, 7,810,738 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:09 PM

Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (29479 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Deen77: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2016
Krismart:
Thank you my brother. They are just witch hunting d opposition. Anybody that moves from PDP to APC is a saint.

Use your brain, Buhari is not probing all d institutions, but the Military where thousands lost their life. Most of d probe is the defense budgets divert for election and NIMASA any APC members that eat yam will vomit it.

Buhari have not probe Power, Education, work and housing, how many ministries have they probe. For 16 year's PDP is in Power, the major problem before the election is Boko Haram killing both civilian and the military.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by 989900: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
Femi is a m0r0n.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by theshadyexpress(m): 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
vedaxcool:
Same fools who clapped will be chanting leaders of tommorrow but their understanding of issues tend to reflect the ignorance you will find in the uneducated and poorly informed. How does a defender of criminality begin to perform mouth gymnastics by saying corrupt people who were in the pdp left and then turn around and give members of the pdp clean bill as being corrupt free? If educated Nigerians can act so gullibly is there any other reason why we are where we are?

Look in the mirror you are the perfect sample of the illustration you gave

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by ChrisGnarly: 8:31pm On Mar 31, 2016
The truth remain that u don't fight corruption wt corruption!! If u want to fight corruption start from urslf, ur home, ur own pple, so that when u hamer others, pple will nt talk trash!! Only those in other political parties ar corrupt!! "Without Tinubu APC wount ve won d presidential election" therefore Tinubu, Amechi, etc are nt corrupt!!! Apointing ur own people in big offices 2ru back door is nt corruption!!, disobeying court order is nt corruption etc! If u want to fight corruption, fight corruption and stop dcving Nigerians!!

3 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by 1freshdude: 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
popez:

Did you really read the article? If you did and this is what you deduced from what femi posited,then I can assure that you are on the same level of dullness with Buhari. Smh.

Manifestation of low brain power all over nairaland, people who are at the recieving end of corruption come here to defend it vehemently.
Is it till they blow a trumpet and round every corrupt Person alive up before people agree that the fight is real?
If the beneficiaries of corruption who live in heaven are saying they are Been witch Hunted because of their Party ties, should the wretched people bearing the cost of their action join them?
Nigerians try reason!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Paperwhite(m): 8:32pm On Mar 31, 2016
Keneking:
I never take femi aribisala pastor serious
So it is the VP,Femi Adeshina,Shehu Garba or the almighty lying Lai-Liar m'hammed that you highly esteem? Truth is really bitter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by VickyRichmond(m): 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
People like Prof Sagah and Oby ekweseli are the reasons why young ppl don't respect old pple anymore,how will u insult students dat way and u expect them to do differently.Sagay said that they are not hear to make students clap,so they are there to force there views down the throat of the students.Oby said the students are on another level of corruption.That means they are not worthy of having an opinion in the matter of discussion,indirectly shouting them down.Instead of coming up with superior argument they are verbally abusing the students,instead of coming up with point to counter what the other speaker said,and later you see them advocating for child right(Bring back our girls).Bunch of hypocrites.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Winning123: 8:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
odikimi:

I know u don't because truth is allergic to yo end

Which truth. The man is a Jonathan appologist

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Deen77: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
ChrisGnarly:
The truth remain that u don't fight corruption wt corruption!! If u want to fight corruption start from urslf, ur home, ur own pple, so that when u hamer others, pple will nt talk trash!! Only those in other political parties ar corrupt!! "Without Tinubu APC wount ve won d presidential election" therefore Tinubu, Amechi, etc are nt corrupt!!! Apointing ur own people in big offices 2ru back door is nt corruption!!, disobeying court order is nt corruption etc! If u want to fight corruption, fight corruption and stop dcving Nigerians!!

You are the one deceiving yourself, in American there is still corruption, nowhere in the world is completely free from corruption. That is why they rate corruption country by country.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by bankylan: 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
[quote

author=Ozid post=44288766]This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.
[/quote]

I am sure u are either a kid or APC apologist. Try to take a course on critical reasoning. The man just stated what any objective mind will say. I have listened to Prof Sagay on many occasions. He is either not brilliant as he portrays himself or he is doing what a normal mad man will do i.e, no matter the level of lunacy, a mad man will hoe towards himself. Anyone with a sense of objectivity will not be in APC and PDP as they are presently constituted.

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Misterdhee1(m): 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
theshadyexpress:

youre saying crap, when PDP was in power they were more interested in fighting the corrupt ones in their midst because charity begins at home,the PDP government even passed the FOI bill to expose all government records to the public for thorough scrutiny and you will never see a PDP elected assuring the world that his cabinet members are immune to corruption but the opposite is the APC today,just more interested in dealing with any form of opposition to it. only an APC government will go on national TV to admit that none of its all its members are saints and can do no wrong even in the face of damning evidence.

pls if APC want to fight corruption we all will know

keep your media fight to yourself it aint fooling nobody
They were more Interested In Fighting The Corrupt Ones In Their Midst? Like Seriously?? Including Dasuki nd his cohorts? Abi as Ascertained by 'the Stealing is not Corruption' quote?? Bro, Fighting Corruption isn't a political necessity, it is what the Nation badly needs, and PMB has taken the bold Initiative to Embark on that, take it or throw it away!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ozid(m): 8:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
odikimi:

after reading the constructive criticism he gave, ds is all u can come up with? There is really problem in our educational system. Well I can't wait for 2019.

lobatan
Is people like you Aribisala can deceive not my type. People that support corrupt administration of Jonathan govt does not have any moral standi to critize this govt.

If you call all wat he wrote as constructive criticism I will ask you one question which is "where is your conscience"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by 1freshdude: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
VickyRichmond:
People like Prof Sagah and Oby ekweseli is the reason why young ppl don't respect old pple anymore,how will u insult students dat way and u expect them to do differently.Sagay said that they are not hear to make students clap,so they are there to force there views down the throat of the students.Oby said the students are on another level of corruption.That means they are not worthy of having an opinion in the matter of discussion,indirectly shouting them down.Instead of coming up with superior argument they are verbally abusing the student,instead of coming up with point to counter what the other speaker made,and later you see them advocating for child right(Bring back our girls).Bunch of hypocrites.

The level of crudeness and corruption among students is alarming and worst of all they know nothing.
Niger schools need to be restructured urgently
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Krismart(m): 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Deen77:

Use your brain, Buhari is not probing all d institutions, but the Military where thousands lost their life. Most of d probe is the defense budgets divert for election and NIMASA any APC members that eat yam will vomit it.

Buhari have not probe Power, Education, work and housing, how many ministries have they probe. For 16 year's PDP is in Power, the major problem before the election is Boko Haram killing both civilian and the military.

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by alexlee50: 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
mars123:
I think firstly our institutions have to be strengthened for an effective war against corruption. That doesn't mean that Buhari isn't fighting corruption now. because if you check the current restructuring of the NNPC, the restructuring itself is a war against corruption. how does femi explain the introduction of TSA, is that not a fight against corruption?

I choose to ignore the $2.1bn because people with sentiments are calling it witch hunt. but how on earth can you witch hunt a thief? those who have stolen our commonwealth are being pursued and you're calling it unfair. This Femi is not okay at all.

and the supposedly "leaders of tomorrow" are clapping. Lord knows an idiot will never lead me tomorrow.

u have spoken well, but the truth is this, nnpc is not the only goverment agency that is corrupt. There should block the leakages in all areas.As for the reforms in nnpc, we are yet to see the gains it would translate into, for all we know it may be a reform which would make a few people rich.On the 2.1b dollar funds that was mismanaged, let the government prove its case in court.like femi said, if the judiciary is intimidated or manipulated to carry certain predertermined objective, that also amounts to corruption.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by princefaculty(m): 8:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Mr Femi Aribisala have said it all and the truth we know cuts deep and hurts. A good fight against corruption should be all inclusive and not a biased wild goose chase
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Deen77: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
Lusola15:
I agree with Femi 80‰
Yes because stealing is not corruption, Femi should tell us the country that is totally free from corruption.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mideactive: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2016
U see urself,wen Obj was fightin corrupt ppl,u guys said he was fightin his enemies.now u'r ar twistin it again dat pmb is fightin opposition.wat do u guys realy want?asides frm obj,did any other pdp president fight corruption?pmb hasn't changed anything,he's still using d instrument on ground,is dat a bad thing?at list all d people indicted ar still in court,juts granted bail.those dat mean d case is over?if pmb neglects court orders n put 'em in jail,u'l call him a dictator.be it apc/pdp,criminals ar being expossed.n dey 'l sure av der date in court.even d in ppl ar not denyin,wat ar u defending?

theshadyexpress:

youre saying crap, when PDP was in power they were more interested in fighting the corrupt ones in their midst because charity begins at home,the PDP government even passed the FOI bill to expose all government records to the public for thorough scrutiny and you will never see a PDP elected assuring the world that his cabinet members are immune to corruption but the opposite is the APC today,just more interested in dealing with any form of opposition to it. only an APC government will go on national TV to admit that none of its all its members are saints and can do no wrong even in the face of damning evidence.

pls if APC want to fight corruption we all will know

keep your media fight to yourself it aint fooling nobody

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ghost01(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
theshadyexpress:

Typical of APC zombies

when you cant counter the message, you take turns to attack the messenger

yall are jokers femi just messed up in one speech the joke you call an anti-corruption war
What's this one saying? What exact novel message did Aribisala pass? He ended up making no meaning, as Sagay rightly pointed out.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ozid(m): 8:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
bankylan:

I am sure u are either a kid or APC apologist. Try to take a course on critical reasoning. The man just stated what any objective mind will say. I have listened to Prof Sagay on many occasions. He is either not brilliant as he portrays himself or he is doing what a normal mad man will do i.e, no matter the level of lunacy, a mad man will hoe towards himself. Anyone with a sense of objectivity will not be in APC and PDP as they are presently constituted.
If you could call a prof a normal "mad man" I don't think I can argue with you.

Your case is beyond redemption.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by uncjay(m): 8:42pm On Mar 31, 2016
This Femi Aribisala of a guy na confirm guru, so point.

Imaging how he rubbish the so called speech of falana, making them understand that it not possible to fight what you are already....

I think that obasanjo girlfriend and sagey were met unguarded by femi, he simply came up with instances, facts, illustrations why there's nothing called "anti-corruption" but the two clown as a result of the fact that they are incompetence, were driven by their pseudo emotions, and attacking students who clapped. That's moronic of the highest order.

Why can't they bring a formidable argument to counter Aribisala's points, but because they are shallow and cannot face the truth went on blabbing and spewing trash. So pathetic. You then ask where is this country heading to?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by buchilino(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
freeze001:
A classical representation of the playground bully who is usually a coward inside but puts on a false front of bravado because of his bigger size or in this case, the Dutch courage drawn from the elixir being in power. Rather than 'fight' with someone their size, they pick on 'easier prey'.

Ezekwesili and Sagay are just a tad bereft of ideas and comments with which to put down Femi's strong points and that is why they practically left the subject of discourse and started harassing students who clapped after listening to a speaker.

Femi was clear that there can be no acclaimed fight against corruption when the premise on which they rode into power was already corrupt. Glaring cases of nepotism, deliberate disregard of the rule of law and seeming concentration on people drawn from a particular group either due to their tribes or political affiliation are enough to rubbish the so called corruption fight. Students saw reason with both the content and form of his argument and showed their agreement in the most civil way possible, ie clapping.

Rather than address points raised and counter them or raise a more superior argument, they left Femi and attacked the students. I mean what is this?!

Or this?

Sagay, an erudite professor of law (as he then was), chose to attack the person of Femi and even draw Trump into the matter in referring to his idea of appreciation of unserious people. Tomorrow now if Donald Trump becomes POTUS, he will be one of those to wax poetic about how wonderful Trump is. So shameful!

MY BROTHER I MYSELF D SAME QUESTION. WAT IS ALL DIS?. OBY N FALANA REALLY MESSED UP

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by moyinoluwabun(m): 8:43pm On Mar 31, 2016
ndcide:
I need to give Mr Femi a cold bottle of pepsi for driving home the point. Prof sagay should know the sentiment of some of us. What you are doing now is not fighting corruption. QED
make sure is that that long throat bottle Pepsi. Lol

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Obiwiz(m): 8:44pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ozid:
This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.
Mtcheeew! APC has messed up so many brains in this country to the point they can no longer process simple information accurately. Lies are really destructive. Just see what you're deducing from the write-up.

3 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by freeze001(f): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
buchilino:

MY BROTHER I MYSELF D SAME QUESTION. WAT IS ALL DIS?. OBY N FALANA REALLY MESSED UP

I am a 'Sister' please and I understand you perfectly. They are supposed to be intellectuals and rather than persuade the students by superior reasoning, they chose to put down and attack them. So unfortunate...

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by buchilino(m): 8:46pm On Mar 31, 2016
Deen77:

SO IN OTHER WORDS, D ANTI CORRUPTION WAR ISN'T REALLY. BUT A SELECTED PUNISHMENT

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by lilyheaven: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Ozid:
This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.
you need chlopromide

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mideactive: 8:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
Der is notin new2 point out,it's we on NL n every other forum available.his speach is too one sided,it's completely against d poor Nigerians.agreed,we av lapses,must he condem d whole process?he could av easily pointed out areas wer. We need improvements.he speaks as if he is Shielding corruption,n like a card caryin member of pdp.he's an elder,he should knw better

yunnyp:

please i need you to go back to the article and point out Mr. Femi point of view...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by buchilino(m): 8:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
freeze001:

I am a 'Sister' please and I understand you perfectly. They are supposed to be intellectuals and rather than persuade the students bu superior reasoning, they chose to put down and attack them. So unfortunate...

OH MY BAD. THOUGHT UR A GUY
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by NaijaEfcc: 8:50pm On Mar 31, 2016
Zombies will not like what Femi said! BUT THATS THE TRUTH NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH WE DON'T NEED EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE LIKE SOME PEOPLE TO KNOW THIS!!!

2 Likes

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by XaintJoel20: 8:54pm On Mar 31, 2016
mars123:
I think firstly our institutions have to be strengthened for an effective war against corruption. That doesn't mean that Buhari isn't fighting corruption now. because if you check the current restructuring of the NNPC, the restructuring itself is a war against corruption. how does femi explain the introduction of TSA, is that not a fight against corruption?

I choose to ignore the $2.1bn because people with sentiments are calling it witch hunt. but how on earth can you witch hunt a thief? those who have stolen our commonwealth are being pursued and you're calling it unfair. This Femi is not okay at all.

and the supposedly "leaders of tomorrow" are clapping. Lord knows an idiot will never lead me tomorrow.

An "idiot" will not lead you tomorrow. Who is leading you today

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows / Falana Petitions Police Over Kemi Olunloyo’s Comments On Sylvester Oromoni Death / PHOTOS: Super Eagles Train As Iwobi Joins Team

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.