Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (29478 Views)

IPOB Members And Hausas Clash At Oyigbo In Rivers State (Photos) / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War / Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 12:23pm On Apr 01, 2016
Typical. Any1 dat doesn't support buhari's stand or opinion, is tagged ipob, wailer or watever name. Am a neutral who wld speak d truth n I only seek gud governance. N wld speak d truth if ur buhari is performing well. I knw u r bn paid, so u r earning ur corn but pls look at some of ur family members n ask dem if they enjoying d 'chain era'
SUPERPACK:
wailing robot.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 12:52pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Typical. Any1 dat doesn't support buhari's stand or opinion, is tagged ipob, wailer or watever name. Am a neutral who wld speak d truth n I only seek gud governance. N wld speak d truth if ur buhari is performing well. I knw u r bn paid, so u r earning ur corn but pls look at some of ur family members n ask dem if they enjoying d 'chain era'
truthspeaks:
Who held ur fingers from typing. Zombie
neutral indeed
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by badesco(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
Femi has said it all..
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by goziedave(m): 12:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
What is corruption? Is corruption not a crime? Hence crime is any behaviour, attitude or action capable of causing harm to the society...

Of course a pharmacist that opens a hospital and starts operation there as a surgeon is corrupt,
A san you appoint as a minister for power that's the height of corruption...

TSA is a means towards an end which is corruption....
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
Yes I am n I called u a zombie cos u seem 2 always support buhari even wen u knw he z rollin out bad policies @ d detriment of d feelins of majority of d ppl. Only a paid zombie does that
SUPERPACK:

neutral indeed
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 1:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Yes I am n I called u a zombie cos u seem 2 always support buhari even wen u knw he z rollin out bad policies @ d detriment of d feelins of majority of d ppl. Only a paid zombie does that
How is it ur business, i choose to support him just the way u chose to oppose him, Thank you.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
@least I wasn't bought unlike u whose soul has bn bought. Jst dnt sacrifice d welfare of ur fellow countrymen on d altar of money.
SUPERPACK:

How is it ur business, i choose to support him just the way u chose to oppose him, Thank you.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:31pm On Apr 01, 2016
This is why I will always OAU and UI to Unilag. OAU and UI students are far more intelligent than those of Unilag. If the Unilag students knew why they don't have research centres like other schools in Africa, Europe and the US, they would know how deep corruption has eaten Nigeria.

If na OAU Aribisala tok like that, students for stone him.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 1:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
@least I wasn't bought unlike u whose soul has bn bought. Jst dnt sacrifice d welfare of ur fellow countrymen on d altar of money.
@least I wasn't bought unlike u whose soul has been bought with hatred. Jst dont sacrifice the welfare of ur fellow countrymen on d altar of tribalism.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
josite:

the likes of us who dont even know him before now,nowtakes him very serious,now loves and admire him for being too right on point and for rubbishing the whole set up probably sponsored by the government.AND i was a member of that faculty and that university at all level.femi aribisala was right.buhari is simply wasting everybody's time.can he ever moved against tinubu,atiku,obasanjo,ibb? can he?
You were a member of that faculty? I pity the students there. The standard of education today and the facilities used are far below the ones of the past, what do you attribute this to? With the action of those students, my preference for OAU and UI over Unilag, just increased.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 1:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
As far as buhari ur master is not doing well for all Nigerians, it will always remind evry1 wch ethnic group he belongs to. Aftrall, he hasn't said anythn abt d fulani herdsmen killing spree. Isn't dat tribalistic of ur master?
SUPERPACK:
@least I wasn't bought unlike u whose soul has been bought with hatred. Jst dont sacrifice the welfare of ur fellow countrymen on d altar of tribalism.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 1:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
As far as buhari ur master is not doing well for all Nigerians, it will always remind evry1 wch ethnic group he belongs to. Aftrall, he hasn't said anythn abt d fulani herdsmen killing spree. Isn't dat tribalistic of ur master?
As far as GEJ ur master did nt do well for all Nigerians, it will always remind evry1 wch ethnic group he belongs to. Aftrall, he did nt say or do anythn abt d fulani herdsmen killing spree. Isn't dat tribalistic of ur master GEJ?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by truthspeaks: 2:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
So under Gej, Agatu was attacked n he is fulani man abi? grin grin I laff @ u in rocket science
SUPERPACK:
As far as GEJ ur master did nt do well for all Nigerians, it will always remind evry1 wch ethnic group he belongs to. Aftrall, he did nt say or do anythn abt d fulani herdsmen killing spree. Isn't dat tribalistic of ur master GEJ?
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by SUPERPACK: 2:24pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
So under Gej, Agatu was attacked n he is fulani man abi? grin grin I laff @ u in rocket science
under Gej, Agatu was attacked n he was the president? grin grin I laff @ u in rocket science
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by emmaelectelect(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
TANTUMERGO007:
grin femi will always carry the day grin
He speaks with facts and examples, root talks not side shows and open grammar
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by emmaelectelect(m): 2:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
Ozid:
This Mr Aribisala is just making mockery of himself. If at this age of his he sees nothing bad in corruption then he need to have a brain check up.
He is only pointing with examples other corruption that should also be tackled by this one-side government propaganda

example in case you missed it - disobeying court order, backdoor CBN recruitment etc
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Reptyle(m): 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
It is wrong for Mr. Aribisala to posit that there is no war on corruption simply because he feels the bulk of people under fire are members of the PDP.

The question he should be asked is whether the targeted individuals are corrupt or not.

Is a confirmed thief any less guilty of a crime because the court that tried him was headed by a judge who is himself alleged to be a thief?

Is a thief less guilty of a crime because his colleagues with whom he carried out the crime are still at large?

Corruption in Nigeria is deeply entrenched and it would be quite an uphill task trying to change the situation under a democratic system of government. The wheel of justice turn very slowly but one thing that is obvious is that all accused will get their day in court.

We do not have it all together yet. But frankly, I do not think we should wait till we do or else we might have to wait for life.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by mandai01(m): 2:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
As far as i am concerned, the revered professor and madam Oby did little and nothing respectively to refute the point Mr Aribisala made. He didn't say we needed not fight but the so called fight now is the kind that can take Nigeria anywhere near the change Nigerians desire and voted for. He didn't make an y campaign for PDP. He didn't say PDP didn't drag Nigeria into this mud but that the current administration has not really begun a true fight that can really purge the country and restore hope. In all fairness, it is too Herculean to face in battle the very ones who can make your stay "possible"and "wonderful". Pretense will not take us anywhere. If Professor Sagay believes that the fight is really genuine, show us and don't condescend to verbal attack. Mrs Oby has no right whatsoever to talk to Nigerian Students with such alter disrespect. it is disappointing to find such words in the mouth of such a respected woman. Making such a hasty generalization in order to make a point is not noble. Nigeria has turned to a comedy show really.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Ozid(m): 4:34pm On Apr 01, 2016
emmaelectelect:

He is only pointing with examples other corruption that should also be tackled by this one-side government propaganda

example in case you missed it - disobeying court order, backdoor CBN recruitment etc
I don't think you really know this Mr Aribisala or rather you might not have read some of his write up about Buhari. He sees everything wrong in Buhari and does not believe in anything done well by the Buhari administration. How could he say the fight against corruption is targeted towards the opposition. The question he should be asking is are these people guilty or not? If he says Buhari is disobeying court order, what is he saying about those who looted the state treasury absolutely nothing. Mr Aribisala is just been an hypocrite, I will start taking him serious when I see a balanced write up by him
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by passyjango(m): 4:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
I agree with Mr Aribisala to the extent that corruption is pervasive in Nigeria and should not just be limited to public officers. The average Nigerian has a propensity to cut corners.

However, claiming that what is happening now is not a fight against corruption is totally inaccurate. Also asking government to wait until every Nigerian is fed-up with corruption, before we fight it is neither practical nor responsible.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Fawklicant: 8:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
passyjango:
I agree with Mr Aribisala to the extent that corruption is pervasive in Nigeria and should not just be limited to public officers. The average Nigerian has a propensity to cut corners.

However, claiming that what is happening now is not a fight against corruption is totally inaccurate. Also asking government to wait until every Nigerian is fed-up with corruption, before we fight it is neither practical nor responsible.

Read again. He never said government should wait, he only made reference to madam oby said.

''And we have not yet taken a decision, we have not yet gotten to a point where we are fed up. I mean, she (Mrs. Ezekwesili) had given an example of Hong Kong where people became fed up and said enough is enough. We have not reached that situation yet, I don’t know why not, but we certainly have not.''

1 Like

Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by Fawklicant: 8:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
OrlandoOwoh:
This is why I will always OAU and UI to Unilag. OAU and UI students are far more intelligent than those of Unilag. If the Unilag students knew why they don't have research centres like other schools in Africa, Europe and the US, they would know how deep corruption has eaten Nigeria.

If na OAU Aribisala tok like that, students for stone him.

Cry me a river. And what makes OAU/UI students more intelligent than UNILAG students or any other students for that matter? Leave all this school deek measuring rants and point out areas where mr femi erred. BUT you can't hence your attacks on the messenger.
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by udeh3(m): 9:35am On Apr 02, 2016
mideactive:
I'm nt sayin apc members ar clean neither did I call dem saints,wat I'm sayin is dat dis govt. Is taken a step,they av awaken our Conciseness.if we keep frustrating dis process,we'l only end up dragin ourselves bag.n always expect d president to exibit some eliment of partiality,cust he's also human.d gud thing is dat,we'r takin a step..

You don't awake conscience on the pages of newspaper neither on TV or organism of lectures. You awake the conscience of any countries by making policies to ensure corruption is drastically reduced.

Jonathan government brought about PVC, BVN and even this TSA that this current regime is parading as if they brought it on. Did GEJ just talk, he might not be a noise maker but his policies speaks. Take a look at the eroding of Oceanic bank, Intercontinental bank, Bank PHB and the rest was a true war on the banking sector, but the government of then never make noise about it

What I'm saying is that this government is just about making and not policies of curbing corruption...
Corruption is fought and won through positive policies and not on pages of newspaper, blaming and going to TV stations
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by udeh3(m): 9:38am On Apr 02, 2016
mideactive:
I'm nt sayin apc members ar clean neither did I call dem saints,wat I'm sayin is dat dis govt. Is taken a step,they av awaken our Conciseness.if we keep frustrating dis process,we'l only end up dragin ourselves bag.n always expect d president to exibit some eliment of partiality,cust he's also human.d gud thing is dat,we'r takin a step..

You don't awake conscience on the pages of newspaper neither on TV or organism of lectures. You awake the conscience of any countries by making policies to ensure corruption is drastically reduced.

Jonathan government brought about PVC, BVN and even this TSA that this current regime is parading as if they brought it on. Did GEJ just talk, he might not be a noise maker but his policies speaks. Take a look at the eroding of Oceanic bank, Intercontinental bank, Bank PHB and the rest was a true war on the banking sector, but the government of then never make noise about it

What I'm saying is that this government is just about making and not policies of curbing corruption...
Corruption is fought and won through positive policies and not on pages of newspaper, blaming and going to TV stations

Godbless Nigeria!
Re: Sagay, Ezekwesili, Aribisala Clash At Roundtable On Corruption War by udeh3(m): 9:46am On Apr 02, 2016
passyjango:

Let me just summarized what Mr Femi point is... What this current regime is doing, is using corruption is fighting corruption instead of equity to fighting corruption QED. Disobeying court order because you are fighting corruption is corruption itself. How many of these cases of corruption are actually for the purpose of corruption, if not witch hunting? Is the APC not also corrupt, how come its only the members of the position that are now corrupt?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sunday Igboho Not Yet Released – Olayomi Koiki, Aide / Rhodes-Vivour Donates ₦‎15M To Victims Of Burnt Ajegunle Spare Parts Market / State, Regional And Federal Flags And Symbols Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.