Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,246 members, 7,818,839 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari (24683 Views)

2018 Proposed Budget In Summary! / Buhari Refuses To Sign 2016 Budget, Returns Document To National Assembly / Breaking News: Buhari Refused To Sign 2016 Budget (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Ezedon(m): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2016
Bubu is a FAILURE

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by stzy(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
APChas lways been inconclusive... What hsnt been like that

NYSC date of orientation inconclusive

Jamb 2016 inconclusive

All elections inconclusive

Petrol scarcity inconclusive

Naira exchange rate inconclusive

The only conclusive stuFf about ur administration is whether u'll travel nxt week... Ofcuz we know u will

Smh... 0mw electricity generation.... Haa

God how did I get here in this country of 2016... Seems lik a different Nigeria

Ok do pass budget make we flex small it is now inconclusive again

Wayre ti take over

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Judolisco(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
If u lyk sign it if u like no sign am
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Nobody: 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
same story everyday.... I shall,we shall,I we, we will......

ndi APC Mara nu na aku nke uwa ah by Ihe efu

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by olutunde12(m): 9:01pm On Mar 31, 2016
Pls does this man know that the people who are suffering now due to his lack of ####### are not the ones who stole the much talked about billion? will this fulani herdman be nig president till 2019?

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by OBAGADAFFI: 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
Hmm!!!
“I have to look at the bill that has been passed by the National Assembly, ministry by ministry, to be sure that what has been brought back for me to sign is in line with our original submission.”

It means that budget won't be implemented on time.
More suffering for Naija people.
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by walkitalki(f): 9:03pm On Mar 31, 2016
baba go slow who told u we were xpectin it in a hurry? hv u ever accomplished anytin on time befor? u think movin slow wil turn 3yrs into 3decades? wake up mr mallam n face dis reality befor u cos d slower u go d faster d time ticks..... tic-tac tic-tac tic-tac...
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Nobody: 9:11pm On Mar 31, 2016
I doubt if I am using the same Calendar with Mr. Buhari. Is it 2016 or 2017 budget he is trying to be sure of the figures?
If it is 2016, he can wait a little longer so that he can sign it with that of 2017 budget, for convenience though.
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by DonCortino: 9:12pm On Mar 31, 2016
Why dint he mention this before he left the COUNTRY? This shows buhari has no regards for the Nigerian press but that's not my business, he should come and come and sign the ruination budget. Money need to start flowing, owu dey o!
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by cold(m): 9:13pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sigh..this was the same reason he gave to explain away the delay in appointing ministers. 'I have to take my time to thoroughly scrutinise the credentials of anyone i choose to appoint'. Weeks turned into months,in the end what did we still get? A load of garbage. Not one minister can be singled out as performing even averagely let alone outstanding. The economy has grinded to a halt. Critical infrastructure has collapsed. Everything is in a state of flux. It's a sorry state of affairs... Deep sigh

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by ORIGENAL(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
I think dis Woman dey wast our time
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Misterdhee1(m): 9:14pm On Mar 31, 2016
Dont sign it in a hurry, Mr President, but please exhibit urgency in Signing it...

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Horlhaphemi: 9:16pm On Mar 31, 2016
stzy:
APChas lways been inconclusive... What hsnt been like that

NYSC date of orientation inconclusive

Jamb 2016 inconclusive

All elections inconclusive

Petrol scarcity inconclusive

Naira exchange rate inconclusive

The only conclusive stuFf about ur administration is whether u'll travel nxt week... Ofcuz we know u will

Smh... 0mw electricity generation.... Haa

God how did I get here in this country of 2016... Seems lik a different Nigeria

Ok do pass budget make we flex small it is now inconclusive again

Wayre ti take over

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Nobody: 9:18pm On Mar 31, 2016
Sure that will take another six months for him to assent. We will wait. We are used to waiting
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by gidjah(m): 9:22pm On Mar 31, 2016
Always speaking out loud as usual,outside the shores of our nation.pls sir stop making the masses that brought you in look foolish all the time.you loose your honor and popularity daily
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by engrchykae(m): 9:24pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akkord4gov:
I don't think Buhari has a calendar to realise that it is 2016 already and 2019 is already knocking.
I don't have problem with you going through it but y not since you have received it.
Sai Buhari,time is going,i repeat,Nigerians are no more patient with you. Wailers are increasing each passing day
pmb meant well but he is not a fast thinker and executioner but considering that he is surrounded by budget padders and hawks common sense requires him to review although he would have reviewed it before submitting it to senate.
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by keme007: 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
His the messiah of our time. Nigeria will be great again. God bless Nigeria.
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by stzy(m): 9:26pm On Mar 31, 2016
[quote author=Horlhaphemi post=44293299][/quot

Lemme give it to u straight tough shot... I'll take dat gun n shoot u through ur balls ... Den aama rip ur eyes out n feed ur slavemsters with it

Hope I made my self clear coz if I don't nu call me back

Chee aka chelle more ... Wawa
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
nwakaibeya1:
CHAMELEONS use every little opportunity to show their colors and speak to remain relevant,but ever since i have been speaking about the kingdom of JESUS CHRIST that has come to judge and revenge human beigns especially the church and pastors and prophets #who among you has brought the truth and revelation to the front page of NAIRALAND and other platforms rather they block me but how long will you and your likes block the unbelievable POWER OF GOD OF JUSTICE AND HE THAT MADE THE SPIRITUAL LAWS which we also told you to investigate as i speak and declare>Who can battle with GOD of justice&who can speak if GOD of justice hadnt spoken? President Barack Obama has proved here that those who reserve sits in the CHURCHES must PERISH and judged as JESUS CHRIST commanded. Those who do it knows where it is in the bible and that JesusChrist whom they claim to follow condemned it in the bible but you that is ignorant and following the pastors&prophets that reserve sits in churches have never read this in your bible and I will not show you just like the bible said pastors and prophets have destroyed the vineyard of God but has any pastors&prophets ever read this to his followers? And after you that is claiming bornagain will also be claiming that you know the bible and have read from Genesis to revelation and if you know it have you told people about it in your preaching sermons ? BECAUSE of this act of President Barack Obama if any one knows President Obama Barrack and reading this inform him that I am willing to give him The LIGHT the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be of he that made the SPIRITUAL laws because of his act and heaven of God of justice knows I am capable to do it and prove it beyond reasonable doubt and you thomases can also investigate my declaration the world over. This is authorised and you are free to crosscheck as I give
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by tsephanyah(f): 9:27pm On Mar 31, 2016
nwakaibeya1:
CHAMELEONS use every little opportunity to show their colors and speak to remain relevant,but ever since i have been speaking about the kingdom of JESUS CHRIST that has come to judge and revenge human beigns especially the church and pastors and prophets #who among you has brought the truth and revelation to the front page of NAIRALAND and other platforms rather they block me but how long will you and your likes block the unbelievable POWER OF GOD OF JUSTICE AND HE THAT MADE THE SPIRITUAL LAWS which we also told you to investigate as i speak and declare>Who can battle with GOD of justice&who can speak if GOD of justice hadnt spoken? President Barack Obama has proved here that those who reserve sits in the CHURCHES must PERISH and judged as JESUS CHRIST commanded. Those who do it knows where it is in the bible and that JesusChrist whom they claim to follow condemned it in the bible but you that is ignorant and following the pastors&prophets that reserve sits in churches have never read this in your bible and I will not show you just like the bible said pastors and prophets have destroyed the vineyard of God but has any pastors&prophets ever read this to his followers? And after you that is claiming bornagain will also be claiming that you know the bible and have read from Genesis to revelation and if you know it have you told people about it in your preaching sermons ? BECAUSE of this act of President Barack Obama if any one knows President Obama Barrack and reading this inform him that I am willing to give him The LIGHT the MANTLE and UNBELIEVABLE POWER that be of he that made the SPIRITUAL laws because of his act and heaven of God of justice knows I am capable to do it and prove it beyond reasonable doubt and you thomases can also investigate my declaration the world over. This is authorised and you are free to crosscheck as I give
¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by kolokolobi(m): 9:28pm On Mar 31, 2016
If I get it right a summary was sent to him for signing without details. It is best practice that when sending a document for consideration and approval ( signing) the details MUST accompany the summary. This is to allow the approving authority to have the latitude to check if he so decides to anything and take full responsibility once it's signed. As they say, THE DEVIL IS IN THE DETAILS. The president is right to ask for details before signing. He didn't give them, the National assembly, a summary for consideration in the first place.

I remember some years back when the House cajoled late President Yardua to sign the budget and that they will consider an amendment later. He did. Only for the late president's team to be accused of implementing another budget or selectively doing so. His team being impatient with the House for backing out of the earlier promise to amend that budget earlier had issued a list of what should be done and not to be done as they had expected the house to do as promised which they never did.

Even I will not sign a summary sheet(s) without details attached. IT'S A NO BRAINER.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Louislewis: 9:29pm On Mar 31, 2016
[size=18pt]Buhari will not sign the budget in a hurry because,
1. It was not drafted in a hurry
2. It was not submitted to the House in a hurry
3. It was not confirmed to be stolen or disappeared in hurry
4. It was not returned back to the House when stolen in a hurry
5. Nobody agreed to have tempered with the budget in a hurry
6. The house could not comprehend why duplications of items with different serial numbers, rephrased grammatically with different budgeted amount in a hurry.
7. it was not returned back to the House, second time it was stolen in a hurry.
8. It was not finally passed by the House after a long expectation of a proper and well written budget in a hurry.
9. It was finally passed by the House, since Buhari and APC could not produced an ordinary proper budget for the nation, finally not in hurry.
10. Finally, Buhari should emulate the slow barbarism characteristics that is associated with the budget, also for not being in a hurry to sign it into law. Thank you!
[/size]
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by bilazego(m): 9:33pm On Mar 31, 2016
4nobody4every1:
cool
oya oga T tell am to resign
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Adminisher: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akkord4gov:
I don't think Buhari has a calendar to realise that it is 2016 already and 2019 is already knocking.
I don't have problem with you going through it but y not since you have received it.
Sai Buhari,time is going,i repeat,Nigerians are no more patient with you. Wailers are increasing each passing day

If not because wailing wailers form don finish due to high demand,me sef for don port angry

Please let me educate you. The budget document is actually just a document. Expenditure will go on. They have already released money to cover some liabilities. Capital votes that are strategic are not being hampered. The US government had no budget for years but they have been spending money and have largely recovered from their economic woes.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Akkord4gov: 9:34pm On Mar 31, 2016
engrchykae:
pmb meant well but he is not a fast thinker and executioner but considering that he is surrounded by budget padders and hawks common sense requires him to review although he would have reviewed it before submitting it to senate.

So is this the way we will be going?Bro,I am totally pro Buhari but I am not blind to see how things are just getting wrong. Yes,he meant well,but are we going to be feeding on that till 2019 without the change we wish for. The truth is he hasn't got anything right and he needs to tighten his belt and fasten his subsequent actions
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by jtwest(m): 9:35pm On Mar 31, 2016
Wu are d bureaucrats? Mention names!
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by onatisi(m): 9:36pm On Mar 31, 2016
Buhari has serious complex issues.why does he always issue statements on national issues when he is abroad ?
I told ppl here yesterday that he will issue statements on current national issues and ask for more time .
We have a president who doesn't feel comfortable talking and communicating with his own people but feels very much at ease discussing national issues with foreign media and journalist.
I don't think Obama will discuss his country issues with outside ppl

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by hush15: 9:37pm On Mar 31, 2016
Akkord4gov:

If not because wailing wailers form don finish due to high demand,me sef for don port angry

Hmmm, Nigerians, understand this...

Buhari doesn't know what he is doing...

So Buhari went to Yankee apart from nuclear plant that we don't have but to also remind Yankee SGF to help return money when them get alert!!!!

The question is does it have to be him??
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by 4nobody4every1: 9:39pm On Mar 31, 2016
bilazego:

oya oga T tell am to resign
l am Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Buhari will not resign until he fix the economy of Nigeria

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by Akkord4gov: 9:41pm On Mar 31, 2016
Adminisher:

Please let me educate you. The budget document is actually just a document. Expenditure will go on. They have already released money to cover some liabilities. Capital votes that are strategic are not being hampered. The US government had no budget for years but they have been spending money and have largely recovered from their economic woes.

See wetin this one dey talk,are u so blind or na love for Buhari makes u blind to the extent you don't see things aren't right. You know pas yourself U no read am when APC members themselves dey defend delay in change saying it is as a result of delay in the budget passage. Abeg,go educate your village people
Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by onatisi(m): 9:47pm On Mar 31, 2016
I have been vindicated,when I said buhari will spend 4 weeks traveling and touring before finally looking into the budget issue . Buhari will not sign this budget until may ending ,ppl can mark my words.he will still travel to 3 or more countries before eventually taking pity on nigerians

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Sign 2016 Budget In A Hurry — Buhari by opribo(m): 9:48pm On Mar 31, 2016
of course its expected, speed has never been a quality of an old man. So those who voted you knew government will grind to snail speed.

The first quarter of 2016 is gone we are still talking of signing 2016 budget.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Military Arrests Boko Haram Sponsors / #Edo2020: Ganduje Heads 49-member APC National Campaign Council For Edo Election / Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.