Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,179 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From (47198 Views)

5 Tips For Older Job Seekers Facing Discrimination / Age Discrimination By Employers In The Job Market / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Dcomrade(m): 2:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:
No UNIBEN... Not Surprised..

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry
Any reason(s) ? grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Jacko1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
Yea that is very gud
Handwriting on the wall
Easterners should wake up and start owning companies instead of microbusinesses
wen they do they shld only employ from futo, unn,

its glaring,..... in other words they are hiring only yoruba ppl.

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by nwadiuko1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2016
omofunaab:

Kindly tell me schools that are better than those.. .remember it's a private enterprise you can't dictate their recruitment exercise for them unlike CBN
are they the best school?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by 0YorubaParapo0: 2:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Utchgirl:
Seems all d schools mentioned above are all in South west. If it's a private firm,d owner or maybe (HR) must be 4rm dt region.... hence i comment my reserve !

In times like dis,we remember our CBN gov'nor and his partial recruitment. Both cases r similar in all ramifications.

Tribalism and favouritism ti take over.

May it continue to take over grin. Since una no like Yorubas, don't work or live around them. Find a job with one of ifeanyi Uba's compnies.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by slyrone(m): 2:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
LastMumu:
Although I agree with you that this act should be frowned upon, that doesn't mean it is corruption. Every employer has every right to choose who he/she is taking into his company. Since the company would bear the brunt of paying the employee's remuneration and training cost, they have the right to select their choice based on whatever qualification, age-group, institution, gender they feel would be in the best interest of the company. .

Some companies in the Western world too only employ graduates form Harvard, Yale, Oxford University, this 'discrimination' is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
because some countries in western Europe and central America employ graduates from oxford, Harvard Yale, nyu respectively and d likes still doesn't make it right. the school a job seeker went to or graduated from shouldn't be a yardstick for employment. everyone deserves a level playing field and fair chance.degree na degree as long as u can defend it
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by 0YorubaParapo0: 2:45pm On Apr 01, 2016
truthspeaks:
Ok but wen they r lookin for customers/clients, they shld do so wit those dat originated frm those institutions alone. And I only observed dat d skuls preferred r only of d SW. So no beta institutions exist in other regions? Aftr, d same firm will say they employers of equal opportunities. Does dis not further deepen d distrust among tribes in d country? Soon a firm will say they only wnt graduates frm SE institutions, guess who started it 1st?

That firm better be located in the SE, because should una start, una business will just pafuka in the SW.

Instead of chestbeating or violent killing, Yorubas will hit back economically. The best type of war is an economical one. We've drawn the line. Biafra loading.....
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by slyrone(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
Gkemz:
The following are the most commonly discriminated; age, state, tribe, religion, height for military and paramilitary, physical disabilities even when it doesn't affect ones efficiency.
well said I couldn't agree less or more
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Rolandken(m): 2:48pm On Apr 01, 2016
Its easy to know the tribe of the owners of this company @post. Nigeria would never change.

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by 0YorubaParapo0: 2:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hemanwel:
Any organization that wants to grow can never streamline its recruitment process to applicants from a/some particular school(s) in the country.Just when some employers are seeking ways to employ people from across the globe to become an International standard,these ones are coming up with these??
From the names of the schools I see here,I perceive one local company from the SW to be behind this.

FYI,though needless to say,a Masters degree holder from the University of Ibadan has once asked me to spell "INSECTICIDE" for him..How about that?

Yes they're all in the SW.

What's wrong with SW companies supporting Yorubas and SE companies supporting Igbos. Don't we want this country to divide again? Una suppose to celebrate this. Yorubas are finally supporting Biafra grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nizox(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
What abt KSU, KEFFI, UJ and others. Does it mean that graduates from this institutions never attended school or they jst attended for fun? This discrimination is not ideal for our country and Whats worse is that graduates from the discriminated uni's are likely to peform much more better than the mentioned uni's above.

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry

Lolz, why would you not do that?
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by lashout1: 2:51pm On Apr 01, 2016
Heediots! "FUTA, Akure."

like we have another FUTA in Ogbomosho. like minds.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by 0YorubaParapo0: 2:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
lashout1:
Heediots! "FUTA, Akure."
like we have another FUTA in Ogbomosho. like minds.

A FUTA student is more employable than an UNN student. Pele olori pelebe.

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 2:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
Stupedinluv:
Our country

People whose schools are included would of course not see any discrimination undecided

Well said, and I think nothing will even make such company/establishment employ all the jobless graduates of the mentioned institutions. So, the problem is NOT solved yet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Utchgirl(f): 2:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
0YorubaParapo0:

May it continue to take over grin. Since una no like Yorubas, don't work or live around them. Find a job with one of ifeanyi Uba's compnies.

Exactly my point .

U want 2 show urself abi ?

Where is d CBN gov'nor 4rm ?

U r quick 2 pick d part i mentioned South west bt ignored dt of d CBN gov'nor.

Ctnue.

Dis con3 is fvcked up. Tribalism is every where.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by fatiaforreal: 3:00pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Pls share your experience
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by edi287: 3:01pm On Apr 01, 2016
April fools surely??
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by obatala15(m): 3:02pm On Apr 01, 2016
Acidosis:

Those employed by the CBN are equally Nigerians, and tax payers. You and I are not MORE Nigerian than Kachiku & Atiku's children.
we are saying the same thing

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by theEYe21(f): 3:03pm On Apr 01, 2016
It's in human nature to classify people. We live in a world that has a system of classification.
LastMumu:
Although I agree with you that this act should be frowned upon, that doesn't mean it is corruption. Every employer has every right to choose who he/she is taking into his company. Since the company would bear the brunt of paying the employee's remuneration and training cost, they have the right to select their choice based on whatever qualification, age-group, institution, gender they feel would be in the best interest of the company. .

Some companies in the Western world too only employ graduates form Harvard, Yale, Oxford University, this 'discrimination' is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by theEYe21(f): 3:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
I call it classification, human beings or the world can't do without it. Even in the animal kingdom, there's classification. You have to know where you stand or know your place. One of the problems in the world, is that people don't tend to know their place.
Gkemz:
The following are the most commonly discriminated; age, state, tribe, religion, height for military and paramilitary, physical disabilities even when it doesn't affect ones efficiency.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Omonigeriarere: 3:12pm On Apr 01, 2016
LastMumu:

And why can't them provide a level playing ground for all by putting them into test? As for me, test will always have precedence over interview when it comes to recruitment.

Come and see how a student of Economics from Hinjira University with Second class upper performed excellently in the last test conducted in my organization whereas those from other institutions including OAU, Covenant, UNILAG etc were unable to match the capability of this young lady: she got the job without delay based on merit.

Get it right.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:21pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

When better firms, like TOTAL and the likes are employing, you observe UNIBEN products are well represented unlike the supposed Akara school you graduated from. You must be super silly.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by alaskido(m): 3:22pm On Apr 01, 2016
Chai, this means people wey no go school dey for trouble o. grin grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:25pm On Apr 01, 2016
Yoruba local employer employing people only from schools located in yoruba land, Not suprised!!!

Now I believe the saying that yoruba folks are the most tribalistic in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by scholes0(m): 3:27pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:
Yoruba local employer employing people only from schools located in yoruba land, Not suprised!!!

Now I believe the saying that yoruba folks are the most tribalistic folks in Nigeria.

Gerrarahia....
Since when did your people start loving Yorubas for them to reciprocate? ..... lol you don see mumu people abi?

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
You guys are not serious. When you discriminate between private and public universities or between federal and state universities, what do you expect.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:32pm On Apr 01, 2016
scholes0:

Gerrarahia....
Since when did your people start loving Yorubas for them to reciprocate? ..... lol you don see mumu people abi?

You too get out of here!!!

Arrant Nonsense. You can't counter my submission with a relevant fact because its the truth and its obvious, hence your empty ranting.

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 3:33pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

When better firms, like TOTAL and the likes are employing, you observe UNIBEN products are well represented unlike the supposed Akara school you graduated from. You must be super silly.

Ofcourse Total filling Station will employ UNIBEN graduates..

Somebody has to sweep the filling station everyday before the start work.. grin

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by scholes0(m): 3:35pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

You too get out of here!!!

Arrant Nonsense. You can't counter my submission with a relevant fact because its the truth and its obvious, hence your empty ranting.

lol, see mumuism....
Yes Yorubas are the most tribalistic in Nigeria.... congratulations. Are you happy now?
Your tribe is not tribalistic at all..... They love everyone like family, infact they offer free jobs from Daura up to Ikot ekpene..... to them, everything is 'One Nigeria"
Olodo...

2 Likes

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by kolaaderin: 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
StevensJojo:
Heartbreaking- Another Form Of Job Discrimination Emerges

Today I came across another form of discrimination on a job site
Take a look at this.

“We love those who went to School in Nigeria, and we especially love people from the University of Ibadan, FUTA, Akure, Convenant University, Babcock University, the University of Lagos and the Obafemi Awolowo University.”

So basically, if you did not go to one of these schools, you have been subtly informed not to apply?
Wow.
http://manly.ng/another-form-of-job-discrimination-emerges/
Where is uniport, that school where GEJ and mama peace got the glorious PhD.

1 Like

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by scholes0(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2016
kolaaderin:

Where is uniport, that school where GEJ and mama peace got the glorious PhD.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Edo State Civil Service Recruitment. / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.