Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From (47201 Views)

5 Tips For Older Job Seekers Facing Discrimination / Age Discrimination By Employers In The Job Market / Man Who Graduated With First Class From UK University Cries Out For Job. Photos (2) (3) (4)

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by nkemjacob2(m): 3:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Is because their are no jobs that why all these rubbish are surfacing. One day nigeria will surpass this.. Click like if you believe
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:38pm On Apr 01, 2016
Given an option, its not better to want to work for such local firm which restricts employment to a certain part of the country or region.Research has shown that It affects the socio-mental balance of the work place and limit creativity.

Its better to be in an establishment with a fair representation of different schools, different cultures, different regions.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Sirlancelot(m): 3:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
Hemanwel:
Any organization that wants to grow can never streamline its recruitment process to applicants from a/some particular school(s) in the country.Just when some employers are seeking ways to employ people from across the globe to become an International standard,these ones are coming up with these??
From the names of the schools I see here,I perceive one local company from the SW to be behind this.

FYI,though needless to say,a Masters degree holder from the University of Ibadan has once asked me to spell "INSECTICIDE" for him..How about that?
had not has,what bout that?Nobody is perfect!
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by 9jatatafo(m): 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:
No UNIBEN... Not Surprised..

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry

Guy what did UNIBEN DONE wrong? You cannot base a single advert with preference on the generality of job advertorial
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by showblack(m): 3:43pm On Apr 01, 2016
Acidosis:
some Nigerians are very corrupt. The same HR in that akara firm would tomorrow blame and accuse CBN of corruption and discrimination.

They all provide "equal opportunities" on PDF files, but in reality, they're pathetic extremists and providers of equal sentiments.
No mind am Jare. D HR na kwarapoly him go
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
scholes0:

lol, see mumuism....
Yes Yorubas are the most tribalistic in Nigeria.... congratulations. Are you happy now?
Your tribe is not tribalistic at all..... They love everyone like family, infact they offer free jobs from Daura up to Ikot ekpene..... to them, everything is 'One Nigeria"
Olodo...

You are just a misguided and narrow minded fellow who cant think broadly because you are confined to some local place perharps in Osun state headed by the bearded failing and clueless governor. I am not tribalistic, people from my tribe are open minded and accommodating unlike yours because we believe in the Unity of Nigeria.
That local firm is setting a bad precedent for which if followed by other regions would not be good.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by pulsa(m): 3:44pm On Apr 01, 2016
FxDuke:
OP create your own fortune 500 company! there are alot of things one can do to become superwealthy in this life! stop moaning!

but on a lighter note if wealth was equitably distributed across the country, there will be no need for this thread...that is just the sad reality.

OP trust me, in the end this anomaly you highlighted here, instead of breaking you will make you better and wealthier individual. Isaac and Joseph in the Bible comes to mind.
funny enough when people talk of discrimination to HND holders, you guys don't say stuffs like this, you guys always make it seem like it is good, so what has changed here is it cause this one affects the sophisticated Bsc holders.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by kenchop: 3:46pm On Apr 01, 2016
TRIBALISM ALL THE WAY angry angry angry angry
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by adonisvg(m): 3:49pm On Apr 01, 2016
Wicked!!! grin

MadCow1:

Even in my Poultry, I will not employ anybody that even lived near UNIBEN talkless of schooling there. angry
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by sagaciousblog: 3:53pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Ofcourse Total filling Station will employ UNIBEN graduates..

Somebody has to sweep the filling station everyday before the start work.. grin

trying hard to be funny when you are not...i can as well assure you that no Uniben graduate will work for a madcow like you.. So keep your poultry work for your fidus achates.

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 3:54pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Ofcourse Total filling Station will employ UNIBEN graduates..

Somebody has to sweep the filling station everyday before the start work.. grin

Total filling station offcourse dont employ Uniben graduate maybe they employ people like you from your Akara school.

Your misguided mind is so ignorant that you think TOTAL is a filling station.

When TOTAL employ UNIBEN graduates they send them abroad for training, They send them to carry out responsibilities offshore and onshore on any of their platforms because they are value adding graduates unlike bunch of liabilities from your akara school.

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 3:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
sagaciousblog:
trying hard to be funny when you are not...i can as well assure you that no Uniben graduate will work for a madcow like you.. So keep your poultry work for your fidus achates.

And you wonder why UNIBEN is a useless university.. undecided
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by scholes0(m): 3:55pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

You are just a misguided and narrow minded fellow who cant think broadly because you are confined to some local place perharps in Osun state headed by the bearded failing and clueless governor. I am not tribalistic, people from my tribe are open minded and accommodating unlike yours because we believe in the Unity of Nigeria.
That local firm is setting a bad precedent for which if followed by other regions would not be good.

Yes, I am a misguided and narrow minded man from the local osun state which is headed by the bearded clueless man....... lol......... buffoon
This "LOCAL" firm is not setting any precedence, As this has been going on among PRIVATE employees for ages, it is not a new development, Ode. I am pretty sure companies in your exposed tribal part of the country do the same (If they have any)

You call it a local firm, yet you want it to become National.... lol, keep contradicting yourself in your desperate attempt to sound like an exposed he-goat.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Menzy86(m): 3:56pm On Apr 01, 2016
omofunaab:
I don't see this as discrimination ..it is about standard.. .
What standard? I served in 09/10 in minna ass clo and met at least two futa grads that couldn't write formal letters. Does it mean d sch has no standard? No. Does it mean an ABU grad like me wouldn't do better than countless grad from d schools metioned if given d opportunity? In my opinion such companies are just run on stereotypic and nepotic culture. No real attention to productivity and output propensity in potential employees.

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 3:58pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

Total filling station offcourse dont employ Uniben graduate maybe they employ people like you from your Akara school.

Your misguided mind is so ignorant that you think TOTAL is a filling station.

When TOTAL employ UNIBEN graduates they send them abroad for training, They send them to carry out responsibilities offshore and onshore on any of their platforms because they are value adding graduates unlike bunch of liabilities from your akara school.

Bro!! If my Alma Mata that is ranked in the top 25 Universities in Africa is an AKARA school, Check UNIBEN's ranking and find a suitable adjectives to qualify UNIBEN.. grin grin grin

Typical UNIBEN student.. Throwing stines when they live in a glass house.. grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by sagaciousblog: 3:59pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

And you wonder why UNIBEN is a useless university.. undecided

still not funny! Don't worry, the fact that you were not offered admission there doesn't mean your children wouldn't.. We might just consider them. So stop being childish!
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2016
sagaciousblog:
still not funny! Don't worry, the fact that you were not offered admission there doesn't mean your children wouldn't.. We might just consider them. So stop being childish!

There is nothing funny about schooling in UNIBEN..
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 4:06pm On Apr 01, 2016
scholes0:

Yes, I am a misguided and narrow minded man from the local osun state which is headed by the bearded clueless man....... lol......... buffon
This "LOCAL" firm is not setting any precedence, As this has been going on among PRIVATE employees for ages, it is not a new development, Ode. I am pretty sure companies in your exposed tribal part of the country do the same (If they have any)

You call it a local firm, yet you want it to become National.... lol, keep contradicting yourself in your desperate attempt to sound like an exposed he-goat.

Unfortunately, people like you in your narrow, local and tribalistic mind are a major part of the reason why Nigeria, a country with so much potential find it difficult to unite, put differences aside, promote collective good and interest and achieve its greatness like developed Nations and take its position as number 1 in Africa and a major force in the world.
The firm is called local because they behave like one.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by sagaciousblog: 4:07pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

Bro!! If my Alma Mata that is ranked in the top 25 Universities in Africa is an AKARA school, Check UNIBEN's ranking and find a suitable adjectives to qualify UNIBEN.. grin grin grin

employment shouldn't be on the basis of one's alma mata but instead it should be based on the individual's skill and capabilities... I rep UNIBEN anywhere, anyday, and any time...

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by pulsa(m): 4:09pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

An ethnic group much more accommodating than we Yoruba's, wow, which ethnic is that pray tell?.
Do all other Nigerian ethnicity reside in their land, and if they do, do you tolerate their excesses, do you tolerate them when they call your father's land a "No Mans Land".
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by GuyfawkesAB(m): 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
Well the discrimination ain't fair. But as an alumnus of FUTA I can beat my chest for 95% of our graduates. They are seasoned and quite intelligent and well exposed to the critical aspects of their respective courses and even much more.

Every student in FUTA takes one computer programming course, engineering drawing, agriculture, philosophy & logic... tell me why suh a student won't be well-rounded??
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
sagaciousblog:
employment shouldn't be on the basis of one's alma mata but instead it should be based on the individual's skill and capabilities... I rep UNIBEN anywhere, anyday, and any time...

Why are you so interested in getting all up in Mr. bezimo's business?

Bezimo is my Nigga all day and even though he has beef with me for taking shots at UNIBEN, he is always civil in our banter..

You on the other hand represents all that is wrong with UNIBEN to be honest.

If President Buhari does not abolish UNIBEN before he leaves office, his tenure would be an utter failure. angry
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by sagaciousblog: 4:10pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

There is nothing funny about schooling in UNIBEN..
writing in bold letters simply implies you are just seeking attention bro...thought you were bigger than that but it seems i was wrong..have a nice day
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by bezimo(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

You would have also claimed its in the top 25 Universities in the world. Smh!!!

You wanted to thrash my school when yours is not better and expect to not get a rebuttal.You must think again.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by scholes0(m): 4:11pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

Unfortunately, people like you in your narrow, local and tribalistic mind are a major part of the reason why Nigeria, a country with so much potential find it difficult to unite, put differences aside, promote collective good and interest and achieve its greatness like developed Nations and take its position as number 1 in Africa and a major force in the world.
The firm is called local because they behave like one.

LOL.... this guy keeps making me chuckle, every time he replies to my comments.
THE firm is a local firm not because of anything but where it is located and who it serves. A firm located in New York is local to New York, while a London firm is based in that LOCALITY.
If they want to employ people from LOCAL schools around where their company is located, how is that your effing problem....... Companies are meant to serve their communities, it is called community/regional empowerment.

By the way, who told you that only people from Yoruba tribe are students of Covenant, OAU, Bowen, UI, UNILAG etc?
Ignoramus.

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by MadCow1: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2016
bezimo:

You would have also claimed its in the top 25 Universities in the world. Smh!!!

You wanted to thrash my school when yours is not better and expect to not get a rebuttal.You must think again.

Seriously though.. My school is in the top 25 in Africa... UNIBEN on the other hand is in the bottom 25 on the Top 100 list..

If my school is an AKARA University, I really look forward to the adjective you would use to qualify UNIBEN.. grin
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by GuyfawkesAB(m): 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2016
We might all be shocked that this has been in practice for a long time now. Firms are inclined towards students from particular schools because they had seen a trend excellence and innovation in the products of these schools.

An average FUTARIAN for example is a trailblazer anywhere you put him or her. We are innovative and lead wherever we go. I could say that for OAU and UI students, but I will let them do their own chest-beating themselves
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by GuyfawkesAB(m): 4:20pm On Apr 01, 2016
Mumu

Where FUTARIANS dey yarn, u no bold show face dia. ignoramus

lashout1:
Heediots! "FUTA, Akure."

like we have another FUTA in Ogbomosho. like minds.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by monex(m): 4:28pm On Apr 01, 2016
MadCow1:

only south-west schools. not about merit but geolocation

Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 01, 2016
Procter and Gamble. They do this alot when recruiting.
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by Nobody: 4:37pm On Apr 01, 2016
Abi. Most of these businesses that dont deal with ppl on merit usually fold up at the end of the day due to lack of good hands. OP a good firm will give you job, forget all these nonsense ppl

PresVA:
Op, let whatever discrimination don't get to you. . A company may not need you but another will; that's life... all d best. ..
Re: Job Discrimination Based On Institution Graduated From by nnokwa042(m): 4:40pm On Apr 01, 2016
LastMumu:
Although I agree with you that this act should be frowned upon, that doesn't mean it is corruption. Every employer has every right to choose who he/she is taking into his company. Since the company would bear the brunt of paying the employee's remuneration and training cost, they have the right to select their choice based on whatever qualification, course, grade, age-group, institution, gender they feel would be in the best interest of the company. .

Some companies in the Western world too only employ graduates form Harvard, Yale, Oxford University, this 'discrimination' is not peculiar to Nigeria alone.
see ur excuse so if founder of Dell computers or ford car or hp or CNN says I want only white people u will cry racism, black man with black thinking

Edo State Civil Service Recruitment. / Accion Microfinance Bank Invitation / How I Messed Up Job Interview Today... Please Learn!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60