Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,808 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (182) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (900707 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 12:37am On Jun 24, 2016
blaize777:

Don't let dem use ur head monthly plan is ur right.not any 6month
I was told dat in my hospital.

I know but the way it is,the hospital is private not government. Would still try and talk to them. It is well,am hoping for the best. The twins are still there though
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 1:29am On Jun 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

Eleyi gidi gan o! You may want to ask the VOs on immigration and non immigration thread. Hopefully, they can give a straightforward approach
my thoughts exactly, they are citizens yeah, mehn I dunno ooo but is Medicaid so bad in this circumstance.....May you find help soon Insha Allah

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tbash16: 1:41am On Jun 24, 2016
tbash16:
my thoughts exactly, they are citizens yeah, mehn I dunno ooo but is Medicaid so bad in this circumstance.....May you find help soon Insha Allah
@temyb

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ujan: 1:54am On Jun 24, 2016
Good Day everyone.My darling wife wants my mum to come and stay with her in the USA a week to her EDD.My wife has travelled,am presently in the process of filling the ds160 for my mum.please who do I filled as the contact person.Also there is a particular section that states:DO YOU HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES IN THE USA,what do I have to fill since my wife is the only person in the USA.she went for childbirth.THANKS
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MommaT: 2:49am On Jun 24, 2016
I think all is on track, the B1/B2 covers both categories, there is no separate B2 visa, I did same and was issued B1/B2 , it is just good for clarification that you declared you are are going to birth.

Thankful11011:
Hello house,
I just got my passport today and I was issued a visa, although I applied through Dropbox renewal, I applied for a B2 visa , but I was given a b1/b2, i just thought I will be issued a B2 visa class or am I missing something ,
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 3:19am On Jun 24, 2016
RILV:
Pls has anyone gone Tru Dallas fort Worth poe with big Tommy? I will b due by Nov and will travel in Sept. Does any have info of hos in Wylie or close to? I have a B1B2 visa and will love to have my baby over there. LA assist I am new here.

Welcome. Try and read through even this part 4.Its not much..I dropped a transcript of my dallas Poe experience when someone asked as well..

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Miracletwinee:
[quote author=temyb post=46856618

You are highly favored my dear. I will suggest that you explore all other options apart from the Medicaid. It should be your very last option in fact I feel that leaving the bill unpaid is still better than the Medicaid. If the bill is left unpaid it will be sent to collection after sometime. When you go for renewal the worst is to refuse you and ask you to go pay your bills but if you take Medicaid how will you pay back? Why don't you send an email to the NIV section of the embassy stating the situation at hand and ask for their advice on the issue of Medicaid. They will likely tell you not to take it. Print out their response and take it to the financial person in the hospital. When you get there just begin to cry and roll you know Naija style now? Just make sure you form very well for them. Ask them to even discharge the children since you won't be able to pay and you don't want to do something illegal. I know they will definitely not discharge but you may be surprise that they may end up giving you an affordable bill on humanitarian ground since you are self paid. My one kobo it might or might not work.
Much better suggestion. I have been on this thread long enough to know that "last price" can be reduced. Negotiations have further negotiations.
It is assumed that when u go for better healthk,you are prepared for any outcome. So taking medicaid is a clear breach of that.
Thank God the babies ae doing ok now but don't be quick to take the path of least resistance. Explore every option ist.
God bless

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 3:42am On Jun 24, 2016
ujan:
Good Day everyone.My darling wife wants my mum to come and stay with her in the USA a week to her EDD.My wife has travelled,am presently in the process of filling the ds160 for my mum.please who do I filled as the contact person.Also there is a particular section that states:DO YOU HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES IN THE USA,what do I have to fill since my wife is the only person in the USA.she went for childbirth.THANKS
The answer is no because that question is for relatives resident and not visiting the us.if her purpose of travelliing is to be with her daughter, then she has declared that info already.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 4:02am On Jun 24, 2016
For my mum, I used my self as contact person, my address and phone I had gotten in d state cos I had already travelled b4 her application. I stated her travel purpose as vacation n opportunity to assist me her daughter giving birth.

quote author=ujan post=46870037]Good Day everyone.My darling wife wants my mum to come and stay with her in the USA a week to her EDD.My wife has travelled,am presently in the process of filling the ds160 for my mum.please who do I filled as the contact person.Also there is a particular section that states:DO YOU HAVE ANY IMMEDIATE RELATIVES IN THE USA,what do I have to fill since my wife is the only person in the USA.she went for childbirth.THANKS[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simplysu: 5:00am On Jun 24, 2016
shamecurls:

Hello simplysu,

Which site did you book a shuttle from JFK to Philly?

You have to call and pre-book and give them your arrival time at jfk. 215 333 1441
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 5:17am On Jun 24, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Much better suggestion. I have been on this thread long enough to know that "last price" can be reduced. Negotiations have further negotiations.
It is assumed that when u go for better healthk,you are prepared for any outcome. So taking medicaid is a clear breach of that.
Thank God the babies ae doing ok now but don't be quick to take the path of least resistance. Explore every option ist.
God bless

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amanda0: 5:28am On Jun 24, 2016
wolefola:

when u go to dia office dey will give the paper for healthy baby package u see d amount and d terms and condition(still on d highside though compared to oda hospital).It was sent to my mailbox on records like 2weeks after I was discharged. As regards d BC u will get d one from hospital but d real one is to be gotten from d birth/ death record office well its possible as long as d hospital confirm s dat d baby's record has been sent.
Hey dear,
Thank you so much for the reply. Was it the zero balance that was sent to your mailbox after two weeks? When do I go to their office is it now or after delivery to see the package the healthy baby package?
Thank you so much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 5:29am On Jun 24, 2016
temyb:

Thank u,in fact the $150 is just for 2 weeks oooo&they are still there. Believing God for the best

Hi temyb, God is indeed your strength and I believe he will not abandon you now, this will turn out to be a story behind the birth of those miracles My suggestion is that you get someone to open a gofundme account for your babies to source for funds, it will mean taking their pictures with all d tubes and oxygen mask, the worst pictures of them that you can get and posting them for the world to see, telling the story behind their conception and how they are now fighting to stay alive (Insha Allah, I do not wish that for you). You will be amazed at how people will rise up to your aid as long as it involves babies. If you have an Instagram handle pls go and beg for funds, am sure mamas and papas here will give you our widows mite. What ever balance is left after 6months payment plan can then be paid with Medicare. Hopefully u won't even need to take it, All this will be documented and can be presented when you are ready to travel or renew your visa, who knows you may just find favour with the VO or CP as the case may be.
I just said a prayer for you, be strong cos God got your back. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jiji11: 6:03am On Jun 24, 2016
[quote author=blaize777 post=46869024]

Babe I don't know how u re going about urs mine total for baby hospital and icu for 10days was 67k and 11k dollars dat total of 78k.i went der I acted drama for dem both shouting and crying did it on two occasions first tym I try it came down to 14k plus last wk I went again it

@blaize you had your baby at 36weeks+ and it was a singleton right. Temyb babies came at 31/33weeks shie + they are twins so both cases are different.
@Temyb quit worrying about the bills and concentrate on your babies-these things have a way of sorting itself out. + at the end of the day it's only you that can make the decision if you want to take Medicaid or not.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 6:30am On Jun 24, 2016
MommaT:
I think all is on track, the B1/B2 covers both categories, there is no separate B2 visa, I did same and was issued B1/B2 , it is just good for clarification that you declared you are are going to birth.

Thankssssssss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:07am On Jun 24, 2016
@All

Sorry I have to remove those posts encouraging temyb to take Medicaid, we should not be using this thread to encourage such.

Yes it's a lot of money to pay but the way out is not leaving Americans to pick up the bill.

@temyb do all you can to get more discounts and a longer payment period as somebody suggested to you.

It's better to renegotiate the payment period after that 6 months than taking Medicaid considering the consequences.

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 7:10am On Jun 24, 2016
OmoBendel24:

@LagosNIV and @AbujaNIV, I'm aware we are expected to be equal to the bills if we decide to seek medical care in the US, and that it doesn't come cheap too. If you can, be blunt sirs. Please, will touching Medicaid in this situation still get one into "trouble" even if from all calculations this couldn't have been deliberately planned out? What would have been her way out having reached this crossroad? To refuse NICU for AMERICAN CITIZENS (her children)? Is it that there's a means she has not exhausted to cut this bill down or at least get a workable payment plan? Should she just as a last resort - if she cant handle the bills right now - take the Medicaid for her children's sake and forget about visiting America subsequently or till by some stroke of fate she's enabled to pay up soonest? Is this ever explainable at the Embassy or with the CBP? At least diplomatically direct us if straight-jacket answers ain't possible, please. #Sighs #Pained

Hopefully, this post is allowed to stand!

I bite my tongue on this for now.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by yokus(f): 7:36am On Jun 24, 2016
Noe it didnt work for me for united, paid 138k to change ticket date,when i called UA 3diff times, they all said the same thing. More flights refer you to ur agents than you know, emirates to once referred my mum back to wakanow,same scenario- its just the diff was bout 50k

Yer, KLM, airfrance and Luftansa. Bt all other airlines will attend to you. It will shock you most fares (except promo tickets) may have free date change. Then d agent will just chop youfor nothing. I'm sure of Royal air maroc and Qatar. Always read and compare ur fare conditions before buying.

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:12am On Jun 24, 2016
justwise:
@All

Sorry I have to remove those posts encouraging temyb to take Medicaid, we should not be using this thread to encourage such.

Yes it's a lot money to pay but the way out is not leaving Americans to pick up the bill.

@temyb do all you can to get more discounts and a longer payment period as somebody suggested to you.

It's better to renegotiate the payment period after that 6 months than taking Medicaid considering the consequences.

We understand your approach. But please note, most hosp policies are 6mths for payment plan, esp private hosps, general/county hosps may be more lenient.

Anything above 6mths to a max of 2 years, they may approach a financial institution on your behalf and interest will start accruing after 6 months, which will be more detrimental to her eventually. Miracletwinee also suggested she should email Lagos NIV and state her case and request for advice. I second that.

Because this one pass all of us

@temyb see if you can approach charity organizations, esp catholic charities or so

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:23am On Jun 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

I bought frm travelstart last week, had to make a few changes to my tkts, went to d airline, was able to change 3 tkt s for 10,500 each, when travelstart responded, dey gave me quote of almost 150k, I was jst laughing inside. I didn't bother responding.

To get cheaper fares, I use these agents but if I need to make changes, I go straight to the airlines. Has always worked for me, except KLM and Airfrance, I don't buy from agents.
this is a new scope now, biko which airline is this you bought from travel start and was it that additional 15k flex ticket you bought
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmytee1(f): 8:35am On Jun 24, 2016
mumnadine:
U can get 4000 dollars from ecobank d hav started selling yestday but it has to be ur month of travel and it takes 3 days to get .
@mumnadine please what rate is ecobank using?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:47am On Jun 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

We understand your approach. But please note, most hosp policies are 6mths for payment plan, esp private hosps, general/county hosps may be more lenient.

Anything above 6mths to a max of 2 years, they may approach a financial institution on your behalf and interest will start accruing after 6 months, which will be more detrimental to her eventually. Miracletwinee also suggested she should email Lagos NIV and state her case and request for advice. I second that.

Because this one pass all of us

@temyb see if you can approach charity organizations, esp catholic charities or so

What will be even more detrimental is when America remove automatic citizenship to a child born in US because of Medicaid abuse or make it even more difficult for expecting mothers to get a visa to US.

The U.K stopped the automatic citizenship route when people started abusing it and I will not be surprised if America takes the same action.

It's morally indefensible to find your way into US, have your child,get American passport, pay some bills and leave the remaining for American tax payers to pick up the pieces.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:53am On Jun 24, 2016
justwise:

What will be even more detrimental is when America remove automatic citizenship to a child born in US because of Medicaid abuse or make it even more difficult for expecting mothers to get a visa to US.

The U.K stopped the automatic citizenship route when people started abusing it and I will not be surprised if America takes the same action.

It's morally indefensible to find your way into US, have your child, pay some bills and leave the remaining for American tax payers to pick up the pieces.

You are right though.

FACTA is waiting for all of us in front. America knows this.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:02am On Jun 24, 2016
chloe7:
this is a new scope now, biko which airline is this you bought from travel start and was it that additional 15k flex ticket you bought

Qatar.

I didnt buy no flexi ish. The agents flexi is 14k per pax. Wetin I use 10,500 take do. Now founjd out Qatar was free date change on d tkt fare i bought. d 10k is for upgrade. BT d tkt was cheap sha! Will buy from travelstart again n again and again grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by boldbabe: 9:04am On Jun 24, 2016
@Temyb, the lord is your strength. Be strong for your babies and i pray you find a way out soon.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 24, 2016
nefertitiram:

Qatar.

I didnt buy no flexi ish. The agents flexi is 14k per pax. Wetin I use 10,500 take do. Now founjd out Qatar was free date change on d tkt fare i bought. d 10k is for upgrade. BT d tkt was cheap sha! Will buy from travelstart again n again and again grin
when wakanow gave me one ridiculous amount I contacted Etihad severally o they said please contact your agent there's nothing we can do about it, I just confuse, with this dollar wahala I no dey even travel anywhere until I get a sane ticket

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Miracletwinee: 10:57am On Jun 24, 2016
[b][/b][quote author=justwise post=46876021

@justwise. You just read my mind in fact taking Medicaid should not be an option what if you get a 10yr ban and within that period there is a legislation on people that are banned never to be allowed into the US again? It sounds ridiculous but with this red head TRUMPeter winning primaries anything can happen.He has an unparallel hatred for migrants.

When I said she should leave the bill unpaid rather than take Medicaid I didn't mean she should abandon the bill what I mean is to get as much discount as possible and work out a payment option i feel even if she defaults in the payment it's still better than the Medicaid. The hospital pressing her to take the Medicaid are protecting their own interest because Medicaid is a sure means for them to get their money paid.

As for asking them to discharge the children I know the children will never be discharged until they are certified fit. I said she could say that in order to press them for more discount.even me that I pressurized my doc to do CS at 36 weeks he refused. He said the babies were in stable condition so he has no moral justification to bring them out.

I think someone here has given a very good suggestion for a #gofundme# account to be opened. I think we should start that here it's not enough for us to give suggestion let put our faith to action and begin to give. I will open the floor here with my own $100 so temyb please post your account number if oga justwise will allow. Please let's be our sisters keeper.

22 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (179) (180) (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.