Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,926 members, 7,814,116 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899086 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 9:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
quin9:

In other words you want us to do the agent's work for him?are not paying him? So what's the money you paid for?

Hiaaaan ooo kwa!
So monkey de work baboon chop?

Ds agency thing no b here o. D amount they collect e reach to even slap the clients! Mschewww.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 10:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
Now on to something that pipu will nearly tear me for.

Biko biko biko... I knw ds americam dream is very precious. But we really need to think it througj and plan. Probably cut our coat according to our cloth.

I see moms and dads here asking for birthing options and trying to do the impossible with non existent funds. Someone will be asking if $5k will do everything plus shopping, accomodation, feeding and transportation.

Dollar no be here o and God forbid you have complications. Please if u cant afford it do not venture into it.

We have seen moms go with little funds and try to manage but end up spending more...

Its totally different when you were prepared and even had some extra for miscellaneous but the devil reared its ugly head.

Please girls guide moto: be prepared!

25 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 11:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
We plenty for this Aug ending waka oh
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 11:43pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thinking. ..... maybe I'm wired way too differently or I think too much. I always flinch when I see total strangers asking for roommates, travel mates, shopping mates etc on a faceless forum. Dropping personal emails, phone numbers shocked . Just airing my thoughts. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed my first ever in NYC, I didn't know anyone. I was excited. I made new and some lasting friends there. I explored the city. It was fun for me. I think we should be a Lil bit careful. Or....maybe I'm weird

19 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 11:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
@ all thank u soooo much for the advice. Looking at all options good&not going against the law. Gofund is a no go area for my husband as I don't even like the idea of putting up my babies pictures soliciting for funds. Before u know it all sort of things would come up. God bless u all for every single advice given here. My utmost joy is seeing my babies grow everyday and all improvement ad been awesome because God has been faithful.
Please all those who pmed me,I don't understand how this pm thing work as I have tried to reply but it's not going at all but my e-mail is temy4u@hotmail.com
The lady that asked for details of the hospital. The delivery for V.D is $4,200 while C.S is $5,800 and additional baby is $1200 but this is when there are no complications. For Dr u can wall into their physician or Dr office and ask for same day appointment or Google any Dr u would like but the fee range from $2000 to $3000

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 12:26am On Jun 25, 2016
temyb:
@ all thank u soooo much for the advice. Looking at all options good&not going against the law. Gofund is a no go area for my husband as I don't even like the idea of putting up my babies pictures soliciting for funds. Before u know it all sort of things would come up. God bless u all for every single advice given here. My utmost joy is seeing my babies grow everyday and all improvement ad been awesome because God has been faithful.
Please all those who pmed me,I don't understand how this pm thing work as I have tried to reply but it's not going at all but my e-mail is temy4u@hotmail.com
The lady that asked for details of the hospital. The delivery for V.D is $4,200 while C.S is $5,800 and additional baby is $1200 but this is when there are no complications. For Dr u can wall into their physician or Dr office and ask for same day appointment or Google any Dr u would like but the fee range from $2000 to $3000
God is your strength. It is well. I believe you will come out of this By God's special grace. I thank God the twins are doing better with each passing day. Pls remember toTake care of yourself too.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 1:24am On Jun 25, 2016
ebonychic18:
Thinking. ..... maybe I'm wired way too differently or I think too much. I always flinch when I see total strangers asking for roommates, travel mates, shopping mates etc on a faceless forum. Dropping personal emails, phone numbers shocked . Just airing my thoughts. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed my first ever in NYC, I didn't know anyone. I was excited. I made new and some lasting friends there. I explored the city. It was fun for me. I think we should be a Lil bit careful. Or....maybe I'm weird

Your comment made me smile because wetin we dey see for the hand of hormonal mums sometimes no be here. I am all for hooking up with someone who is travelling same time as me ooo but please and please be careful with accomodation sharing.I no go fit talk all but some people have had experiences with kleptomaniac mums, mums who come with nothing and leech on others,abi those wey go borrow diaper till they leave america,even a mum who went round an extended stay asking for 50-100 dollars loan under the guise of blocked card to pay back when her hubby came and took from more than 10people and after BC came out,she left the city without anyone knowing.Please when you are in a communal setting,be on your guard always and also be financially prepared when planning for this American journey. Not all belle that glitters is gold.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 4:58am On Jun 25, 2016
Hello house pls I want to collect back my tax at d airport but I hrd is not all stores dat dey return .pls which stores do dey give so I can arrange all my receipts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 6:09am On Jun 25, 2016
Virtuousdiva:

Your comment made me smile because wetin we dey see for the hand of hormonal mums sometimes no be here. I am all for hooking up with someone who is travelling same time as me ooo but please and please be careful with accomodation sharing.I no go fit talk all but some people have had experiences with kleptomaniac mums, mums who come with nothing and leech on others,abi those wey go borrow diaper till they leave america,even a mum who went round an extended stay asking for 50-100 dollars loan under the guise of blocked card to pay back when her hubby came and took from more than 10people and after BC came out,she left the city without anyone knowing.Please when you are in a communal setting,be on your guard always and also be financially prepared when planning for this American journey. [/b]Not all belle that glitters is gold.[b]
you see! Na wa o!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
junglej:
Hello all, please my wife is 36 weeks pregnant and wants to give birth in the States. The agent who is working on her visa says he is almost done with all the documentation but needs a letter from a doctor in the states to invite her for delivery and why its important for her to give birth in the states. She will definitely give birth there but the visa needs to be sorted first. Most prefetably Pittsburgh PA, but anywhere would do. Thanks in advance for your helo

Wait did u say 36 weeks and she doesn't have a visa?

Ur worry shld be which airline will fly her. And this agent u r using let pray it's not all lies on the visa form...

That u have a visa doesn't guarantee entry into the US

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2016
temyb:

I sent you an email. It will be well

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2016
bigfido:

it is BOLDLY written on their website what their return policy is before making your booking. I don't think knocking someone's hustle because of your lapses is a great thing. they have stated conditions for returning payment if you have to cancel your flight or there is a cancellation from your operator. if you read it and you are not cool with it, why did you go ahead to book with them? same applies to wakanow.

It's cheaper to book with travelstart if you will be changing your flight dates if you paid for changes than buying a flexible tickets from the airline. they have their advantages and disadvantages.
my hubby always insist I buy the flexible ticket. Just Incase.

Even at that u can call d airline to make changes.
Before my last pregnancy one vacation like that... I had to move my ticket... I called United airline and my ticket was moved. And dey sent me my ticket via email immediately
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:20pm On Jun 25, 2016
I used my gtb card for a transaction yesterday and it's 340 to a dollar .. E pain me en...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 6:39pm On Jun 25, 2016
simplysu:

You have to call and pre-book and give them your arrival time at jfk. 215 333 1441

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Sweetuzy01: 7:16pm On Jun 25, 2016
firsttymum:
I used my gtb card for a transaction yesterday and it's 340 to a dollar .. E pain me en...

Exactly oh but what can one do, my other card is fidelity bank card but the bank has blocked their cards from being used abroad till further notice Mscheeew!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2016
Hello house pls I want to collect back my tax at d airport but I hrd is not all stores dat dey return .pls which stores do dey give so I can arrange all my receipts
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2016
Someone mentioned the stores a few pages back. I do not remember the person's moniker though.

blaize777:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cfcchick: 7:55pm On Jun 25, 2016
Sweetuzy01:

Exactly oh but what can one do, my other card is fidelity bank card but the bank has blocked their cards from being used abroad till further notice Mscheeew!!!

Please any idea about stanbic rate?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 7:59pm On Jun 25, 2016
blaize777:

You can type tax return in the search bar. Here are wot I saw.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2016
cfcchick:

Please any idea about stanbic rate?

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 8:32pm On Jun 25, 2016
hotmummy2015:

I sent you an email. It will be well

Thanks. Have seen it
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 10:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
Good evening everyone,pls who has used Arik to Newyork recently,are they very strict on their 33weeks policy on pregnant women,the fit to fly must it be from Port Health or your dr?thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Xenadarl: 12:03am On Jun 26, 2016
shocked shocked shocked shocked hmmm, this isn't funny o! Chukwu zoba anyi!!!
firsttymum:
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mismarshal(f): 12:04am On Jun 26, 2016
I flew arik at 32 weeks 5 days on the 7th of June. They accept only fit to fly from the health port authority only. I'm not sure about the cutoff time but the lady in Port health authority measured my tummy with a tape and wrote I was 29 weeks!

I gave it to them and took my flight. It costs N1, 500 and you can get it only on the day you are scheduled to trave only.

veleta:
Good evening everyone,pls who has used Arik to Newyork recently,are they very strict on their 33weeks policy on pregnant women,the fit to fly must it be from Port Health or your dr?thanks

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 3:30am On Jun 26, 2016
mismarshal:
I flew arik at 32 weeks 5 days on the 7th of June. They accept only fit to fly from the health port authority only. I'm not sure about the cutoff time but the lady in Port health authority measured my tummy with a tape and wrote I was 29 weeks!

I gave it to them and took my flight. It costs N1, 500 and you can get it only on the day you are scheduled to trave only.

It's interesting that anyone will think they can tell how far gone a woman is by measuring her belly with a tape.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MamaOO: 3:45am On Jun 26, 2016
NaijaMama:

It's interesting that anyone will think they can tell how far gone a woman is by measuring her belly with a tape.
Yes you can. It is called Fundal height measurement. Doctors here do it at every OB appointment after 20 weeks. It's always been spot on for me except for once or twice. But not always spot on if you're growing faster or slower. If you're measuring more than two weeks ahead or behind, you'll be sent for an ultrasound to find out why.

Fundal height is generally defined as the distance from the pubic bone to the top of the uterus measured in centimeters. After the first 16 weeks of pregnancy, your fundal height measurement often matches the number of weeks you've been pregnant. #ExtractedFromGoogle

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 8:14am On Jun 26, 2016
Abeg that tape measure thing na fake for me sha.

My tummy is like 2 whales inside am 34 weeks!!!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 8:39am On Jun 26, 2016
@Mismarshal,thanks a million, I sincerely appreciate. Please,one more thing, someone was saying they no longer go to Newyork but Newark,is it true cos I saw Newyork on their website.thanks dear

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.