Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,501 members, 7,847,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:34 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (906529 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 11:55am On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

I love justwise...
Nefertitiram have u found wife for him yet?

Yes, she's here in Italy.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Yes, she's here in Italy.

Pizza?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Maggie0133: 12:53pm On Jul 03, 2016
Good day all, got to Elpaso on Wednesday. Dallas POE was smooth.the first CBP asked how much we had, we told him. We had 8k (DH was particular abt carrying tangible money in cash not minding we had to buy majorly from black market) Was sent for secondary inspection after I told the first CBP I was here to have my baby. The second CBP asked why Elpaso, DH told him we have good reviews from friends that have been there before and good reviews on the internet.asked for our return ticket which we showed. He asked aw much we had, we told him then asked if we have pre-paid any of our bills. DH told him we had Form A that was been processed in Nigeria but was nt completed b4 we left and we have our cards too. One of the officer was telling the other about mayb cos it's cheaper there. I just do like say I no here them as they were mumbling to each other. They asked for correspondence which I gave them, scanned our bags and sent us on our way.

waited for Dallas Elpaso leg. American airline no b am, we sat just by the engines and it was so noisy Nd they don't carry any baggage for free. 2 of our bags padlocks were broken and stuff scattered by TSA. The journey was so long cos we flew with Emirates.

Had my first appointment with the Doctor and it was okay. Naija Doctors need serious upgrade. Wetin do me Sunday Wei I carry leg go hospital for naija Wei dem just dey look me, nobody touch me. They just gave me drugs and sent me on my way.

@temby: twas ur journey experience that encouraged me on this trip. Hope the twins are doing fine and hope you ve been able to resolve d bill issues. May God favour you.

I want to use this medium to thank everyone. You guys are wonderful.

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 12:59pm On Jul 03, 2016
justwise:

Pizza?

Naaa, Maria de la Rosa grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 1:18pm On Jul 03, 2016
From the NIV visa thread

Hello, u guys are doing a great job. More kudos to your elbow!
Pls I need a clarification; if a parent (mother) was issued 2 years visa (B1/B2) with her kids (age: 9 - 5) on the same day. They supposed to travel together to visit a family but due to circumstances beyond their control they could travel at the stipulated date but the mother later travel to US at a later date for another event different from her initial travel arrangement before she got the visa. But she was refused entry at POE by Immigration Officer, all because she didn't travel at the date she filled in her B1/B2 form or date mentioned during her interview, her initial invitee phone number was not going thru and she is four months pregnant; though she wanted to stay in the US for two weeks. Because she have to resume back to her office here in Nigeria the third week.

MY QUESTIONS
1) Is there any way one can appeal the decision of Immigration officer at POE?

2) Does the decisions make by the Immigration Officer at POE on the parent (mother) visa B1/B2 has any effect on the Kids visa that they applied for the same visa together?

3) Lastly, in case if anyone of them is banned; can it have any effect on the others?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2016
justwise:

Sorry i have to edit your post considering rule No2 and i don't want to be accused of favoritism.

That said, i agreed with your point and it becoming a problem here as many people feel this sense of entitlement once they log in here.

Thanks lol. I was raging when I wrote it... Thank God you edited it lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by olokings(m): 1:28pm On Jul 03, 2016
@firsty...
why are you shaming shy?..
Do you know how many women your birthing bill
s will conveniently deliver at general Hospital n even top extra money to takia of baby?

Fogerrit there's nothing to be ashamed about.

Lemme even give you an angle to it...

Do you know that having minimum space btw ur kids wen u have d capacity to give them the best care is a plus. Here are the points.
- u are sure of raising them to independence (with the highest qualifications sef) b4 u turn 50.
- u won't retire with ur kids still at school.
- u grow up with your kids.
- ur body have a lot of time to recover n u enter menopause doing sisi.
- with time one hardly believes u got those kids because u are back to under 16.

I have this friend who well 4 one reason or the other married n head all his kids (4 of them) b4 he turned 26 (mind u...he's doing well). When u look at the family they are more like siblings u know.

Pls all my fellow sharp shooters just do you and let society do them..... dey might mk a comment or two now buh come back 15 yes time and see wool be laughing then.

*I'll be calling you elder sir buh your kids ll be calling mine uncle* grin cool

We can all not follow the same path in our journeys.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 1:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:
Ladyguinivere and justwise
I'll name one of them.

Motherstouch

(Others can read and I'm sure they'll prolly leave my pm alone)

I guessed as much. The person pmed me but my spirit told me it was an agent and I didn't respond to the pm. Checked through the posting history and saw zero posts. I called him/her out to respond on a post and I no see am.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 1:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Wtf
U?.
U come and ask questions... People come and answer u. U disappear and come and ask again... And u do it over and over again. Did u plant a secretary here...? Wtf.
Where d ef did u keep ur manners?
At least courtesy demands u say a simple thank you considering the fact that u cld as well be ignored.
Asin ehn? Some people can just be annoying beyond measure.... Absolutely rude!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 1:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Same here the only person that knows is my mum. U gave birth august... I gave birth November..
Edd is jan/Feb.

To think I got pregnant early this year when my baby was just 3 months ... My kids wld have been exactly one year apart.

I have to keep this one o! Before God gets angry with me...
At least this one better small.. Chai no b small shame o... In my own case I'm a medical doctor.

I know my dad will say " u just wanna fill every where with children... Are u a chicken?" Chai

In all honesty, I know it's a blessing but every time I think of the possibility of this happening fear grips my heart so much I start having palpitations. Just the thought that one can get pregnant almost immediately. I had a colleague who got pregnant like 4months after her 2nd baby, she wept for 2weeks.
It can be scary especially if you are doing a program where being pregnant may set you back a couple of years.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shrekandfiona: 2:31pm On Jul 03, 2016
nefertitiram:
From the NIV visa thread

Lol. Do you know people are turned back on daily basis and visa renewals denied due to this type of mistakes/white lies, i stopped commenting here cos apart from the frequent pm's, most don't say things as they happened.

A colleague posted here a while ago painting an entirely different picture of the event. She & her hubby were issued a b1/B2 visa for vacation when she was a few weeks pregnant. She used the visa the 1st time to go give birth and subsequently went on vacation twice with same visa.

Time for renewal, she & hubby were denied. They said she wasn't truthful with her 1st application. So many instances to give but some people don't take to advice.

Anyway every mallam to his kettle...

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 2:33pm On Jul 03, 2016
Well said @ olokings,
Are you sure am not that your friend?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shrekandfiona: 2:34pm On Jul 03, 2016
XX01:

I guessed as much. The person pmed me but my spirit told me it was an agent and I didn't respond to the pm. Checked through the posting history and saw zero posts. I called him/her out to respond on a post and I no see am.
The truth is that agents lurk around always. Me that I am not frequent online still get loads of pm's. You'll simply ignore that is what i do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:40pm On Jul 03, 2016

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:41pm On Jul 03, 2016
ozycy:
Well said @ olokings,
Are you sure am not that your friend?

sharpest shooter of all time
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2016
Maggie0133:
Good day all, got to Elpaso on Wednesday. Dallas POE was smooth.the first CBP asked how much we had, we told him. We had 8k (DH was particular abt carrying tangible money in cash not minding we had to buy majorly from black market) Was sent for secondary inspection after I told the first CBP I was here to have my baby. The second CBP asked why Elpaso, DH told him we have good reviews from friends that have been there before and good reviews on the internet.asked for our return ticket which we showed. He asked aw much we had, we told him then asked if we have pre-paid any of our bills. DH told him we had Form A that was been processed in Nigeria but was nt completed b4 we left and we have our cards too. One of the officer was telling the other about mayb cos it's cheaper there. I just do like say I no here them as they were mumbling to each other. They asked for correspondence which I gave them, scanned our bags and sent us on our way.

waited for Dallas Elpaso leg. American airline no b am, we sat just by the engines and it was so noisy Nd they don't carry any baggage for free. 2 of our bags padlocks were broken and stuff scattered by TSA. The journey was so long cos we flew with Emirates.

Had my first appointment with the Doctor and it was okay. Naija Doctors need serious upgrade. Wetin do me Sunday Wei I carry leg go hospital for naija Wei dem just dey look me, nobody touch me. They just gave me drugs and sent me on my way.

@temby: twas ur journey experience that encouraged me on this trip. Hope the twins are doing fine and hope you ve been able to resolve d bill issues. May God favour you.

Congratulations on your successful POE but the part about paying American Airline for baggage is not in all cases though ..I know for sure that if for instance you pay for BA flight from lagos-elp or abuja-elp,you don't get to pay for anything at all because everything is in the BA bill from the start.Unless someone pays Lagos/abj-dallas then you now pay whatever domestic carrier is charging to elpaso..Please most of these domestic airlines in the US don't know that it is possible to pay for the entire thing and i know that people have had to pay extra so if you are using BA or any other airline that flies direct,request to see the airline representative you bought from to sort it out. I hope you didn't get to pay for what you already paid for though.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 2:55pm On Jul 03, 2016
shrekandfiona:

Lol. Do you know people are turned back on daily basis and visa renewals denied due to this type of mistakes/white lies, i stopped commenting here cos apart from the frequent pm's, most don't say things as they happened.

A colleague posted here a while ago painting an entirely different picture of the event. She & her hubby were issued a b1/B2 visa for vacation when she was a few weeks pregnant. She used the visa the 1st time to go give birth and subsequently went on vacation twice with same visa.

Time for renewal, she & hubby were denied. They said she wasn't truthful with her 1st application. So many instances to give but some people don't take to advice.

Anyway every mallam to his kettle...

My dear..
This white lie en...
I invited some people to this thread.. Dey still lied to get the visa cos of fear and laziness to read through... They are sent back and can't come back here and beg me not to post their stories..

CHANGE OF INTENT doesn't save anymore... Except ofcourse u r lucky.. U met a cbp who is in a hurry, doesn't get alot of pregnant women or has no clue.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ihebb(f): 2:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Let's be honest and stop acting all holy. I've really seen mean responses to people's brief questions. What I learnt Growing up is if you don't have a helpful opinion then don't be nasty. The time it takes people to type nasty responses, i'd rather they don't comment if the answer to the inquiry isn't dealt with eventually.
Me, I read up but scantily. And I got What I wanted. Unfortunately some did same or even read all pages, but for some reason, didn't get all they needed. We're all from different backgrounds -many factors play out. Did I mention newbies who just stumbled on the thread and excited to make their first post?!

I'm just saying let's be a little nicer to each other knowing we're all here for same reason! Every knowledge is acquired. Let's be polite. One can nicely refer the 'questionnaire' to the relevant page without name calling or tagging.
I cringe at some people's e-meanness.
I hope I gave you better insight to my original thought. grin

My dear, u couldn't have said it better. Bless you.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ihebb(f): 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2016
Kemo88:

1st of, I can't really say I blame you for your decision not to declare, I was ignorant once ... I did a drop box renewal(not b2) before I got pregnant but somewhere in my heart I knew I would use it for child birth along the way. The mistake has been made and that's fine.
It's a good idea to travel for vacation I did so around 19weeks. My pregnancy wasn't showing... She can use the period of the vacation to go to the hospital she intends to birth in, choose a doctor, go for appointments, get necessary documents and even make payments.
After this, when she intends to go on the final leg of the missionary journey , she can then do a notification of intent rather than a change of intent.
Just my 2cents...
Good luck
Pls can u explain the difference between the two?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:17pm On Jul 03, 2016
Shrekandfiona my co joined twin from another womb cheesy
The truth is that people do not want to hear the truth. They want it watered down or coloured to look pretty. But life isn't cartoon network.
Nextthing some people will actually try to shame you by askin ' na you holy pass'

What I don't get is why people keep on asking if they should send notification/change of intent when clearly they have been reading the thread? As if a different solution will suddenly materialize?

As for pms, I don't just bother because I have learnt from experience that most pm'ers as seeking 'special advice'
As for the use the visa for purpose thingie: breaking news: they read our thread and like the letter thing, it is also losing value

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2016
I get ur point. Thanks
My target is JFK for sure -but dats because I plan a stop over before proceeding. Ultimately, na cheapest flight I dey target. I'm seriously considering ur October rule oh. Maybe I'll ask another frequent traveler. Thanks!

nefertitiram:

Anything that floats your boat is fine. As long as it has been stated.

Sometimes these CBP officers take overconfidence as arrogance. And it's always better to err on the side of caution. they say don't swim in an ocean full of sharks, it always eventually boils down to your prerogative.

I haven't had any bad experiences with chicago poe, which I have used in the past, I attribute it to being a frequent traveller. But I still sound warning to people because of all my trips to US, I was drilled the longest there, unnecessarily if you ask me.

It's not even the fear of being turned back, it's the unnecessary bullying and mental torment they apply in trying to break you. It's not worth it, especially as a preggie.

They almost always send preggies to secondary inspection, they most likely will open your interview transcript, they will see that you got a visa for a specific travel date and didn't use it. They may flag it, and torment you by hammering on that point till you snap. They may cook up an unbelievable assumption, toss out the change of intent blah blah. Yes, they are mean like that

When someone can pass through jfk without secondary inspection? undecided
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:39pm On Jul 03, 2016
No she didnt pay twice. She bought the ticket as a local flight not as part of an intl itinerary.

@ Firsty,

My friend had a baby that is 360 days younger than the previous baby. Now she has finished having all her kids and dancing iyanga at us that are in this dollar wahala. She had d baby July last year just before dollar turned to gold. So, forget it. I dont even know why u people are ashamed o, abi u are supposed to be starving unaselves?......just that u people no sabi keep secret, the thing wey ur hubby do for 'koro' u don use ur tummy bring am to "gbangba'.

Koro= corner
Gbangba= the open
Virtuousdiva:

Congratulations on your successful POE but the part about paying American Airline for baggage is not in all cases though ..I know for sure that if for instance you pay for BA flight from lagos-elp or abuja-elp,you don't get to pay for anything at all because everything is in the BA bill from the start.Unless someone pays Lagos/abj-dallas then you now pay whatever domestic carrier is charging to elpaso..Please most of these domestic airlines in the US don't know that it is possible to pay for the entire thing and i know that people have had to pay extra so if you are using BA or any other airline that flies direct,request to see the airline representative you bought from to sort it out. I hope you didn't get to pay for what you already paid for though.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temyb: 4:43pm On Jul 03, 2016
Maggie0133:

Thanks,u welcome to dallas. Hope it wasn't all stressful. The twins are doing soooooo well&bg God's grace they should be out sooner than i expect. God is sorting out the bills for me by His grace. Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 4:49pm On Jul 03, 2016
Lolzz!
Love ur daddy!
Very funny indeed. Enjoy. Children are God's Heritage. Congrats. wink

firsttymum:

Same here the only person that knows is my mum. U gave birth august... I gave birth November..
Edd is jan/Feb.

To think I got pregnant early this year when my baby was just 3 months ... My kids wld have been exactly one year apart.

I have to keep this angry with me...
At least this one better small.. Chai no b small shame o... In my own case I'm a medical doctor.

I know my dad will say " u just wanna fill every where with children... Are u a chicken?" Chai

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:06pm On Jul 03, 2016
happytbaby:
No she didnt pay twice. She bought the ticket as a local flight not as part of an intl itinerary.

@ Firsty,

My friend had a baby that is 360 days younger than the previous baby. Now she has finished having all her kids and dancing iyanga at us that are in this dollar wahala. She had d baby July last year just before dollar turned to gold. So, forget it. I dont even know why u people are ashamed o, abi u are supposed to be starving unaselves?.... just that u people no sabi keep secret, the thing wey ur hubby do for 'koro' u don use ur tummy bring am to "gbangba'.

Koro= corner
Gbangba= the open
Kikikikikikikikiki Kikikikikikikikiki
360 days Oh wow... shocked I comot cap for her o.

I remember when I got preggers 3 months postpartum my mil saw me crying and depressed and d first question she asked is if I was raped? She said I did it with my Koro Koro eyes... someone even asked me or rather said in shock and kinda mocking me too "so you've started doing... You can't even wait to heal" Dr's gave 6 weeks of vjayjay rest. I dinor have a tear... See me see kwanter... I and hubby are young and vibrant see wahala.

At least birth year will b 2015 and 2017
I'm just finding ways to encourage myself... It's not easy dealing with being pregnant with an infant. my baby yaf not clock 8 months o. But I wasn't raped I did it with my clear eyes.. Even though our method failed us.

on a serious note
Withdrawal method fails o... If u are not ready especially those of you with twins gaan do family planning...

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Maggie0133
Congratulations.... More good news loading..
Wish u a successful delivery.

Kemo88
Don't be scared.. People have done it, people are doing it.

Triplekmama
Kikikikikikikikiki
Thanks darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 5:12pm On Jul 03, 2016
Pls whats wrong wit agent reaching someone via NL? Especially if it's PM. Cos I feel it's up to d recipient to agree or disagree to their terms. Some peeps don't have a single clue nor relation or friend in US. So if dey find a worthy agent, I'm sure dey'll be glad.
Unless I missed something. Were dey banned?
Make all man be careful and verify everything before making financial commitments. Daz all

Pls Ayam not an agent o! Just need clarifications. And pls don't be nasty wit comments kiss

debby516:
I am sure they ve read my post, let me give them a chance to repent. I'll refrain from naming dem. Thanks Justwise and a job welll done, dont ve a quarter of ur strength and patience

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 6:54pm On Jul 03, 2016
justwise:

Your next question here will not be visible for long.

In Olamide's voice: Bados ne!
Baginus kan fun awon goons mi ni NL!

But @sugah i hail u o. U get strength follow am argue.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shrekandfiona: 6:57pm On Jul 03, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Shrekandfiona my co joined twin from another womb cheesy
The truth is that people do not want to hear the truth. They want it watered down or coloured to look pretty. But life isn't cartoon network.
Nextthing some people will actually try to shame you by askin ' na you holy pass'

What I don't get is why people keep on asking if they should send notification/change of intent when clearly they have been reading the thread? As if a different solution will suddenly materialize?

As for pms, I don't just bother because I have learnt from experience that most pm'ers as seeking 'special advice'
As for the use the visa for purpose thingie: breaking news: they read our thread and like the letter thing, it is also losing value
Don't I just love you grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 7:05pm On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Edd is jan/Feb.

I have to keep this one o! Before God gets angry with me...

Lmao... U are so funny. My mum and pastor prophesied that while am still nursing i will become pregnant shocked
But in all God's grace is sufficient.

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.