Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,543 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902751 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 11:33pm On Jul 02, 2016
Hello House, just to report dat i ve gotten a couple of pm from agents offering all sorts of services for dis my missionary journey. Lets be careful nd wise, dey re lurking around. With dis exchange rate, i dont ve extra dollars to share around abeg, spare me ur services.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 12:54am On Jul 03, 2016
ladaps2001:
Hello Everyone, I am kind of in a fix.DW and LO are billed to fly back home via Arik on the 9th but LO hasn't gotten Naija Visa or naija passport Yet. Rescheduling the arik flight isn't an option cos DW needs to get back to work Next week. Anyone knows any agent in houston that can help with whichever will be faster either visa, passport or ETC .Called Tanko already but he said he won't be working till 11th cos of the 3day public holiday.yankee's independence and the 2 day naija holiday.
LADYG et all please help

Do ETC for ur baby got mine in 3days so easy call Stella today
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:19am On Jul 03, 2016
Let's be honest and stop acting all holy. I've really seen mean responses to people's brief questions. What I learnt Growing up is if you don't have a helpful opinion then don't be nasty. The time it takes people to type nasty responses, i'd rather they don't comment if the answer to the inquiry isn't dealt with eventually.
Me, I read up but scantily. And I got What I wanted. Unfortunately some did same or even read all pages, but for some reason, didn't get all they needed. We're all from different backgrounds -many factors play out. Did I mention newbies who just stumbled on the thread and excited to make their first post?!

I'm just saying let's be a little nicer to each other knowing we're all here for same reason! Every knowledge is acquired. Let's be polite. One can nicely refer the 'questionnaire' to the relevant page without name calling or tagging.
I cringe at some people's e-meanness.
I hope I gave you better insight to my original thought. grin

YoungMetrosG:

Sorry to butt in here but I don't think anyone forms anything. It makes the thread redundant to keep repeating answers that have been given a thousand times. I started reading this thread in early 2015 before I even got pregnant (even read part 1 twice - long story, lol) and I did this because it was important to me.
You can't go and spend 3 million naira and up without doing adequate research, waiting for people to give you answers to everything. If nobody answers you, will you say that's why you couldn't have your baby in America?
A question like "where did you get that ticket price?" doesn't count as a redundant question because it's not a topic where last week's answer is this week's answer. Sorry this is so long but we all need to do better.

23 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:28am On Jul 03, 2016
Just to add dat u read dis thread since 2015 doesn't apply to everyone & it's unfair to make a general judgment based on dat! So because I want to deliver in USA, I should wait till 1yr to read up before getting preggers? I don't think so.
I'm sure many stumbled on dis post by accident -and are grateful for dat!
Sometimes, a polite reference to d relevant page solves d problem in 2 mins than having to read all 4 parts.
because not all 4 parts are relevant to every single individual here. People com here & exchange pleasantries etc and they're not scolded but a simple error from a newbie and they're pounced on like -MEAT. grin
Summary: Live and let live.

YoungMetrosG:

Sorry to butt in here but I don't think anyone forms anything. It makes the thread redundant to keep repeating answers that have been given a thousand times. I started reading this thread in early 2015 before I even got pregnant (even read part 1 twice - long story, lol) and I did this because it was important to me.
You can't go and spend 3 million naira and up without doing adequate research, waiting for people to give you answers to everything. If nobody answers you, will you say that's why you couldn't have your baby in America?
A question like "where did you get that ticket price?" doesn't count as a redundant question because it's not a topic where last week's answer is this week's answer. Sorry this is so long but we all need to do better.

21 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by osat82(f): 1:33am On Jul 03, 2016
amanda0:

Hey dear,
Congrats on your little one. Am using same hospital next month pls how soon do you get the letter from the hospital stating you have performed financial obligations I have paid my fees at the hospital and for epidural and doctor too.How did you see the services at the hospital particularly the nursing care and recovery room. I have heard they are stingy at the hospital too with freebies too bad. Pls is there a couch for someone to stay in the room cause I have my mother with but not sure where she can stay . Apart from the free stuff how do you see the services accommodation, food and nursing care.
Thank you.

sorry just seeing this,

i spent 2 nights in the hospital and i got the letter a day after i got home,

services was okay,but i wasnt not impressed with the nursing care, they basically left me alone,if my mum wasnt there i wont av found it funny,

they r extremely stingy,my mum slept on a couch-bed,avoid all they r okay aleast my son and i r doing good
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:36am On Jul 03, 2016
@YoungMetrosG ...

Lastly, (I hope), I want to add dat d question "Where did u get dat ticket price" could be perceived as unnecessary or useless or any other suitable mean word -just because I said so! Doesn't have to be right but thats wot many people exhibit here. It also reflects wot I said abt different factors playing out. I simply responded from my own experience, and used my proposed travel dates. And now seeing d inquirer said late Nov,similar to mine!
Does dat make me right? Yes. Even if inquirer didn't provide specific dates, Does dat make dem wrong? Nope!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 1:39am On Jul 03, 2016
Same here. The Hustle is real grin

debby516:
Hello House, just to report dat i ve gotten a couple of pm from agents offering all sorts of services for dis my missionary journey. Lets be careful nd wise, dey re lurking around. With dis exchange rate, i dont ve extra dollars to share around abeg, spare me ur services.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by methodjim: 3:25am On Jul 03, 2016
feddy27:

thanks dear. I contacted one email address i saw on their website and they forwarded the "Joypack Package" to me...

we don turn reserach fellows o...lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by methodjim: 3:30am On Jul 03, 2016
Thats very good. Hope what was given to you is same with what I pasted. The issue of Obsterics Days fee is not so clear to me, but the normal delivery fee make sense too much.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 3:37am On Jul 03, 2016
I hate it when some people behave as I they know all on this platform. How u wish I could know you one on one. You know holy pass ooooo. What nonsense self. We ask simple question and some respond as if we they were born with all the knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 3:39am On Jul 03, 2016
This should not be an abusive forum. But some people behave like born with all knowledge. If you cannot respond well keep shut

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:44am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
I hate it when some people behave as I they know all on this platform. How u wish I could know you one on one. You know holy pass ooooo. What nonsense self. We ask simple question and some respond as if we they were born with all the knowledge.
Wow, im gobsmacked shocked You of all people shouldn't be making this comment.
Even when you ask 'seemingly' silly questions, when you don't deem it fit to acknowledge responses given you, and when you don't appreciate people who answer your previous questions; people still take out time to answer your questions! What nonsense Torr.

grin I have a feeling this moniker is just a robot created by Justwise to test peoples pulses grin

26 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 3:48am On Jul 03, 2016
No question is silly. Do you know it. You do not have the capacity to determine whether a question is silly or not.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 3:53am On Jul 03, 2016
Am an human being and it are when you behave as if you know it all. I ask genuine sincere questions
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:54am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
No question is silly. Do you know it. You do not have the capacity to determine whether a question is silly or not.

Im guessing this response is for me. If you notice my young man/woman, I said 'seemingly'silly. lipsrsealed

I see your problem might actually be not being familiar with using NL features. So im guessing you do not know how to quote a post of someone that responds to your question. But why cant you just mention the persons moniker and say thank you? Im really curious undecided

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 3:57am On Jul 03, 2016
Why are you particular about me. I have never been ungrateful for meaningful answers but not responses that seek to insult or try to make jest. I take exception to that. If you cannot respond well keep shut
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:03am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
Why are you particular about me. I have never been ungrateful for meaningful answers but not responses that seek to insult or try to make jest. I take exception to that. If you cannot respond well keep shut

The only way we can know if you are grateful for meaningful answers is if you SHOW your gratitude by acknowledging or thanking the person who responds to you. So is that you haven't received any meaningful answers here? Abi am I asking for too much ni? Im particular about you cos you are the only one that does this.

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 4:06am On Jul 03, 2016
To come lick your feet. What nonsense
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by luckyman23: 4:07am On Jul 03, 2016
I do not owe you any thanks.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:13am On Jul 03, 2016
Luckyman23 you make over 30 posts of sincere questions...no one is against you asking questions. This thread was created for people to gather and arm themselves with enough information to make their birthing trip a success. But if you notice, people come on here to share information and experience....some 'seem' to know it all because they have experience, some like me come to read and ask questions to things we dont know...
Please if you have any experience and information you can also share with the thread so some people don't act like they know it all. Things you can share are: Visa interview transcript, hospitals you have contacted etc.

15 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 4:15am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
I do not owe you any thanks.
grin grin grin

Well I think this satisfies my curiosity. People that take out time to answer your questions don't deserve a thank you.

I rest my case. Have a safe delivery oga/madam. grin

9 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:56am On Jul 03, 2016
GucciOluwa:

Lady G, gurreven. Biko I pm'ed you. Will be in Atl next month and I wouldn't mind seeing a gynae just to check up. Thankio
I don't know any gynae in atl. I only asked the lady to pm me if she needed a fertility patient coordinator in the VA area
I have replied sha sha
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:06am On Jul 03, 2016
Sugah u have energy.

Person when no wan research, don't. Keep on asking for handouts. Keep on revelling in being a newbie.

Debbie please share the agent's moniker/s

14 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:44am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:
Just found out I'm preggie last week, it really been disturbing for me as it wasn't planned, but I thank God. My EDD is mid December and I have alot to do.

Quick question, I haven't been taking prenatal vitamins till last week and I'm past my 1st trimester, hope my baby will be okay. Also I started dieting like 3weeks ago, was just on fruits for 2weeks (I stopped the day I found out) hope it won't pose any side effects to my baby.

I have done 3 scans since I found out last week and all three say my baby is developing fine, also I have discussed with my gynaecologist and he says it will be fine but I'm still worried.

Now I'm on to preps, any info on cheap ticket to California, will be travelling late November. I would have loved to use Dr M since he is cheaper but I will be staying in Apple Valley in San Bernardino and it's about 2hours away. So I will just stick with my ob/gyn and hospital that I used last year (total bill was 5,500 for normal delivery).

Please if anyone has info on cheap tickets, please holla, I want to buy my ticket next week.

Thanks.

See rough play o!December EDD ke? Means you are already 4 months gone and skipped a whole trimester without knowing

Baba God this is the kind of preg we want ooooo! No morning sickness and the likes!

Congrats dear. This baby is for signs and wonders. Kids that come like this have greatness attached to them. Chai, I envy you o! For me, morning sickness starts before missed period sef. I end up miserable for half the preg period and I've been asking God that next preg I should not know till after 5 months gone! So happy for ya!

As per the prenatal stuff, I read somewhere that rice is high in folic acid, even though it's advisable to take supplements, we get a lot from our rice rich diet. Your baby is fine jare.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:46am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:
It likely I will be using Delta to New York cos I will be leaving after 36weeks. Then take a local flight to LAX.

Please who has had any recent experience with Atlanta POE.

Don't buy tickets now. They will drop around October. I can assure you this

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:50am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Lagos to LA is $1660 or so..
shey if Im one of those wicked pipo colonizing NL, I'll blurt out you should check urself before asking.
Lesson: Lets all be kind to one another!

grin

Chicago POE!!! Tufiakwa, I'd rather trek. Thank you. No wonder they are selling it cheap cheap. @bolded grin. You sef for ASK before CHECKING

Kikikikikiki

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 5:58am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Lollzzz!

Different people with different experiences.
I've had people testify nicely of this same POE while Atlanta POE that people say is benign was attested dangerous by some.
Me I go waka anywhere I see cheap flights. Nothing dey happen! wink cool

undecided

Wait ooo, mama. Make you calm down and think this matter before buying this ticket o.

I just read your 1st post and I will advise you to avoid chicago POE. Wht I deduced is you got your visa last year, you have never used it and now you want to use it for birthing. I also noticed you sent in change of intent letter (which has been watered down to its elements from abuse and overuse).

The CBP officers there have a way of twisting situations to give new meaning to your intentions. Infact, one will be shocked with the kind of allegations they can cook up. They have one of the highest records of returning pregnant moms, even higher than Houston. If you got a medical visa, then one can risk it. Anyways, it's my two cents. I can only advise, apparently you got your mind made up already.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chikos: 6:27am On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=chloe7 post=47039046]money laundering nibo? If she takes it she has to declare it simple,it is when she doesn't declare it there will be problem, o ma ga gan o undecided
Mumnadine check this link https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/195/~/currency-and-monetary-instruments---amount-that-can-be-brought-into-or-leave[/quos.

You can declare amount over 10,000 USD but most times when you apply for renewal, they will call you for interview to find out what and how you spent the money. Its better to hold 10,000 and send the balance across.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 6:49am On Jul 03, 2016
In addition, comfort urself knowing dat not all d women in ur village nor those during our mama dem time took supplements n their babies came out fine. Lol. Dats on a lighter note. Pls don't stress it. Start now on a healthy diet. Daz all
Wot of those programs on TLC who claim "I didn't Know I Was Pregnant!" for whole 9 month!
Yea. Those too had normal babies so cheer up grin

nefertitiram:

See rough play o!December EDD ke? Means you are already 4 months gone and skipped a whole trimester without knowing

Baba God this is the kind of preg we want ooooo! No morning sickness and the likes!

Congrats dear. This baby is for signs and wonders. Kids that come like this have greatness attached to them. Chai, I envy you o! For me, morning sickness starts before missed period sef. I end up miserable for half the preg period and I've been asking God that next preg I should not know till after 5 months gone! So happy for ya!

As per the prenatal stuff, I read somewhere that rice is high in folic acid, even though it's advisable to take supplements, we get a lot from our rice rich diet. Your baby is fine jare.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:01am On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks a lot for ur mature and brief contribution. Like I said, dis may be true but won't apply to everyone.
I'm never disadvantaged. Not boasting but dats who I am. All d negative experiences don't ever com near me. What I say is What I get. wink
Abi make I take leg waka from naija?
We can't all worry abt uncertainties. I've got good reports from d bad POEs and got terrible reports from good recommended POEs. For some reason, som people can't travel thru certain places and I don't know of all d possible POEs available. Just by random search. I'm just saying it's a probability and I truly can't base my decisions on dat.
Believe it or not, even after all dis NL info, it will shock u to know Some peeps go wit little or no documentation. Dey return here to abuse CBP officers. Even some people's bad use of English while narrating their transcript will show u different levels. And then confidence level. Those are some of d tinz d border people are looking for o! Let's not get it twisted. Some let agents do d entire form application thing and NEVER read through;wen asked basic or even a little complex question, dey are taken aback and can't figure anything out.
As u see me so, over confidence dey worry me grin
Seriously, make I first find my 1 leg for any POE. I don enter be say I don enter. grin
Oya, una byeeee!

nefertitiram:

undecided

Wait ooo, mama. Make you calm down and think this matter before buying this ticket o.

I just read your 1st post and I will advise you to avoid chicago POE. Wht I deduced is you got your visa last year, you have never used it and now you want to use it for birthing. I also noticed you sent in change of intent letter (which has been watered down to its elements from abuse and overuse).

The CBP officers there have a way of twisting situations to give new meaning to your intentions. Infact, one will be shocked with the kind of allegations they can cook up. They have one of the highest records of returning pregnant moms, even higher than Houston. If you got a medical visa, then one can risk it. Anyways, it's my two cents. I can only advise, apparently you got your mind made up already.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:06am On Jul 03, 2016
Thanks for dis useful tip. Never knew one could be called for interview based on previous declaration of plenty money.
Thanks for d link too!

[quote author=chikos post=47153960][/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:08am On Jul 03, 2016
Lollzzzz!
Me sef dey consider d trekking Lemmie see if I fit loose all dis weight sef! wink
Thanks for d caution.

nefertitiram:

Chicago POE!!! Tufiakwa, I'd rather trek. Thank you. No wonder they are selling it cheap cheap. @bolded grin. You sef for ASK before CHECKING

Kikikikikiki

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / Polish Student Visa / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.