Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,511 members, 7,830,524 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:29 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (202) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (902642 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 7:14am On Jul 03, 2016
Hian e! Na dis kain advise dey put TripleKMama for confusion shocked
How u wan make person wait till October if due to travel Nov?
Pls kindly esplain (in Jenifa's voice)
Is it d 6wk rule?
Breathes in tongue

nefertitiram:

Don't buy tickets now. They will drop around October. I can assure you this
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 7:54am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:

Is it d 6wk rule?
Breathes in tongue

Low season purchase of course. How can you open your eyes and out of fear be buying November trip ticket in the highest of seasons (July/August), it can never get worse than what is tenable now by October (promo tickets abounds even around then sef too), unless there's another naira devaluation between now and then. It would have been better you bought it as early as between March and even June sef! The next yeye period to buy ticket will be from almost mid December ni.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 7:55am On Jul 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

See rough play o!December EDD ke? Means you are already 4 months gone and skipped a whole trimester without knowing

Baba God this is the kind of preg we want ooooo! No morning sickness and the likes!

Congrats dear. This baby is for signs and wonders. Kids that come like this have greatness attached to them. Chai, I envy you o! For me, morning sickness starts before missed period sef. I end up miserable for half the preg period and I've been asking God that next preg I should not know till after 5 months gone! So happy for ya!

As per the prenatal stuff, I read somewhere that rice is high in folic acid, even though it's advisable to take supplements, we get a lot from our rice rich diet. Your baby is fine jare.

Nah real rough play. See me wey dey yab my friends wen dey carry belle shortly after them born. My daughter will be 11 months on the 5th and I don already get belle of about 17 weeks.

1st scan said I was 15w3d we were shocked, I told hubby that it's not possible that I will do another scan. 2days after on a Monday I went alone and 2nd scan said 16 weeks. That was also shocking and 3rd scan on a Wednesday was16w2d. The 3 scans were done in different places. So I'm stuck with a December EDD.

Well I'm hoping for the best and see this as a blessing from God.

Thanks and Amen.

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:09am On Jul 03, 2016
folamingo:
Madam...I picked this information from the actual form I filled. Yes everyone will get B1/B2 on their visa. But during the application process, she is meant to fill it the way I type it. I don't know how long ago you filled the form, but that is what is obtainable now in Lagos. I understand back in the days it was just B1/B2 for our pioneers....but it appears they have introduced B2 which is just a sub category to narrow that your purpose...we always have to keep up with changing times. Thanks

Yeah, this partly explains it just that this isn't even a recent development so to speak. A mock filling of the DS160 form by those for and against would have long put this to rest. Gone through two dropbox process already and by the grace of God will do a third next year, I speak on this from experience (if we even go check our first visa's DS160 forms, lots of us will be surprised we actually filled B2 in that column that asks us to SPECIFY). Great day!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 8:18am On Jul 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Don't buy tickets now. They will drop around October. I can assure you this

@ Nerf, are you for real. If I'm travelling last week of Nov make I no buy till October.

I got Delta to New York for 300,000

And you know this flexible fx regime is just a trial. If we don't get as much investors as we anticipate, they might be further devaluation.

Is 300k not cheap enough at an exchange rate of 285/$ and 345/$ (black market).

I'm just so confused.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:44am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:

@ Nerf, are you for real. If I'm travelling last week of Nov make I no buy till October.

And you know this flexible fx regime is just a trial. If we don't get as much investors as we anticipate, they might be further devaluation.

I'm just so confused.

Ohhhhh! I got it twisted! Lol, abeg buy the 300k own!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:

Is it d 6wk rule?
Breathes in tongue

I thought it was December travel date. Even at that buying a ticket in October for November travel date still works. Right now, summer prices will apply even if you put a Nov/Dec travel date. In October, the fare drop will apply across board.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 8:48am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:

I'm just so confused.

Fair, pretty fair. #Secure
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:51am On Jul 03, 2016
debby516:
Hello House, just to report dat i ve gotten a couple of pm from agents offering all sorts of services for dis my missionary journey. Lets be careful nd wise, dey re lurking around. With dis exchange rate, i dont ve extra dollars to share around abeg, spare me ur services.

Name them? grin will be nice if you can but if you feel otherwise fine.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 8:53am On Jul 03, 2016
sugah:

Wow, im gobsmacked shocked You of all people shouldn't be making this comment.
Even when you ask 'seemingly' silly questions, when you don't deem it fit to acknowledge responses given you, and when you don't appreciate people who answer your previous questions; people still take out time to answer your questions! What nonsense Torr.

grin I have a feeling this moniker is just a robot created by Justwise to test peoples pulses grin

Dey send you? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:00am On Jul 03, 2016
Babes,

Please if you have a masterplan that can make N3m enough for a missionary journey, kindly send my way o. This is on a lighter note dear.

YoungMetrosG:

Sorry to butt in here but I don't think anyone forms anything. It makes the thread redundant to keep repeating answers that have been given a thousand times. I started reading this thread in early 2015 before I even got pregnant (even read part 1 twice - long story, lol) and I did this because it was important to me.
You can't go and spend 3 million naira and up without doing adequate research, waiting for people to give you answers to everything. If nobody answers you, will you say that's why you couldn't have your baby in America?
A question like "where did you get that ticket price?" doesn't count as a redundant question because it's not a topic where last week's answer is this week's answer. Sorry this is so long but we all need to do better.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:02am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
I do not owe you any thanks.

luckyman23:
To come lick your feet. What nonsense

Your next question here will not be visible for long.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:11am On Jul 03, 2016
In addition to Nef, if you watch that programme on TLC; "I didn't know I was pregnant', all those babies turned out fine without prenatal. Infact that one is even far, all those mad women roaming the streets while pregnant have healthy babies jare.

No need to worry, I join Nef to ask God for your kind of pregnancy joo.

nefertitiram:

See rough play o!December EDD ke? Means you are already 4 months gone and skipped a whole trimester without knowing

Baba God this is the kind of preg we want ooooo! No morning sickness and the likes!

Congrats dear. This baby is for signs and wonders. Kids that come like this have greatness attached to them. Chai, I envy you o! For me, morning sickness starts before missed period sef. I end up miserable for half the preg period and I've been asking God that next preg I should not know till after 5 months gone! So happy for ya!

As per the prenatal stuff, I read somewhere that rice is high in folic acid, even though it's advisable to take supplements, we get a lot from our rice rich diet. Your baby is fine jare.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:12am On Jul 03, 2016
justwise:

Your next question here will not be visible for long.
Lmao. Thanks just wise, some people are just darn mean!! Someone who's not obliged to answer you does so anyway and all you do is be so mean with your rude comments ... Not nice at all luckyman23.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 9:20am On Jul 03, 2016
omoba88:
Hi once again, since we didn't declare she was pregnant during our interview can she travel alone now for the vacation then come back before i join her on the baby birth trip around october provided the letter of change of intent comes with a favorable response? Also i need to ask her chances at the POE considering her baby bump should be around 22weeks at the time I want her to go for the vacation//// I'll appreciate your advices.
1st of, I can't really say I blame you for your decision not to declare, I was ignorant once ... I did a drop box renewal(not b2) before I got pregnant but somewhere in my heart I knew I would use it for child birth along the way. The mistake has been made and that's fine.
It's a good idea to travel for vacation I did so around 19weeks. My pregnancy wasn't showing... She can use the period of the vacation to go to the hospital she intends to birth in, choose a doctor, go for appointments, get necessary documents and even make payments.
After this, when she intends to go on the final leg of the missionary journey , she can then do a notification of intent rather than a change of intent.
Just my 2cents...
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 03, 2016
[quote author=chikos post=47153960][/quote]what i'm saying is what the law says as regards it, mama's have carried over 10k into the us and none of them actually haven't said they were called for interview when renewing visa, also during the interview most people give $18k 15k as birth estimate and the v.o's are fine with it why because it is Legal to carry such amount of money once it is declared.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 9:40am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Thanks a lot for ur mature and brief contribution. Like I said, dis may be true but won't apply to everyone.
I'm never disadvantaged. Not boasting but dats who I am. All d negative experiences don't ever com near me. What I say is What I get. wink
Abi make I take leg waka from naija?
We can't all worry abt uncertainties. I've got
Seriously, make I first find my 1 leg for any POE. I don enter be say I don enter. grin
Oya, una byeeee!

Anything that floats your boat is fine. As long as it has been stated.

Sometimes these CBP officers take overconfidence as arrogance. And it's always better to err on the side of caution. they say don't swim in an ocean full of sharks, it always eventually boils down to your prerogative.

I haven't had any bad experiences with chicago poe, which I have used in the past, I attribute it to being a frequent traveller. But I still sound warning to people because of all my trips to US, I was drilled the longest there, unnecessarily if you ask me.

It's not even the fear of being turned back, it's the unnecessary bullying and mental torment they apply in trying to break you. It's not worth it, especially as a preggie.

They almost always send preggies to secondary inspection, they most likely will open your interview transcript, they will see that you got a visa for a specific travel date and didn't use it. They may flag it, and torment you by hammering on that point till you snap. They may cook up an unbelievable assumption, toss out the change of intent blah blah. Yes, they are mean like that

When someone can pass through jfk without secondary inspection? undecided

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:52am On Jul 03, 2016
Kemo88:

Lmao. Thanks just wise, some people are just darn mean!! Someone who's not obliged to answer you does so anyway and all you do is be so mean with your rude comments ... Not nice at all luckyman23.

Sorry i have to edit your post considering rule No2 and i don't want to be accused of favoritism.

That said, i agreed with your point and it becoming a problem here as many people feel this sense of entitlement once they log in here.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:55am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:
Just found out I'm preggie last week, it really been disturbing for me as it wasn't planned, but I thank God. My EDD is mid December and I have alot to do.

Quick question, I haven't been taking prenatal vitamins till last week and I'm past my 1st trimester, hope my baby will be okay. Also I started dieting like 3weeks ago, was just on fruits for 2weeks (I stopped the day I found out) hope it won't pose any side effects to my baby.

I have done 3 scans since I found out last week and all three say my baby is developing fine, also I have discussed with my gynaecologist and he says it will be fine but I'm still worried.

Now I'm on to preps, any info on cheap ticket to California, will be travelling late November. I would have loved to use Dr M since he is cheaper but I will be staying in Apple Valley in San Bernardino and it's about 2hours away. So I will just stick with my ob/gyn and hospital that I used last year (total bill was 5,500 for normal delivery).

Please if anyone has info on cheap tickets, please holla, I want to buy my ticket next week.

Thanks.

Welcome to the club... Hmmmm me I can't even shout. Before baba God will vex for me.

We r in d same shoes as per dieting... Bigfido comman see my partner.

There are vegetarians who get pregnant and give birth to healthy babies... So don't beat ur urself about the dieting.

My last baby I didn't take prenatals till I was like 5 months and even at that I wasn't consistent... I hate drugs Abeg.

So relax u r fine
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:00am On Jul 03, 2016
TripleKMama:
Lagos to LA is $1660 or so..
shey if Im one of those wicked pipo colonizing NL, I'll blurt out you should check urself before asking.
Lesson: Lets all be kind to one another!

grin

I saw same... Buy I'm not ready to book flight.. I have faith it will drop

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2016
GucciOluwa:

Lady G, gurreven. Biko I pm'ed you. Will be in Atl next month and I wouldn't mind seeing a gynae just to check up. Thankio
Kikikikikikikikiki
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:02am On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

Welcome to the club... Hmmmm me I can't even shout. Before baba God will vex for me.

There are vegetarians who get pregnant and give birth to healthy babies... So don't beat ur urself about the dieting.

My last baby I didn't take prenatals till I was like 5 months and even at that I wasn't consistent... I hate drugs Abeg.

So relax u r fine

Confession time... I stopped taking prenatal at 10 weeks *shame face* and u sef don see my baby grin

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:05am On Jul 03, 2016
debby516:
Hello House, just to report dat i ve gotten a couple of pm from agents offering all sorts of services for dis my missionary journey. Lets be careful nd wise, dey re lurking around. With dis exchange rate, i dont ve extra dollars to share around abeg, spare me ur services.

Same here.. So annoying
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:06am On Jul 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Confession time... I stopped taking prenatal at 10 weeks *shame face* and u sef don see my baby grin

And to think people take it consistently for nine months....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 10:09am On Jul 03, 2016
justwise:
[/b]

Dey send you? grin
grin grin grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:11am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
I hate it when some people behave as I they know all on this platform. How u wish I could know you one on one. You know holy pass ooooo. What nonsense self. We ask simple question and some respond as if we they were born with all the knowledge.

Wtf
U?.
U come and ask questions... People come and answer u. U disappear and come and ask again... And u do it over and over again. Did u plant a secretary here...? Wtf.
Where d ef did u keep ur manners?
At least courtesy demands u say a simple thank you considering the fact that u cld as well be ignored.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:12am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
This should not be an abusive forum. But some people behave like born with all knowledge. If you cannot respond well keep shut
Please Park well...

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:14am On Jul 03, 2016
luckyman23:
Why are you particular about me. I have never been ungrateful for meaningful answers but not responses that seek to insult or try to make jest. I take exception to that. If you cannot respond well keep shut
Are u even reading urself? Pls I'm looking out for one grateful post from you... Just one
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by YoungMetrosG(f): 10:15am On Jul 03, 2016
happytbaby:
Babes,

Please if you have a masterplan that can make N3m enough for a missionary journey, kindly send my way o. This is on a lighter note dear.

Lol. Even me I'm looking for it o. It was in front of us a mama attempted it at 2.5m a few months ago. God help us with this exchange rate sha. Sometimes I like to convert my $1/350 estimates to $1/160 for the fun of it and just dream of what could have been cry

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2016
I'm surprised Una get lucky man time sef
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 10:19am On Jul 03, 2016
firsttymum:

So relax u r fine

No real club, I was seriously dieting and the belle was just getting big so I had to do a strip test at home before all the scans.

Glad to know I have a partner, they only person that knows is my mum, I'm wondering people's expression and thoughts when they see my belle when I just gave birth in August. Make I talk true shame dey catch me.

Is you EDD also December?

nefertitiram:

You try oh. I have seen your baby's pic she looks good. It's just a miracle.

firsttymum:

Same here.. So annoying

For both my babies, I started prenatal at 6 weeks and Im very consistent. That's why I feel a Lil bad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:21am On Jul 03, 2016
KayLayChi:

I'm just so confused.

Mbok pay. Even when dollar was 200 to get for 300k wasn't beans

(1) (2) (3) ... (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) ... (405)

Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Polish Student Visa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.