Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (253) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899726 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
bait:
Pls kindly advise: I intend to travel to the US with a B2 visa by sept.(Am positive I get it). The issue is I just found out am pregnant and I and my partner has agreed to keep it. I want to know if it won't raise a red flag or be a hindrance in any way if I eventually get the visa. Pls intervene!
Congrats ma.
Please read the very ist page of this thread.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:55pm On Jul 27, 2016
bait:

Lol! Thanks! Its an arranged package, honeymoon parole. That's why am seeking advise from the house. I really don't know how to go abt it.
Madam. With no intention to insult, your head seems to be in the clouds. Snap out of it !
Getting a us visa goes beyond confidenc and 'arranged ' things.
The work you put into it increases when you are pregnant. From your ist post, I infer you are not married, so what do you mean by 'honeymoon parole'?
Don't be decieved into cooking up some stories. Its misrepresentation and e no de pay.
Apologies if misread your post.
I don talk finish

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Thanks sabi mamas on the return policy for Wal-Mart.

@bisoye82,

Biko how do I know a superstore? Cos I want to change diaper bag(I Don prepare mine from naija come finer sef) to a portable baby bed

Modified

@cheldas,

LA is all about getting accommodation o. So arrange that one first. Very critical o.

@bait,

Since u haven't gotten d visa, what stops u from telling the VO u are pregnant? Pls include doctors correspondence and others. Do read up to check necessary ones

@ijeomaobi

I sincerely don't know if that's gonna be the right thing to do, reason why am asking for an advise. Thank you!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Madam. With no intention to insult, your head seems to be in the clouds. Snap out of it !
The work you put into it increases when you are pregnant. From your ist post, I infer you are not married, so what do you mean by 'honeymoon parole'?
Don't be decieved into cooking up some stories. Its misrepresentation and e no de pay. I don talk finish

Calm down ma! Its a forum n not a court room,

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:05pm On Jul 27, 2016
bait:

Calm down ma! Its a forum n not a court room,
Calm down sir/ma. I wasn't speaking to you

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Don't be decieved into cooking up some stories. Its misrepresentation and e no de pay. I don talk finish

Yes ma am aware, I only stated I ws hopeful I get it. No am not married yet bt I wud b4 den. I only wanted 2 b truthful so as 2 get genuine advice. You think its gonna cost me anything 2 lie. Thanks 4 ur time.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 6:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Thanks sabi mamas on the return policy for Wal-Mart.

@bisoye82,

Biko how do I know a superstore? Cos I want to change diaper bag(I Don prepare mine from naija come finer sef) to a portable baby bed

Modified

@cheldas,

LA is all about getting accommodation o. So arrange that one first. Very critical o.

@bait,

Since u haven't gotten d visa, what stops u from telling the VO u are pregnant? Pls include doctors correspondence and others. Do read up to check necessary ones

@ijeomaobi1, meaning apt is very expensive in LA? Does that mean I should just stick with my El Paso tinz? I'm just trying to cut cost because of this dollar wahala u no.
Pls advice, Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Calm down sir/ma. I wasn't speaking to you

Lol! So sorry for the mix up....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 6:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
happytbaby:
@ Firstymum,

If you got the visa for child birth the first time, let Mumsy apply now. You need help with a toddler although I have seen some mamas come alone with toddlers.

Even me wey dey go with mumsy, I am wondering how we are going to cope with my hyperactive 2yr old. Already looking for creche around our apartment. Just that dollar is not smiling.

@ Ezigbozi,

That your journey was so long. Pele dearie.

@ Cheldas
Please note that the apartment was not 600dollars, I was just thinking of giving out a room for that price. Also, since your wife is yet to get a visa, I do not think it will be a good idea to get an apartment on airbnb yet because you need to pay immediately to reserve your booking. However, airbnb does not remit the funds to the host until arrival date or a closer date (not sure of exact date though).

Thanks so much ma
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 6:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Abeg LadyG

That bait no serious. Reserve Ur energy for useful individuals. See her response to me that she doesn't think it's necessary to tell VO she is pregnant!! angry

@cheldas,

Settle accommodation first. Ask njidekachi and other mamas on the route to secure it. Dats my suggestion and not for u to change mind o. It's btw $1,200 to $2,000 per month. And u need to go through the ones mamas used for the cheaper ones

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:21pm On Jul 27, 2016
bait:

Yes ma am aware, I only stated I ws hopeful I get it. No am not married yet bt I wud b4 den. I only wanted 2 b truthful so as 2 get genuine advice. You think its gonna cost me anything 2 lie. Thanks 4 ur time.
Ist. As per my prior post , I just checked and I was replying the original poster...you.
2nd. I had no intention to be sarcastic or insult. I however would be doing any poster here a disservice if I was nice or skirted around the issue of misrepresentation.
I answered you based on the information you supplied.
Anyways bye bye

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shamecurls(m): 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello Mama`s

Please!

-Can Wiffy go to port health a week before flight as she will be flying with Arik?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
No, people have come to testify that they will only issue it same day as the trip. I also had the idea of going like two days before. Save her the stress please.

shamecurls:
Hello Mama`s

Please!

-Can Wiffy go to port health a week before flight as she will be flying with Arik?

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 7:07pm On Jul 27, 2016
firsttymum:

Initial visit 262
Circumcision 150
Donno about ultrasound

Thanks alot.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CXLVII: 7:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
happytbaby:
No, people have come to testify that they will only issue it same day as the trip. I also had the idea of going like two days before. Save her the stress please.

Thanks! Appreciate!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 7:19pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi, hope you and your LO are doing fine. I want to ask a quick question concerning this Emirates Lag Abj connection. When u checked ur luggage with Arik air on the leg to Abj, did u have to retrieve your bags and check in again when leaving Abj for Dubai?
I want to gauge how heavy my bags should be as I don't energy for stress. Thanks in advance

ezigbozi:

I actually skipped that part in my narration, they tried to harass me o, but I didn't answer them. My fit to fly letter showed I was 34 weeks but argued with them that it was Emirates that put me on their flight and they should check with them if they have any concerns as I am still within Emirates travel bracket, so they didn't bother me again. You may want to get a wavier directly from Emirates to further secure your trip, also make copies of your fit to fly letter I forgot to do that and kept explaining (they asked for it at every leg of the journey). Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:18pm On Jul 27, 2016
Happytbaby
Got it for vacation used it for vacations delivery and delivery again
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:22pm On Jul 27, 2016
Deyonsesi:
Thank you honourable club member, *seriously rolling my eyes*

Na to tie d tin afta dis one o, wthdrawal yen risky baje.

Withdrawal is too risky mehn... We r getting many o.... It failed Too many of us

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi mama's so I tried doing a dummy booking on BA app on my phone Lagos to Atlanta to leave Sept and return Oct and got $1363 return which isn't looking so bad, Sept Oct Nov & Dec and low seasons and perfect to purchase tickets but with this dollar rising and falling all will be well, cheers cheers!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Virtuousdiva: 9:03pm On Jul 27, 2016
debby516:
Good news. Got my visa this morning at 10am, Lagos.

Transcript below.

VO - Why are travelling to the US
ME - To have my baby
VO - Where are you going in US
ME - Houston
VO - What do you do?
ME - I am lawyer
VO - How long have you been in practice?
ME - About 6 years
VO - What does you husband do?
ME - He is also a lawyer
VO - Is this your 1st child?
ME - No, 2nd
VO - Have you travelled before?
ME - No
VO - Have you contacted a doctor?
ME - Yes (hands over the doc's correspondence)
she read through, page by page and continued typing)
VO - How much is your budget for this trip?
ME - About 16,500
Hands over the white paper and said i should pick up my visa on monday.

No bank statement, no budget sheet, no payslip, nothing. Got the biggest surprise of my life this morning. I read this forum from part 1 to 4, prepared as if i had Jamb exam. Had all my docs, hubby and I's bank statements, letter of sponsorship from hubby, letter from my office, my payslip, marriage cert, change of name publication, budget sheet, doc's correspondence, evidence of accommodation etc. VO didnt ask for a single doc other than doc's correspondence.

Meanwhile, they were just issuing blue paper to people today, even families going on vacation and those going for conference. I however observed that they gave visa to alot of elderly people.

Soo happy that a friend directed me to Nairaland and thank you great people for helping me out in this uphill task. Hoping to hear more good news.

Congrats on your visa success story.. I hope others can see it.. Read from Part 1-4 ooo.Read it like romance novel wink..It will help you and boost your confidence and knowledge. It cannot be said enough. Please are there any mamas planning to stay in Ramada El paso around September/October?Kindly send me a pm..God bless.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 9:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
My Mother-in-law appears to have misplaced her white paper. Can she pick her passport without it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by onye12: 10:53pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi,

Finding it hard getting the info I need as thread is too long.

1st visa application: Pregnant, applied for vacay, had wrong appointment date (emergency) hence no interview

2nd application: Didn't know I was pregnant, got the visa, went for vacay and had my baby as well. At POE, was given abt a month to stay. Applied for extension.

3rd application:applied for vacay, not pregnant, had all receipt paid, but visa was refused and expired visa cancelled

Would like to reapply, go for family vacay and try for a baby. Hopefully have a baby within the visa validity

Any advise?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 11:10pm On Jul 27, 2016
onye12:
Hi,

Finding it hard getting the info I need as thread is too long.

1st visa application: Pregnant, applied for vacay, had wrong appointment date (emergency) hence no interview

2nd application: Didn't know I was pregnant, got the visa, went for vacay and had my baby as well. At POE, was given abt a month to stay. Applied for extension.

3rd application:applied for vacay, not pregnant, had all receipt paid, but visa was refused and expired visa cancelled

Would like to reapply, go for family vacay and try for a baby. Hopefully have a baby within the visa validity

Any advise?
If 4th application will be any different from this sequence: Applied for family vacay, may be or may not be pregnant, had all receipt paid, visa refused, and expired visa over-cancelled; then it follows that the effect of the intricacies surrounding all of 2nd application on 3rd application must be completely unravelled and dealt with from the root. Avail the house of the transcripts especially that of 3rd and probably 2nd application. Clearly, there was a misrepresentation, let's know if you finished or helped your case during 3rd application's interview and advise therefrom.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 11:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
phummy2:

Hello Ajujuju2, pls how much did you pay to add your baby to your ticket with Airfrance and how dId they treat you with luggage allowance? Then were you able to get a bassinet on the plane? Want to know if it's cheaper to get to the airport first before paying or to call and pay online before the travel date. Thank you.

D price i paid at d airport was cheaper than what id almst paid over the fone. However i truly cant answer your question, bcz iv heard ppl say its usually more expensive in d day of flight.
Bassinet isnt automatic especially if you check in late and d flight is full with newborns. I usually check in online and pixk my seat or request expressly at counter check in.
AF is strict on luggage. Baby check in is 10kg anyth abov dat is charged as an excess. But baby carry-on is 12kg
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Lajoie33: 11:36pm On Jul 27, 2016
Honorable members! Remain blessed
Biko it just occurred to me that I dont know what exchange rate to use for my budget sheet. I had done one with N289/$1. Am I on the right track? pliss epp me
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by merrymum: 11:46pm On Jul 27, 2016
Mumtwins08:
Hi everyone ... Who has flown Lufthansa back to naija before ? Was ur babies car seat and stroller checked in for free ? Thanks

Yes. You can check them in or leave them at the airplane door to collect from same door when plane lands.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 11:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello house, Please I was gonna ask; which is better, to obtain Nigerian passport for baby in the US or obtain a Visa..
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 11:54pm On Jul 27, 2016
Moyetty:
Hello house, Please I was gonna ask; which is better, to obtain Nigerian passport for baby in the US or obtain a Visa..
honestly only u can answer this. Start with the function of a visa nd d function of a passport. Compare to price... Considering passport isn't done in every state and u must be present. At the end we all must do the passport even though d visa can serve u for a while

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by jacksparow(m): 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hello house.

Just read about this product from first bank Nigeria website called RIA where you can send naira equivalent of $5000 or more abroad.
NOTE: I just read about it and NEVER tried it before nor do i bank with them. Anyone who has either used it and wants to share or anyone who needs the service should contact first bank and let us know what is and what isn't please. Just for the benefit our our loving Mothers o!

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by kwentjules: 11:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Hi mama's... pls assist me in answering dis question.the *fit to fly letter *is it gotten from ones'family hospital back here in Nigeria or from port health? D port health is it in airport too that one can find den?

Anoda of my queshion? I intend staying for 16weeks dats 3months.. is it advisable to say 16weeks or 12weeks? (My visa is vacation based nt giving birth base)

On my visa application, I stated am goin on vacation to WISCONSIN with hubby.. we evn booked for a hotel in wisconsin.. bt as it stands now, am switching to California to stay in a friend s place... should I be worried?

The last BIkONU na sample of letter intent, I Done find am for this thread I no see am!! HELP A SISTER
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 12:00am On Jul 28, 2016
Onye12
Post ur transcript for 2nd and 3rd visa interview
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Moyetty: 12:03am On Jul 28, 2016
[quote author=firsttymum post=47950963] honestly only u can answer this. Start with the function of a visa nd d function of a passport. Compare to price... Considering passport isn't done in every state and u must be present. At the end we all must do the passport even though d visa can serve u for a while [/quote

Okk I get,..is Nigerian passport done in dallas, texas? Does any body know?..and how long do dey actually take when you apply Without expedite

(1) (2) (3) ... (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.