Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:50 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898423 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:42am On Aug 23, 2016
Colouredgirl:

Relax na,it actually did happen to a friend of mine..she was caughy in btwn wat she read on here and wat anoda friend of hers told her worked for her...no need to be harsh with your comment weDa na lie him dey or na truth
Nne our personalities and opinions are created By our experiences. Mine hasn't been a walk in the park thanks to my nationality.
I meant every word I said and will say it again and everytime. The harshness is MY opinion. Please feel free to give him yours.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:53am On Aug 23, 2016
XX01:
For those that have gone before, how did you do immunization?

Only Hep B vaccine is given at birth. You give the rest like BCG wen u get back to naija

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 5:45am On Aug 23, 2016
Hello house, please my people I need cheap tickets from October 2/3rd to December 36/27 to New York, please if any knows of cheap ticket reply so I can buy and apply for my PTA, thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 5:50am On Aug 23, 2016
XX01:
For those that have gone before, how did you do immunization?

Hepatitis B is given at birth. Depending on the state,the next set of immunizations is given at 2 months and most mamas are already back in Nigeria 4-6 weeks after baby's delivery.That's why you don't see cost of immunizations on the forum.If you are staying that long (2 months) you can budget 200-300 dollars depending on the paediatrician.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 6:11am On Aug 23, 2016
@LadyAy,

My baby got one vaccine during my hospital stay. It's included in hospital package. Any other vaccine, u pay for it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 6:18am On Aug 23, 2016
Actually, in the journey of life, we are all are caught between all kinds of opinions and suggestions and all what not. And we all have within us an intrinsic knowledge of good and evil.

Whatever path/ action we choose to gravitate towards is actually a testament to who we really are!

Afterall, the person could have chosen to go with the countless testimonies here of how saying the truth got them the visa or the POE success... Rather than the advice of ONE friend who lied to get through.

WE MUST LEARN TO CHANGE OUR MINDSET, AND THE TIME IS NOW!!
Let's learn to condemn bad things. And let's not be afraid to condemn it as harshly as possible too!

On a side note, Don't forget that your American kids may choose to live in the US someday. If we raise them like this (They are watching us and learning, believe it or not!), we are setting them up for trouble when they finally arrive here in their grown up years!

Colouredgirl:

Relax na,it actually did happen to a friend of mine..she was caughy in btwn wat she read on here and wat anoda friend of hers told her worked for her...no need to be harsh with your comment weDa na lie him dey or na truth

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Amy20: 6:30am On Aug 23, 2016
[quote author=SlowlybtSurely post=48253492]

Well, she said her spouse. . .

Haven't heard where a man's name was excluded from the birth certificate just cos of his absence. Many women here travel alone and don't have such issues.

Not doubting her. Just haven't heard of such.[/quote

Mine was equally excluded. Was just my name on my baby's birth cert cos hubby was absent. So it really does happen.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 7:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Nnystc:
Actually, in the journey of life, we are all are caught between all kinds of opinions and suggestions and all what not. And we all have within us an intrinsic knowledge of good and evil.

Whatever path/ action we choose to gravitate towards is actually a testament to who we really are!

Afterall, the person could have chosen to go with the countless testimonies here of how saying the truth got them the visa or the POE success... Rather than the advice of ONE friend who lied to get through.

Let's learn to condemn bad things. And let's not be afraid to condemn it as harshly as possible too!

On a side note, Don't forget that your American kids may choose to live in the US someday. If we raise them like this (They are watching us and learning, believe it or not!), we are setting them up for trouble when they finally arrive here in their grown up years!

God bless u 77 times 7 times! Ah ah! People will be calling the name of God and then do crazy stuff. And then call it a testimony. The blessings of God adds no sorrow to it.
He was reading the thread. He knew the right thing. Did the opposite and now comes on here for us to do the Naija thing and say eyaaaaa, now he has learnt. And then start looking for cut and join roads to refer him to.
You see people complaining about the state of the country yet we keep on going with the flow.
If the guy was joking, I can't even relate to the humour.

11 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 7:55am On Aug 23, 2016
pizzo20:
Hello house, I have been following this thread for months now, but I need to share my testimony.
I went for my interview with my wife and daughter and this was how it went.

VO good morning, can I have your passports pls.
me gm and handed them over.
vo why are you going to the us.
me for my annual vacation
vo do you have any friends or family there.
me nop, we will be staying in an hotel
vo what do you do
me. I told him with further explanation
vo how did you achieve that position
me, told him how
vo what does your wife do
wife answers him
vo how many ......... do you have
me answers firmly
vo...will you be going for any medicals during your stay in the us
me nop.
vo congrats, pick your visa in 2 working days.

but the truth about all of this is that we intend to have our baby in the us, please advise me as we have withheld this info from the vo during our interview.
thanks.

Pls sir, what advice are u asking for? Carry ur wahala go forward. I'm so glad u were asked if u will seek medical attention and u said NO. So wait and dance to ur own reggae and blues together. Rubbish mtchewwwwww

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zocken: 7:57am On Aug 23, 2016
My good people of nairaland, please don't brand me lazy. I don read tire so tey I don confuse self. DW will be birthing in Chicago by 1St week of November. She intends to travel by mid October. The choice of Chicago is because we have a relative there and we have also found an affordable hospital. However, after reading the scary POE issues there, she will be entering through another state. That's where the dilemma is. I don't even know which POE she should use self. Any advice on that? Pls help a brother. God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chanbaby: 7:59am On Aug 23, 2016
herrik066:
Seriously? omg! my dear country, see one of your killers.

Loooooooooooool. Very true. Killer indeed

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by temmytee1(f): 8:17am On Aug 23, 2016
feddy27:

I was told they receive on Wednesdays and must exhaust it same day. I don't know about the daillies thing o
thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 9:01am On Aug 23, 2016
herrik066:
Can we all pick one word to qualify Lady G's response to this guy/madam. I'll start first. Epic!!!!! grin

EOD (End of Discussion)!!! @ lady G: you are mouthed grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2016
EOD (End of Discussion) you are too mouthed grin grin grin grin

LadyGuinivere:

1. Check the meaning of a testimony. This your lie is NOT a testimony.
2. If you have indeed being reading this thread you would not come and post this...whatever it was you posted. I have no good word to describe it.
Oga you and your wife should please leave this thread alone. It wad not created for misrepresenters that give Nigerians a bad reputation and tough poe experiences.
You were reading the thread and saw folks preparing and declaring, you decided to be indolent and lie and now you have come to meet Harry Potter and Dumbledore to do magic for you abi? Ok. Wait for it....

My opinon is that I wish you are deported and banned. Nansense and ingridents.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by SlowlybtSurely: 9:41am On Aug 23, 2016
lobus:
My candid advise is that you send a mail to the embassy stating that you misrepresented and have decided to come clean. Tell them that you do not mind attending another interview to show that you have enough funds (assuming you do) and have made adequate arrangement with a Physician in the US (hoping you have). Tell them you didn't know that it was not a crime to birth in the US but realized your mistake after and decided to come clean (hoping you recently realized).

Na only you make sense on top this matter. kiss

He asked for advice and they want to e-lynch him. If you've got no advice, take several seats. No be by force. undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:54am On Aug 23, 2016
Zocken:
My good people of nairaland, please don't brand me lazy. I don read tire so tey I don confuse self. DW will be birthing in Chicago by 1St week of November. She intends to travel by mid October. The choice of Chicago is because we have a relative there and we have also found an affordable hospital. However, after reading the scary POE issues there, she will be entering through another state. That's where the dilemma is. I don't even know which POE she should use self. Any advice on that? Pls help a brother. God bless
What's ur main kweshun... Except I need glasses I don't understand what u need
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 9:55am On Aug 23, 2016
Ok now is the time for popcorn.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by brokewaist(f): 10:20am On Aug 23, 2016
sugah:
Standard Chartered has resumed international spend on their cards!

Although they did not state the rate but they had the lowest rate prior to the suspension of the cards

My dear, be very careful with standard chatered bank card. I paid for my daughter's bilirubin test using this card, the charge at the hospital was $350. When I went to get my zero balance, the finance lady informed me that I had a refund of $138 that was being processed. The rate I was charged when I paid was N275 to $1.

When the refund came, guess how much $138 amounted to............................... N17,321. I have gone to my branch here in PH to inform them that I will be reporting them to CBN.

Their story is that they use the official rate and charge 40% of the transaction as commision. I paid for the test on 28th of May and was refunded on the 20th of June.

If you must use this card, be sure that your transaction goes through the first time or be prepared to lose 40% of the value of your transaction.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 10:32am On Aug 23, 2016
happytbaby:
@Pamperme,

I know someone that is at Intown Suite, El Paso. What exactlt do you want her to check? Is it a mail or something? You may send me a pm as its not advisable for you to state your full names here.

Thanks ma. It's a mail o. Have sent you a pm request, kindly reply so i can give you the details. i appreciate o.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 10:50am On Aug 23, 2016
firsttymum:

Advice him on the best point of entry putting into consideration distance to final destination, costs, flights that ply that route, comfort, distance and hostility/niceness of CBPs

cheesy
Abi e no dey your jotter ? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumzt: 11:03am On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

He was reading the thread. He knew the right thing. Did the opposite and now comes on here for us to do the Naija thing and say eyaaaaa, now he has learnt. And then start looking for cut and join roads to refer him to.
You see people complaining about the state of the country yet we keep on going with the flow.
If the guy was joking[b], I can't even relate to the humour.[/b]

Can't relate to the humour too. So disheartening. Comes accross as being very proud of d misrepresentation.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:08am On Aug 23, 2016
Eeya! Sorry for your host o. Please try www.airbnb.com.

Latolly:
ABEG O, CAN ANYONE HELP WITH URGENT ACCOMODATION IN LA ( using Dr M). My host just lost a KID. It will be highly insensitive of me to carry my wahala join them now. Pls LA mamas abeg help, my plane leaves Sunday to arrive LA Monday afternoon. Biko pls.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by herrik066: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2016
Any info on PTA, good pple of NL
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 11:54am On Aug 23, 2016
feddy27:
Imo007 and chikos, thanks a lot. I will stick with the port health. Imagine, my hospital asking for 5k for fit to fly which I was never informed until at the point of collection. I left it there for dem jare undecided
Na there way. Some ask for up to 10k. I paid 5k dou. But some hospitals are cheaper, I paid less for first journey.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nnystc:

supu!!! Nnystc for president!!

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 1:00pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zocken:

She can try New York . JFK. I have quite good stories about the POE here. You can also read more to make a choice.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by valeriechima(f): 1:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello senior mamas,

Im yet to pack my hospital bag for delivery.. im a FTM and dont know what to pack in my bag..... abeg make una no yab me. thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zocken: 1:05pm On Aug 23, 2016
firsttymum:

My sister, which POE is advisable, considering that DW is trying to avoid Chicago POE due to the hostility overthere? She's bound to birth in Chicago by November. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Advice him on the best point of entry putting into consideration distance to final destination, costs, flights that ply that route, comfort, distance and hostility/niceness of CBPs

cheesy
Abi e no dey your jotter ? cheesy
E no dey at all... Even Agent wey dem dey pay no go fit answer this kweshun
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
valeriechima:
Hello senior mamas,

Im yet to pack my hospital bag for delivery.. im a FTM and dont know what to pack in my bag..... abeg make una no yab me. thanks

Is it for "the abroad "
if yes.. Nothing... Just the clothe you and ur baby will wear when u r discharged. Lotion if u r particular about what u rub. And mayb toothpaste.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zocken:

My sister, which POE is advisable, considering that DW is trying to avoid Chicago POE due to the hostility overthere? She's bound to birth in Chicago by November. Thanks
Oga this ur kweshun get as e b... But I'll try.
Advisable : this is totally ur choice... Poe is luck, preparedness, confidence, if u got ur visa for childbirth or for vacation bla bla. Avoiding Chicago is a good idea tho.

So I don't think we can decide which poe is best. Thank God you have been reading so there must b one that ur heart has warmed up to
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 1:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
Colouredgirl:
I entered yankee thru Houston Poe on sunday...

It wsnt easy but God took charge
Will give una the gist tomao

Chei! these Houston stories are just giving the jitters. This is why I have not booked my flight. Still don't know if I should go through any of the smooth POEs like JFK or just brace up and face my demons at Houston POE. Can someone please borrow me her/his faith make I add on top the one I have? I guess I need a lot of it cos I must come here testify too.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.