Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,942 members, 7,952,801 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:54 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (927686 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 6:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks my sis, am checking o but not making any headway.

quote author=happytbaby post=48729887]Eeya! Sorry for your host o. Please try www.airbnb.com.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 6:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
debby516:
This got me rolling wit laughter... American baby in Walter Carrington?

Based on international Law, the baby is an American citizen because inside the Embassy is seen as part of the home country of the embassy. I don't think this jurisprudence has ever been tested for the validity.

Once this is tested in Law and it is confirmed that the baby is a bona-fide citizen haven been born inside an embassy, I trust my Nigeria people to start timing their visa interview to fall on their EDD. Afterall it is cheaper and less stressful to born inside embassy than all these long trips to America, POE wahala etc. Lol

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
debby516:
This got me rolling wit laughter... American baby in Walter Carrington?
Yesso.
This na strict interpretation of the law. If a person also born inside american plane on top international waters, the pikin fit get US citizenship sef. Na because person never show them something for that walter carrington grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Abuleoshi:

Based on international Law, the baby is an American citizen because inside the Embassy is seen as part of the home country of the embassy. I don't think this jurisprudence has ever been tested for the validity.

Once this is tested in Law and it is confirmed that the baby is a bona-fide citizen haven been born inside an embassy, I trust my Nigeria people to start timing their visa interview to fall on their EDD. Afterall it is cheaper and less stressful to born inside embassy than all these long trips to America, POE wahala etc. Lol
Ya papa no loss the law school fees e pay for ya head grin
You carry book comot from dia
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Abuleoshi:

brilliant conflicts & jurisprudence student.. take high five cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abuleoshi: 8:07pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nigerian people una too like easy way. Americans don know say Nigerians like easy way. Dem don block una make una no go dey born for their embassy with their 14th amendment. Hahahahhaa

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Abuleoshi:
Nigerian people una too like easy way. Americans don know say Nigerians like easy way. Dem don block una make una no go dey born for their embassy with their 14th amendment. Hahahahhaa
Oh noooooooo! Why did they block my road like this? grin
See person don akshually ask the kweshion o. See? No be everybody where wear cloth dey think normal o!
Chloe sorry ehhh. U go enter plane go born tongue

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mzmobolanle: 9:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hello house,
I am glad to announce to you lovely people that I gained a lot from this forum. A friend referred me this forum to me Tho and I took my time to go through all the pages here.
Anyways in the spirit of giving back lol...
I had my interview on the 2nd of August in lagos, 6:30 am, I was 33weeks. I was the first person on the queue and I was the first person to be interviewed.
My interview went like this....
Me: Good morning (with a smile).
VO: Good morning, passport please. (passed my passport)
VO: Why are you going to the U.S.? Me: Childbirth.
VO: oh! Where?
Me: Houston,Texas.
VO: Pass me all your documents.
(Then I passed my doctor's correspondence, receipt from Dr Dama stating the amount I have paid, hospitals documents and receipts, accommodation receipt from Sojurbanliving, budget sheet, statement of account, maternity leave letter, husband's sponsorship letter, and marriage certificate).
She went through everything.
VO: How did you find out about this doctor? Me: A colleague of mine referred him to me that he's really good and he also delivered his wife's and everything seemed perfect.
So I went online, I got his number, called him. I was sent an email informed about the fees and what I needed to do and know. Vo: ok, how much will this trip cost you Me: About 16,000 dollars equivalent to 'so so so' in naira(I said the amount then because dollar was 360 then). VO: What do you do?
Me: I work for 'Bla Bla bla investments' as the 'bla bla bla' , I earn 'bla bla bla' but my husband is the main sponsor of the trip.
Vo: oh, I see. What does your husband do? Me: He's the ceo of 'bla bla bla' with the capacity of 'bla bla bla' staffs, it's located at 'bla bla bla' VO: (typing and going through the documents) Okay, make sure you pay up your balance. me: Yes ma'am
Vo: Pick up your visa in 3 days time (then she gave me the white paper and my documents.
I was happy ehn like really I got the white paper. Yaay! I flew airfrance/klm 3weeks and 2days after @36weeks ; Lagos-Amsterdam-Houston, my poe was houston. I had enough background knowledge on how it's gonna be from what I read here. When we got to IAH, I entered the restroom to clean my face and look a bit fresh U kno as a fine geh.
Cbp: (tries calling my name) or didn't I pronounce it right? Me : I'll give you 4/10 on the pronunciation. (We both chuckled) Cbp: Okay, so why are you in houston? Me: Childbirth. Cbp: Where exactly are you going to? Me: Sugar land Cbp: Where will you be staying? And how long will you be staying for? Me: I already sorted my accommodation with s
Spring of Joy Urban Living and I have made payment. I have a letter stating that and the address of where I will be staying. I will be staying for two months.
Cbp: Oh let's see, have you contacted any doctor? Me: oh yes! Dr Dama Ziwortin and I have also sorted the bills. Cbp: Okay, do you have receipts? Me: Yes. [left][/left]
(passed him all the receipts including the hospital's, with the budget sheet stating how much I have paid and the balance to be paid) Cbp: So, how do you intend to pay the rest? Me: Well, I am prepared for that. I have 5k cash with me and I have a debit card worth 12k dollars incase of emergency. Cbp: Where is your husband? Is he coming later? Me: He's in Nigeria. Well, I am not sure for now if he will be coming or not. That will depend on his work schedules and all. Cbp: Is this your first ? Me: Yes (blushing).
Cbp: How will you cope alone? Me: Trust me, I will *winks*. Cbp: (smiles) Make sure you don't take Medicaid , Me: Naaah, I won't.
Cbp: I am telling you this just incase you insist you were not told about it. So, I am telling you now. Besides, it will affect your next visit. Do make sure you keep all your receipts.
(then he stamped me in)
Cbp: Enjoy your stay maam .
Me: Thanks (with a broad smile) No secondary inspection, he didn't even count my money, no agric, I brought in all my food stuff. *big smile* And yes, 'no fit to fly' was asked all through the trip. Thanks to you guys (most especially the professors in the house) for all the information and for your sharing spirit, YOU GuYS ROCk!!! , God bless you all abundantly...*mwah* sorry for the long story *biko*

37 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 9:56pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Oh noooooooo! Why did they block my road like this? grin
See person don akshually ask the kweshion o. See? No be everybody where wear cloth dey think normal o!
Chloe sorry ehhh. U go enter plane go born tongue
Chai Chai Chai embarassed I was beginning to think finally there's an easy way out, Lmao cheesy grin cheesy na wa o, I go enter aeroplane 2018 grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 10:02pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hi Zocken,
I'm also headed to Chicago next week by God's grace and I'm using New York POE. I heard Atlanta too is okay. From New York one way ticket costs as little as $65 if you buy early. You're lucky you even heard early enough, we had already bought tickets to O'hare Chicago, then thanks to Nairaland had to cancel and buy new tickets with another airline. God help us all !!!

quote author=Zocken post=48724467]My good people of nairaland, please don't brand me lazy. I don read tire so tey I don confuse self. DW will be birthing in Chicago by 1St week of November. She intends to travel by mid October. The choice of Chicago is because we have a relative there and we have also found an affordable hospital. However, after reading the scary POE issues there, she will be entering through another state. That's where the dilemma is. I don't even know which POE she should use self. Any advice on that? Pls help a brother. God bless[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 11:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks for your response @ijeomaobi1

quote author=ijeomaobi1 post=48722240]@LadyAy,

My baby got one vaccine during my hospital stay. It's included in hospital package. Any other vaccine, u pay for it.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 12:04am On Aug 24, 2016
Latolly:
ABEG O, CAN ANYONE HELP WITH URGENT ACCOMODATION IN LA ( using Dr M). MY HOST JUST LOST A KID. It will be highly insensitive of me to carry my wahala join them now. Pls LA mamas abeg help, my plane leaves Sunday to arrive LA Monday afternoon. Biko pls.
@ NYSTC, pls can I PM you. Can be reached on dokkita2002@yahoo.com
Sorry about your host loss.Accommodation in LA is not cheap o because a good furnished one ranges from 2000-2500 monthly.
If your host didn't come out to say you shouldn't come please just tip toe inside house quickly o.it will only be akwaŕd if you are not really close to them.

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amynuch: 12:15am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=estasplash post=48421438]Hello all, pls I'm trying to renew my visa via dropbox, after filling and submitting the D-160 I went to schedule an appointment but I'm not seeing the option for dropbox. I'm only seeing dates for interview. Pls I need help on hw to renew via dropbox.

please estasplash how did you go with the drop box thing? Plus have you given birth in the US before? Please enlighten me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 12:20am On Aug 24, 2016
Bisoye82:

Sorry about your host loss.Accommodation in LA is not cheap o because a good furnished one ranges from 2000-2500 monthly.
If your host didn't come out to say you shouldn't come please just tip toe inside house quickly o.it will only be akwaŕd if you are not really close to them.

@ bisoye82
Thanks sis, I appreciate time and effort you spent replying, still searching, I no get the liver. My conscience go prick me die. Travelling with hubby and daughter.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MzYemie(f): 1:00am On Aug 24, 2016
I've sent u a PM. I'd email u the guys details(dunno why the post was removed as I didn't put any details), I didn't want wahala which is why I didn't respond earlier, I hope he'd be able to help as he has done for my family in the past. Sorry dear

Zpearlz1:

Thanks lobus & ladyG..I have searched but cant find it on the thread. Please if anyone has the contact, please send to me. I am just here confused, crying and wondering why things are turning out this way.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:28am On Aug 24, 2016
[quote author=amynuch post=48748087][/quote]

Proceed with the normal booking process on the dashboard and follow the prompts. If you answer yes to all the relevant questions, it takes you to the dropbox confirmation page

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:39am On Aug 24, 2016
@Zpeariz good luck with this process.
If you make it through, please make sure to point out that your travel stamp to dubai was not fake.

MzYemie:
I've sent u a PM. I'd email u the guys details(dunno why the post was removed as I didn't put any details), I didn't want wahala which is why I didn't respond earlier, I hope he'd be able to help as he has done for my family in the past. Sorry dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NorthernshoreTS(m): 2:55am On Aug 24, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 3:58am On Aug 24, 2016
Embassy ke? The speed with which they will bundle that person inside ambulance and rush and deposit her in Reddington hospital or even Island Maternity ehn?!
You go fear fear!

If she nor careful, na for Bonny camp junction she go born the pickin... Inside Ambulance!
Make una tink am well oh!
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Abuleoshi:

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 4:21am On Aug 24, 2016
Latolly:

@ bisoye82
Thanks sis, I appreciate time and effort you spent replying, still searching, I no get the liver. My conscience go prick me die. Travelling with hubby and daughter.
https://www.airbnb.co.in/rooms/5759708
Try the link,contact the host to discuss if you can get the dates you need and discuss price.if you need pointers you can pm me.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ashedzi: 4:51am On Aug 24, 2016
Colouredgirl:
I entered yankee thru Houston Poe on sunday...

It wsnt easy but God took charge
Will give una the gist tomao

Hi hi, abeg find time come share ur POE experience with that of ur Friend if possible so we can all benefit from it. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:03am On Aug 24, 2016
MzYemie:

ok. Thank you and God bless
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OmoBendel24: 6:19am On Aug 24, 2016
Zpearlz1:
go@northernshore

Good morning, i just pmed you. Thanks for reaching out, God bless you

Shine ya eyes oh! 5 post, no, 3 post actually, in 3 years.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:57am On Aug 24, 2016
damsell:
I Firsttymum, hiya. I gathered you're seriously prospecting LA. Please any headway on ur affordable accommodation yet? I practically sleep on airbnb, vrbo and travelmob these days considering I'm trying to balance budget, location, neighborhood and quality together. Not easy mehnn
yes I am. But I love my Dr E
.. So I'm in a fix somehow... I'm going to have to compare positives and negative later to make a choice
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 6:58am On Aug 24, 2016
OmoBendel24:

Shine ya eyes oh! 5 post, no, 3 post actually, in 3 years.
as in en...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:17am On Aug 24, 2016
Has any LA mama paid her bills before going?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 7:37am On Aug 24, 2016
Abeg all this peepz going to LA. Why not contact d ladies that have given birth there or about to? Make un a check well.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 8:26am On Aug 24, 2016
ijeomaobi1:
Abeg all this peepz going to LA. Why not contact d ladies that have given birth there or about to? Make un a check well.
most people stayed with relatives... And paid when dey got there
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 8:49am On Aug 24, 2016
Good mamas in the building, my wife was at the embassy yesterday
Vo: gd am ma
Wifeey: gd am sir
Vo: why are you goin to the us
Wifeey: for childbirth
Vo: what does your hubby do
Wifeey: bla bla bla
Vo: what do you do
Wifeey: bla bla bla
Vo: have you travelled before
Wifeey: no sir
Vo: has your hubby travelled before
Wifeey: yes sir
Vo: to where
Wifeey: so so and so
Vo: does he have usa visa
Wifeey: no
Vo: can I have your own bank statement
Wifeey: here is it sir
Vo: is this your account
Wifeey: yes sir
Vo: I'm sorry you are not qualified, handed blue paper

Let me explain her account details here pls, she bears my name on passport as mrs abc but she has not changed her acc name cos she still bears miss xyz and this xyz name she have with her old passport of this name. Also, her own account has slim amount of money while mine has the larger sum (times 6 of her account bal.) cos I'm the on sponsoring the trip but the VO does not request for mine.
@ all gurus here what do you think she should do at this point cos I'm think she should reapply or we both apply together cos we don't have time again cos she will be due by late oct. We got expedited app for this, can we still get one again and should I apply with her or let her go alone?

Whatever you guys suggest is final

Thanks for your contribution so far.
@ O'cheldas
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shagaman: 8:54am On Aug 24, 2016
firsttymum:
Shagaman I see you peeping

hahahahahahaha @firsttymum i always check na...you know nowadays one can not say when missionary journey can occur...How are you doing.
I hail the house ooo,can see the ministry is thriving well..@justwise,phema i hail unnaa well well.

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (405)

UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General German Visa Enquiries Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.