Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,984 members, 7,810,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:20 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (305) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898181 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by valeriechima(f): 1:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
firsttymum:

Is it for "the abroad "
if yes.. Nothing... Just the clothe you and ur baby will wear when u r discharged. Lotion if u r particular about what u rub. And mayb toothpaste.
Yes firsttymum...oh thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
valeriechima:

Yes firsttymum...oh thanks
One more thing... Ensure ur bag is kinda big so it can contain what ever dey give you at discharge. Like extra pads... Diaper, wipes, pants, food etc

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Shagaman I see you peeping
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
BeckyU:

Chei! these Houston stories are just giving the jitters. This is why I have not booked my flight. Still don't know if I should go through any of the smooth POEs like JFK or just brace up and face my demons at Houston POE. Can someone please borrow me her/his faith make I add on top the one I have? I guess I need a lot of it cos I must come here testify too.
Was your visa not gotten for xchildbirth?
Nne the ONLY reason one should be afraid of poe IMO is if your visa was gotten with klegged wakaring.
After your refusal, I'm sure its on the record that u intend to give birth.
There's this song ... Can't remember the singer ...goes sumn like this
'...I'm walking in power cos I know who I am...'
That's the confidence you should be wakaring with. So unless e get something when u never yarn, you no get issues.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Nne the ONLY reason one should be afraid of poe IMO is if your visa was gotten with klegged wakaring.
That's the confidence you should be wakaring with. So unless e get something when u never yarn, you no get issues.

Her name is Sinach. I love that song
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 1:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
firsttymum:
One more thing... Ensure ur bag is kinda big so it can contain what ever dey give you at discharge. Like extra pads... Diaper, wipes, pants, food etc
hmmmm! darris a very good tip. which i cant and shant forget! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gracefultosin: 2:15pm On Aug 23, 2016
Good Afternoon , please is try any mum in the house going to el paso in September or October for child birth. Kindly Inbox me to chat for working things together.

Regards
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TOKNOW: 2:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
ultimatebas:

@ TOKNOW. Baby took in amniotic fluid,one of his lungs collapsed at birth,wasn't breathing well (although naa their report no be God report). Baby was on oxygen for 2 days and was given antibiotics . The story too long. I was busy screaming that they should give me my baby after my baby had stayed there for 3 days, because i remembered a lady's bill here (on NL) was about $200,000. I was in a dilemma, i wanted the best for my baby and i also didn't want my baby to stay there too long. Was so perturbed but later that day, we got a very good news that our baby was fine but still required monitoring of his sugar level and would be discharged the following day. The following day wifey and baby were discharged.I realised the importance of giving birth abroad when we got to Nijja ,because my wife's friend had a baby that took in amniotic fluid and the baby died the following day.
We are so grateful to God .
Cheers
cool cool

Thanks be to God for everything. CONGRATS once more

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by amynuch: 3:08pm On Aug 23, 2016
Good day everyone, am not quite new but i have been away long enough... please my question is a bit diverting from what's trending. Can anyone throw more light on drop box and this thing i hear about the embassy inviting those who have gone to birth on B1B2 visa to appear in person before visa can be re issued. I just heard this new development and would want to know if anyone has first hand experience and how it went.
Ps: sorry for any inconvenience.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:30pm On Aug 23, 2016
Hi everyone,I have been reading through this trend and it has been so helpful,thank you all.please I will like to find that if anyone has had their baby in los angeles,am looking for a hospital and doctor there before I apply for my visa cos I 'll be applying as a birth tourist
.thanks alot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by BeckyU: 4:01pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I just love it when this lady talks. Thanks LadyG. With all the shredding I have received from you on this forum, I must have my success story. And yes my dear, na only childbirth be reason wey I give to VO. Didn't have liver to mention vacation. Who is vacationing in this hard dollar times?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Even me I'm interested in the answer cos that will probably be my answer. Better healthk with the perk of citizenship grin

Thanks a lot LadyG. Didn't actually see that you had responded to my question before. Thanks again. Kudos to you and the rest of the NL mamas for encouraging us in honesty. Believe me, it seems like a small thing, but in the future Naija mamas may become the positive reference point for truth telling and visa getting!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumdearest: 4:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
gracefultosin:
Good Afternoon , please is try any mum in the house going to el paso in September or October for child birth. Kindly Inbox me to chat for working things together.

Regards

hello, a sister of mine will be travelling to elpaso in sept.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
Good day all, guess you all are having a wonderful day? Sadly, i got a mail from the us embassy that my request for expedited interview was denied. They didnt state reasons. I have just given up on everything. I am thinking of canceling the normal appointment which is 4 oct because i will put to bith befor then. Just want to say thank you for the responses i got and i wish all expectant mums a safe delivery

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
In the US and From my various experiences:
1- Change of clothes that I will go home in, (including underwear, make up, etc.
I also like to take some personal toiletries that i cannot do without, and i know hospital wont give me e,g my Clinique facial wash and toner, face cream)
2- Clothes for baby to go home in.
3- Phones, ipad, ipod, etc including EARPIECE and most importantly CHARGERS! (The hands free earpiece allows me to make and receive calls conveniently when lying down, breastfeeding, pumping milk, etc)
4- My camera because i have one and i always want to use it (I usually pack mine because family/ friends even nurses can use it to take very good pictures of me and baby)
5- My eyeglasses! (I use it for reading and so i don't wear it every minute)
6- Car seat because baby will not be released if they don't see your car seat (your hosts can bring this for you later, but if you're on your own, it makes sense to carry it with you when going)
7- Things to munch on the days after baby (groundnut, cashew, ukwa...) The salty American munchies nor dey gree me at all...

valeriechima:
Hello senior mamas,

Im yet to pack my hospital bag for delivery.. im a FTM and dont know what to pack in my bag..... abeg make una no yab me. thanks

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zpearlz1:
Good day all, guess you all are having a wonderful day? Sadly, i got a mail from the us embassy that my request for expedited interview was denied. They didnt state reasons. I have just given up on everything. I am thinking of canceling the normal appointment which is 4 oct because i will put to bith befor then. Just want to say thank you for the responses i got and i wish all expectant mums a safe delivery
Nnem I'm very sorry o. Life just does us like that sometimes . If I were to talk I'll say leave it but I dunno if you l be well enough to attend the interview then. Tell them you applied for birthing but as u don born u now wan use am for vacation.

On another note sha, if person dey US embassy, technically the person dey US soil. So if e come born INSIDE the embassy, no be American pikin? grin

13 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 4:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
BeckyU:

I just love it when this lady talks. Thanks LadyG. With all the shredding I have received from you on this forum, I must have my success story. And yes my dear, na only childbirth be reason wey I give to VO. Didn't have liver to mention vacation. Who is vacationing in this hard dollar times?
Adanne I don't shred o! Or at least that's not my aim. I say the truth without serere or wearing it fine dress. Its better if our shortcomings are dealt with here than by CBP.

@nnystc make up kwa grin
So you are one of those people that rub mary kay to enter labour room ? cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zpearlz1:

I think i know how you must be feeling. However, someone on this thread mentioned something about someone that can help get a closer date. Search and PM the person if road dey for there.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 4:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nne.
Siddon dia!
Make up dikwa essential...
When the ladies from Mom365 come for free photoshoot, i gatz to be prepared. grin cheesy grin

Me that is looking for Mac counter to go and upgrade my make up temporarily... This baby don change my colour to charcoal for now.
#NoDulling

LadyGuinivere:

Adanne I don't shred o! Or at least that's not my aim. I say the truth without serere or wearing it fine dress. Its better if our shortcomings are dealt with here than by CBP.

@nnystc make up kwa grin
So you are one of those people that rub mary kay to enter labour room ? cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Latolly: 4:55pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks my sis, am checking o but not majing any headway.

quote author=happytbaby post=48729887]Eeya! Sorry for your host o. Please try www.airbnb.com.

[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chirolechick: 4:57pm On Aug 23, 2016
But lady G, what if the visa was originally gotten for vacation and it has been used for that purpose but you now want to use it for childbirth, shouldn't that be a cause for worry since this letter of change of intent holds no water anymore? sad

LadyGuinivere:

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by debby516(f): 5:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
This got me rolling wit laughter... American baby in Walter Carrington?
LadyGuinivere:

Nnem I'm very sorry o. Life just does us like that sometimes . If I were to talk I'll say leave it but I dunno if you l be well enough to attend the interview then. Tell them you applied for birthing but as u don born u now wan use am for vacation.

On another note sha, i[b]f person dey US embassy, technically the person dey US soil. So if e come born INSIDE the embassy, no be American pikin[/b]? grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
Chirolechick:
But lady G, what if the visa was originally gotten for vacation and it has been used for that purpose but you now want to use it for childbirth, shouldn't that be a cause for worry since this letter of change of intent holds no water anymore? sad

I wrote about this scenarion a few days ago.
It is not illegal to birth in the US. The visa for birthing is the same as vacation.
So if God blessed you within that 2 year validity, ideally speaking you don't even have any business writing them. But we set the standard and it has become the norm. In my opinion you still have no issues because there was no misrepresentation and clearly you have done what u said you were going to do with the visa.
When you are in the right, logic becomes your answer to the cbps. (Walking in power mehn!)
Its only when kurukere dey that your mouth will be shaking. U get?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
lobus:

I think i know how you must be feeling. However, someone on this thread mentioned something about someone that can help get a closer date. Search and PM the person if road dey for there.

Thanks lobus & ladyG..I have searched but cant find it on the thread. Please if anyone has the contact, please send to me. I am just here confused, crying and wondering why things are turning out this way.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:24pm On Aug 23, 2016
ejirouviase:
Hi everyone, I have been reading through this trend and it has been so helpful,thank you all. please I will like to find that if anyone has had their baby in los angeles,am looking for a hospital and doctor there before I apply for my visa cos I 'll be applying as a birth tourist
.thanks alot
shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Chirolechick: 5:28pm On Aug 23, 2016
Thanks dear, I get...my mind don strong smiley

LadyGuinivere:

I wrote about this scenarion a few days ago.
It is not illegal to birth in the US. The visa for birthing is the same as vacation.
So if God blessed you within that 2 year validity, ideally speaking you don't even have any business writing them. But we set the standard and it has become the norm. In my opinion you still have no issues because there was no misrepresentation and clearly you have done what u said you were going to do with the visa.
When you are in the right, logic becomes your answer to the cbps. (Walking in power mehn!)
Its only when kurukere dey that your mouth will be shaking. U get?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:35pm On Aug 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

hmmmm! darris a very good tip. which i cant and shant forget! cheesy
that pad and disposable pant dey give makes sense en.... It's to b collecting. They check and refill especially when dey are changing shift. It's to move it to ur bag o. I didn't see that type of pad to buy...... My husband just dey laugh me...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:39pm On Aug 23, 2016
Nnystc:
In the US and From my various experiences:
1- Change of clothes that I will go home in, (including underwear, make up, etc.
I also like to take some personal toiletries that i cannot do without, and i know hospital wont give me e,g my Clinique facial wash and toner, face cream)
2- Clothes for baby to go home in.
3- Phones, ipad, ipod, etc including EARPIECE and most importantly CHARGERS! (The hands free earpiece allows me to make and receive calls conveniently when lying down, breastfeeding, pumping milk, etc)
4- My camera because i have one and i always want to use it (I usually pack mine because family/ friends even nurses can use it to take very good pictures of me and baby)
5- My eyeglasses! (I use it for reading and so i don't wear it every minute)
6- Car seat because baby will not be released if they don't see your car seat (your hosts can bring this for you later, but if you're on your own, it makes sense to carry it with you when going)
7- Things to munch on the days after baby (groundnut, cashew, ukwa...) The salty American munchies nor dey gree me at all...

This why some people will get 10/10 and some will get 3/10...
Standard answer... Correct gey woman

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 5:42pm On Aug 23, 2016
Zpearlz1:

Thanks lobus & ladyG..I have searched but cant find it on the thread. Please if anyone has the contact, please send to me. I am just here confused, crying and wondering why things are turning out this way.
Oh sweetie refresh by midnight or early hours.. U might be lucky... I wish the person can read ur post and reply... Good luck dear
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
I rmbr dat post too @zpearl1 but unfortunately can't remember the page number but I know it's in this part 4 and maybe around the 90th-200th page. Too bad I can't be of more help. @ejirouviase LA mum looking for info on LA hospital and doc, that info is plentiful on the thread fa. Just use the search box, type St Francis Med centre, or Centinela or even Dr. M and find mommas who have used LA then read up their posts and you would get the info plus you could also help in coming up with additional info or more hospitals self. Firsttymum, hiya. I gathered you're seriously prospecting LA. Please any headway on ur affordable accommodation yet? I practically sleep on airbnb, vrbo and travelmob these days considering I'm trying to balance budget, location, neighborhood and quality together. Not easy mehnn

(1) (2) (3) ... (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.