Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,661 members, 7,809,502 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:38 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (309) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (897942 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dunnibaby: 9:43am On Aug 25, 2016
ladyAy:
Hey my sister @dunnibaby smiley grin. Yes oh we are using the same doctor. No worries I'll email you. Take care !!!
quote author=dunnibaby post=48779189]
Lady Ay,
I'm a silent learner and reader on this great platform. I'm Chicago bound come 1st week of October by the grace of Almighty God. Looks like we are using the same doctor (Nigerian Dr. A). I tried to pm you to no avail. I'm sure u won't want to share your email here. Can u please send me a mail on fad109@yahoo.com? Thanks

I'm waiting for your mail my sister, God bless you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 9:44am On Aug 25, 2016
Yay congrats @feddy27. It will end in praise!!!
quote author=feddy27 post=48780556]My people, my people!!!! 2nd missionary starting successfully.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 9:48am On Aug 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Issit for expedited date? The person just posted na. She offered zpeariz to pm her

Not expedited cos We used expedited for the last interview and lobus said we can't use it anymore but to get closer date or I let go and do vacation for the whole family come feb if crazy dollar don come down.
I can do expedited cos I did the last one myself. Pls what's your take
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 9:51am On Aug 25, 2016
Email sent!!! @dunnibaby
quote author=dunnibaby post=48783933]

I'm waiting for your mail my sister, God bless you.[/quote]
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:12am On Aug 25, 2016
@MzYemie:

I cant say thank you enough. May God bless and meet you at your point of needs. The guy got 8th sept for me, thats about 3 weeks to my edd.
I also want to say thank you to all of you that has reached out to me. I pray this time, my visa will be approved.

Ps: the appointment letter with the doctor is 29th aug and my intended date of travel i filled on the form is 27th aug. i have submitted the form already. Does it matter? Is it possible to fill another form and change the intended travel date or i should leave it like that?

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 10:19am On Aug 25, 2016
Congratulations lady.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy this CRAZY heat! May God complete our journeys with beautiful testimonies. Keep your eyes open... We just may pass each other somewhere. wink cheesy

feddy27:
My people, my people!!!! 2nd missionary starting successfully!

I entered LA today at 1.30pm US time using Turkish airline. The airport was quite full so I followed the express queue since I was with my toddler.
Congrats to all on your successful POE stories! God will crown our efforts with outstanding success.

Concerning this visa on arrival, I stopped by at the 'visa on arrival immigration office' at abuja and enquired. They said it is for Business Investors Only!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lobus: 10:32am On Aug 25, 2016
Zpearlz1:
@MzYemie:

I cant say thank you enough. May God bless and meet you at your point of needs. The guy got 8th sept for me, thats about 3 weeks to my edd.
I also want to say thank you to all of you that has reached out to me. I pray this time, my visa will be approved.

Ps: the appointment letter with the doctor is 29th aug and my intended date of travel i filled on the form is 27th aug. i have submitted the form already. Does it matter? Is it possible to fill another form and change the intended travel date or i should leave it like that?

The VO would most likely ask you what has changed from your last interview so, have your points. Wish you the very best.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by veleta: 10:40am On Aug 25, 2016
@Teamie, congratulations dear. Enjoy your stay. Please team LA,i need your prayers,would be coming in next week.
God bless us all in Jesus Name, Amen.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 10:49am On Aug 25, 2016
Zpearlz1:
@MzYemie:

@Zpearlz1
Pls show me way. I just PMd u. Wish you all the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 10:51am On Aug 25, 2016
cheldas:

@Zpearlz1
Pls show me way. I just PMd u. Wish you all the best

Ok. I will send you a mail now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 11:05am On Aug 25, 2016
cheldas:

Mama O,
Thanks jare, my spirit was downcast until I read post from U, lobus,gurlnext2u and toknow. Should apply with her or she should face the music herself. Rmbr, I told you an agent misrepresented for me in the past in 2010. Thanks always madam G-unit. Kikikikikikikikikikikiikiii
Biko. Do not use your reggae to spoil her blues. When she comot the toothpick from her eye, thewn you fit face the iroko when dey your facew cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 11:35am On Aug 25, 2016
feddy27:
My people, my people!!!! 2nd missionary starting successfully!

Concerning this visa on arrival, I stopped by at the 'visa on arrival immigration office' at abuja and enquired. They said it is for Business Investors Only!

Congrats on your successful start. The rest of the journey will be a breeze.

Concerning that visa on arrival, i had pointed out that on the website it states that it is for business investors only that's why there is no DIY on it. I guess the passport agent on this thread was trying to sell his market.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TripleKMama: 11:43am On Aug 25, 2016
Cheap ticket alert.
I noticed tickets are coming down small small. United 328K for my Oct-Jan Abj-NY trip. I know United no longer flies naija but dey said "powered by Lufthansa".
Pls who get info on dis kain waka?
Also did Lufthansa direct website & got 341K.
Abeg epp a sister in dilemma. To book or not to book.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ladyAy: 12:06pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hmm sister you are still asking question? From my little experience the past few weeks with ticket palava, abeg book oh sharply!!!

quote author=TripleKMama post=48787151]Cheap ticket alert.
I noticed tickets are coming down small small. United 328K for my Oct-Jan Abj-NY trip. I know United no longer flies naija but dey said "powered by Lufthansa".
Pls who get info on dis kain waka?
Also did Lufthansa direct website & got 341K.
Abeg epp a sister in dilemma. To book or not to book. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 12:12pm On Aug 25, 2016
Finally, it's my turn to share my testimony. Yayyy!!!! I'm sorry it might be a long post. E ma binu. Please it's the excitement.
I stumbled on this thread in February, when I was trying to find out cost of delivery in the US so as to include in the family budget for the year. I no even know say belle don enter.
I already had a B1/B2 visa that I got last year for my dad's funeral (yea, long story) and DH & I had decided to have our next baby before the visa expired. So the search started. I found the thread and I pmed a lot of people. Thankfully most of them replied despite me being a ghost reader. (I am so grateful to you all, can't remember all your names but from the bottom of my heart, I say thank you). I had to go AWOL in March & April as I had terrible hyperemesis gravidarum.
Anyways, fastforward to June, we had made up our minds for El paso as they seemed to be the only one still accepting wire transfers. In July, I paid the hospital bills. I also mail the consulate to find out if I could use my visa for delivery but I got the usual generic response for notification of intent.
Thanks to the wonderful mama (simababe I think) who shared her experience with flying with Qatar airways. Contacted the airline via email to confirm the need for Medif form but I was told I didn't need it as I was flying at exactly 32wks. But oversabi me still went to their office as I didn't want to hear stories that touch later on.
Meanwhile, abeg make we dey shine our eyes well. I was trying to do the 6wks to flight date booking for cheap ticket price o and network was acting up, me sef, sleep dey catch me but I no want miss 6wks deadline. I sha booked on hold that night, paid at the bank the next day. After confirming the payment na im I see say, na 2 stops i go pick (lagos-doha, doha to heathrow, then heathrow to dallas). Hian!! I called to find out if I could re-route to 1 stop, and they said na 200k extra shocked, I just take am like that & prayed to God for strength. Thankfully, return leg will be 1 stop.
So 4days to my flight, I took the Medif, medical certificate & my doc's fit to fly to Qatar office o. The lady I met was blowing big grammar that they I must reroute my flight o, that the heathrow leg was to be taken by American airlines and she wasn't sure of their pregnancy policy. And she could only clear me for flights being taken by Qatar airways. So it's better for me to pay the 200k so I fly doha to dallas straight. I just told her me I don't have that money o. And then confirmed from her if I needed the medif form. She said, I didn't need it if I was sure I wasn't 33wks yet. And then she said the other option was to get fit to fly from port health. I gladly accepted, thanked her and left.
Flight day, 23rd August, I checked in, no hassles, no wahala. Got my boarding pass, then asked if I needed to still go to port health, only for the lady to ask, "are u pregnant? I didn't know o". She collected the boarding pass sha, told me to go to port health and come back for my boarding pass. Got to porthealth, the nurse measured 30wks but sha put 31wks on the certificate, paid 1500. Returned, submitted 2 photocopies to the lady, collected my boading pass.
Flight was smooth, though was tired from the stress of PTA waka and sleepless nights on top PTA which I still no get. Mtscheew. Fit to fly was asked for before I could check in at Doha and heathrow airports, so please keep it safe.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 12:13pm On Aug 25, 2016
Part 2
We got to DFW safely and on time. 4hours to arrival, I was already rehearsing my interview with the CBP officer, would pray for a while and then sing praises. Then start the cycle all over again.
Got in to airport and we were directed to the self help automated passport machines. When it got to purpose of visit, na im I see, for business, for pleasure/tourist, and 2 other options. I no see to give birth. I called one the airport workers for assistance, she said I was choose pleasure/tourist. I asked are u sure? She said yes. I sha finished, picked up the printout & was told to proceed to baggage claim. I asked again, "are u sure?" She said yes. Ok o. Picked up my bags, then we were directed to the CBP officers. I had declared that I had some foodstuffs with me. When it got to my turn, the CBP officer just looked at my printout and told me to go to Agriculture check. My boxes were scanned & checked again. No contraband (had just ground melon, smoked fish, elubo, garri and spices). Then he says you're free to go. As I was leaving I saw it was marked exit. I was wondering what was going on. That was when I remembered my passport wasn't stamped. Went back to another officer to complain, met a Korean who also had d same complaint. He takes d man's passport, stamps it. Then collects mine and asked for d CBP who saw me. I showed him d officer that directed me to agric, and told me I has just left agric, meanwhile he was already stamping my visa. Na after stamping me in for 6months, he come ask for purpose o, and even concluded that, "oh, you're visiting". Told him I was here to have my baby, then he said "ok, you're welcome to Dallas".
Me: I hope you heard what I said, I'm here to have my baby.
CBP: I heard you, it's ok. You're free to go. Welcome.
Me: thank you.
I thought it was still a joke and would still be stopped by another CBP. It was not until I saw my host in Dallas waiting for me that I truly believed I was free to go.
No documents were checked, no secondary inspection. I even push out stomach in case them form say them no notice pregnancy. I just thank God because after I got disappointed with my PTA runs on Thursday, I just got 1k dollars from aboki and I was fidgeting and anxious already.
Thank you to everyone who has been contributing to this thread. May God keep our children and may we not labour over them in vain in Jesus' name. Sprinkling baby dust to all joyful mothers of many nations. The Lord that answered Sarah and Hannah is still the same God today.
So chilling in Dallas to port to El paso next week.
Wishing everyone travelling a safe trip and smooth entry. Safe delivery to us all and to all DHs, God bless you real good and keep you for us.
So sorry for the long post o. Just couldn't make it shorter.
PS: Happytbaby, you're a darling. *muah*

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:16pm On Aug 25, 2016
ladyAy:
Yay congrats @feddy..27. It will end in praise!!!.

Thanks dearie! Amen o!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2016
XX01:

Congrats on your successful start. The rest of the journey will be a breeze.

Concerning that visa on arrival, i had pointed out that on the website it states that it is for business investors only that's why there is no DIY on it. I guess the passport agent on this thread was trying to sell his market.

Thanks dearie and amen!

I wanted to clear all doubts cos the babe acted DIY here. Thanks for checkin it out too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2016
veleta:
@Teamie, congratulations dear. Enjoy your stay. Please team LA,i need your prayers,would be coming in next week.
God bless us all in Jesus Name, Amen.

Thanks darling! God dat has started dis good work will perfect it in your life! It will be absolutely smooth 4 u in Jesus name. Amen!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:21pm On Aug 25, 2016
Nnystc:
Congratulations lady.
Welcome! I hope you enjoy this CRAZY heat! May God complete our journeys with beautiful testimonies. Keep your eyes open... We just may pass each other somewhere. wink cheesy

Congrats my darling! Abi o, every black preggy at Dr Mbagwu's is a potential nairaland mama...lol

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
It is raining successful POE stories in this thread! God is in this neighbourhood! Everyone trusting him to come share his/her own testimony, be it to you according to your heart desires!!

Lord, we thank you because it is You that have started this journey with us; You also will complete it.

Meanwhile, wen I peeped into the system of all those at abuja airport using system; wen dey re not busy, dey were on nairaland! Is there more to to? I mean like 5 of dem; immigration, + d various uniform check points!

6 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bouqounmie(f): 12:36pm On Aug 25, 2016
Yesso. God is good. Amen. His favour will speak for us on every side.

feddy27:
It is raining successful POE stories in this thread! God is in this neighbourhood! Everyone trusting him to come share his/her own testimony, be it to you according to your heart desires!!

Lord, we thank you because it is You that have started this journey with us; You also will complete it.

Meanwhile, wen I peeped into the system of all those at abuja airport using system; wen dey re not busy, dey were on nairaland! Is there more to to? I mean like 5 of dem; immigration, + d various uniform check points!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 1:28pm On Aug 25, 2016
Zpearlz1:

Ok. I will send you a mail now

U r blessed IJN

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 1:33pm On Aug 25, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Biko. Do not use your reggae to spoil her blues. When she comot the toothpick from her eye, thewn you fit face the iroko when dey your facew cheesy

U r the best and may God super bless u & ur family
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by elabogado: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2016
feddy27:

Congratulation on your successful entry. Any team LA for Dec/Jan?

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
elabogado:

Tanxs a lot and good luck in your planning too

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:39pm On Aug 25, 2016
bouqounmie:
Yesso. God is good. Amen. His favour will speak for us on every side.

Amen! All the best in your planning
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 25, 2016
elabogado:

team LA dec but will be leaving by September
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:43pm On Aug 25, 2016
Yeepee Feddy27 has landed OMG.... The way I keep looking out for u en.

I pray my son is well behaved o.
How was urs on d plane?

I'm so grateful to God for this testimony.
We give God the glory..
Oya o.. More testimonies loading

R u staying with family or u paid for accommodation?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 1:46pm On Aug 25, 2016
Bouquonmie

Oh Yer.... That's what we call favor...
Wow wow... We give God the glory.

It is poe good news raining here o... Yeepee

(1) (2) (3) ... (306) (307) (308) (309) (310) (311) (312) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.