Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (314) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (898066 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adupif: 8:47am On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=uncleC01 post=48836374]

you can check Dr A.G chaudry his fee about 2650 and uses prince george hospital @ maryland[/quote

If you have Prince George Hospital on your list then you can't use my hospital cos its way cheaper than mine. My county is Harford County, which is almost 1.45mins away.

i used University of maryland upper chesapeake hospital. i gave the breakdown of my bills in my earlier post
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 9:34am On Aug 27, 2016
Posh404:
Yeah. ...want to ask about the hospital and doctor u used in maryland so I can add to my list of research. Still looking for the cheapest in Maryland even though hubby is not complaining about what I've given him so far but menh body dey pepper me to spend that kind of money. Won't mind few dollars off . Plus send me the info if you don't mind . Hospital ,doctor , phone and email Addy abi na fax as usual lol. Total bill in short . Thanks . Email addy is beeptemi@yahoo.Com

Have you tried Reston hospital in Virginia? Just about an hours drive from Maryland but you might be able to reduce your costs significantly. Goggle them and check their ratings and cost
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dere5: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2016
dunnibaby:
Hi everyone. Does anyone know how easy Newark POE is? A friend is talking about possibly getting a cheap ticket to Newark instead of New York and I need to be sure I won't have too much stress when passing through CBP at Newark. I can't sacrifice successful entry for cheap ticket. Pls help me so I can decide, time don dey go... Na gode!
You better grab the ticket o,No biggie about Newark POE,j just type "Newark POE" on the search and it will give you different results of people that used that airport. All the best
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:49am On Aug 27, 2016
mom2015:

Lol....I'm still searching for accommodation ooo. If u have a nice apartment Abeg holla me sis. Tried to pm u, didn't get any response. No Househelp service Abeg, it have not bad reach dat one. Need all d strength and free time. Right now , I'm still considering La and Chicago. When is the best time to get a ticket. I hope I can talk to u in private tho as per preparation things, if that's ok with u.
that's okay with me. Let's move this gist somewhere else
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 10:52am On Aug 27, 2016
feddy27:

Sorry about d late response, just checkin my mentions. Pls check Njidekachi and bisoye82's post for the cost breakdown. Accommodation is pretty expensive in LA
except u get like a 3 bedroom and share. Then again location of the accommodation is very important. How's transportation there?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 11:37am On Aug 27, 2016
similoluwa1:
Good day all,

pls I need a doctor someone has used close to west Houston medical center and whose bill is not more than $2,000.00

Pls I need your help ASAP.

Thanks all

West houston medical center has a doctor for 2000(thats how much am paying)I don't think her cost would still be the same.Go back and endeavour to call all of them.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mom2015: 12:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
firsttymum:
that's okay with me. Let's move this gist somewhere else

I have sent a pm to u...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 12:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Ok. ...
So I flew Ethopian air on 25th of Aug Lagos-Lome-Newark,at 33wks,they asked for fit to fly from port health (paid 1500,the nurse measure and wrote 28wks).
Was really praying the flight is good as there are no much reviews here about them.
The experience: was very satisfying,there was enough to eat and drink (though I bought snacks from Mr Bigs hide for one corner of my bag before boarding just incase,make hunger no kill me),flight was full from lome to Newark but I was good,the infight entertainment was ok....i was pleased and would fly them again.
POE:
Arrived Newark abt 7:30 American time,filled the agricultural form ,was on queue for abt 30mins.

Cbp: takes my passport and scans my finger,though we had to do that like 3 times over,don't knw what d problem was.
CBP: been here before?
ME: No,first time
CBP: looks through all my stamped pages,how long are u here for?
ME: 11 weeks (he looks up surprised) Yes,am here to have my baby
CBP : you having a baby? shocked where?
ME: Houston
CBP : why Houston you got family/friends there?
ME: good pricing on doc nd hopi talk
CBP: how much? (I gave him cost breakdown for doc/hospital and my total budget )
CBP : travelling alone?
ME : yes
CBP : u got work?
ME : yes and I told him what I do
CBP : and hubby?
ME: told him what he does and that he might join me later
CBP : when is baby due? (Told him)
CBP: will he stay till your return?
ME: depends on alot of other things
CBP : how much do you have?
Me: 2300 in cash and the rest in cards.
Stamps me in 6 months have a safe delivery and enjoy your stay.
Cleared my luggage and was going to agric,when busybody officer stopped and asked to see my passport,asked the normal questions and if I was sent to the room upstairs and why my bills was so cheap? I asked him if he'll like to my papers and that i wasnt paying with insurance but CASH,he shrugs and says you can go.At agric nothing was seized.
Took American Air to houston. ...Thank God and everyone here,the American dream is coming through. ..

35 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
firsttymum:
except u get like a 3 bedroom and share. Then again location of the accommodation is very important. How's transportation there?

Transportation is lot beta dan houston. Buses, trams available

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:40pm On Aug 27, 2016
Congratulations quin9 kiss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 1:44pm On Aug 27, 2016
Quin9, congrats teamie! The dream is indeed cumin to pass. All the best dear

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Posh404: 2:11pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks Dwebb55.......Reston added to my list.

Congrats quin9!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dwebb55: 2:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
Posh404:
Thanks Dwebb55.......Reston added to my list.

Congrats quin9!

Abeg, when you're done can we compare and contrast lists? Also, when are you going? We're off in October!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Posh404: 2:31pm On Aug 27, 2016
OK then.....I'll take off Dec

Dwebb55:

Abeg, when you're done can we compare and contrast lists? Also, when are you going? We're off in October!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 4:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
Happytbaby reporting live from my hotel bed in New York City.......POE report coming later. Lady G, Firsty and all the people that were laughing at my luggage vis a vis Southwest luggage limit, abeg come gimme ginger o..I am knackered but have to rearrange/weigh my luggage to meet the 50pounds limits......flight is early tommorow morning. All my ata gigun, epo pupa, eja gbigbe etc ported with me oooo

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Aug 27, 2016
Newmum15:
congrats on your successful POE story.May the rest of your trip be pleasant and easy by God's grace.i have gone through you posts (stalker alert) cos I'd like to know how much hospital bill and all cost in LA.I don't have any family there tho but I'd like to know if its worth trying.
Then please house, has anyone used Minnesota or New York recently? Pls I need help o.i have tried searching but cant find.
@firsttymum @nerfertitim .Thank you

sent you a pm alumnus, lol, I lost your email.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 4:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Congrats happytbaby! Don't worry about southwest, I used them ytaday and dey carried my 2 big bags + stroller + car seat at no extra cost

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 4:22pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks and congrats to everyone else
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 4:28pm On Aug 27, 2016
happytbaby:
Happytbaby reporting live from my hotel bed in New York City.......POE report coming later. Lady G, Firsty and all the people that were laughing at my luggage vis a vis Southwest luggage limit, abeg come gimme ginger o..I am knackered but have to rearrange/weigh my luggage to meet the 50pounds limits......flight is early tommorow morning. [b]All my ata gigun, epo pupa, eja gbigbe etc [/b]ported with me oooo
cheesy cheesy congrats on the 1st half of your journey. God will make the 2nd half easier too. Set alarm and tell the reception to give you a wake up call o o....as per jetlag things. As for rearranging and taking local flights I no sabi oo. Awon frequent fliers will come and answer you. I've been to only JFK and DFW and both were direct flights from DXB.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Posh404: 6:02pm On Aug 27, 2016
Congratulations happytbaby. I'm so enjoying all the good news
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by similoluwa1: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2016
quin9:

West houston medical center has a doctor for 2000(thats how much am paying)I don't think her cost would still be the same.Go back and endeavour to call all of them.

Thank you so much for your reply, I have called the doctors cant seems to get anyone with that price, pls I have sent you a PM, pls can u contact me on similoluwa1@yahoo.co.uk. pls I need your help with the name of the doctor so I can call her abeg and also we can hook up.

thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 6:18pm On Aug 27, 2016
happytbaby:
Happytbaby reporting live from my hotel bed in New York City.......POE report coming later. Lady G, Firsty and all the people that were laughing at my luggage vis a vis Southwest luggage limit, abeg come gimme ginger o..I am knackered but have to rearrange/weigh my luggage to meet the 50pounds limits......flight is early tommorow morning. All my ata gigun, epo pupa, eja gbigbe etc ported with me oooo

Congrats love, please are you going/coming from Houston, how much is the southwest ticket because anytime I try to book from Nigeria it shows I have no access to view southwest website ,
Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Thankful11011: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2016
quin9:
Ok. ...
So I flew Ethopian air on 25th of Aug Lagos-Lome-Newark,at 33wks,they asked for fit to fly from port health (paid 1500,the nurse measure and wrote 28wks).
Was really praying the flight is good as there are no much reviews here about them.
The experience: was very satisfying,there was enough to eat and drink (though I bought snacks from Mr Bigs hide for one corner of my bag before boarding just incase,make hunger no kill me),flight was full from lome to Newark but I was good,the infight entertainment was ok....i was pleased and would fly them again.
POE:
Arrived Newark abt 7:30 American time,filled the agricultural form ,was on queue for abt 30mins.

Cbp: takes my passport and scans my finger,though we had to do that like 3 times over,don't knw what d problem was.
CBP: been here before?
ME: No,first time
CBP: looks through all my stamped pages,how long are u here for?
ME: 11 weeks (he looks up surprised) Yes,am here to have my baby
CBP : you having a baby? shocked where?
ME: Houston
CBP : why Houston you got family/friends there?
ME: good pricing on doc nd hopi talk
CBP: how much? (I gave him cost breakdown for doc/hospital and my total budget )
CBP : travelling alone?
ME : yes
CBP : u got work?
ME : yes and I told him what I do
CBP : and hubby?
ME: told him what he does and that he might join me later
CBP : when is baby due? (Told him)
CBP: will he stay till your return?
ME: depends on alot of other things
CBP : how much do you have?
Me: 2300 in cash and the rest in cards.
Stamps me in 6 months have a safe delivery and enjoy your stay.
Cleared my luggage and was going to agric,when busybody officer stopped and asked to see my passport,asked the normal questions and if I was sent to the room upstairs and why my bills was so cheap? I asked him if he'll like to my papers and that i wasnt paying with insurance but CASH,he shrugs and says you can go.At agric nothing was seized.
Took American Air to houston. ...Thank God and everyone here,the American dream is coming through. ..

Hi, I will be using Ethiopian airlines as well, please how much did u buy the ticket to Houston?
Thankss
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by isaleko: 6:56pm On Aug 27, 2016
[quote author=adupif post=48839330][/quote]

What was service like at DR chaudry and why didn't you use prince Georges county. The reviews are bad was going to use there. I hope dr chaudry isn't like Dr F of Houston oo. Cause he is who I paid to as well. Pls expantiate before I enter Gobe.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2016
happytbaby:

Kikikikikikikikiki
I'm just laughing here... Wondering how u'll do all d luggage. Do and comman Gist us

You'll pay for ur luggage no doubt.
Ur hand bag isn't weighed.
Put very heavy stuff in it. Wear ur heaviest shoe nd clothes kikikikikikikikiki..... If it was winter I for say make u double up ur clothes.. Good luck darling
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:49pm On Aug 27, 2016
feddy27:
Congrats happytbaby! Don't worry about southwest, I used them ytaday and dey carried my 2 big bags + stroller + car seat at no extra cost
Oh Yer munched.
Happytbaby Oya see o

Modified
Wait u left LA?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by firsttymum(f): 7:50pm On Aug 27, 2016
Quin9 congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by XX01(f): 8:10pm On Aug 27, 2016
Congratulations on all the successful POE stories. May it be same for the rest of us.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tyosho: 8:34pm On Aug 27, 2016
isaleko:

What was service like at DR chaudry and why didn't you use prince Georges county. The reviews are bad was going to use there. I hope dr chaudry isn't like Dr F of Houston oo. Cause he is who I paid to as well. Pls expantiate before I enter Gobe.

If you can,Pls aviod Dr C and Prince George.I used PG in 2012 and my baby almost developed serious complications becos of their carelessness if not for God.
As for Dr C I didn't use him but I have a close friend who did and she didn't enjoy him at all.not a very pleasant elderly man.
The dr I used then was DR A.He"s half Syrian half Italian as was voted best Dr in PG for about 2years in a row back then.Last I heard of him,he's now affiliated to other hospitals apart from PG.
Very patient,pleasant and excellent doctor.
I don't want my message deleted is y I didn't include his full name

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Posh404: 8:41pm On Aug 27, 2016
Yea the bacteria abi na fungi story of Prince George is not palatable at all and too many bad review. Pls I will pm you for Dr A's details......before my jotter full like fisttymum own, I'm sure I will make a decision lol

tyosho:

If you can,Pls aviod Dr C and Prince George.I used PG in 2012 and my baby almost developed serious complications becos of their carelessness if not for God.
As for Dr C I didn't use him but I have a close friend who did and she didn't enjoy him at all.not a very pleasant elderly man.
The dr I used then was DR A.He"s half Syrian half Italian as was voted best Dr in PG for about 2years in a row back then.Last I heard of him,he's now affiliated to other hospitals apart from PG.
Very patient,pleasant and excellent doctor.
I don't want my message deleted is y I didn't include his full name
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by feddy27: 8:46pm On Aug 27, 2016
firsttymum:
Oh Yer munched.
Happyt...baby Oya see o

Modified
Wait u left LA?

Went to see granma in anoda city. Will be bk in few days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:21pm On Aug 27, 2016
Thanks dear. The issue is that I carried bags and sone were heavier than 50pounds which is the limit for Southwest cos Arik carries up to 66pounds. Grandma and I have rearranged eventually.
Southwest no longer opens in Nigeria, I already bought them to Chicago so when I ported to El Paso, I had to ask my sibling thats abroad to assist. We skyped and shared his screen so I could see all the options real time. You can try that.

feddy27:

(1) (2) (3) ... (311) (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) ... (405)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Polish Student Visa / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.