Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,030 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (49) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899049 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phemmy26(m): 9:27am On Apr 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I see a new trend. A lotta new posters introduce thmselves. Tell us they have been reading...Then ask for affordaable hospitals. Some want it emailed to them sef.
Please that is not how this thread works. You the pregnant mama, the one with a vested interest are the one that does the heavy lifting. Luckily for you, it has been made easier. All you have to do is read. People have posted the hospitals they used. That was their idea of affordable. Read. Pick. Choose. You can now narrow down your options and ask the older moms their experiences.
People here are pregnant, some have jobs, some are using bow and arrow to hook pta and doing midnight for cheap flight. Is it fair for them to do your own research for u too?

well said. Most of the questions have been answered. There are even questions that have been answered like 1 - 10 pages back. It doesnt cost anything to read and if at one point you are looking for a particular information, just input it in the search bar at the top of the page and narrow it to the section...you would get meaningful answers.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:30am On Apr 23, 2016
Your hospital will depend on where your family friend is staying too. I am going in the 3rd quarter so you are not one of the people I am looking for. Sorry babes.

Your family friend should be able to help with some hospitals. Also, you may do some research online and by using the search button on top of this page. There is also a long post by Nefertitiram (sorry Nef if I didn't spell correctly) on the result of her personal research in Chicago. You may check her posts.

I was about to respond to Phabulouschy when I saw that her post and that of Tobi12345 are the same so I am beginning to second the lady that pointed out the issue of multiple monikers. So same response as above Phabulouschy.

tobi12345:

Hello am new here tho I have been reading through all the post.

I am pregnant due in july, intend to travel in june but yet to decide which state to go to, however I read @happytbaby's post of going to chicago, I have I family friend there but m looking for an affordable hospital please if you have details of any reasonable hospital in chicago or houston please let me know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:31am On Apr 23, 2016
pimpos:

Exactly my thought too but since the 3 months still works for me,i just took it and "jejely" walked away (at least he didn't stamp me in for the actual 2 weeks i'll be staying).
PS: he asked me if I was pregnant,i said "No" then he smiled...

You said no?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Bisoye82:

grin grin grin Are you sure grin Don't worry it's twins grin
LadyG,modath,Firstymum,nefertitiram and other sabi mamas grin we need to come up with a figure for JW antenatal registration fees grin
#pick race grin

Honestly u no well grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by candyce(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2016
Beryl15:
Naijamama, Tobi12345 & phabulouschy
Why do I feel you're one and the same? angry
1.The three of them opened an account this April.
2. They all live in Abuja.
3. Due for delivery in July, all houston bound.
What a coincidence tongue grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2016
happytbaby:
I shall carry one laptop and two tablets (all fully charged). That's self-made Tv abeg. To get to America in 11hours without stop overs no be beans o, mba I have been watching tv all my life. I also hear they delay before taking off here, so anyone trying Arik should expect about 2hrs delay.

That's the best abeg...you might not even watch it and sleep all the way due to the stress of delay in taking over. When are you living? Going to Houston in July.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:49am On Apr 23, 2016
August, final destination not decided .

Querylady24:

That's the best abeg...you might not even watch it and sleep all the way due to the stress of delay in taking over. When are you living? Going to Houston in July.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:50am On Apr 23, 2016
JW she is not pregnant. she mentioned it in the first post.

justwise:
[/b]

You said no?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 9:54am On Apr 23, 2016
Nnystc:

@ozyc
Oh sorry dear,I don't know Abuja that well (except for where I can buy wholesale Killishi cool) . But I have a retinue of friends and a cousin there. I can ask around and see what obtains there... That's assuming they go the "Ajekpako aploko extra mile" like I do. My cousin can buy iru in shoprite sef( anything to avoid outdoor market!) undecided grin
OK waiting, tnx
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 9:55am On Apr 23, 2016
happytbaby:
JW she is not pregnant. she mentioned it in the first post.

Oh ok!..did not see that
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 9:56am On Apr 23, 2016
I've had my eyes on that Turkish option too. But their flights to ATL won't begin till May 16.
When I started checking, cheapest option was around $1,173 but last time I checked(few days ago),
it had gone up to about $1,355 which is 271k if using the $1-#200 exchange rate.

chloe7:
etihad doesn't provide hotel accommodation for layovers for a fee but you can book one in the airport in advance through them for a fee, when I tried they said no space for my dates because it was too close. Also my travel agent friend messaged me that there's LOS to ATL 190k on Turkish Airlines for this month or so, so anyone going to ATL can just try to ask her travel agent or check wakanow abi travelstart, cheers.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2016
pimpos:

Exactly my thought too but since the 3 months still works for me,i just took it and "jejely" walked away (at least he didn't stamp me in for the actual 2 weeks i'll be staying).
PS: he asked me if I was pregnant,i said "No" then he smiled...

Sadistic smile.

Like, no worry. Ds 3mths go hook you if you are pregnant

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2016
@brokewaste how far? Have u travelled yet??... did FCMB give u d PTA? If they did pls how much were u given?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2016
happytbaby:
You see! thats why I don't like to risk travelling on an expiring visa. Its at the discretion of the POE officer, one should not just meet an 'alakoba'

Exactly.thts why I always lean on renewing visa than 'hoping for the best' cbps are not smiling. Nairaland is annoying them die!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gratefulalways: 11:32am On Apr 23, 2016
Dear Mamas & Papas on a joyous note our dear Princess arrived a week ago at Oakbend. DW & LO are doing well. We are grateful to God for safe delivery. Wishing all expectant mums safe delivery in Jesus name.

29 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ayanuke: 11:51am On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
etihad doesn't provide hotel accommodation for layovers for a fee but you can book one in the airport in advance through them for a fee, when I tried they said no space for my dates because it was too close. Also my travel agent friend messaged me that there's LOS to ATL 190k on Turkish Airlines for this month or so, so anyone going to ATL can just try to ask her travel agent or check wakanow abi travelstart, cheers.

I also received a mail from world and traveland this morning on some deals

Airline . Destinations . Prices (NGN)

Emirates . Orlando from N314,000
Qatar . Dallas . from N287,762
Etihad . New York . from N191,982

Folks can check airline's website to confirm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 11:55am On Apr 23, 2016
Congrats dear. May the Lord bless her.

gratefulalways:
Dear Mamas & Papas on a joyous note our dear Princess arrived a week ago at Oakbend. DW & LO are doing well. We are grateful to God for safe delivery. Wishing all expectant mums safe delivery in Jesus name.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sheguru(f): 12:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Nice one!

How long did it take to get all the required documents in Cali?

The birth cert took 20days to be ready
The American passport took exactly 2 weeks on expedited and she's has sent her docs to Tanko and waiting for Nigerian visa.

Thanks TheLeakyTribe

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sheguru(f): 12:33pm On Apr 23, 2016
JW, Is there a particular reason why my post was hidden? Did I write something that is against the rules!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
sheguru:
JW, Is there a particular reason why my post was hidden? Did I write something that is against the rules!!

You were practically advertising for that hospital
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sheguru(f): 1:23pm On Apr 23, 2016
justwise:

You were practically advertising for that hospital

Ohh!! Ohh!! My apologies, didn't intend that.

Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gratefulalways: 1:34pm On Apr 23, 2016
Amen. Thanks Ma'am

happytbaby:
Congrats dear. May the Lord bless her.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 1:53pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation myself as I will be traveling with my 3 kids and a nanny (hubby joinning us later) . Has anyone done this before? tried searching but couldn't find anything. Is there any hotel inside the Dubai airport that I can book? And lastly will I need transit visa for the few hours.
Septemember moms going to Houston can we connect I will be leaving in August! Have a beautiful weekend all!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 2:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
gratefulalways:

Congrats on the arrival. God bless n keep her.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 2:03pm On Apr 23, 2016
Oh, thanks. Couldn't get their email cos their site is under construction,
so I'll just give them a call and see how it goes.

Thanks Iphie26. Hope Atl is treating you well. smiley

Iphie26:

She's really great and warm. Once you are using meridian obgyn she's the one in charge. Good luck.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pimpos: 2:29pm On Apr 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

Exactly.thts why I always lean on renewing visa than 'hoping for the best' cbps are not smiling. Nairaland is annoying them die!

I know better now
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mistygal4:
Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation myself as I will be traveling with my 3 kids and a nanny (hubby joinning us later) . !
Sorry I don't have answer to your question. Pple with experience will answer you soon.
I have a question, did your kids nanny apply as "nanny" and you the sponsor?
I remember someone wanted to apply for her nanny sometime ago but can't rmber if she was successful.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 2:48pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello everyone,
How's the weekend going?
As my Alaska journey gets closer fear dey catch me lol.
Anyhoo, please I am trying to book emirates online:
1) I noticed the only payment option online is to use your card. Is there a bank you can pay in like some other airlines do? My card doesn't work online and they don't accept third party cards so I can't use anyone else's card.
2) I intend to travel at 35weeks, I saw an epistle and a form on emirates website talking about "traveling as a preggie" and fit to fly (their fit to fly seems a bit more detailed than other airlines). Please I hope they won't give me wahala on the day of my trip. Please those who flew emirates while pregnant can you advice me? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Pamperme: 3:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I see a new trend. A lotta new posters introduce thmselves. Tell us they have been reading...Then ask for affordaable hospitals. Some want it emailed to them sef.
Please that is not how this thread works. You the pregnant mama, the one with a vested interest are the one that does the heavy lifting. Luckily for you, it has been made easier. All you have to do is read. People have posted the hospitals they used. That was their idea of affordable. Read. Pick. Choose. You can now narrow down your options and ask the older moms their experiences.
People here are pregnant, some have jobs, some are using bow and arrow to hook pta and doing midnight for cheap flight. Is it fair for them to do your own research for u too?

15 months after my second baby... i still come back to this forum...

Some people are just lazy at reading...

7 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
ozycy:

Sorry I don't have answer to your question. Pple with experience will answer you soon.
I have a question, did your kids nanny apply as "nanny" and you the sponsor?
I remember someone wanted to apply for her nanny sometime ago but can't rmber if she was successful.
the day I got my visa o the lady that was interviewed before me was a nanny and she got the visa, she was so elated ehn!

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mistygal4:
Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation myself as I will be traveling with my 3 kids and a nanny (hubby joinning us later) . Has anyone done this before? tried searching but couldn't find anything. Is there any hotel inside the Dubai airport that I can book? And lastly will I need transit visa for the few hours.
Septemember moms going to Houston can we connect I will be leaving in August! Have a beautiful weekend all!!!
misty girl if you won't be leaving the airport you might not need to transit visa but a visa for all of Una will be expensive o with this exchange rate if you can afford it why not but before you go into town and come back and sometimes traffic to the airport in Dubai T1-T3 I always crazzzyyyy!! I have been in it before on two occasions, please ehn the airport is very big enough there should be a hotel in the airport try to search the Internet or call emirates i'm sure they will provide a solution to the airport hotel, I advice don't bother going into town since its just 7 hours, cheers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.