Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,909 members, 7,814,070 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899070 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
How's the weekend going?
As my Alaska journey gets closer fear dey catch me lol.
Anyhoo, please I am trying to book emirates online:
1) I noticed the only payment option online is to use your card. Is there a bank you can pay in like some other airlines do? My card doesn't work online and they don't accept third party cards so I can't use anyone else's card.
2) I intend to travel at 35weeks, I saw an epistle and a form on emirates website talking about "traveling as a preggie" and fit to fly (their fit to fly seems a bit more detailed than other airlines). Please I hope they won't give me wahala on the day of my trip. Please those who flew emirates while pregnant can you advice me? Thanks
emirates has citibank and firstbank and one other bank, you can either book on hold and pay at their office in v.i that church gate towers, or pay at the bank, use the booking on hold option
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ebonychic18(f): 3:30pm On Apr 23, 2016
I don't know your location but if in abuja just go to churchgate building their office in central area and pay direct using your ATM card. At least you get your clarifications direct from them. They will help you get the best deals directly. All the best on your alaska journey.
Kemo88:
Hello everyone, How's the weekend going?
1) I noticed the only payment option online is to use your card. Is there a bank you can pay in like some other airlines do? My card doesn't work online and they don't accept third party cards so I can't use anyone else's card.
2) I intend to travel at 35weeks, I saw an epistle and a form on emirates website talking about "traveling as a preggie" and fit to fly (their fit to fly seems a bit more detailed than other airlines). Please I hope they won't give me wahala on the day of my trip. Please those who flew emirates while pregnant can you advice me? Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kemo88:
Hello everyone,
How's the weekend going?

Hello dear,

1) to answer question one select the pay later option then go to their office and make your payment. Alternatively you can go to the bank. Note that there's a window of time for this once you book on hold. I cannot remember how long the time is right now.

2) just print out the fit to fly form and give your doctor to follow the same format. You shouldn't have any issues.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jojoba256: 3:49pm On Apr 23, 2016
Im due end of july. But please can someone help me find a good and affordable place close to whmc.

Jojoba256:
So Im in Houston and am planning to have my baby in whmc smiley

Can anyone please share any cheap accomodation near by. I dont mind sharing flat also. Please pm me if u cant share here.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:51pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mistygal4:
Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation myself as I will be traveling with my 3 kids and a nanny (hubby joinning us later) . Has anyone done this before? tried searching but couldn't find anything. Is there any hotel inside the Dubai airport that I can book? And lastly will I need transit visa for the few hours.
Septemember moms going to Houston can we connect I will be leaving in August! Have a beautiful weekend all!!!

7 hours may seem like a long time but in my experience flying emirates time sure does fly by. You generally need an hour to use the loo ( seeing as you're travelling as a group), freshen up and locate your next terminal. You may also need to eat or find food for the kids so give or take two hours are gone. 5 hours left right?

Seeing as you're travelling with kids it's best to board early, which could be any time from so let's assume you're boarding 1 hour before the flight. That leaves you 4 hours. Putting the above into consideration, i'd personally prefer to find a comfortable corner, keep the kids warm, get the layover meal and wait it out. The time would fly by fast.

If you would prefer to book, then call emirates customer care for advice so you know whether a visa is necessary and what hotels are available and factor in the distance.

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 3:52pm On Apr 23, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Hello dear,

1) to answer question one select the pay later option then go to their office and make your payment. Alternatively you can go to the bank. Note that there's a window of time for this once you book on hold. I cannot remember how long the time is right now.

2) just print out the fit to fly form and give your doctor to follow the same format. You shouldn't have any issues.
Thank you for your advice.
You see here's the thing. I'm not seeing any pay later option on the website. All I'm seeing is credit/ debit card. I'm confused
Also, I have printed the form, so are you saying once my doctor fills the form no need for the letter again? Or should I just get both?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 3:58pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kemo88:

Thank you for your advice.
You see here's the thing. I'm not seeing any pay later option on the website. All I'm seeing is credit/ debit card. I'm confused
Also, I have printed the form, so are you saying once my doctor fills the form no need for the letter again? Or should I just get both?

I'm not sure why you're not seeing the option oh, maybe you should contact customer care.

On the form basically what they want is a letter following the format on the form, or for your doctor to fill the form itself.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 3:59pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
emirates has citibank and firstbank and one other bank, you can either book on hold and pay at their office in v.i that church gate towers, or pay at the bank, use the booking on hold option
Thanks but there's no option online of booking on hold.... How do I do this?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by GucciOluwa: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2016
My colleague mentioned that effective today most int'l airlines won't be accepting payments to their naira accounts because of the loss it poses. Dunno if that's the reason cos last week, we were able to book on hold tho' we eventually opted for Qatar.
And no, I'm not preggy yet, still hopeful smiley. Serzly reading and taking notes for the d day.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ashedzi: 4:17pm On Apr 23, 2016
You see here's the thing. m not seeing any pay later option on the website. All I'm seeing is credit/ debit card. I'm confused
Also, I have printed the form, so are you saying once my doctor fills the form no need for the letter again? Or should I just get both? [/quote

Are you using ur fone 2 mke this booking? I wud advised u try it with ur tablet or laptop. Another alternative is to change it to desktop site incase if it is on the mobile site setting incase u r using ur fone.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 4:19pm On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=GucciOluwa post=44972912]My colleague mentioned that effective today most int'l airlines won't be accepting payments to their naira accounts because of the loss it poses. Dunno if that's the reason cos last week, we were able to book on hold tho' we eventually opted for Qatar.
And no, I'm not preggy yet, still hopeful smiley. Serzly reading and taking notes for the d day.[/quote
Their fares are quoted in naira.... Do you have their local number. Cos every time I call the number online one random Indian guy picks up
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 4:21pm On Apr 23, 2016
ashedzi:

You see here's the thing. m not seeing any pay later option on the website. All I'm seeing is credit/ debit card. I'm confused
Also, I have printed the form, so are you saying once my doctor fills the form no need for the letter again? Or should I just get both? [/quote

Are you using ur fone 2 mke this booking? I wud advised u try it with ur tablet or laptop. Another alternative is to change it to desktop site incase if it is on the mobile site setting incase u r using ur fone.

I used both and still the same thing
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 4:38pm On Apr 23, 2016
MetroTee:

Have you decided on the state where you'd like to have your baby? If so, try to use the search box to get information on doctors using your chosen hospital. Alternatively, you can actually use the link on the first page of the thread to find a hospital and doctor

Search 'budget sheet' for a sample of budget breakdown or Phema's posts.

You can adapt the letter I used below. Although I had already called to confirm they'll take me on but just sent this email to create correspondence:

You can do these while waiting for other responses.
Good morning,

My name is **** from Lagos, Nigeria. I called your office yesterday to inquire about Dr ****** taking me on as a patient as I intend to come to the US to have my baby due February 2016. I am currently ** weeks pregnant and was told by the lady I spoke with to send my medical records across first.

I have informed my hospital here and they will be sending all records directly to this email address. Kindly look out for it please.

I'll be a self pay patient and will be very pleased if you can take me on.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you so much, we have made arrangement with whmc. Can you advice the exchange rate to use on my budget sheet. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 5:04pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
Lmao but will one person actually have time to open three accounts and be quoting herself too in posts, anyway this is a faceless forum and absolutely anything is possible sha tongue cheesy
Very possible, I had to go back and read the posts again grin He/she must think we're in kindergarten.
candyce:

1.The three of them opened an account this April.
2. They all live in Abuja.
3. Due for delivery in July, all houston bound.
What a coincidence tongue grin
As in Eh! grin grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kemo88:

Thanks but there's no option online of booking on hold.... How do I do this?
booking on hold option comes up at the last page I guess, let me just try a dummy booking on my phone to confirm that because I have booked an emirates flight on hold before and paid in their office
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
booking on hold option comes up at the last page I guess, let me just try a dummy booking on my phone to confirm that because I have booked an emirates flight on hold before and paid in their office
Yeah I'm not seeing it on there. Thanks I await your findings
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 5:16pm On Apr 23, 2016
@dialin,

Questions asked my mum.
1)where are u going in USA?
2)What are u going to do in USA?
3)how many children do you have?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 5:32pm On Apr 23, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
I see a new trend. A lotta new posters introduce thmselves. Tell us they have been reading...Then ask for affordaable hospitals. Some want it emailed to them sef.
Please that is not how this thread works. You the pregnant mama, the one with a vested interest are the one that does the heavy lifting. Luckily for you, it has been made easier. All you have to do is read. People have posted the hospitals they used. That was their idea of affordable. Read. Pick. Choose. You can now narrow down your options and ask the older moms their experiences.
People here are pregnant, some have jobs, some are using bow and arrow to hook pta and doing midnight for cheap flight. Is it fair for them to do your own research for u too?

Lol...you have no chills at all

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 5:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
Lmao but will one person actually have time to open three accounts and be quoting herself too in posts, anyway this is a faceless forum and absolutely anything is possible sha tongue cheesy

Yes nah, seems strange cos you have all ya cards on the table.. 75% of the regulars in politics have a severe case of Multiple personality Disorder.. cheesy

Some trolls even have up to 5/6 different accounts & go by different tribes sef! Na then you go see "We Ijaw" or "We Yoruba", boom E-tribal war don start!! Crase people plenty aswear!! grin

Cc Beryl15 , LadyGuinevere

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 6:01pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hello house, am preparing my budget sheet, please advice the exchange rate to use. The trip will cost $13,520 and $1200 hospital bill paid already out of 3000$ . I will appreciate qucik response.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 6:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
Congrats! God bless your princess, may she bring you joy all her days. Gods strength for your DW.
gratefulalways:
Dear Mamas & Papas on a joyous note our dear Princess arrived a week ago at Oakbend. DW & LO are doing well. We are grateful to God for safe delivery. Wishing all expectant mums safe delivery in Jesus name.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2016
gbolapupo:
Hello house, am preparing my budget sheet, please advice the exchange rate to use. The trip will cost $13,520 and $1200 hospital bill paid already out of 3000$ . I will appreciate qucik response.

U can use the official rate.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by MadameU: 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
A piece of advice for those trying to book Emirates online and pay in a bank; know that it's very possible, just pick the pay by card option, when you get to the next phase look out for the pay by interswitch, click that go to the next and tick the pay in the bank option and move on ...if you tick that it won't charge your card, but if you do not then you would be debited. Should anyone have problems please PM. Or post your dates n I could do a trial booking for you. I no be agent o but it's funny how I book flights everyother week just to see if rates will increase or decrease .

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ifax(f): 6:28pm On Apr 23, 2016
Mistygal4:
Hello House, congrats to all the new mothers, May God bless your LOs! Pls I need advice from this forum , I have a layover of 7hrs in Dubai and Emirates is only providing accommodation (Dubai Connect) for the inbound flight. I am thinking of getting a hotel accommodation myself as I will be traveling with my 3 kids and a nanny (hubby joinning us later) . Has anyone done this before? tried searching but couldn't find anything. Is there any hotel inside the Dubai airport that I can book? And lastly will I need transit visa for the few hours.
Septemember moms going to Houston can we connect I will be leaving in August! Have a beautiful weekend all!!!

There is a hotel inside the terminal. And there are also hotels outside the airport. You will need visa if going out of the airport though

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:35pm On Apr 23, 2016
Kemo88:

Yeah I'm not seeing it on there. Thanks I await your findings
I just did a dummy booking see what I saw on the website when I proceeded I saw that I could pay on interswitch only, I think your card can go on quickteller for that amount, try it again

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 6:39pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
I just did a dummy booking see what I saw on the website when I proceeded I saw that I could pay on interswitch only, I think your card can go on quickteller for that amount, try it again
Yeah I just tried a dummy for another destination and I saw what you saw. I went back and put in Alaska again but it limited me to only card payment. I think it's my destination. Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Kemo88: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2016
MadameU:
A piece of advice for those trying to book Emirates online and pay in a bank; know that it's very possible, just pick the pay by card option, when you get to the next phase look out for the pay by interswitch, click that go to the next and tick the pay in the bank option and move on ...if you tick that it won't charge your card, but if you do not then you would be debited. Should anyone have problems please PM. Or post your dates n I could do a trial booking for you. I no be agent o but it's funny how I book flights everyother week just to see if rates will increase or decrease .
I don't get are you saying I should enter my card details and move to the next stage? My card doesn't work online. Would it accept it?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by gbolapupo: 6:44pm On Apr 23, 2016
[quote author=greatie post=44976411]

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by swappylove: 7:36pm On Apr 23, 2016
Hi all.
Follow me thank God ooo.my baby girl arrived yesterday. 3weeks early but we r both fine.
Now to stage 2.
Anyone one else in dallas ready to start documentation?

16 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 7:41pm On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
if that's where you are going through I pray you find favour, some people she don pass there and it was a breeze, pray you fall into that category and be armed with every document you think will be helpful to you

Thanks dear. I don't intend going through Houston sha. JFK or AUH are my best bets.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 8:02pm On Apr 23, 2016
Congrats dear...God bless her richly .

swappylove:
Hi all.
Follow me thank God ooo.my baby girl arrived yesterday. 3weeks early but we r both fine.
Now to stage 2.
Anyone one else in dallas ready to start documentation?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:06pm On Apr 23, 2016
ozycy:

Sorry I don't have answer to your question. Pple with experience will answer you soon.
I have a question, did your kids nanny apply as "nanny" and you the sponsor?
I remember someone wanted to apply for her nanny sometime ago but can't rmber if she was successful.

@Ozycy, yes she applied as a nanny sponsored by hubby. Though we were resident then with L1/L2 visa (company transferee).

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.