Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,903 members, 7,814,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:43 AM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899066 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 11:25pm On Apr 22, 2016
sheguru:

She will return back to Nig by first week of may. Documentation for baby is talk for another day!!

California has a lengthy process oo!!

Nice one!

How long did it take to get all the required documents in Cali?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jojoba256: 12:25am On Apr 23, 2016
So Im in Houston and am planning to have my baby in whmc smiley

Can anyone please share any cheap accomodation near by. I dont mind sharing flat also. Please pm me if u cant share here.

Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 12:30am On Apr 23, 2016
happytbaby:
Thanks JW.

I wonder why my PMs are not working, when I respond to an email from Nairaland , it bounces back undeliverable. Its' really frustrating me particularly as I have not been able to get the travel agent's number from Omodadi that you raptured earlier.

Hi, am new here tho I have been reading through all the post.

I am pregnant due in july, intend to travel in june but yet to decide which state to go to, however I read @happytbaby's post of going to chicago, I have I family friend there but m looking for an affordable hospital please if you have details of any reasonable hospital in chicago or houston please let me know.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bimdazzle: 12:58am On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
aahhaaaa egbami o I want to send moneygram and WU for business o that's why I went to enquire 3 days ago, errm you know your own was last month at the peak of scarcity, my own na this month, let me be positive that the info they gave me na this month, lool
my sister sent moneygram through fidelity for me like 2weeks back and I was charged about 276/$1
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cosd(m): 1:55am On Apr 23, 2016
Abefeokin:
Cosd and lastforever, kindly ask me your questions here

Wi
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iphie26: 1:55am On Apr 23, 2016
passionantchica:
Hi Iphie, are you still using Dr Valisia Andrews?
Did you book her directly or through Meridien ob/gyn?
How was your first appointment with her?
(Weird, but I'm still scouting for an ob/gyn)

She's really great and warm. Once you are using meridian obgyn she's the one in charge. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pimpos: 2:15am On Apr 23, 2016
Just came in through Chicago,my visa is expiring in July and they stamped me in till July(3 months as against the normal 6 months).
Apart from that every other thing was "normal"

PS: i'm not pregnant
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:05am On Apr 23, 2016
pimpos:
Just came in through Chicago,my visa is expiring in July and they stamped me in till July(3 months as against the normal 6 months).
Apart from that every other thing was "normal"

PS: i'm not pregnant

Ah ah! Them harsh o! That's very unusual. In my time, I arrived in April, my visa expired in August, I was stamped in for 6mths!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 4:07am On Apr 23, 2016
Lol @ Arik fam!

I've always advocated for Arik even though they always fall my hand but they seem to be the best choice nowadays due to this dollar ish.

Why do u feel this will raise their prices? #DemandVsSupply
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Momo13: 4:26am On Apr 23, 2016
God have mercy! @!ticket fares. Just pray aril doesn't delay your flight, they are known for that! All the best..
Dr Charles Akoda of PG has been unreachable..please can you help with another doctor in Maryland? Thank you!
happytbaby:
Well, with all my 'iyanga in the past; 'I can never fly Arik outside Nigeria', I carried my two left legs to Arik office today to go and buy ticket.

The thing no gree work online, na so your sister enter moto go ikoyi go buy Arik. The ticketing guy confirmed that there is no telemisan on board o and that na my safety matter, the guy even said 'madam you are supposed to be sleeping on the flight not watching TV', emi Tbaby, mo ka sara. They were quite nice but looking at the 'unposhness' of the office, I can only cringe thinking of what to expect on the flight but God dey, I no be ajebo by birth. My ajebo is acquired, make I drop am here.

The closest European airline flight to the Arik I bought was about 550k more for 3 people. I cannot come and be drinking gari abi take loan to born for obodo oyinbo jare. I pray all goes well.

@Nnystc: additional tip for Oyingbo market is to go early morning like 6am to 6.30 that's when your scarf-tying firends come to market.People that run restaurants and co do early morning shopping directly from people that bring stuff from farms and all. Things are still more expensive later in the day. Happytbaby likes her morning sleep o and has never been there that early but thats what people around do.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 4:32am On Apr 23, 2016
bigfido:
hello people,

Uber nearly used night bus to send me back to my village until i got to rent a car from Hertz.

@justwise I have accommodation suggestions for people and need your approval to talk about it.

thanks

Congrats on your baby. I'll be due at the end of July and looking at leaving at 34 weeks. On your car rent from Hertz, did you need to get an international driver's license to drive or did your regular Nigerian driver's license suffice?

Also, I'm interested in your suggestion for accommodation in Houston. Pls help a sister.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 4:58am On Apr 23, 2016
ozycy:

You haff kiiiid me, nice tips dou. Any mkt in Abj to buy it cheap?
@ozycy
Oh sorry dear,I don't know Abuja that well (except for where I can buy wholesale Killishi cool) . But I have a retinue of friends and a cousin there. I can ask around and see what obtains there... That's assuming they go the "Ajekpako aploko extra mile" like I do. My cousin can buy iru in shoprite sef( anything to avoid outdoor market!) undecided grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Abefeokin(f): 5:07am On Apr 23, 2016
cosd:

With d scattered nature of bills frm jps, which of ur bills were u able to pay b4 delivery apart frm doctor, hospital n epidural?

What do you mean scattered? Well those are the bills u can actually pay b4 delivery. And I only paid for the 3 u mentioned, waiting for PD's cost and some other tests after delivery.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 5:12am On Apr 23, 2016
bigfido:

Sorry I can't say anything until I get a clear from the moderator.

I tried to pm you but it was gridded out because we're not connected. Pls can you accept me? I'm interested in the accommodation bit.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by NaijaMama: 5:18am On Apr 23, 2016
asikiye:
Please who is going to Houston and using WHMC in early august? Would be nice to have a flat mate.

I'll be due end of July and leaving for Houston in June. I'll love a flat mate too. Will my dates work for you?

Never mind, I've decided to stay with my sister in Houston, so I won't be needing that accommodation anymore.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 5:23am On Apr 23, 2016
sugah:

No tv on Arik Na wa o. Na to cancel them from my 'possible' list.
Mehn, if I have to go all the way to the middle East to enter yankee, na to use one wey get benefits.
Unfortunately, etihad doesn't provide hotel accommodation for layovers.

For the internal flights, just make sure you have a few hours in between your flights...but if you miss your flight you would be rescheduled for a later flight. Just walk up to the counter, smile and tell them you've missed your flight.
etihad doesn't provide hotel accommodation for layovers for a fee but you can book one in the airport in advance through them for a fee, when I tried they said no space for my dates because it was too close. Also my travel agent friend messaged me that there's LOS to ATL 190k on Turkish Airlines for this month or so, so anyone going to ATL can just try to ask her travel agent or check wakanow abi travelstart, cheers.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 5:24am On Apr 23, 2016
grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by dialinn: 6:03am On Apr 23, 2016
@ all,
My interview is so boring and my mum's since only 3 questions were asked and no documents checked. Even my mum was shocked and asked the lady "is that all the question? And it's Lagos we used.

Thanks to this forum[/quote]

Hi and congrats on your (and mum's) successful interview. My mum in law's interview is coming up soon too. Grateful if you could share the 3 specific questions that were asked your mum @ d interview?

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 6:41am On Apr 23, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Nice one!

How long did it take to get all the required documents in Cali?
Am in California and I have all babies documents in less than 3 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 7:46am On Apr 23, 2016
Bisoye82:

Am in California and I have all babies documents in less than 3 weeks.

Sister,
Pls share pointers pls o!
For my 2 babies born in Calif, i didnt get my papers in 3 weeks! Fastest was 5 weeks. (After using express birth cert and express passport and express visa at Naija embassy NY). I'm having another one soon and i really could use the tip! I have to be back home ASAP.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by phabulouschy: 7:57am On Apr 23, 2016
NaijaMama:

I'll be due end of July and leaving for Houston in June. I'll love a flat mate too. Will my dates work for you?

@Naijamama

I am also due in july ending considering Houston intent to travel in june, do have a Dr and hospital yet? Have u booked ur flight? If yes which airline? We can arrange our trip 2gether am in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by pimpos: 8:01am On Apr 23, 2016
nefertitiram:

Ah ah! Them harsh o! That's very unusual. In my time, I arrived in April, my visa expired in August, I was stamped in for 6mths!

Exactly my thought too but since the 3 months still works for me,i just took it and "jejely" walked away (at least he didn't stamp me in for the actual 2 weeks i'll be staying).
PS: he asked me if I was pregnant,i said "No" then he smiled...

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tobi12345: 8:19am On Apr 23, 2016
Hello am new here tho I have been reading through all the post.

I am pregnant due in july, intend to travel in june but yet to decide which state to go to, however I read @happytbaby's post of going to chicago, I have I family friend there but m looking for an affordable hospital please if you have details of any reasonable hospital in chicago or houston please let me know
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by chuchuo: 8:27am On Apr 23, 2016
My sister. People who are very prepared are running from Chicago POE. Ask your family friend for affordable doctors/hospitals. Travel through a preggy friendly POE, and connect to Chicago. Even a pot bellied man was almost turned back for being pregnant. A word is enough for the Chicago-bond mamas.

tobi12345:

Hello am new here tho I have been reading through all the post.

I am pregnant due in july, intend to travel in june but yet to decide which state to go to, however I read @happytbaby's post of going to chicago, I have I family friend there but m looking for an affordable hospital please if you have details of any reasonable hospital in chicago or houston please let me know

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 8:33am On Apr 23, 2016
phabulouschy:

@Naijamama

I am also due in july ending considering Houston intent to travel in june, do have a Dr and hospital yet? Have u booked ur flight? If yes which airline? We can arrange our trip 2gether am in Abuja.

Am leaving in june too based in Abuja. Using Dr F. Booked turkish airline.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Beryl15: 8:44am On Apr 23, 2016
Naijamama, Tobi12345 & phabulouschy
Why do I feel you're one and the same? angry
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:56am On Apr 23, 2016
I see a new trend. A lotta new posters introduce thmselves. Tell us they have been reading...Then ask for affordaable hospitals. Some want it emailed to them sef.
Please that is not how this thread works. You the pregnant mama, the one with a vested interest are the one that does the heavy lifting. Luckily for you, it has been made easier. All you have to do is read. People have posted the hospitals they used. That was their idea of affordable. Read. Pick. Choose. You can now narrow down your options and ask the older moms their experiences.
People here are pregnant, some have jobs, some are using bow and arrow to hook pta and doing midnight for cheap flight. Is it fair for them to do your own research for u too?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 23, 2016
Beryl15:
Naijamama, Tobi12345 & phabulouschy
Why do I feel you're one and the same? angry
Lmao but will one person actually have time to open three accounts and be quoting herself too in posts, anyway this is a faceless forum and absolutely anything is possible sha tongue cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 9:07am On Apr 23, 2016
chloe7:
Lmao but will one person actually have time to open three accounts and be quoting herself too in posts, anyway this is a faceless forum and absolutely anything is possible sha tongue cheesy
Say what say what anything can happen! Lol

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:17am On Apr 23, 2016
LG haff kee me with laughter oooo. @ some are using bow and arrow to hook pta

LadyGuinivere:
I see a new trend. A lotta new posters introduce thmselves. Tell us they have been reading...Then ask for affordaable hospitals. Some want it emailed to them sef.
Please that is not how this thread works. You the pregnant mama, the one with a vested interest are the one that does the heavy lifting. Luckily for you, it has been made easier. All you have to do is read. People have posted the hospitals they used. That was their idea of affordable. Read. Pick. Choose. You can now narrow down your options and ask the older moms their ex[b]periences.
People here are pregnant, some have jobs,[/b] some are using bow and arrow to hook pta and doing midnight for cheap flight. Is it fair for them to do your own research for u too?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 9:21am On Apr 23, 2016
You see! thats why I don't like to risk travelling on an expiring visa. Its at the discretion of the POE officer, one should not just meet an 'alakoba'

pimpos:

Exactly my thought too but since the 3 months still works for me,i just took it and "jejely" walked away (at least he didn't stamp me in for the actual 2 weeks i'll be staying).
PS: he asked me if I was pregnant,i said "No" then he smiled...

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.