Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,107 members, 7,814,889 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (81) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899250 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Zumabeezle: 5:25pm On May 05, 2016
Got into Houston on a Sunday and all was well. On Monday night my water broke. Baby was delivered via cs on Tuesday night. She wasn't breathing or making a sound. Fear ripped thru me. 12 minutes of silence! Then i heard that beautiful cry.! Glory to God.
Coz she came early, she was put in nicu level 2. Eventually got discharged from d hospital. Now the bills are coming in. Hmmm, my pple, i don't even know where to start from. Nicu bill is over the roof! Hospt bill for baby too. May God help me.
Special thanks to those who gave me advice d other time. @adebuble, @suntai for the prayers, @shrekandfiona, @nefertitiram, @adiahabasi, @modath, @cindermum, @happytbaby, @theleakytribe, @ladyguinivere.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 5:27pm On May 05, 2016
feddy27:

Great! All the best dear

NB: I'm a babe o smiley
Haha sorry ... Thanks so much mam . God bless

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Dabira19: 5:30pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:
Got into Houston on a Sunday and all was well. On Monday night my water broke. Baby was delivered via cs on Tuesday night. She wasn't breathing or making a sound. Fear ripped thru me. 12 minutes of silence! Then i heard that beautiful cry.! Glory to God.
Coz she came early, she was put in nicu level 2. Eventually got discharged from d hospital. Now the bills are coming in. Hmmm, my pple, i don't even know where to start from. Nicu bill is over the roof! Hospt bill for baby too. May God help me.
Special thanks to those who gave me advice d other time. @adebuble, @suntai for the prayers, @shrekandfiona, @nefertitiram, @adiahabasi, @modath, @cindermum, @happytbaby, @theleakytribe, @ladyguinivere.

Congrats mum. God wl keep her n restore u.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:32pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:
Hi everyone. The last time i posted on here was when i did renewal via dropbox but was called for interview and denied a visa.
I reapplied and was interviewed a month later. And to the glory of God i was granted the visa. I was already heavily pregnant so i had to travel immediately. I didn't get PTA in Abuja. I travelled at 34 weeks 6days via airfrance. At d airport, i had to do another fit to fly at port health.
Requested wheelchair so journey was easy.
Got into the USA via Houston POE. wheelchair service took me to d front. Was immediately sent for secondary inspection. I had just 2000usd on me. I had paid hospital and doctor's fees before i got in so i just showed them my receipts. They were nice and friendly. Two of them interviewed me at d same time. It was fun for me. I invited them to Nigeria so i could give one of them a Nigerian wife. Lol. Got stamped in for 6months. He however told me to come with my receipts every time i travel coz they will always ask me. And that they know about nairaland. That Nigeria is d only country that has such a forum. I laughed and said sharing information is free and legal. He said well that's true. That we should just tell our pple to pay their bills.

Congratulations.

Great news.

Meanwhile has anyone heard from Onlineise and Emeriem just thought about them today. Not sure I got the names right sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:35pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Congratulations Mama.God bless your little one.

God will provide. He that brought you this far would be faithful to complete it. If possible try to start pushing buttons now to raise funds for miscellaneous expenses. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by passionantchica: 5:43pm On May 05, 2016
Wow! Thank God for preserving your beautiful one. Scary something. You must have shed tears at the sound of that her first cry.
God bless her.
And may God, who kept your baby alive, provide for you to offset your bills, and give you miraculous favor all the way.
It is well.
Zumabeezle:

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 6:03pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Wow sorry bout the bills however thank God for safe trip and delivery. Dat yur dauta was bent on being American born. Thank God ooo. My colleague went into labour on d plane, flight had to be turned back and in d end she lost the child. So urs is indeed a blessing.

God will help ur finances.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Ajujuju2: 6:07pm On May 05, 2016
LadyG and all momas. biko help urgently.
In need of number for Mrs Stella for E. T. C
Or any agent doing etc in houston and dallas environs.

Biko. Ejoo. Don Allah. Abeg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Onlineise(m): 6:22pm On May 05, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Congratulations.

Great news.

Meanwhile has anyone heard from Onlineise and Emeriem just thought about them today. Not sure I got the names right sha.

Present Ma'am!!!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by suntai(f): 6:27pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Hi Zumabeezi! Hallelujah! God be praised! May your LO bring tremendous joy to your home! Remain blessed!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 6:34pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle .

Congrats and God keep you both, Baby's coming will be a source of joy and higher grace in ya family..... As for the bills, don't let anything send you into a tail spin, pay what you can and stagger the rest... What's important now is healthy baby, sound mind mama....

@ iwanawana

You almost gave me heart attack chic. grin , thot it was 320$, not that I have renewal due but tired of hearing price increment, everything just dey do ko sare soke, make some things try do, ko wa be, file be!! cheesy

TheLeakyTribe:

Congratulations.

Great news.

Both of them are doing great... thanks for asking after them... how ya doing too?

Bublehot ,

Some things after paying for excess baggage fee , I found out na just oversabi cos the price here is just 700 naira difference!!! cheesy Guess it's cos dem importers dey buy containers while we buy retail in stores or costco/sam's club..
Try and check that it's not load for no reason.

No matter what you do however, Please don't ship wipes, you can buy 2 or 3 to use till you are fit to run around!! Wipes are just waterlogged absorbent tissue, not worth paying to "carry water".. My 2k

12 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 6:45pm On May 05, 2016
donugapi:

Depends on how much stuff you're bringing.
Compare the costs of paying for extra luggage on your flight with the freight costs for both air and sea.

We used both. Air freight for stuff we needed immediately, sea cargo for stuff we wouldn't need until much later (larger sized diapers and wipes) and also we carried a lot of stuff with us when coming back.

You should also consider if you can get the items in Nigeria. It may be cheaper for you to buy the items in Nigeria when you factor in all the costs of shipping and clearing.

Hope this helps you make your decision
Thanks a lot
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:45pm On May 05, 2016
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:45pm On May 05, 2016
cheldas:

@ LadyG, pls don't stop the good work you have started already with me. Pls respond to my Q
@ All, all I need is helpppppppppp

No we don't have other kids. This is our first fruits. My wife has a studio of her own and I have a small Ltd company of mine with 2 branches in major cities in west. Also, I'm currently a 400 student of NOUN. My wife is renewing her P anytime this month so as to kick start asap.
Pls ma, pls all, What's your take on this abeg oooo
Thanks
Please I had a long day and very low on my patience quotient.
I already answered u. Read back

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Congratulations.

Great news.

Onlineise be good. Holla'd him and them hol their side
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 6:51pm On May 05, 2016
TheLeakyTribe:

Congratulations.

Great news.

R u serious.... They know about nairaland...u c...Thank God for this forum...you guys actually give correct information.
Be4 I came to Houston 3wks ago, I made sure I had all the right documents n had cash too.if not for this forum, haba...
POE in Houston was a smooth sail. Had my baby a wk ago n am really grateful to all d mamas in the house and all gratitude to God. .
Kudos to us n God's graceto keep doing d rite things. .

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 6:58pm On May 05, 2016
Bimdazzle:
Hi all
To God be the glory, had my baby girl on Tuesday @ doctors hospital Dallas . Baby and mama are doing ok. Waiting to be discharged today. Very friendly and courteous staff, had a wonderful Doctor too. Thanks to all who contribute daily to this thread, may God bless you . Also my travel date back to Nigeria is in 3weeks, pls I will appreciate anyone who can help me with etc agent number for Dallas, as I've searched the thread, but can't locate the number. Thanks in advance

Congratulations on your Baby..... Still waiting to drop any min...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cheldas: 7:41pm On May 05, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

I didnt reply cos I assumed your question was a rhetoric one.
U cannot use a sibling as a tie.
I also can't suggest what u can use as a tie. U fill your form truthfully and answer any questions asked the same way.The vo looks at your whole circumstances and adjudges based on that. So either u gorrit or u don't gorrit.
The only thing I can add is, if your travel history has not been to 'better' countries, sit this one out and let madam reapply alone.
PS: NOUN is an online university abi? That one no follow as ties

Pele MamaG, it is well with your soul
I have been to Malaysia, South Africa, Kenya & Ben Rep. But my wife has not been to anywhere and she has never applied before like I earlier told you. Noun is not an online Uni but a fedr Uni all over every state in Naija. Left to me I'm busy here but because she doesn't have traveling experience at all and we are carrying twins that's why I suggest applying with her.
Pls what do you suggest.
Thanks for always being there for us all.
Cc: all, I need suggestion from all too
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 7:42pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle

Thank God for you and baby. try and negotiate the bill well, if you can't pay all at once, arrange a payment plan as someone already suggested.

I wish you safe trip back home.

You are welcome.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bimdazzle: 7:51pm On May 05, 2016
CassyO:

Congratulations on your Baby..... Still waiting to drop any min...
Tnx dear, wish u safe delivery. Pls did u get the ETC contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 8:06pm On May 05, 2016
Congrats and thank God for safe delivery@Zumabeezle. Don't let the bills weigh u down. It's well and I believe thier must be a way out. Take care of the little one cuz that was close. I rejoice with u.

Lol@Mo...Abiooo. Thier is so much anger out there mehn! Prices are shooting the roof. All man dey vexooo.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 8:06pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabizzle 12 whole minutes! That's like 12 years of torture o! We bless God! Congrats o nne.

Ahuju nwanne I searched my records. I don't have the lady's nos. Auntie Nef and the Mo una gettam biko?

Cheldas ask yourself. Which is better? To be a burden to madam or allow her try her luck?
In my opinion, those countries you mentioned don't have much weight. Let her aply. If she gets the visa, you can start worrying about the next step. That's my final opinion mbok

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 8:25pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Congratulations pls how many wks were u wen ur water broke
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 8:30pm On May 05, 2016
Pls how much is gtb Fidelity or fbn withdrawal rate tru atm.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by CassyO: 9:04pm On May 05, 2016
Bimdazzle:

Tnx dear, wish u safe delivery. Pls did u get the ETC contact

No I did not have u started the process of the US passport... Please how did u go about it....Wasup with this letter of consent please I need clarification
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:06pm On May 05, 2016
Congrats ....God bless ur little one.

Bimdazzle:
Hi all
To God be the glory, had my baby girl on Tuesday @ doctors hospital Dallas . Baby and mama are doing ok. Waiting to be discharged today. Very friendly and courteous staff, had a wonderful Doctor too. Thanks to all who contribute daily to this thread, may God bless you . Also my travel date back to Nigeria is in 3weeks, pls I will appreciate anyone who can help me with etc agent number for Dallas, as I've searched the thread, but can't locate the number. Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by biollar1: 9:23pm On May 05, 2016
Hey dear

I think you need to follow me or so as per the pms and

No i didn't go with any admission letter. Went with a letter the hospital scanned to me. I don't know anything about ur hospital dear. All needed and requested for form A are:

1. Reference letter from Naija introducing you briefly, I shared a template here, u can go thru my posts

2. Letter from the hospital/invoice signed and addressed to u

3. Visa page

4. Ticket

5. Passport/Data page.

I intend using Oakbend and I took their Ob package form,scanned letter as registered and above listed docs.

Should u require further assistance, do get in touch.

All the best.

newmomma2be:

Hi Biollar1,

I wanted to ask you about Form A @ Stanbic. I was there yesterday and was asked for 'admission letter' and invoice from the hospital. The staff explained that the admission letter indicates that the hospital has booked you.

I don't have such letter, I only have a price estimate (invoice) from them (North side hospital, Atlanta). Do you have such letter from your hospital or do you think Doctor's appointment letter will suffice?

And no, I didn't get any of your PMs.

Thank you
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 9:24pm On May 05, 2016
modath:

Some things after paying for excess baggage fee , I found out na just oversabi cos the price here is just 700 naira difference!!! cheesy Guess it's cos dem importers dey buy containers while we buy retail in stores or costco/sam's club..
Try and check that it's not load for no reason.

No matter what you do however, Please don't ship wipes, you can buy 2 or 3 to use till you are fit to run around!! Wipes is just waterlogged absorbent tissue, not worth paying to "carry water".. My 2k

So so true. It's not everything that is worth buying in bulk to ship.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 9:40pm On May 05, 2016
biollar1:

Hey dear

No i didn't go with any admission letter. Went with a letter the hospital scanned to me. I don't know anything about ur hospital dear. All needed and requested for form A are:

1. Reference letter from Naija introducing you briefly, I shared a template here, u can go thru my posts

2. Letter from the hospital/invoice

3. Visa page

4. Ticket

5. Passport/Data page.

I intend using Oakbend and I took their Ob package form,scanned letter as registered and above listed docs.

Should u require further assistance, do get in touch.

All the best.

Biollar1 abeg u said u paid for oakbend through form A, how did u go about it because both doc E and doc Z said they don't accept wire transfer. Please helep me out oooooo. Na beg I dey beg.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 9:49pm On May 05, 2016
Zumabeezle:

Congrats Zumabeezle,
your baby gal must be very special ooo, waited patiently for you to enter Obodo Oyinbo first before she hussle.....lol
Regards to the little princess!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) (83) (84) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.