Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (87) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899196 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 12:39pm On May 07, 2016
Seen, replied.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by happytbaby: 12:41pm On May 07, 2016
Please hold a copy of your marriage certificate as evidence that the two passports belong to the same person since your visa is in the old name.

isysleek:
Thank you.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Jollybaby: 12:50pm On May 07, 2016
cutelass:
Guess I've rested enough. Here's my story. About 10 days before my travel date, swelling on my legs which had always been minimal increased so much. Even after raising the legs up at night, the moment my feet touches ground in the morning the swelling returns. 3 days before my travel, I used the home bp monitor to check my bp and it was ranging btw 140/80 and 145/85. I immediately drove to hospital. Nurse on duty checked with the manual bp monitor and another young dr checked and it was still high. They had to call my consultant. He ordered they check my urine for protein and nothing came up...he eventually came himself, checked the bp and said it was normal.

3 days later I travelled with Lufthansa on a united ticket at 34 weeks + some days. Requested for wheelchair and they said since I brought fit to fly I can't use wheel chair. I was shocked cos several pple here have used wheelchair. They agreed to book for my mum cos of her arthritis yet we didn't see any wheelchair neither at Frankfurt nor LAX. We flew to Frankfurt and had a 4 hrs layover b4 we flew to LAX. All the while, my mum was so worried about the swelling.

POE was a breeze.
Cbp: what are you here for?
Me: childbirth
Cbp: ok. How long are u here for?
Me: 2 months
Cbp: sorry, what did u say u are here for again?
Me: childbirth, delivery, to have my baby (lol...that's d type of confidence saying the truth at the embassy gives u)
Took our finger prints and stamps us in for 6 months.

We went to agriculture...the officer was busy shouting to the guy scanning the bags...Nigeria, Nigeria, lol...our bags were scanned but we weren't asked to open it.

When we got to my aunty's house...the legs had tripled in size and she insisted I see the dr immediately ( my appt wasn't till another 4 days). We called his office and luckily he was still around...said they close at 5pm. It was already 4pm...so without eating or anything...they drove us to the dr office. My relations went in to greet him (they had known him for a long time) I had no idea, while I filled out the forms. When I saw the dr, my bp had shot up to 159/100. He told me point blank to head straight to the hospital as I had developed pre-eclampsia and baby had to be induced immediately. He said the financial dept would have closed for the day and they don't open weekends...so we had only the next day to pay and sign the contract...cos if I deliver without signing it...I would be left with a bill of over $40k. Got to the hospital and was admitted. Was placed on magnesium IV to prevent seizure...while they ran tests...the same ones I would have done with the doctor's office.

Next day my mum sorted the bills...while they brought the papers for me to fill...despite the induction starting Thursday night...i didn't deliver till almost mid day Saturday...cervix no gree dilate till...was almost heading to OR for c-section b4 LO came forth...I hadn't eaten in almost 48 hrs...day said no food, no water...was just allowed to chew ice...where the strength to push came from...I don't know.

The main testimony is that LO didn't need to go to NICU...was almost peeing in my pant when the thought of it came to my mind...cos of bills...she was just in the nursery...they did hearing test...checked for jaundice...was later discharged. LO is 3 weeks old currently.

Used st Francis medical center and dr. Mb---u. Hospital bill $2700 for vag. Delivery (includes paediatrician, epidural (the thing wore off towards the actual delivery). Stayed an extra day which cost $900 (covers both me and baby). Hospital gives free stroller. I've gotten zero balance.

Dr fees had always been 1500 and 2500 for vag and csection respectively. When I got here...saw it was now 1000 and 1300...was told the dr considered the current economic situation in Nigeria and decided to slash his self-pay fees. Hmmm...Angels still dey dis earth Shaa.

Since baby came early, wanted to shift my date but United wants an arm and a leg just to change date...I'm chilling (mum is here with me, hubby is coming, wonderful host...no need to run home)
Congrats indeed God is ever faithful.have a nice stay

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 12:57pm On May 07, 2016
LadyGuinivere:

The free something na em de sweet me o. If na twins nko, them go dash 2 join ?#igbobizwomanmode. cheesy
Actually they gave me 2 strollers for my twin.so you are in the spirit grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by shawlar(m): 1:00pm On May 07, 2016
Na wa ooo...
I just stepped away for a lil bit and even this part 4 has almost reached 100pages shocked shocked
How person wan take catch up??

Anyways, kudos to all for keeping this thread alive and informative....

I hail the veterans oh modath,nef, favouredgal, olokings, firstty,ladyG,anonymum etc

make I try read back small....
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nomanicole(f): 1:05pm On May 07, 2016
Cutelass congrats and thank God for his mercies...your story is truly a testimony!

Nnystc...you are a comedian walahi!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 1:12pm On May 07, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Excited to see this....am leaving June ending...due 1st week August..
Any other August Mama using Dr Amajoh

Leaving middle of July so I guess we will see there. Due end of August.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 1:18pm On May 07, 2016
sennystudio:
Hello mama's in the house, thanks for your selfless contributions you are all doing a great job. I've been following thing thread for a while and I decided to register tonight.
My questions goes thus:
My husband lives and work in South Africa and I just got my temporary residential visa with my kids, now am expecting, do I need to apply for B1/B2 visa in SA or I need to come back to Nig?
Should I apply with my hubby or he should apply later after we ve gotten ours?
What is our chances if we applied in SA?
Thanks for the good work once again

In my opinion, I will say go to Naija. I also work and live in SA but decided go to Naija to go and apply. They really don't have much people here applying for the visa which gives them time to really look into your documents and ask questions, I know of people who applied here and got denied even with their spouse being South African. We took all necessary documents to Nig. and we got the visa and we were only asked questions based on what we filled. Not document was requested for. It was our first time of applying.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:18pm On May 07, 2016
Querylady24:

Leaving middle of July so I guess we will see there. Due end of August.
Sure we will meet in Houston then, are you using Houston Methodist or Oakbend?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
@cutelass A big congratulations to you and family and praises to God for his goodness and mercy over you.

Dr Mbag** is da bomb grin kiss and his assistant Blanca baby is a God sent as well. took me for a scan (over 30 mins drive) without collecting a dime kiss
Had a great time at St Francis as well.bills is same for singleton and twin delivery as well.after I was discharged the nurse on duty loaded me with 3 bags of freebies(diapers,wipes,baby food,etc).I noticed that they are not quick to send babies to NICU because some hospitals neva see you they are already reciting NICU undecided.
Had a great time in LA but the only iissh is accommodation but I was able to find a good one that I used.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by modath(f): 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
Nnystc ,

Had a real LOL moment with your post and seriously, you told no Lie with the "Negodu Mtcheew" point... cheesy cheesy

I won't lie, Lady G's been a positive influence on me, I'm a take no prisoner kind of Blunt Person.. I've had so many "Negodu" responses in my head to type, then i tell myself "Don't, Lady G won't do this" , & i hol myself & really LadyG will make sense out the same nonsense...

This is a forum & people are set in their ways but it's only foolish people that see positivity and don't follow its lead.... We die the day we stop learning..

Lady G,
My roze modul, tongue , is it ok to nominate Dr Mbagwu for "Pwesidont" ... Na you still be PRESIDENT. Ain't nobady can come near ya crown! wink

Nef ,

Comot mind, Nigerians go reach three,

Even Dr Mbagwu go see patient, e go even dey share to others when he becomes swarmed, Naija for show..

Shawlar,

Thanks bros, I'm doing great, you too? Omo nko ati Iya baby, God will be with all of you....

Cutelass ,

God will always come through, we thank him for his goodness, mercy and wonderful works...

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
@happytbaby,

Thank you. Will try the rerouting option.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by simababe(f): 1:23pm On May 07, 2016
Thanks sugar.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 1:34pm On May 07, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

Sure we will meet in Houston then, are you using Houston Methodist or Oakbend?

Houston Methodist
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Harjeehbaday(m): 1:36pm On May 07, 2016
Querylady24:

Houston Methodist

We will definitely see then, am using same hospital...have you made any payment yet? sent you a pm
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ijeomaobi1: 1:39pm On May 07, 2016
@bisoye82,
Pls can I have d accommodation detail via pm? Been trying the number for Dr mbagwu. Is there any form of contact
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 1:49pm On May 07, 2016
happytbaby:

Check www.airbnb.com first. I am still on high jump looking for accommodation in Chicago but by God's grace I will get.

I missed a nice one yesterday cos I didn't pay on time. the thing pain me ehn!

Thanks dear. Sorry about the missed accommodation o, e dey pain for body.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 1:51pm On May 07, 2016
Nne,
Trying the number? Azzin Today?

Chere... Monday gi kpo ya... Tata bu weekend...

I see you're taking it to the finish line. cheesy
Carry go biko. It will all end in praise.
All the best!

ijeomaobi1:
@bisoye82,
Pls can I have d accommodation detail via pm? Been trying the number for Dr mbagwu. Is there any form of contact

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by newmomma2be: 2:21pm On May 07, 2016
Hellooooo! I hope we do o, it would be really nice.

So these were the steps I took:
1. I preregistered online as advised by Iphie26 and ify4charm
2. A week after preregistering, I called their pre-registration dept: as Passionantchica adivised you to. I followed the voice prompt till i was connected to an agent. I told her i preregistred online and was calling to ask for my account number. She asked for my names and date of birth and afterwards gave me my account number.
3. After I got my number, I called Lisa I gave her my account number and asked for wire information which she forwarded via email to me.

I hope this helps.

Thanks

larrytoks:

Hiya! Travelling in June as well and due in July. We should jam in Atlanta. By the way, how did you get account details of the hospital?
I've preregistered online and as advised by Ify4charm but just got an auto reply mail, nothing else since then. I've also called the preregistration and financial counselling departments severally but no one ever picks.
What else can I do please?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 2:26pm On May 07, 2016
Awwww Mo!
#blushing
You are my rolls model too . Pls I support Dr m for pwesidont oooo

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 2:30pm On May 07, 2016
Nnystc:
Nne,
Trying the number? Azzin Today?

Chere... Monday gi kpo ya... Tata bu weekend...
I see you're taking it to the finish line. cheesy
Carry go biko. It will all end in praise.
All the best!

As in eehhhnn grin grin grin.
@ijeomaobi1 call on Monday.9am LA time.note it's a 9 hrs time difference instead of 6 hrs.
Cheers
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Bisoye82: 2:33pm On May 07, 2016
@LadyGuinivere I see your mail notification.you no get my Thuraya number again grin
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nnystc: 2:52pm On May 07, 2016
heeeyyyy!
Mba Nu!?
The thing nor go split o! E go pieces. Na twins I talk o... nor be "eight-tuplets" or "nine-tuplets"

LadyGuinivere:

Hahahahaha! No kee me o! The fact that u watch emire de terr me say u be correct someborri cheesy
#inpepesticovoice mbok thank ya thank ya! It is good when at least one peson understands the mission even thou e be like mission impossible. God bless us all o!
I only know the answer for twins.
Do the kpekus by 12 in the afternoon /high noon. Off all the ac and fan. Close the windoow. Na the heat go make the somethingto split! grin Mo na lie? cheesy
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sennystudio: 2:52pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=Querylady24 post=45397631]

In my opinion, I will say go to Naija. I also work and live in SA but decided go to Naija to go and apply. They really don't have much people here applying for the visa which gives them time to really look into your documents and ask questions, I know of people who applied here and got denied even with their spouse being South African. We took all necessary documents to Nig. and we got the visa and we were only asked questions based on what we filled. Not document was requested for. It was our first time of applying.[/quote

Thank u sis I will do just dat
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 2:58pm On May 07, 2016
Harjeehbaday:

We will definitely see then, am using same hospital...have you made any payment yet? sent you a pm

Just responded. Yes I have
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OMary83: 3:46pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=cutelass post=45391698]

Centinela has two private postpartum rooms which is bigger than st francis(went on a tour of both hospitals).u need to pre book ahead,I used it.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OMary83: 3:48pm On May 07, 2016
Nnystc:
Nne,
You don't have to tell me o... I used Mba and got a good discount from him funny enough.maybe ur bargaining power no strong.lol
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by sugah: 3:53pm On May 07, 2016
@querylady24 how did you make the payments? Was it form A?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by OMary83: 3:54pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=ijeomaobi1 post=45393176]Call emirates to reroute ur trip.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by cutie333: 4:22pm On May 07, 2016
newmomma2be:
Hi cutie333,

I am yet to get an appointment letter from the doctor. Am following up with with the doctor's office for that.
I will visit sterling bank on Monday with the price estimate and see if that will be accepted so that I can process through them. Did you also submit your doctor's appointment letter?
I will be travelling in June, am a July mom and I will be staying with Family.

Thanks.

Yes I submited my doctor's appointment letter. But you need to have an account with them.

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Querylady24(f): 4:30pm On May 07, 2016
sugah:
@querylady24 how did you make the payments? Was it form A?

No, had someone to go and make the payment for me.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by bubelahot: 4:35pm On May 07, 2016
[quote author=cutelass post=45391377]Thank u Nathz45, theleakytribe, lawyer123, omodadi2, simababe, Nnystc, biollar1, LadyG, Egonne1, ChicMalkia, Ajuju2, Harjeehbaday.

Babe na testimony me that too.God preserved your life and that of LO....
You were close to a seizure. ..
Thank God for God... Who kept you alive

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.