Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 (899432 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405) (Go Down)

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 2:40pm On Apr 04, 2016
herrik066:
Hey house, thanks for your real time support here. Very helpful. Can the anybody help with a sample budget sheet for childbirth or direct me on where I can find it. Thanks y'all.

Go to the search button, and search for sample budget sheet for childbirth. Restrict your search to the travel page.

As a matter of fact I believe someone posted one in the last 50 pages of part 3 of this thread.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 2:42pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congratulations Wolefola. Just learnt a new one. Scan your receipts to the Embassy and one would not need to carry receipts about anymore. Good one!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by tktgal: 2:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hello house.

Flew with Emirates from Abuja 1st April and landed Houston on 2nd April at 3:45pm. Straight to my POE story in summary

CBP: Took fingerprints and asks where r u going today?
Me: Houston, have a booking with intown suites, Highway 6
CBP: why r u here?
Me: To have my baby
CBP: oooouuhhhhh really? (Not sure he noticed I'm pregnant n I travelled at 35wks+
Me: yea (with a smile)
Cbp: when is ur EDD
Me: told him
CBP:what do u do?
Me:told him
CBP: How long r u staying
Me :2months 2weeks
CBP: How much cash do u have on u
Me : 2553
CBP:Are you married
Me: yes
CBP: what does your husband do
Me: Told him
CBP: alright pls stay at the corner. Someone will come for you, they need to run further checks.

Was taken to secondary inspection. Sat there waiting for about 4hours before I got called for another interview.

Cbp: Madam, sit down
Me: good evening
CbP: How long do u intend to stay. When is ur return scheduled for
Me: 2months 2weeks.
Cbp: where will you be staying
Me: Intown suites
Cbp: have u made any payments
Me: Not yet. They don't accept payment inadvance
CBP: that's not true. You can pay with ur credit card
Me: I did not have that option. Have my booking as proof
CBP: of course they do accept payments so if u wanted to pay u would have
Me: . Maybe because I was booking from an other country but I wasn't given that option n o also called to confirm n wasn't allowed to make payment
Cbp: kept insistingthat they take payments. Was quiet n watched as she went on n on.
Cbp: how much do u have on you
Me: 2553
Cbp: How do u intend to pay ur bills
me: I have my cards
Cbp: well I've got cards as well but they all v zero balance. How much do u v on ur card
Me: 4k and v got cheques valued at 5k
C bp:How come u v US bank cheques
Me: currently there is scarcity of d dollar currency in Nigeria so i traded woth someone who had a US bank account
Cbp: when did this happen
Me: 2days ago
Cbp: u sure its ur money
Me: Yes I am sure it is
Cbp: well that is Still 11500, at ur visa interview u said it will cost u 15k to have ur baby here
Me: yes my husband will be coming as well and he will bring some cash
C bp: when will he be coming
Me: gave her an estimated arrival date
Cbp: how much does he have available to him
Me: 4k
Cbp: Oh so ur spending ur whole life savings on this trip
Me: Not at all I'm on maternity leave and ill be earning salary while m here. My husband will be earning hos salary as well
CBP: why do u want to give birth in the US
Me : this is my first and I want access to a different and better health care
Cbp: its not like u have previous experience In terms of health care how do u then compare
Me: I do
Cbp: in which country
Me: Nigeria
Cbp: what's it like and what symptoms
me: its alright but obviously Nigeria is developing US is developed . Other symptoms
Cbp: like?
Me: headache. Malaria. N all (Didn't see all these coming. Didn't know what to say
Cbp: I put it to u that if ur child would not be a US citizen. U won't be here in the first place. U r here for the passport not health care. Right?
Me: getting a passport for the child is am added perk and a good one
CBP: and that's the major reason ur here
Me:like I said its a good one but my main reason is for better health care and the citizenship is one of the perks
C BP: Started raising her voice.. you are not being honest and you r not a straight forward person. Do u know how many women I interview from Nigeria on a daily basis
Me: I wouldn't know I have no idea
C Bp: At least 20 of them n they r honest that they r here for the passport..
Me: well everyone has their reasons. For me its access to better health care system andsince I had the opportunity. I'm making use of that.
Cbp: what r u saying (woth so much disdain) so others don't v the opportunity
me: its an opportunity. Some don't, others do.
C bp: you r lying u r not being honest. At least they r honest
Me: How have I lied n how have I been dishonest. I just said having the passport is an added perk n a good one.
CBP: I am goimg to ask again. Why R u here to have ur b ab y. Why US
Me: because I want access to better health care
CBp: *went on and on about how "dishonesty" is my middle name*. Was tired of the back n forth but i insistedon my initial response cos that's my true intention so saying something else wasn't an option.
Just kept quiet n kept smiling looking a her as she typed and kept saying "at least they r honest and u r not... repeated more than 10 times
she then held on to my passport n says "go outside n sit down "
After 10mins she came out n handed my passport over and didn't give further directives.
Took it n went to another officer who looked through n said I could go. Saw that she had written "cleared" on the landing card. N also she had stamped me In till October.

No be small thing. It was really tough. Houston POE is tough..

Just be coherent and consistent.

24 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by evemama: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Wow! This lady own strong o! Thank God all went well. It's good to be honest o, cos if u had something to hide this lady would have fished it OUT!

color=#006600][/color]
tktgal:
Hello house.

Flew with Emirates from Abuja 1st April and landed Houston on 2nd April at 3:45pm. Straight to my POE story in summary

CBP: oooouuhhhhh really? (Not sure he noticed I'm pregnant n I travelled at 35wks+
Me: told her
CBP: alright pls stay at the corner. Someone will come for you, they need to run further checks.

Was taken to secondary inspection. Sat there waiting for about 4hours before I got called for another interview.

Me: . Maybe because I was booking from an other country but I wasn't given that option n o also called to confirm n wasn't allowed to make payment
Cbp: kept insistingthat they take payments. Was quiet n watched as she went on n on.
Cbp: well I've got cards as well but they all v zero balance. How much do u v on ur card
Me: currently there is scarcity of d dollar currency in Nigeria so i traded woth someone who had a US bank account
Cbp: well that is Still 11500, at ur visa interview u said it will cost u 15k to have ur baby here
Me: Not at all I'm on maternity leave and ill be earning salary while m here. My husband will be earning hos salary as well
Cbp: its not like u have previous experience In terms of health care how do u then compare
me: its alright but obviously Nigeria is developing US is developed . Other symptoms
Me: headache. Malaria. N all (Didn't see all these coming. Didn't know what to say
Cbp: I put it to u that if ur child would not be a US citizen. U won't be here in the first place. U r here for the passport not health care. Right?
Me:like I said its a good one but my main reason is for better health care and the citizenship is one of the perks
C BP: Started raising her voice.. you are not being honest and you r not a straight forward person. Do u know how many women I interview from Nigeria on a daily basis
Me: well everyone has their reasons. For me its access to a better health care system
Me: How have I lied n how have I been dishonest. I just said having the passport is an added perk n a good one.
CBp: *went on and on about how "dishonesty" is my middle name*. Was tired of the back n forth but i insistedon my initial response cos that's my true intention so saying something else wasn't an option.
Just kept quiet n kept smiling looking a her as she typed and kept saying "at least they r honest and u r not... repeated more than 10 times
After 10mins she came out n handed my passport over and didn't give further directives.
Took it n went to another officer who looked through n said I could go. Saw that she had written "cleared" on the landing card. N also she had stamped me In till October.

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by KayLayChi: 3:27pm On Apr 04, 2016
ucystan:
@ kaylaychi, so u re a feddy Owerri babe?? Pls holla lets hook up.

yes oh. I just pmed you...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by lively123: 3:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=tktgal post=44400204]Hello house.

me i sha won't dare that Houston, never.

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
bouqounmie:
You can check from any reputable pharmacy. They should have it. And be sure of your size too.

Thank you.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Austine2020: 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
tktgal:
Hello house.

Congrats on your successful POE. This Houston is sometimes difficult,But it could have been easier if you had enough cash with you.Because thats what started the whole long interview,Because when she was arguing with you about why you didnt make any payment to the intown suit,only to find out again that u didnt have enough cash with you and that escalated the whole interview more. Secondly u did well to stick to your initial answer about Good healthcare instead of changing your answer. All in all,Houston is a difficult POE which after all the questions u can still make it in,than Chicago that can send someone back after drilling someone with questions.

5 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by quin9(f): 3:54pm On Apr 04, 2016
herrik066:
Hey house, thanks for your real time support here. Very helpful. Can the anybody help with a sample budget sheet for childbirth or direct me on where I can find it. Thanks y'all.

Just type budget sheet in the search box,you can narrow your search to the travel section,and you'll see alot of people's own,instead of being referred to just one page.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2016
omodadi:

Jaiz called me after 2weeks, bt got only 2k.Stanbic might sell tomorrow, cos dey dint sell last week Monday too and sold on the other days. I'm travelling tomorrow so dnt think I can make it.

Pls at what rate did Jaiz give u?
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 04, 2016
tktgal:
Hello house.

Me: told him

Me: well everyone has their reasons. For me its access to better health care system andsince I had the opportunity. I'm making use of that.
Cbp: what r u saying (woth so much disdain) so others don't v the opportunity
me: its an opportunity. Some don't, others do.

No No No, una dey marry d same hubby ni

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nogen: 4:18pm On Apr 04, 2016
Na WA o. Congrats dear. You fought a good fight @tktgal

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by collins011(m): 4:21pm On Apr 04, 2016
[quote author=greatie post=4o4390772][/quote]

Sky Memorial or H Medix, wuse 2
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ozycy: 4:46pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congrat tktgal for successful entry and for standing your ground, sound like same lady that interviewed me, they will want you to agree on their own point and not yours. If they meet many of your type, they will stop being overzealous tongue
Welcome to Amelica

3 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mestar: 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2016
tktgal:
Hello house.

CBP: why r u here

This is a testimony. Congrats @ tktgal and thank God for a successful entry .

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by mumnadine: 5:13pm On Apr 04, 2016
Go to ecobank for PTA dre selling but it will take like 2days
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by LadyGuinivere: 5:14pm On Apr 04, 2016
Congrats tkgirl.
The points that made me laff. 'malaria and headache'? Chai no kee me oooo!
'Do u know how many Nigerian women I interview daily?: I wouldn't know' priceless answer!
Finally, dishonesty is your middle name. Lolz. Na line from movie abi wetin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by greatie: 5:19pm On Apr 04, 2016
collins011:

Sky Memorial or H Medix, wuse 2

Thank you. Will do.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by TheLeakyTribe(f): 5:28pm On Apr 04, 2016
tktgal:
Hello house.

Thank God oh. That woman though! 'Person wey tight blue passport for chest' lmao!

1 Like

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Iwanawana: 5:38pm On Apr 04, 2016
@tkgirl. You sure gave that woman a hard time as much as she gave you. Information is keyoooo!!! Congrats on conquering. Call it fallacy of genarilisation but Nlanders mums have set the bar so high that I am sure these karashikas in houston and chicago poes dread interviewing them as well.Who tell u say that woman no feel defeated on d long run? Na vex she take hand tkgirl her passport with cleared on it.God pass them.

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Mumtwins2: 5:53pm On Apr 04, 2016
Hello everyone .... Please I am a little confused how can one book a return ticket , do I leave it open or book a date for return cos I am really confused . Thanks in advance
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats tkgirl.
'Do u know how many Nigerian women I interview daily?: I wouldn't know' priceless answer!
Finally, dishonesty is your middle name. Lolz. Na line from movie abi wetin cheesy
i'm glad she insisted on the same answer because really how will I show up there and say i'm birthing here because of the blue passport, even though I know deep down in me that I am doing it for the blue passport to safeguard my baby's future but that's too crude a word to pop out and the yeye CBP officer was expecting that, i'm sure if she said that she will turn it into another phase of wahala again, so why no better health care answer, it is well oh. To all the to be Houston mama's that haven't entered yet it is well o lipsrsealed best thing is avoid Houston if you can possibly do so

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 6:03pm On Apr 04, 2016
Mumtwins2:
Hello everyone .... Please I am a little confused how can one book a return ticket , do I leave it open or book a date for return cos I am really confused . Thanks in advance
estimate your Edd and add allowances for doca processing etc depending on type of birth and choose the date after all said as the return date.
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 6:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Abeg anybody know if there's any bank selling pta in ph oo...
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by blaize777: 6:25pm On Apr 04, 2016
ucystan:
Abeg anybody know if there's any bank selling pta in ph oo...
Check fcmb but u ve to be der early only on Mondays b4 8.30 and u get ur pta by Tuesday check transamadi or rumumasi branch
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by ucystan(f): 6:55pm On Apr 04, 2016
blaize777:

Check fcmb but u ve to be der early only on Mondays b4 8.30 and u get ur pta by Tuesday check transamadi or rumumasi branch

Thank you very much!!!
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by adycatus: 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2016
Good day all, pls I want to find out how someone can go about with booking of wheelchair while travelling, it's it from the airline, can it be done online or at their office and do they charge for it. Thanks
Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:15pm On Apr 04, 2016
Nogen:
Congratulations Wolefola. Just learnt a new one. Scan your receipts to the Embassy and one would not need to carry receipts about anymore. Good one!

I'm sure she correct, cos when I went for my renewal interview, the VO took my receipt and kept typing stuff.

Yay! So I don't have to carry receipts everywhr again!!

I go carry o! To avoid stories that touch

4 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by nefertitiram: 7:20pm On Apr 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats tkgirl.

Headache na real epidemic o!

Aunty tktgal, u for add heat, NEPA and fuel scarcity.

She no go follow u argue anything. Infact offer to buy her a 1 way ticket to 9ja make she experience am 1st hand

10 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
nefertitiram:

Headache na real epidemic o!

Aunty tktgal, u for add heat, NEPA and fuel scarcity.

She no go follow u argue anything. Infact offer to buy her a 1 way ticket to 9ja make she experience am 1st hand
I think the lady was just unnecessarily picking on her na after 4 hours of waiting and the long flight then come and pass through this Iya aje lady again, while I was reading the post I was just praying the lady shouldn't turn her back and she didn't so she try small despite all.

2 Likes

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by wolefola: 7:26pm On Apr 04, 2016
I have posted something earlier but cannot find it,Hoston POE was smooth and clear for me yesterday though was sent for secondary inspection in all did not spend more than 12minutes even ended up gisting with the second officer about his several visit to Nigeria,he mentioned that I can scan all my receipt to the embassy to update my records so I wouldn't not have to be carrying papers everytime and anytime am travelling,was stamped for six month and no food siezed.Lesson learnt be confident ,gets all your facts right and cordinated,ur story must be consistent. Might repost the question and answer later ,need to catch some sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 by favoredgal: 7:31pm On Apr 04, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Congrats tkgirl.

As in
You said exactly what I was going to

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (405)

Polish Student Visa / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.