Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,612 members, 7,809,241 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:29 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005451 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 9:48am On May 27, 2016
My suggestion for SOP issues is to watch the videos on how to write a successful SOP,dont be in a hurry,check them on You tube,sit down and look into those steps, give it to some knowledgeable to proof-readI am pasting a sample of Sop here to guide us in writing a better Sop,http://www.majortests.com/gre/sop-sample.php

Regards

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ikem01(m): 10:06am On May 27, 2016
lawmerchant:

You cannot differ an admission in University of Ottawa. You'll have to reapply. You can only defer a program after you have registered for the program. You may contact the school directly to verify that.
That's not true I deferred my admission from winter 2016 to fall 2016.
@iamosamede55 all u have to do is mail ur graduate study director an inform them of the reasons why u are differing and u will be told what to do.
My 2cents, I have done it b4 even if there website says no deferment. Hope this helps
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bhoyo: 10:55am On May 27, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house, pls I really need an urgent advice to this question because of time factor.
My acceptance letter says it is uncondition but on my invoice and payment fee,they wrote (A) Payment of full tuition of 22000CAD (B)minimum of first term payment of 8167CAD before 10th of JUNE as a due date.
So pls the experience Gurus in the house, advice me maybe I should pay the fee before proceed to submit my application? Am totally disturb on this pls. Very urgent
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Christian129(m): 11:21am On May 27, 2016
Hi guys!!! Please help me out. I'm thinking of a Masters in Public administration or international relations in an affordable school in Canada. Please I want to know if GRE is very essential or can be waived. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by irshadmuaz: 11:28am On May 27, 2016
rallymento:

I read that online applicants are not expected to sign their family form since they are applying via the CIC portal, their will create an electronic signature on the portal which covers any form of signature...

I just need a confirmation

I applied online and read through the online application guide it says do not print and sign your online application rather you would be asked a security question that serves as ur e signature.

As for me i just filled d dates and submitted. Leaving signature field blank.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by michaelolayinka(m): 11:31am On May 27, 2016
Please do I need travel experience before I process my student visa
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 11:33am On May 27, 2016
Bhoyo:
Hello Gurus in the house, pls I really need an urgent advice to this question because of time factor.
My acceptance letter says it is uncondition but on my invoice and payment fee,they wrote (A) Payment of full tuition of 22000CAD (B)minimum of first term payment of 8167CAD before 10th of JUNE as a due date.
So pls the experience Gurus in the house, advice me maybe I should pay the fee before proceed to submit my application? Am totally disturb on this pls. Very urgent

On no account should u submit without fulfilling the terms of ur admission which is payment of 1st term fees b4 June 10th. Failure to do that may result to forfeiting ur admission and also a delay by the Embassy.
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 11:35am On May 27, 2016
michaelolayinka:
Please do I need travel experience before I process my student visa

Do not bother yourself about travel experience, rather try to put in an excellent application. A lot of pple here have gotten visas without any previous travels.
Cheers.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by michaelolayinka(m): 12:00pm On May 27, 2016
phrancisco:

Do not bother yourself about travel experience, rather try to put in an excellent application. A lot of pple here have gotten visas without any previous travels.
Cheers.

Thank you Sire
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 12:59pm On May 27, 2016
uvagho:
@yemdog,sorry if I got d spelling wrong.I am new here and also a legal practitioner working in d d epartment of corporate/commercial Law and ADR in a law firm for close to 2 years.I opted for a pgd program in Business Management-Human resources at Lambton college sarnia.I begin to wonder why some gurus here tik that there is no correlation btwn Law and Human resources ,when we have corporate lawyers that are involved in several corporate activities which include HR.In this cut throat society corporate society ,I for one won't want to go for a masters in Law cause I alreaded am grounded with some fundamental principle of law ,in order to succeed in ds corporate world ,one must have an idea of Business .No one case is particular ,every case is unique ...explain it reasons for a pgd in HR ...and every reasonable person will understand with a sound sop ur reasons .I wish all of us with good intent the best .

You're working as a legal practitioner in the "department of corporate/commercial Law and ADR in a law firm" and you want to apply for study permit to undertake PGD in "Business Management-Human resources"? And you see a correlation between the two! I think you stood a much better chance of securing a TRV for a Masters in Corporate and Commercial Law.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:21pm On May 27, 2016
stephike1:
Good evening nairalanders pls I need u help urgently, does pregnancy disqualify or reduces the chances of obtaining a Canadian student visa. Please ladies $ gentlemen who already has such experience should please advice. Whether the person should go ahead with d submission of her application or defer the admission after her delivery. Pls I need u response ASAP.

The purpose of the medical test is to determine whether a TRV applicant has a medical condition that would pose a threat to the Canadian public. Such condition will render the applicant inadmissible. Pregnancy is not one of such medical condition.

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:22pm On May 27, 2016
lawmerchant:

You're working as a legal practitioner in the "department of corporate/commercial Law and ADR in a law firm" and you want to apply for study permit to undertake PGD in "Business Management-Human resources"? And you see a correlation between the two! I think you stood a much better chance of securing a TRV for a Masters in Corporate and Commercial Law.

It depends on how compelling your story is. I checked the course outline for human resources management at Conestoga college,I realise that i'd actually have to take some law courses like labour law, employment law etc. There are law courses required to be taken during the program.

You just have to explain to the vo the relationship between law and human resources management. Having a foundation in law equips you with the necessary knowledge required to adapt in the field of human resources management.

Infact the main function of HR apart from recruitments of new employee is to ensure compliance with both employment and safety laws.

In any event a strong sop is required to convince a vo.

But it's not impossible.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:29pm On May 27, 2016
ikem01:

That's not true I deferred my admission from winter 2016 to fall 2016.
@iamosamede55 all u have to do is mail ur graduate study director an inform them of the reasons why u are differing and u will be told what to do.
My 2cents, I have done it b4 even if there website says no deferment. Hope this helps

I don't know what faculty deferred your admission, but I am 100% sure that the faculty of law (which I have dealt with) does not differ admission. May be the rule differs with each faculty and like I said, he should contact the institution not Nairaland.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 1:43pm On May 27, 2016
lawmerchant:

I don't know what faculty deferred your admission, but I am 100% sure that the faculty of law (which I have dealt with) does not differ admission. May be the rule differs with each faculty and like I said, he should contact the institution not Nairaland.

Bros u dey u of Ottawa?? Need some info abeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 1:54pm On May 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Bros u dey u of Ottawa?? Need some info abeg.

Our 'oga at the top' lectures in U of Ottawa. If you need any info inbox lawmerchant3@gmail.com
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by iammartinzo(m): 1:57pm On May 27, 2016
phrancisco:

Relax, ur Trv is ready, go and pick up ur passport.
Congrats
Thanks... Passport picked up today... My wife got 5 years spousal visiting visa even far more than mine. Very suprised... though she's has been here before shaa. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by jj17cv(m): 2:04pm On May 27, 2016
@iammartinzo
Congrats

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:08pm On May 27, 2016
lawmerchant:

Our 'oga at the top' lectures in U of Ottawa. If you need any info inbox lawmerchant3@gmail.com

Lol oga at the top noni.

Abeg I have sent you a PM. God bless you sir.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 2:20pm On May 27, 2016
mevisbleek:

Good day Yemdogg, hope this message meets you well. How many years of HR experience do you have? How would a PGC in HR advance your career? I have read your profile and it smells Law, law, law, law. Why didn't you consider and LLM? An LLM might be an easy sell to scale through the visa process. If you have over 3 years HR experience, you are considered a professional. That been said, why didn't you consider a Masters in Human Resource Management.

Well, I mean no disrespect, I am only critically analyzing your case. Getting a visa is not by how fat an account is, the VO's has to see that what you are going for will add value e.g. From LLB to Call to Bar to LLM. Well, the deed is done. Submit your application and God will see you through, ijn. My dear, please oh I am by no means a devil oh make u no take offence in my statement, biko

A lot of students are been denied on the basis of course mismatch but what VO will tell you is ties to home country but when you order GCMS note you will see the main reason.

I know a lot will tell me that na God dey work things, I totally understand and agree. However, preparing a cogent application also goes a long way. God bless you as you submit and I cannot wait for your testimony. Stay Blessed

Thank you for your well considered input and advice.

I have just about 4-5 months of experience in HR.

My ultimate goal is an LLM. But LLM is not until Sept 2017. Most schools have closed their admission for 2016.

By Sept 2017 I would have completed my program in HR just in time for me to commence my LLM.

Are u saying my sop can't reconcile the disparity in my undergraduate degree and intended course of study?

Pls further advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 2:47pm On May 27, 2016
Christian129:
Hi guys!!! Please help me out. I'm thinking of a Masters in Public administration or international relations in an affordable school in Canada. Please I want to know if GRE is very essential or can be waived. Thanks

Try Carleton University, Ottawa. You dont need GRE
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 2:50pm On May 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Lol oga at the top noni.

Abeg I have sent you a PM. God bless you sir.

No wahala. You go hear from hin soon
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 3:02pm On May 27, 2016
yemdogg:

Thank you for your well considered input and advice.

I have just about 4-5 months of experience in HR.

My ultimate goal is an LLM. But LLM is not until Sept 2017. Most schools have closed their admission for 2016.

By Sept 2017 I would have completed my program in HR just in time for me to commence my LLM.

Are u saying my sop can't reconcile the disparity in my undergraduate degree and intended course of study?

Pls further advise.

Please if your ultimate goal is LLM wait till Fall 2017. If you try this HR move and it fails, it will become more difficult for you to secure TRV for your LLM. It will take a miracle for a VO to be convinced of this your HR story especially with your 5months experience in that field. What's the rush. This is not meant to discourage you but to state an obvious fact - your best chances for a TRV is the LLM program and as they say "always put your best foot forward".

If you need infor on LLM in Canada, inbox lawmerchant3@gmail.com and we'll link you with our colleague who's a law lecturer in Canada. This is just our simple advise.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stinux(f): 3:07pm On May 27, 2016
Just send a mail to Graduate studies to explain your plights. They dont defer admissions but if you have a genuine reason they might consider you for winter. Try your luck.

iamosamede55:
Dear All,
Pls i need advice on the best way to defer my admission from fall to winter. The school is university of Ottawa, i need more time to get my documents together and i am of the opinion that i may br shooting myself in the foot if i want to wait for my docs to b complete amd still apply for trv for Sept
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rallymento(m): 3:10pm On May 27, 2016
Hi guys I am considering deferring my Admission at Humber college. This tuition payment is an up hill task... I have mailed the International student Adviser to seek for advice.

I have barely 14weeks and the visa processing time is 12 weeks...

Mehn I dont wanna take chances...

House your ADVICE is needed.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stinux(f): 3:12pm On May 27, 2016
This question has already been answered like 2 pages back. Pregnancy cannot reduce your chances of getting a TRV. All the best

stephike1:
Good evening nairalanders pls I need u help urgently, does pregnancy disqualify or reduces the chances of obtaining a Canadian student visa. Please ladies $ gentlemen who already has such experience should please advice. Whether the person should go ahead with d submission of her application or defer the admission after her delivery. Pls I need u response ASAP.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 27, 2016
Hi pls i want to find out how to get the UCI number, Unique Client Identifier. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by phrancisco: 3:37pm On May 27, 2016
iammartinzo:

Thanks... Passport picked up today... My wife got 5 years spousal visiting visa even far more than mine. Very suprised... though she's has been here before shaa. Thanks

That's nice, congrats once again

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by lawmerchant: 4:00pm On May 27, 2016
jumman:
Hi pls i want to find out how to get the UCI number, Unique Client Identifier. Thanks

You'll find it in any letter you've recieved from CIC. If you have not filed any application with CIC, the obviously you don't have any UCI #
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ceemac: 4:18pm On May 27, 2016
emma4eva:
boss, I haven't heard anything from Western University since oo, am running my trv with ryerson University, I would have preferred Western

A little more patience will do, hopefully at month end or early next month... That was the same thing they assured one of my nigga of... Hopefully yours fall in line too... Keep the hope alive!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 4:24pm On May 27, 2016
Bosses, is it a good idea to include a letter from a company saying they are highly going to consider me for employment if I return back with a master's degree in my field... I just finished service early dis month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 4:25pm On May 27, 2016
ceemac:

A little more patience will do, hopefully at month end or early next month... That was the same thing they assured one of my nigga of... Hopefully yours fall in line too... Keep the hope alive!
am hopeful, working with ryerson for now. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rallymento(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2016
Finally requested to defer my admission.

Chai... for the whole of May na so I just dey run up and down.......... Abeg make I receive some fresh air jare...

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.