Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,405 members, 7,812,197 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:55 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (394) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1006035 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 10:43pm On Aug 24, 2016
sugababe101:
Hi guys,
I must confess I have learnt a lot on this forum.
Pls kindly advise me on this. 

I plan to study in canada and apply for PR afterwards.
I have a degree(second class upper) in business already, so the option is to go for a Post Graduate Diploma /certificate or a masters degree (mba)

OPTIONS:

1.I go for a 1 year pg Diploma /certificate program in colleges like George Brown,seneca, etc. ( from research I hear it's difficult to get PR as you are given only 1 year of pgwp which may be too short to process your PR)

2. Enrol in Humber on centennial for a 2 years pg diploma/certificate. (the question is why do a 2 years pg Diploma When you are qualified for a masters degree, which obviously seems better) 

3. Apply for a masters degree in any of the affordable universities. ( the problem here is, I'll have to wait till next September , as most of the universities only admit in fall semesters..

Questions:
Which among the three seems like the best option?

Is it a waste of time applying for a masters degree and then waiting till next year September? I feel like it's a long time to wait.

Has anyone ever gotten PR after 1 year of full time PG program?

Thanks a lot, pls help a sister, your advice will be well appreciated..

3 is your best bet.

I really want to ask this...

Why would anybody with Bsc and sometimes work experience spend millions traveling to Canada to do Postgraduate diplomas/certificates courses?

7 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2016
justwise:

3 of your best bet.

Why would anybody with Bsc and sometimes work experience spend millions traveling to Canada to do Postgraduate diplomas/certificates courses?

What if it's the person wants to change course and the person opt for an Advanced diploma
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 11:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
please what province are you headed?
Ymc007:

I need help with accommodation
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Iggynasia(f): 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2016
travelstart
brandymcmb:
Please who has used www.cheapflights.com.ng succesfully before or kindly suggest any other platform for booking cheap flights

Thanks
@thesoj

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by akol07: 11:26pm On Aug 24, 2016
ziggy3579:
List of banks barred froom forex transaction by CBN and their Gbese; don't apply for form A through dem for the payment of tuition for now until they are cleared;
United Bank for Africa (UBA) -$530m
First Bank of Nigeria (FBN)- $469m
Diamond Bank Plc-$287m
Sterling Bank Plc-$269m
Sky Bank Plc -$221m
Fidelity Bank -$209m
Keystone Bank- $139
First City Monument Bank (FCMB) -$125m
Heritage Bank-$85m

This doesn't affect FormA. The trade ban is for other transactions not international student school fees.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 11:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
Iggynasia:
travelstart

Thanks dear
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by faroukfahima(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
akol07:

This doesn't affect FormA. The trade ban is for other transactions not international student school fees.

UBA Ban Has Been Lifted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 2:25am On Aug 25, 2016
VEIL1234:
Hi everyone,

Anyone resuming to USask this fall? please lets network on accommodation issues. Thanks.

Bro I b dey go usask ohh dey have not given me my TRV yet ohh since 25 last month.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:10am On Aug 25, 2016
Emmalondon:

Bros please i also have questions concerning canada that i need answers to. Please can we discuss via mail. My email address is thumpmike13@gmail.com

With profound humility and respect, I'd really suggest you ask your questions here so that others can benefit from them. It will also benefit you cos people can answer your queries from different perspectives.

No offence meant.
Unless your questions are personal.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by VEIL1234: 7:19am On Aug 25, 2016
@Rproxy88 you applied on the 25th of July? Iit will end in praise bro.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by justwise(m): 7:23am On Aug 25, 2016
adebayoolatunji:

What if it's the person wants to change course and the person opt for an Advanced diploma

You change course at the same level or higher, postgraduate diploma is more or less a preparatory/entry course. Immigration-wise its hardly for somebody with degree and work experiences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Garnyangel: 9:11am On Aug 25, 2016
Hello all. I have been a silent reader of this thread. I give a thumbs up to the pioneers of this thread. It has been useful so far. I applied for visa in May 14 and unfortunately by August 23, i was sent a denial letter. The denial was based on purpose of visit and current employment situation. I applied for a diploma in Mohawk college despite the fact that am a graduate. Also I have not been employed but i submitted a letter that I have been working in my dad's company though I didnot submit my personal statement of account. Only my sponsor's was submitted. I would like to re-apply. Please how do I request for my GCMS file? What email address should I send the request to? Also, how do I cover my loopholes, especially the unemployment. The chance is slim that I will get a job especially with the country's economic situation. Should I tell my parents to start sending money to my account every month? And then prepare an employment letter from my dad's company? Please bail me out fellow nairalanders

@yemdogg I have been observing you closely. You are very patient and you answer people's questions well. I would like you to be my lawyer in the nearest future. Please PM me your email address and we take it up from there. Am not toasting you o! I just want to get to know you better and make you my lawyer

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Garnyangel: 9:21am On Aug 25, 2016
Please I forgot to ask, which universities in Canada accept a 3.2 cgpa for masters? Because I know most do not accept a 2-2 but some might. Kindly let me know the ones that can accet the stated cgpa. Thanks. I wouldnt mind if yemdogg answers my questions.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2016
@yemdogg I have been observing you closely. Am not toasting you o! I just want to get
to know you better and make you my lawyer
( Quote ) ( Report) ( Like ) ( Share)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by sammymexi(m): 9:25am On Aug 25, 2016
lolz
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Rproxy88(m): 9:37am On Aug 25, 2016
VEIL1234:
@Rproxy88 you applied on the 25th of July? Iit will end in praise bro.

Yes July. Indeed it's will surely end in praise amen.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by adebayoolatunji(m): 9:50am On Aug 25, 2016
justwise:

You change course at the same level or higher, postgraduate diploma is more or less a preparatory/entry course. Immigration-wise its hardly for somebody with degree and work experiences.
studied physics and going for advanced diploma in instrumentation and control engineering technology
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by endinpraise: 10:34am On Aug 25, 2016
Good morning everyone. Congratulations once again to all the successful applicants and congratulations in advance to all the travel hopefuls. Hang on on there.

Gurus on the house, thank you so much for your precious time. As advised, dear nairalanders please see details below. ...

I applied for a study visa through an agency here in Nigeria.

I Studied chemistry education. 
Worked in the banking sector for over over 7 yrs
Stopped work 2012.
I applied for a post baccalaureate in HR in Thompson rivers. 
Submitted forms on the 8th of June. 
Biometrics - 15th June. 
Visa request- Not approved. 

Reasons-

- Not coming back...

- Purpose of study.

- Current employment situation. 

Docs supplied-

IRCC study permit forms.

Family form. 

Birth attestation

Marriage certificate.

Children's details

Spouse's SOA well funded.

Copy of Spouse's work ID card.

Letter from his employers.

His employers letter of  Introduction saying they know him. Etc. 

My former employer's intro letter. 

Police character report. 

SOP

Unconditional admission letter

Telex copy for school fees payment. 

In as much as I feel very pained at their decision,  I want to 

1. Know what went wrong & learn from it.

2. See the possibility of Reapplying/changing course? in addition to your help and advice which is welcome.

Thank you.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 11:16am On Aug 25, 2016
[CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME OUT WITH AN ANSWER?

quote author=mryoung16 post=48770438]Hi guys, please how do I tackle this reason of refusal as I did my first application with an agent,(1) purpose of visit (2) current employment sitution, In my last application, I purposely removed my payslip because the salary seem to be very low, not even up to 20k and currently, I don't work with that company again, working in my dad's company as a site supervisor now because he has a construction company.

My sponsor happens to be my step brother with different surname, 34m in his two accounts

Considering the facts that I had bsc public Administration (third class) going for PGC business administration at TRU, submitting my new work ID which shows a site supervisor, will it backfire as it doesn't relate to my intending program?

I wouldn't mind getting a different ID from my dad as a manager of the company, just want the application to fly.

Finally, I forgot to put my land document before but am planning to put it in my new application now, please huz I seriously need your kindly advice.[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by o2(f): 11:18am On Aug 25, 2016
Yemyem i thot i was the only one observing you. This one other ladies want you to lawyer them. They should take time oh. I am the only client oh. Dont lawyer anybody oh. Mee too i am not toasting u oh. Chai yemi you must marry for inside Nairaland oh plenty lafies tripping. grin grin

On a serious note. I am writing sop for MBA at Thompson Rivers university oh. As soon as im through i need thorough editing ( i dont mind paying a stipend for the time spent) i wanted to send you a pm but realised u prefer to answer people here @ yemmdogg let me know what u think.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by MsLee: 11:19am On Aug 25, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house

My application will be 12weeks tomorrow and i want to send a mail to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca asking for the status of my application and letting them know my resumption time is close.

Please advise

Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mryoung16: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2016
Sorry bro, am also heading to that school, I applied for post baccalaureate Diploma in buz admin as I can't do masters degree because of my low grade, reason for refusal, not sure I will leave Canada, purpose of visit and current employment sitution, got denied on 23 of August.

I Studied chemistry education. 
Worked in the banking sector for over over 7 yrs
Stopped work 2012.
I applied for a post baccalaureate in HR in Thompson rivers. 
Submitted forms on the 8th of June. 
Biometrics - 15th June. 
Visa request- Not approved. 

Reasons-

- Not coming back...

- Purpose of study.

- Current employment situation. 

Docs supplied-

IRCC study permit forms.

Family form. 

Birth attestation

Marriage certificate.

Children's details

Spouse's SOA well funded.

Copy of Spouse's work ID card.

Letter from his employers.

His employers letter of  Introduction saying they know him. Etc. 

My former employer's intro letter. 

Police character report. 

SOP

Unconditional admission letter

Telex copy for school fees payment. 

In as much as I feel very pained at their decision,  I want to 

1. Know what went wrong & learn from it.

2. See the possibility of Reapplying/changing course? in addition to your help and advice which is welcome.

Thank you. 

[/quote]
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Ymc007(f): 11:55am On Aug 25, 2016
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Iggynasia:
please what province are you headed?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by noonwu: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2016
hello friends can someone pay his tuition fee before traveling?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ebi01(f): 12:07pm On Aug 25, 2016
Hi. This is my first time commenting
on this thread even though I have been following for a while. I can't seem to link my online profile to my paper account successfully
has this happened to any one?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 12:20pm On Aug 25, 2016
MsLee:
Hello Gurus in the house

My application will be 12weeks tomorrow and i want to send a mail to accra.immigration@international.gc.ca asking for the status of my application and letting them know my resumption time is close.

Please advise

Thanks

Hello

We acknowledge receipt of your mail.

Please note that your application is in a queue pending processing.

You shall be notified once a decision is made.

Kind Regards

That's the response I got when I wrote. I also sent them a complaint on their feedback page.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krissein: 12:22pm On Aug 25, 2016
noonwu:
hello friends can someone pay his tuition fee before traveling?

Yes you can
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Tarry(m): 12:23pm On Aug 25, 2016
justwise:

3 is your best bet.

That's the reason why many PGC/PGD get refused, to the vo it does not line up. You need to really convince them before you can get a TRV
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by emma4eva(m): 12:26pm On Aug 25, 2016
Good day, please is police report important for online applicant??
if it is, please where can i do it in lagos and how much is it??

(1) (2) (3) ... (391) (392) (393) (394) (395) (396) (397) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.