Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,776 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (74) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005523 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 12:59pm On May 03, 2016
If you've read the thread thoroughly, you'll find the answer to your questions. These questions have been answered over and over. Please do yourself a huge favor by surfing through the threads. Trust me, you'll thank me later. And if you don't, all the best smiley
casie26:
My question has not been answered,is it when im denied grin that people will start giving solutions..please ppl how many months will be my personal statement of account,my sponsor i know is of 6months. As it is 3months payslip on checklist,how many months SOA of mine will i print?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by neks31(f): 1:02pm On May 03, 2016
nefertitiram:

Chai! Long story.

I submitted online Feb 16.

So he calls me up in Jan that he wants to do canada visa and he's looking for an agent. I tell him agents can be trusted, let me see if I can help him, although I have not applied for canada before but it is not rocket science, sebi they have an instruction page.

So I follow the instructions on the website and filled the forms for him. Time to get documents, became a problem. He said he is too busy, I should do what I can. His bank statement had like 1m but he had some cash in his dom acct, so I used both. !m was not enough for for the kind of luxury trip I planned for him. He refused to part with his land papers and he is not married, so I was worried his ties may be questioned. As the CEO, he is also not on salary. See me see wahala!

I got the following documents from HR as proof of income;
Letter of introduction as CEO
Tax payment receipts for 2014 and 2015
Company financials for 2014 and 2015 (showing Balance sheet and P and L statement)
CAC documents showing him as CEO

As purpose of trip;
I also booked an expensive hotel apartment for him in Toronto
I prepared a 10 days tour Itinerary of Toronto for him and booked with some tour companies. I included the confirmation emails.
I prepared a budget sheet for him, in line with the available balances
I booked a return flight for him on Luftansa

For the documents I could not provide like salary statement and marriage certificate;
I wrote a detailed letter of explanation explaining why I did not have some documents and that the funds to be spent are in the Dom account and not the naira account only. The naira account was added so that his sources of Income can be traced, even though he is not on salary as the CEO, he gets stipends and allowances from the company. He is single, biko is it a crime to be single again? I sha explained.

For travel history;
He has made over 20 trips in the last 3 years. I think that is what favoured him in this application. I spent hours filling the travel history form under additional information!

When it was all ready, he was too busy to submit it, and VFS did not accept the package from me, imagine driving all the way to Lekki so I proceeded to painstakingly scan every document and submitted online on Feb 16 (since January o!). I put myself as his representative because if I leave it for him, we will miss deadlines. (Looking back I really suffered o! Who sent me this kind of work). I made a couple of mistakes and mailed the embassy to correct it which they did very efficiently! 24 hours turn around time.

He was also too busy to go for the biometrics, I practically dragged him dre a few days after the 30 days grace period had elapse. March 20th or so. It was just God's grace that it was accepted from us.

On monday I got the email requesting for his passport. Luckily he just returned from a trip and was able to submit on tuesday or so. Today I got the update email and checked CIC where his visa has been approved, that's why I needed clarification when we can pick up.

Officialy, I have become a canada visa application guru yay!!!!

I think one has to follow the instruction guideline and use those questionmarked help links. They are very good guides.
Also, always include the letter of explanation. I'm sure that is what helped the application, especially regarding the salary issue and lack of documents.

It's also very noble of Canada to allow the use of representatives. If not I'm sure we would not even have started the application process.

I have no plans to apply for a canada visa for myself though. The mental torment of waiting 10 weeks in not child's play.

What's good nerf!!!

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2016
bjmme:
Segun,I just applied for admission rather,I need to pay before it will be processed,that is what am trying to get.....

Thank you Segun,waiting for your reply

Oh Ok. That shouldn't be that difficult nah. Have you seen these:

https://internationalportal.conestogac.on.ca/InternationalApplication/Content/Login/Login.aspx

https://www.flywire.com/school/conestogac

I hope you have a token. If not, you have to rush off to the bank and get one. Around 2,500N or so
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by olah23(m): 1:12pm On May 03, 2016
All account statement shld be 6 month print out.
casie26:
My question has not been answered,is it when im denied grin that people will start giving solutions..please ppl how many months will be my personal statement of account,my sponsor i know is of 6months. As it is 3months payslip on checklist,how many months SOA of mine will i print?

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 1:30pm On May 03, 2016
dessy8:
Hello house,,please this is my financial breakdown, im about to submit my application for trv next week...Please i need your input and analyses guys..

duration of program......2year diploma..
tuition per year/books and supplies..............................................................6300CAD......N999,676.11
CIC recommended funds for
living expenses/year.................................................................................10,000CAD.. .N1,586,808.93.
School's recommended budget for tuition/living expenses/accommodation..........18,000CAD....N2,856,000Million..
i.e 6300CAD 4tuition plus 11700CAD 4living expenses making 18,000CAD,,1700CAD above cic's 10,000CAD recommended amount..

Sponsor..Dad, retiree..
Bank Statement Balance...................................................................... N4.075Million.
Asset valuation report from an estate valuer of 6 land assets........................N47M..also stated liquid cash of 2.9M available., making a total 49.9M
Affdavit of support AND letter of sponsorship stating that 18,000CAD which is approx N2.9M will be set aside yearly from one of his personal accounst i.e, the one with the 4.075M balance for my tuition and living expenses.....

I also have two younger half brothers that i'm including in my family form, they both attend an expensive boarding school...thinking of stating that they are on scholarship oooo...

I am also submitting my 6months payslips,study leave letter,introduction letter from company...not submitting my bank statement cos theres no reasonable money in it at the moment.

Wht do u guys think?I am good to go?? i dont want to hear insuficient funds from any VO oooo...

dessy8:
So NOBODY WAN ANSWER ME FOR HERE ABI....OR UNA NO READ WETIN I WRITE......

@dessy: Although dad has assets worth about 50m but the readily available fund of 2.9m yearly from 4.075m is quite tricky plus he is a retiree.

Oya! House abeg more contributions
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:54pm On May 03, 2016
@olah23 tnks vry much
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tundechange: 2:21pm On May 03, 2016
tundechange:
Good Morning Guys,

Please, I am in the process of applying for Immigration visa to Canada and required to do an Educational Credential Assessment. Kindly assist in giving responses to the below questions:

1. Should I do it through WES or IQAS and which one is faster and easier?
2. What are the charges of the two institutions?
3. I have Diploma, OND and a University degree, in a case whereby I cannot get transcripts for my Diploma & OND, can I make use of the
University degree only?
4. Is it compulsory for me to submit any Secondary School documents in view of the fact that I have a University degree?

You could please forward any other helpful information to my email tundechange20@gmail.com.

Kindly help a brother by responding to the above questions.

Thanks and God bless

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rallymento(m): 2:35pm On May 03, 2016
Abeg who dey enter Canada this September? I need to know what you did...........
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 3:16pm On May 03, 2016
SegunWamiri:

Oh Ok. That shouldn't be that difficult nah. Have you seen these:

https://internationalportal.conestogac.on.ca/InternationalApplication/Content/Login/Login.aspx

https://www.flywire.com/school/conestogac

I hope you have a token. If not, you have to rush off to the bank and get one. Around 2,500N or so

i have a token for gtb and i have nvr use it since it has been given me issues as per security question,ihave been to gtb where i have the money they let me know that i need to have domiciliary acct before i can pay.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dbnagato: 3:18pm On May 03, 2016
charlie111:
University of Regina fall 2016, Anyone?

We dey here plenty..

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kusibana: 3:19pm On May 03, 2016
House please this is urgent. I want to begin my trv application but the hardcopy of my acceptance letter is still not in. I would like to know if I can just present the softcopy.?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dbnagato: 3:19pm On May 03, 2016
Royat1 still waiting for ur reply..
Which course nd program?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nadia94(f): 4:01pm On May 03, 2016
kusibana:
House please this is urgent. I want to begin my trv application but the hardcopy of my acceptance letter is still not in. I would like to know if I can just present the softcopy.?
You can submit the scanned copy.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 4:01pm On May 03, 2016
bjmme:
i have a token for gtb and i have nvr use it since it has been given me issues as per security question,ihave been to gtb where i have the money they let me know that i need to have domiciliary acct before i can pay.

This stuff is not difficult, any bank atm card can pay this fee, you will just input your card details on the school payment portal, dats all, no need for token or domiciliary account, at least thats what i did
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Royat1(m): 4:15pm On May 03, 2016
Dbnagato:
Royat1 still waiting for ur reply.. Which course nd program?
boss no vex jare , I kuku see am , biochem !
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 4:44pm On May 03, 2016
rheginarh:

This stuff is not difficult, any bank atm card can pay this fee, you will just input your card details on the school payment portal, dats all, no need for token or domiciliary account, at least thats what i did
,Rheginarh,thank you,please i have options to pay through western union,flywire,web banking,bank-draft,cheque......i have gtb naira mastercard with me.I dont expect it to be hard like this as well.i will be glad if you can provide a lasting solution to this,i know am not the first person to pay to the school from Nigeria
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Dbnagato: 4:58pm On May 03, 2016
Royat1:

boss no vex jare , I kuku see am , biochem !

Undergrad?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 5:01pm On May 03, 2016
bjmme:
,Rheginarh,thank you,please i have options to pay through western union,flywire,web banking,bank-draft,cheque......i have gtb naira mastercard with me.I dont expect it to be hard like this as well.i will be glad if you can provide a lasting solution to this,i know am not the first person to pay to the school from Nigeria

If i understand you well this is application fee not school fees where you need form a, nd i kno application fees are usually paid via web, if your gtb card is givng u issues use another bank atm, this reply is to d best of my knowledge
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 5:10pm On May 03, 2016
Hello house,

My dad is a legal practitioner and he has been practising for close to two decades now without registering his firm at CAC.

Although this is allowed under the law. However, since he's my sponsor and due to my trv application we have decided to register his business name. Will this not be seen as suspicious by V.Os?

Also my co sponsor said he's traveling outside the country this week, I intend to get his statement of account this week. I don't intend to apply for trv till end of May or early June. Can I still use a statement of account that was printed about 1 month before submitting my trv application?

Kindly advise.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Royat1(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2016
Dbnagato:

Undergrad?
yes bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Giov: 5:34pm On May 03, 2016
Please oh. Am I expected to submit the original of my acceptance letter during my app. I read somewhere that photocopies aren't accepted.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bjmme: 5:42pm On May 03, 2016
rheginarh:

If i understand you well this is application fee not school fees where you need form a, nd i kno application fees are usually paid via web, if your gtb card is givng u issues use another bank atm, this reply is to d best of my knowledge
Thank you,I really appreciate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Royat1(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2016
Giov:
Please oh. Am I expected to submit the original of my acceptance letter during my app. I read somewhere that photocopies aren't accepted.
you can use d scanned copy that d school sent to you
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Royat1(m): 5:46pm On May 03, 2016
Giov:
you can use d scanned copy of the admission letter that was sent to you by d school .
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zoela(f): 5:49pm On May 03, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
congratulations....share the documents u submitted
your previous progam and the program youre going to study

Previous program- bsc food science
Going for PGD culinary management
Docs submitted
1 WAEC certificate
2 degree certificate
3 transcript
4 letter of origin
5 birth certificate
6 letter of acceptance
7 SOA of dad's company- 9M
8 tax clearance
9 affidavit of sponsorship
10 letter of sponsorship
11 passport
12 company's certificate of incorporation
13 board resolution
14 dad's passport
15 dad's ID card
16 samples of contracts awarded to the company

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by zoela(f): 5:50pm On May 03, 2016
Daveboiz:
Congrats o.. When did you apply

3rd of February
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 6:11pm On May 03, 2016
zoela:

Previous program- bsc food science
Going for PGD culinary management
Docs submitted
1 WAEC certificate
2 degree certificate
3 transcript
4 letter of origin
5 birth certificate
6 letter of acceptance
7 SOA of dad's company- 9M
8 tax clearance
9 affidavit of sponsorship
10 letter of sponsorship
11 passport
12 company's certificate of incorporation
13 board resolution
14 dad's passport
15 dad's ID card
16 samples of contracts awarded to the company
Congratulations dear, am happy for u. Make una expect my testimony soon. grin

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:17pm On May 03, 2016
yarn us ur timeline na..
have u seen medical passed?
ziggy3579:
Congratulations dear, am happy for u. Make una expect my testimony soon. grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:30pm On May 03, 2016
@zoela
pls what is letter of origin as you stated....

besides after going tru George brown college culinary management program i can see its an ordinary diploma.....not postgraduate.....
is that right
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by ziggy3579: 6:46pm On May 03, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
yarn us ur timeline na..
have u seen medical passed?
Baba mi I neva apply o, na Firstbank dey delay me. Applied for form A since 22nd of april nd it was sent last week friday. hopefully by next week I go apply by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 6:49pm On May 03, 2016
okay then
ziggy3579:
Baba mi I neva apply o, na Firstbank dey delay me. Applied for form A since 22nd of april nd it was sent last week friday. hopefully by next week I go apply by God's grace
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 7:08pm On May 03, 2016
bjmme:
I got admission to Conestoga. Pm me, I will direct you on how to make d payment. Its not as difficult as you are saying it. Only your debit card is needed on their portal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.