Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,707 members, 7,820,471 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1008725 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 11:16am On May 07, 2016
Thanks bro... grin grin grin
metrecube:

Congratulations Engr Akin. We will hook up in maple land come September. I'm happy for you bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 11:31am On May 07, 2016
Boss after the pp request how long did it take before you got POE mail
Kriss77:

i got their message that my passport is ready for pick up....buh i never get their time..lolz...will go there on monday to collect it.
afteral, i have already received the POE letter from CIC yesterday...so no worries...now i fit take dem do shakara.....

infact in DON JAZZY'S VOICE..( oga CIC...if u want your trv back...come and collect it)
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by yemdogg: 12:55pm On May 07, 2016
metrecube:

Bro. How does one notifies cic about change in institution when use paper route. Coz I think there is no mycic account for paper applicant. Appreciate.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 1:44pm On May 07, 2016
Daveboiz:
Boss after the pp request how long did it take before you got POE mail

say 1week after....8days after!!!!
but on the 5th day...i got a message that there has been no update in myCIC account...so i ignored dat.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 07, 2016
metrecube:

Bro. How does one notifies cic about change in institution when use paper route. Coz I think there is no mycic account for paper applicant. Appreciate.

What u do is create a myCIC account, then you will see a place to link your paper application to your account. You will be asked several questions in the process, but make sure that whatever info you give is identical to the info u supplied in your paper application.

After linking, you will see a place to notify CIC of you changed institutions. I was able to link my paper application to myCIC account this way

Hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 2:14pm On May 07, 2016
Kriss77:

say 1week after....8days after!!!!
but on the 5th day...i got a message that there has been no update in myCIC account...so i ignored dat.
bro 8 working days or 8 including wkends, no vex oo just need to be clear you could just post submission date and date they sent you the mail
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by raskid: 2:30pm On May 07, 2016
Medical passed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 3:24pm On May 07, 2016
when did you do it...and where...
raskid:
Medical passed
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 3:30pm On May 07, 2016
NittaJ:

What u do is create a myCIC account, then you will see a place to link your paper application to your account. You will be asked several questions in the process, but make sure that whatever info you give is identical to the info u supplied in your paper application.

After linking, you will see a place to notify CIC of you changed institutions. I was able to link my paper application to myCIC account this way

Hope this helps
It helps. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 3:35pm On May 07, 2016
krisez:
bro 8 working days or 8 including wkends, no vex oo just need to be clear you could just post submission date and date they sent you the mail

april 29....pp request
may3....got message that there is no update on acct
may5....POE letter dropped
may5...passport pick up mail dropped as well....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by stinux(f): 4:14pm On May 07, 2016
Good day all, please has anyone been able to defer admission at Uottawa before Or you have any information regarding admission deferral? Please urgent response will be highly appreciated.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 4:55pm On May 07, 2016
My POE letter dropped today
Kriss77:

april 29....pp request
may3....got message that there is no update on acct
may5....POE letter dropped
may5...passport pick up mail dropped as well....

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Bamz(m): 5:07pm On May 07, 2016
Daveboiz:
I want to address something.. The issue of statement of account. Some that do boost account that they will print statement of account with balance of like 15m and meanwhile the money in the account is not up to that. It doesn't work because this cic people verify account. So its better to use maybe a company account and which in the sponsorship letter it will be stated that "after you are done with school you will come back and serve the company for maybe 2 or 5 years" with that alone u don't need any tie back home because the VO knows you will come back definitely...

And one more thing .. To my knowledge if applying "kip it stupidly simple" it might be funny but if you submit 1000 documents and another person submits 10 which is legit i think the person with the 10 has better chance.

This forum helped me.. So this is my little way of giving back cool

Hi, I'd like to send you a pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by DanIndia(m): 5:15pm On May 07, 2016
Did the linking thing work for you ? I've heard a couple people complain that their apps weren't found.
metrecube:

It helps. Thanks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 6:19pm On May 07, 2016
Daveboiz:
My POE letter dropped today

happy 4 u....hope u av gone to drop ur passport??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by raskid: 6:20pm On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
when did you do it...and where...
@children consultant practice@raymond njoku.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 6:21pm On May 07, 2016
Daveboiz63@gmail.com

Bamz:

Hi, I'd like to send you a pm.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 6:22pm On May 07, 2016
Yea.. Friday morning
Kriss77:

happy 4 u....hope u av gone to drop ur passport??
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kriss77: 6:41pm On May 07, 2016
Daveboiz:
Yea.. Friday morning

ok....then your passport should be ready by.....say wednesday.

u should get a mail...or better still keep tracking from monday....

cheers!!!!

Going there on monday to pick mine sha!!!...before they vex tear the TRV page comot from my passport... grin grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by mikky4all(m): 7:11pm On May 07, 2016
Good day guru's in the house. Am a first class graduate of soil science and land management interested in studying a Msc environmental science or PGD environmental engineering in canada. Had a toefl score of 83. Can anyone suggest to be schools that can fulfill my academic thirst. Comments will be well appreciated. Fall2016
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 7:12pm On May 07, 2016
Hello house,
I am in need of solutions! I am currently studying in Canada. I applied for open work permit for my wife since January 3rd 2016 and when I noticed a delay and my wife was almost due, she travelled to the usa to have our baby.
The day she had the baby was the same day she was invited to send in her passport. she has since over 3 weeks sent her passport via usps to Nigeria but there seems to be a delay. tracking shows the passport is in Chicago but we called Chicago and they told us the passport has left to Nigeria. Our contact in Nigeria has not received the passport yet.
Our fear is that we were given 30 days to send the passport or forfeit the visa. It seems the passport might not get to cic before the deadline.
We have sent mails severally to cic Ghana, copying cic Nigeria to ask for an extension but no reply.
I would like to know if anyone has ever asked for an extension and what we need to do. Many thanks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Daveboiz(m): 7:19pm On May 07, 2016
grin grin this nigga has killed me o grin
Kriss77:

ok....then your passport should be ready by.....say wednesday.

u should get a mail...or better still keep tracking from monday....

cheers!!!!

Going there on monday to pick mine sha!!!...before they vex tear the TRV page comot from my passport... grin grin grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:39pm On May 07, 2016
Edoblakky:
Hello house,
I am in need of solutions! I am currently studying in Canada. I applied for open work permit for my wife since January 3rd 2016 and when I noticed a delay and my wife was almost due, she travelled to the usa to have our baby.
The day she had the baby was the same day she was invited to send in her passport. she has since over 3 weeks sent her passport via usps to Nigeria but there seems to be a delay. tracking shows the passport is in Chicago but we called Chicago and they told us the passport has left to Nigeria. Our contact in Nigeria has not received the passport yet.
Our fear is that we were given 30 days to send the passport or forfeit the visa. It seems the passport might not get to cic before the deadline.
We have sent mails severally to cic Ghana, copying cic Nigeria to ask for an extension but no reply.
I would like to know if anyone has ever asked for an extension and what we need to do. Many thanks!

I think I read somewhere that if u are currently in the US, u should send a case specific enquiry to CIC Ghana to have your local VO office changed to Ottawa cos that's where they process the passports for all those in the US. But since she has mailed her passport already, I'm not sure how useful this information is right now..

The mails you sent to CIC Ghana, were they case specific enquiries? Cos I'm wondering why you haven't gotten a response after 3 weeks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2016
mikky4all:
Good day guru's in the house. Am a first class graduate of soil science and land management interested in studying a Msc environmental science or PGD environmental engineering in canada. Had a toefl score of 83. Can anyone suggest to be schools that can fulfill my academic thirst. Comments will be well appreciated. Fall2016
Check Bradon university and use google to check universities that offer your program in Canada.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by metrecube(m): 7:45pm On May 07, 2016
Ask your contact in Nigeria to visit vac office in Nigeria with passport request letter from CIC and the document given to you by the courier service. They will tell you what to do at visa application centre in Nigeria.
Edoblakky:
Hello house,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 7:46pm On May 07, 2016
NittaJ:

I think I read somewhere that if u are currently in the US, u should send a case specific enquiry to CIC Ghana to have your local VO office changed to Ottawa cos that's where they process the passports for all those in the US. But since she has mailed her passport already, I'm not sure how useful this information is right now..
one of the problems we have is that cic Ghana does not reply mails and they don't take calls.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kzee001: 7:47pm On May 07, 2016
bolasie:

I left home after I did. Will forward it again but later at night if it's ok by you?

Even if you mail them, they won't reply you. I had to check there site and I found some international admissions officer I mailed, and she forwarded my mail to Sarah lane, who later replied with the details.

You could send a mail to Sarah.Lane@durhamcollege.ca

Cheers

Wadup bro
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 07, 2016
Edoblakky:
one of the problems we have is that cic Ghana does not reply mails and they don't take calls.

Did you send a case specific enquiry? Or just a regular email?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2016
metrecube:
Ask your contact in Nigeria to visit vac office in Nigeria with passport request letter from CIC and the document given to you by the courier service. They will tell you what to do at visa application centre in Nigeria.
This was the first thing my wife did: she asked her sister to visit cic Lagos with her request letter. Cic Lagos advised that my wife send her passport to her sister accompanied by a letter authorizing her to submit and pick up on her behalf. My wife has sent her passport but her sister is yet to receive it after 3 weeks.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Edoblakky(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
NittaJ:

Did you send a case specific enquiry? Or just a regular email?
What's a case specific enquiry?
We've been sending regular mails.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by tolfa(m): 7:59pm On May 07, 2016
Hello friends, please I need your help.....please in the tuition section when filling the visa forms.....Am I to write the total tuition for two years of study or just for the first year likewise my room and board fees too?
Please kindly responds and I will appreciate it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 07, 2016
Edoblakky:
What's a case specific enquiry?
We've been sending regular mails.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

Guys in da house, Pls confirm if this is the same link used for CIC Ghana

@Edoblakky after this is confirmed, I'll advise you do this immediately, thoroughly explaining your situation. Wish u God's favour

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.