Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Travelling To Canada Part 10 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 10 (1005526 Views)

Peace Mass Bus Travelling To Abuja Involved In Fatal Accident,Many Dead(photos) / Travelling To Canada Part 11 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (403) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by kakamsi: 9:03pm On May 06, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
When the LOrd turned again the captivities of zion, we were like them that dreamed...................

The month of sufficient grace has done it in my life...

I have just been called to go for my medicals....

I know the Lord that has started a good thing will see it to perfection..

I prophesy to anyone here who wants to be as happy as i am now, that nothing would be too difficult for God to do in Jesus name...

I WILL REALLY MISS YOU ALL....

Because i believe I have paid my dues here...

For my fans, I am still very much here till i resume in September....

To those that still have reservations concerning me....I am really loveable when you get to know me....

NB I am being asked to go for medicals because the one i submitted has expired as its over a year that i did it

Waoooo thank God, brother i'm so so happy 4 u. I hv been waiting to hear this kind of great news from u side, nd it is finally here. The Might God who did it for u will also do it for all of us IJN Amen.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by aliACCA: 9:08pm On May 06, 2016
s
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:12pm On May 06, 2016
fratermathy:
Hello house, I am currently a Masters students [English] in Nigeria, soon to graduate. I intend to apply for PhD studies in Canada but I have some questions:

1. Are there schools with affordable tuition or any that is tuition free?
2. What are the likely schools I can apply for?
3. What is the typical cost of accomodation like [in naira]?
4. Can I work as a teaching assistant or lecturer while undertaking my PhD research?
5. Is it easy to get a visa for PhD studies?
6. How much is flight fee [cheapest range]?
7. Are there academic opportunities for PhD holders ?
8. What are the salient factors I must take into consideration?
9. How much do I need to survive on a monthly basis as a PhD student?
10. Do I need ielts or toefl or gre and those other exams since I read English?

Please do well to tell me anything I haven't asked already. I know the questions are many. You don't have to answer all, just tell me the one you have an authoritative idea on. I really appreciate!

Thanks!
most of your questions you can get from online yourself, just search google. u've got internet.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by rheginarh(f): 9:19pm On May 06, 2016
aliACCA:
Good evening house... i am ready for visa application and intend to use paper route and upfront medicals.

First of all will like to thank @TheBae and thesoj effort in answering me on my first post on 23rd of August,2015 regarding securing admission. im grateful.

fast forward..... i will like to give out my profile and comment on some documents i intend to submit for my paper route.

i completed uni in jun 2014 and did my national service after from september-july 2015. After i have been helping my mom and her sis in managing their retailing and wholesaling business as well as my personal joint business with my friend (transport buz.). The purpose of this brief background is to give the house a fairview of my profile and how i can use this joint business as home tie and also how i should go about filling the employment section on the study permit form.

im also an ACCA student with three papers remaining though my last sitting was in june 2014. Can i still use this for the employment section??

i hold a Bachelor of arts degree and the programme i am going for is a progression of what i studied during my undergrat.

my tuition is $10900 (pending final adjustments), however i managed to secure an entrance scholarship of $5400. with this above info how do i fill the area of tuition on the study permit. Thus, the cost of my studies will be:

*Tuition: how much do i write ($10,900 or $5,500..??).
*Room and Board : how much do i write ($10,000..??)
*other : how much do i write (2300..??)
*funds available for my stay: (30,000..??)

the area regarding sponsor, i intend to use 3 person as sponsors (myself, my mom's step sis and my mom's) do i write all 3 names at other??

SoA-myself 1.2 million naira (personal a|c) and 500k (joint a|c)
SoA- mom's sis 2.7 million naira and she intends to transfer 1million to my a|c as first committment.
SoA- mom's step sis 3.6 million naira. she also intends to transfer 1million to my a|c as first committment.

i need help as how to package this well to the VO. no advice will be discounted. Just as you helped my secure my admission, please let rub minds together to secure my TRV and that of others.

@ hayqinsbFX @thesoj @TheBae @krisez @justwise @seiraries @ayooluwatoni @sholay2011 @Pampem @team27 @temzybabe @allandsundry

IT'S MY TURN
shocked shocked shocked

Did u include u of m tuition nd living expenses estimate, the estimate will help fill other details required lik room nd board nd others, for me i put the normal tuition of 10900 not the igses 5400 but i showed proof of IGSES and other funding, i submitted on wed, paper route upfront medical

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Arcayo: 9:49pm On May 06, 2016
Processing date updated

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 9:58pm On May 06, 2016
[quote author=Arcayo post=45380802]Processing date updated[/quote

This should apply to those that are applying now right
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Gsentme(m): 10:33pm On May 06, 2016
Apart from going to cananda to school. Is there any other way one can optain Canadian visa? Urgent answer pls.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Kimsunh: 10:41pm On May 06, 2016
Hello family. I'm about to submit my application. But my SOA doesn't show my salary because I have a personal savings account where I keep my money and I transfer my earnings to this account almost every month so I'm planning to use this my savings account. Will this idea not cause an issue for me.@ Hayqinsbfx and the rest of the gurus I need your help. Bless Us all
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by dessy8: 10:48pm On May 06, 2016
You would have gone to correct it...the VO knows that such mistake can never happen unless you deliberately lied about your age to the immigration officer...because they know u are asked to cross check the information before they go ahead to lock it in...i had same issues with my pasport,,i had to go to Abuja to correct it...my brother,,honestly that one is another hell on its own....i was lucky cos i knew the ACG passport.....
Promisennadi:

absolutely it will have effect, but anyways on tbe positive side, hope it dont affect, if not go and correct it before anything else. not just for visa alone, to avoid contradiction
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by SegunWamiri(m): 11:36pm On May 06, 2016
Arcayo:
Processing date updated

Haaaa, wetin happen? I hope the number of weeks drop soon as we apply this month o
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by judnele: 12:22am On May 07, 2016
It's been a while. Hope all my people have Gotten their TRV. Anybody coming to university of Winnipeg or manitoba. Can contact me. I can help in anyway I can. Thanks to my Ogas at the top. Just doing my own part.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 1:48am On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Pls i will like to know if at the POE its possible to be given a 3 years study permit when you are holding a one year temporary resident visa.

I just need to get the timing of the change right....is it better to change when one is in canny or it can be done as soon as the TRV lands....

NB This is because i am going to change to a three year advanced diploma when i get the TRV but i used a one year PGC to apply for the TRV

I won't advise you to bring this matter up at the POE! Let them not go and cancel your visa and send you back to naija for misrepresentation.

What you should do is first collect the one year study permit based on the program and school you applied for, and then on entering Canada, you can then register for the diploma in the new school and notify CIC of the change of institution through your myCIC account, i.e AFTER U HAVE ENROLLED o!

After this, you can later apply for an extension of your study permit. I will advise you to extend your study permit after your first semester in school, so that you can attach your first semester transcripts as proof that u actually went to school. Lol

My 10 kobo

4 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 3:15am On May 07, 2016
thanks a bunch..
the sch sent a change of program form...this means ill rather fill it when im there by Gods grace...

its actually same school but different program...
NittaJ:

I won't advise you to bring this matter up at the POE! Let them not go and cancel your visa and send you back to naija for misrepresentation.

What you should do is first collect the one year study permit based on the program and school you applied for, and then on entering Canada, you can then register for the diploma in the new school and notify CIC of the change of institution through your myCIC account, i.e AFTER U HAVE ENROLLED o!

After this, you can later apply for an extension of your study permit. I will advise you to extend your study permit after your first semester in school, so that you can attach your first semester transcripts as proof that u actually went to school. Lol

My 10 kobo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by judnele: 5:33am On May 07, 2016
[quote author=krisez post=45384141]Bro i and my bro are can i get your contact? pin or whatsapp number, By God's grace we coming to winnipeg[/quote
I sent you a message on your email.

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Mojolagbe: 5:46am On May 07, 2016
Hi @all,

Please I need the price range and where I can get cheap flight from Lagos to Winnipeg.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 5:49am On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
thanks a bunch..
the sch sent a change of program form...this means ill rather fill it when im there by Gods grace...

its actually same school but different program...

Okay. In that case there won't be any need to notify CIC via your myCIC account since it's not an institution change. However, get into Canada with the study permit you are given for the PGC, then make any necessary change AFTER you have crossed the POE ('border'). Lol

The international students office in your school will assist you will relevant info. All the best and wish you God's speed!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 6:43am On May 07, 2016
please on the column they asked for how much the study cost and how much fund available.... my course is a 2 yr course, but my dad's SOA is about what i need for first yr... should i put what course will cost for just the first yr or for the whole 2 yrs. cos if i put the whole two yrs it will be bigger than what is in my dad's SOA..... help from ppl that hv got visas pls. Thanks
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by wayaa007(m): 6:52am On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
Pls i will like to know if at the POE its possible to be given a 3 years study permit when you are holding a one year temporary resident visa.

I just need to get the timing of the change right....is it better to change when one is in canny or it can be done as soon as the TRV lands....

NB This is because i am going to change to a three year advanced diploma when i get the TRV but i used a one year PGC to apply for the TRV
Bro, cross the first hurdle, collect your TRV first, after then, you can do as you decide, and you can ask your questions

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 7:06am On May 07, 2016
Mojolagbe:
Hi @all,

Please I need the price range and where I can get cheap flight from Lagos to Winnipeg.
bro when are you going mail me lets communicate
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 7:12am On May 07, 2016
wayaa007:

Bro, cross the first hurdle, collect your TRV first, after then, you can do as you decide, and you can ask your questions
disagreed this guy answers every kind of questions even when ppl who haven't gotten admission ask about getting trvs please don't bring dah one here oo, if you have an answer drop if you don't waka pass because for all i know God is granting him his trv he deserves it, Thank you sir

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by krisez: 7:13am On May 07, 2016
Promisennadi:
please on the column they asked for how much the study cost and how much fund available.... my course is a 2 yr course, but my dad's SOA is about what i need for first yr... should i put what course will cost for just the first yr or for the whole 2 yrs. cos if i put the whole two yrs it will be bigger than what is in my dad's SOA..... help from ppl that hv got visas pls. Thanks
No just the total cost for your first year, God bless you sir
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 7:39am On May 07, 2016
thesoj:
I'm about to respond now...
Bro, what have I done? Have sent my SOP to you since march, abeg reason my matter sad
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:40am On May 07, 2016
my brother which hurdle remain...
please do not tell me you are still negative about my app...

well, the good thing is your negativity cant rub off on me...

100% positive here......Gods got this
FAITH
wayaa007:

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Nobody: 7:41am On May 07, 2016
krisez:
No just the total cost for your first year, God bless you sir
Thanks plenty
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 7:54am On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
my brother which hurdle remain...
please do not tell me you are still negative about my app...

well, the good thing is your negativity cant rub off on me...

100% positive here......Gods got this
FAITH
Bro chill, me and you know that it will definately end in praise. The guy was just giving you advise so as not to complicate things by yourself....nothing like negative thought about your apps

Cherssssss!!!

3 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 7:55am On May 07, 2016
bayocanny:

Bro, what have I done?
Have sent my SOP to you since march, abeg reason my matter sad

He is acting like a VO... LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 7:59am On May 07, 2016
Mojolagbe:
Hi @all,

Use Google flights
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by hayqinsbFX: 7:59am On May 07, 2016
i didnt understand the advise.....

"i shouldnt ask question"

what is the difference in asking the question before...........or after.......if there isnt any iota of doubt or negativity....

Pls i just do not understand

and how does asking a question complicate things......
what i have known since i was young is that you ask questions so as not to make a mistake rather complicate things...........

bayocanny:

Bro chill, me and you know that it will definately end in praise. The guy was just giving you advise so as not to complicate things by yourself....nothing like negative thought about your apps

Cherssssss!!!

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by Qwertyasdf: 8:04am On May 07, 2016
Mehn.. So this is how it feels.. I have tracked my application over 40times... Application wey I submit on Tuesday.. E nvr even reach a week.. Chai... Waiting no good oooooooo...

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 10 by bayocanny: 8:05am On May 07, 2016
hayqinsbFX:
i didnt understand the advise.....

"i shouldnt ask question"

what is the difference in asking the question before...........or after.......if there isnt any iota of doubt or negativity....

Pls i just do not understand

and how does asking a question complicate things......
what i have known since i was young is that you ask questions so as not to make a mistake rather complicate things...........

Just chill bro, no vex

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (403)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 / UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.