Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? (1306 Views)

Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? / Nigerian Man Proposes To His Girlfriend From Malawi In A Romantic Way (Photos) / Having Sex In A Relationship Does Not Translate To Love... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 6:22pm On Apr 02, 2016

Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by thesicilian: 6:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
Love is very much different from trust. You can have deep feelings of love for someone without necessarily trusting him or her fully. I think its natural.

My motto: Love all, trust none.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by Tallesty1(m): 6:32pm On Apr 02, 2016
This thread isn't meant for us that prefer friendship & lust to love.

*walks out*.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by Ripples334(m): 6:33pm On Apr 02, 2016
I think love grows or dies with trust. Where trust is repeatedly in question, love will die. When trust is developed and sustained, love grows much more (with all other conditions being in place) shocked
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 7:01pm On Apr 02, 2016
Earning my trust is so so hard

Nd i dont want any one to try

ones u hurt me ones forget my trust for life
cry cry criosly i need no one to earn my trust
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 7:50pm On Apr 02, 2016
thesicilian:
Love is very much different from trust. You can have deep feelings of love for someone without necessarily trusting him or her fully. I think its natural.

My motto: Love all, trust none.

I agree with your first notion but totally disagree with the other. Love is not natural. You can read the full article to see my explanations and why I disagree with your second point.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Tallesty1:
This thread isn't meant for us that prefer friendship & lust to love.

*walks out*.

Lust fades and breeds evil intentions either in friendship or a relationship. Love is key.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by Flexherbal(m): 7:52pm On Apr 02, 2016
Love is totaly different from trust. You earn trust over time.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 7:53pm On Apr 02, 2016
Ripples334:
I think love grows or dies with trust. Where trust is repeatedly in question, love will die. When trust is developed and sustained, love grows much more (with all other conditions being in place) shocked

Well said. You can read the full article to get more idea on the topic
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 7:57pm On Apr 02, 2016
halfricanadian:
Earning my trust is so so hard

Nd i dont want any one to try

ones u hurt me ones forget my trust for life
cry cry criosly i need no one to earn my trust

Hello halfricanadian,

I understand how you feel. But we are all humans bound to make mistakes. What happens when someone hurts us is to forgive and let them have another chance so far as there is genuine repentance.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 7:59pm On Apr 02, 2016
Flexherbal:
Love is totaly different from trust. You earn trust over time.

Very true. I buttressed this fact in the remaining part of the article. You can go read it to get more idea on the topic.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by Tallesty1(m): 8:05pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

Lust fades and breeds evil intentions either in friendship or a relationship. Love is key.
What you like/want is the key for you, same applies to Me.

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 8:09pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

Hello halfricanadian,

I understand how you feel. But we are all humans bound to make mistakes. What happens when someone hurts us is to forgive and let them have another chance so far as there is genuine repentance.

I really wanna give genuine chance but some how i cant i just get used to the person hurting me nd not care for a chance

Av tried hard bt wen sumone hurt me i try so hard to start afresh i just really cant they feel i dont want but God knows ow im dying inside to

cry cry life aint fair to sum people more like life hates me
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 8:18pm On Apr 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

I really wanna give genuine chance but some how i cant i just get used to the person hurting me nd not care for a chance

Av tried hard bt wen sumone hurt me i try so hard to start afresh i just really cant they feel i dont want but God knows ow im dying inside to

I can relate with what you are saying. First, you have to open your mind to the fact that issues may arise that will make you feel hurt. Your partner lying or cheating is an extreme issue that you may find hard to let go and come back to the way things are. That's why I said if there is genuine repentance - the person is deeply sorry and has stopped or changed from what they are doing cos they don't want to hurt or loose you. Sometimes they say they are sorry but keep doing the same thing over and over - this is a different case. I mentioned something on respecting your partners feeling on the concluding part of the article above. You can read it to get a better understanding.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

And life doesn't hate you. We all have down moments, no relationship is perfect. You just have to open your heart and believe there is someone special out there made for you, that will treat you right. This is only a passing phase.
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

I can relate with what you are saying. First, you have to open your mind to the fact that issues may arise that will make you feel hurt. Your partner lying or cheating is an extreme issue that you may find hard to let go and come back to the way things are. That's why I said if there is genuine repentance - the person is deeply sorry and has stopped or changed from what they are doing cos they don't want to hurt or loose you. Sometimes they say they are sorry but keep doing the same thing over and over - this is a different case. I mentioned something on respecting your partners feeling on the concluding part of the article above. You can read it to get a better understanding.

Thank you smiley

I really dont perecieve issues arising

Cos i always like to make things happen in 1 direction

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 8:22pm On Apr 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

Thank you smiley

You are welcome smiley
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 8:23pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

And life doesn't hate you. We all have down moments, no relationship is perfect. You just have to open your heart and believe there is someone special out there made for you, that will treat you right. This is only a passing phase.

I really needed this

I believe i will have a good relationship nd marry my right partner

Tank u for the warm words of hope

1 Like

Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by HelenaMag: 8:26pm On Apr 02, 2016
halfricanadian:

I really needed this

I believe i will have a good relationship nd marry my right partner

Tank u for the warm words of hope

I am glad I could offer them
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 8:27pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

smiley
Re: Trust Issues In A Romantic Relationship: Does Love Equal Trust? by halfricanadian(f): 8:28pm On Apr 02, 2016
HelenaMag:

smiley.

(1) (Reply)

How They Bang Her Sadly / Bored... I'd Like To Make Friends On Here. / Renmoney Soft Cash Loans For Salary Earners. No Collateral! No Guarantor!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.