Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 (73022 Views)

Beautiful Picture Of Covenant University Stadium / Winners Chapel Constructing N2bn Stadia For Covenant And Landmark Universities / Lady Expelled From Covenant University In 300L, Becomes Best Graduating Student (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by miketayo(m): 5:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
Google63:

Same amount? I doubt bro. Education is expensive.

india,ukraine,south africa, even some universities in the US pays abt the same price
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by RobinHez(m): 5:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
Spybradd:
Buhari sef..
grin
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by donifez(m): 5:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
I pay about 800k annually although not a covenant uni student, There are a lot of expenses these universities offset. Government help most of you to get a decent education. All una know Na to struggle for educational prowess.

Thank Buhari Government .

Running before them smash bottle for my skull.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by fxstory(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
MMM
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Misfe:
The fees above are fake....only medical students pay close to a million naira others pay less than less than and a lil bit above 1/2 a million...
DON'T JUST WRITE WHAT YOU ARE NOT SURE Of

its not actually fake. it's what freshers paid last year.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by miketayo(m): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Acidosis:

That money cannot cover ordinary ticket and visa requirements for some Nigerians studying abroad. You can't afford it, but others can.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Harvard? Just give me one reason.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Covenant?

does it have to be Harvard? or is covenant the best Uni in Nig, there r other top world universities that pays less or dsame amount.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by amokeme(f): 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
Returning students didn't pay up to that. Just freshers
And there are schools more expensive (secondary schools o) so what's the big deal?

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 5:38pm On Apr 03, 2016
Yomieluv:
am yet to see the reason.

Common drone,they cant invent.

you should learn the meaning of invention before you start talking.

also, have you bothered to keep up with anything happening in the school to know if they actually did anything?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 5:40pm On Apr 03, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Enterpro, see school fee!!!!

I don't think I paid 300k in total for the 4 years I spent in OAU even after buying bed spaces in 200 and 300 level @ 55k each.

I wan know wetin them dey teach for this school sha shocked

please beg federal government to help us pay 95 percent of the fees like they did for you.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

...and what practical training have they done for the society and the Nigeria Economy at-large. This school hasn't even develop any collective research talk more of an individual research.

I really don't know the essence of paying this much... anyway most parent are of "my kids can't stay at home syndrome" and "I want my kids to graduate at early Age" this is the only thing schools like this offered.

do you follow all the research papers done in every school in Nigeria?..
no?

then i don't think you would actually know when the papers are published.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by amokeme(f): 5:43pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

My point is why waste this amount of money here in Nigeria when you can get a quality and better Education with same amount or more abroad.
not every parent want their kids abroad..
And it's a decision, everybody can't attend the same university as you.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Miona: 5:45pm On Apr 03, 2016
adepiero:
Even with the huge fees, they end up producing dullards every year. Them plenty for my office undecided

Thank God they even have a job, I thought you wanted to say that you have them around you roaming the streets looking for jobs. If you can even be sincere with yourself, you'll confirm they're no dullards. You can hardly see a CU Alumni not repping, anywhere. A few of the graduated of this institution stay back here after first degree. A huge number of them gain admission for further studies abroad after first degree due to the high level of exposure they receive during their stay in CU.

These guys cannot be compared to those that attended conventional schools, no way. They're far away from each other. I'm not boasting but that's the truth. Most lecturers, both Doctors and proffessors are foreign trained especially in the college of engineering where I belong. Facilities both for research and for comfort are amazing, I'll suggest you take a tour to CU and see for yourself.
Remember there's always a Judas among any 12, CU has them as well but are always carefully handled when encountered. If you have the funds, do gift it a shot. The Masters programme is not as high but not cheap either. A trial will show you the obvious difference and the reasons behind the high tuition fees.

4 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by bankylan: 5:47pm On Apr 03, 2016
yellowbeauty:
see money..... And this school is being owned by a pastor

At Gregory, a secondary school in obalende costs over a million naira per year....Day waterman, a secondary school in Ogunquit state costs over 3m per year. The fees at covenant is fair enough.

2 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by cele360: 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
they no they study even medicine and law, they no they do any professional course, very poor standard school, rubbish payins so much for no value
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Kaira333: 5:53pm On Apr 03, 2016
How much for medicine abi they no de do d course there?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by chigoizie7(m): 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Yet, best graduating students 1st 2nd and 3rd are all from public universities,

My school fees for unizik for 4yrs no reach 100k oh,

Yet for this street, I know many of them wey go that kind school, wey de call me "boss".
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by adepiero: 5:54pm On Apr 03, 2016
Miona:

Thank God they even have a job, I thought you wanted to say that you have them around you roaming the streets looking for jobs. If you can even be sincere with yourself, you'll confirm they're no dullards. You can hardly see a CU Alumni not repping, anywhere. A few of the graduated of this institution stay back here after first degree. A huge number of them gain admission for further studies abroad after first degree due to the high level of exposure they receive during their stay in CU.

These guys cannot be compared to those that attended conventional schools, no way. They're far away from each other. I'm not boasting but that's the truth. Most lecturers, both Doctors and proffessors are foreign trained especially in the college of engineering where I belong. Facilities both for research and for comfort are amazing, I'll suggest you take a tour to CU and see for yourself.
Remember there's always a Judas among any 12, CU has them as well but are always carefully handled when encountered. If you have the funds, do gift it a shot. The Masters programme is not as high but not cheap either. A trial will show you the obvious difference and the reasons behind the high tuition fees.
I believe and accept every part about them going for further studies abroad due to exposure but for the part which has to do with brain capacity, I still maintain my stand that they are dullards! Say for a few that might be exceptionally brilliant amongst them.

I work in a company that has over a thousand plus in staff strenght and if we segregate by school, CU has a hand full. If you compare what they do with others, you'll be appalled.

It might seem like am beefing but I have to take statistics from what I see daily and the ones in my work place are just a bunch of zeros

2 Likes

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Miona: 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2016
Most of you talking about inventions and reasons behind the huge payment has never been to the school and neither have you ever clicked on her website. You don't know her vision or mission. These are important things to critically look at before criticizing actions.

For your information, there's drone invention in my Dept, not just drones but other beautiful inventions.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by sallylet(m): 5:57pm On Apr 03, 2016
Take a look at the world richest pple,did they pays sch fee to even get rich,shame on sch mehn! I'm ohk with my Bsc .more money on my mind. #Entrepreneur
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Pedagogue: 6:00pm On Apr 03, 2016
Quakertellicus1:

I studied Medicine in another Government university.

And the reason why we pay low fees...unlike Babcock for example which pays N800000 per annum for a place at Ben Carson medical School...is because Government subsidies keep it low.

Even then...the subsidy money is not enough. Universities need far more money than what government pays for them.

(It costs N600000-N1.2 million to train a graduate in Nigeria by the way.)

Oyedepo and many other private university owners do not get grants from government . Meanwhile they have to pay staff salaries. And the salary of a Professor now is N700000. Senior lecturers get N400000.

Where does he find the money? It can't be from the skies. (And he still has a church to run, and several church run institutions to run too.)

Well-tempered words.

You studied in "another government university". Does it have a name? I expressly mentioned OAU cos I'm forever proud of dt great citadel.

You see, OAU is not just another govt univers
ity!

My grouse is with a 'funny' comment that Covenant is better than OAU! It is laughable. There's, for now, no basis for comparison. My job spec makes it impossible for me not to understand d standard of our uni's. Although no Nigerian Uni deserves any special commendation, there are 3 or 4 Uni's that still churn out good grads.

I'm still waiting for that boy's reply.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Google63(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2016
Pedagogue:

Really!!!

What a crude joke! So Covenant is beta than OAU because your tuition is unjustifiably expensive?

I studied medicine in Great Ife.

Albeit I hate childish tantrums, educating ppl lik u is now my hobby...

I'm eagerly waiting for ur response.

Lol. I finished from OAU too. But thank your lucky stars you finished from medicine. You just saved yourself from tantrums smiley I was actually expecting quotes from those that finished from faculty of Science
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Pedagogue: 6:03pm On Apr 03, 2016
Google63:

Lol. I finished from OAU too. But thank your lucky stars you finished from medicine. You just saved yourself from tantrums smiley I was actually expecting quotes from those that finished from faculty of Science

You finished from OAU, and you said that?

Really!

Ok!!!!!!!! Cheers
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by gentleagu(m): 6:09pm On Apr 03, 2016
Mayflowa:

You didn't pay this kinda fees because your government paid for you. In fact, let it been known there is no tuition of any sort in federal universities. Any amount collected at the school is levied on you by the school management under various ancillary fees.

In private uni, you hv to keep facility going. You have to pay profs upward of 500k per month. You have to pay tax. Thinking about it, you will see sense with the fees.

Of all the comments I've read on this post, you are the only reasonable person. People are indeed ignorant. Federal and state unis are subsidized. Go through schools abroad and see the fees for yourself
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by JayJustus(m): 6:11pm On Apr 03, 2016
if you can afford it go there...why complain abeg!
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by Bookiemart01(f): 6:15pm On Apr 03, 2016
For the records, the fact that I attended OAU does not imply I do not have the financial capability to pay fees charged by these private University. CU school fee was about 400k when I graduated from school so don't come with the stale affordability thing,

I know I cannot compare OAU to Harvard but you comparing OAU with CU is like comparing someone who just died with another that fainted.I'll rather attend Harvard than pay so much as school fee in a GLORIFIED SECONDARY SCHOOL called private university.

Maybe you should tell me why you would attend CU instead of OAU.
I served in one of the private universities so you'll need to give me solid reasons why you think CU is better than OAU or any other Government owned University. Do not include STRIKES please.

I KNOW JAMB/UTME MIGHT HAVE DEALT WITH YOU. tongue

Acidosis:

That money cannot cover ordinary ticket and visa requirements for some Nigerians studying abroad. You can't afford it, but others can.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Harvard? Just give me one reason.

Why should I go to OAU, when I can afford Covenant?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by SirAweezy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2016
feran15:

do you follow all the research papers done in every school in Nigeria?..
no?

then i don't think you would actually know when the papers are published.

...and what has this research produced for Public? Please don't let us deceive ourselves this so-called expensive schools has produce no special thing in Nigeria... exception of LBS that raises individual standard!
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by feran15(m): 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

...and what has this research produced for Public? Please don't let us deceive ourselves this so-called expensive schools has produce no special thing in Nigeria... exception of LBS that raises individual standard!

give me one research paper that federal universities in Nigeria have done and have had any impact in society. they should have at least one after decades of existence
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by ayusco85(m): 6:31pm On Apr 03, 2016
LordIsaac:
So, almost a million to study Chemistry per annum yet non of them has invented anything just like myself who studied in UniJos!

lol. so u passed tru dashak and mrs akwueshi? A1 lecture hall and chemistry lab. a great jossite says hi grin

1 Like

Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by obiaguna(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
adepiero:
Even with the huge fees, they end up producing dullards every year. Them plenty for my office undecided

Wow. How are we sure you are not a dullard since your "office" perpetually recruits "dullards".
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by obiaguna(m): 6:32pm On Apr 03, 2016
SirAweezy:

Lol why is LBS an exception?
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by SirAweezy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
feran15:

give me one research paper that federal universities in Nigeria have done and have had any impact in society. they should have at least one after decades of existence

Personally sir, I was part of those who wrote the Tax thesis for lagos which your FG are now adopting... though glory went to someone else. Though when you look at the theory it looks more like the USA own or old Roman empires but something new was infused because of the Dynamism in nature and environment.
Re: School Fee Schedule For Covenant University 2016 by seguno2: 6:36pm On Apr 03, 2016
RobinHez:
Students pay over $72, 000 in Harvard! tongue

https://college.harvard.edu/financial-aid/how-aid-works/cost-attendance

Checkout the fees of the top 10 universities in the world!
http://www.topuniversities.com/student-info/student-finance/tuition-fees-world%E2%80%99s-top-universities

The link you provided for Harvard is for Financial AID, not so?
Do you that most students do NOT pay the posted amount of $72,000 because they get scholarship from the SMALL and big donations of their alumni and FOUNDER(S) of the school?
Is that the case of Covenant and the other church-owned schools in Nigeria?
If not, why not?
Moreover, how many INVENTIONS have been made by Harvard students and graduates? Has ANY been made by Covenant students to justify the high amount paid?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UNN Lecturer, Professor Mfonobong David Udoudom Caught Pants Down In GS Building / David Oyedepo's Faith Academy Secondary Schools In Pictures / Lady Wanted To Correct Covenant University Student But Was Embarrassed (Snapshot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.