Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,535 members, 7,827,001 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency (11292 Views)

Yusuf Buhari: Fayose Consoles The Presidency, But FFK Refuses / Fayose: I’m Not Contesting Election Again / Fayose: I’m Qualified For Vice President Position In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Nobody: 6:29am On Apr 04, 2016
The Ekiti State Governor, Mr. Ayo Fayose, has ruled himself out of the campaign for a joint presidential ticket with the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff, saying he is not interested in being the president or vice-president of the country.

Besides, the fiery governor also ruled himself out of a senatorial ticket when his tenure expires, noting that the campaign would be an exercise in futility as he would not contest for another position in 2019.

He said he is the most senior and most experienced governor in the country having served during the tenure of President Olusegun Obasanjo, Goodluck Jonathan and Muhammadu Buhari.

The governor made it clear that he would never support any presidential move by Sheriff, adding that if the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) chairman has such dream he should jettisoned it forthwith.

Fayose told those flying the kite of Sheriff/Fayose joint ticket that it will not fly.

“I will not support him now and I will never support him in 2019,” he insisted.

Again, Fayose took a swipe at President Muhammadu Buhari, saying he (Buhari) has no capacity to rule the country.

Fayose was also angry at those already campaigning for a second term for the president when he is barely one year into his first tenure to desist from the move as the country is on edge of collapse both political and economically under the president.

He said Buhari is the most unlucky president the nation has ever had as the economy is always performing at its worse each time he comes to power.

He stressed that the president must change his attitude, warning that no investor would come and invest in a nation where the president not only believes that he is the only incorruptible person but calls his citizens corrupt.

Fayose advised the president to stay at home to grapple with the many problems facing the nation instead of jetting out of the country at every opportunity.

He noted that the president was using the opportunity of the office to tour round the world as he never had it in the past.

“Buhari has no luck. The economy may shut down anytime from now because of the inconsistency of the government policy. The president must learn to stay at home,” The governor stated.

He lamented that every policy taken by the government in the last one year has been revised, saying such inconsistency has been the bane of the country and the economy.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2016/04/04/fayose-im-not-interested-in-the-presidency/

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by AntiWailer: 6:31am On Apr 04, 2016
he stands no chance.

i don't see any sane south westerner support a Fayose Vice Presidency against an Osinbajo Vice Presidency.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by babdap: 6:32am On Apr 04, 2016
Talk is cheap and more so I don't belief politicians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Laitesmart(m): 6:33am On Apr 04, 2016
Even if u try... U aint presiding over any ish.... Ur mouth... Ur bane

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 04, 2016
You will never be more than the local champion u are in that hell hole called ekiti. Step out and mess urself up. Oponu onisokuso

29 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Oche211(m): 6:42am On Apr 04, 2016
No need to deny it. 2018 will tell if u will run or be a running mate. Keep my fingers crossed over my sealed lips

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Sanchez01: 6:42am On Apr 04, 2016
Is there one Nigerian politician who would reject that seat if offered to him? The truth is I pray PDP field him at the long run. His failure would be so monumental.

8 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Tallesty1(m): 6:46am On Apr 04, 2016
Oche211:
No need to deny it. 2018 will tell if u will run or be a running mate. Keep my fingers crossed over my sealed lips
Exactly.

We will know when the time comes.

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by chybykee(m): 6:51am On Apr 04, 2016
Presidency
who call am?

11 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Cutehector(m): 6:53am On Apr 04, 2016
All politicians are federal liars...
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by OneManLegion(m): 6:56am On Apr 04, 2016
See mumu o, who wan give you before?

You want the Aso rock chef to lose his job

'cause you'll take over from him what with your obsession with cutting ponmo and slicing pepper.

*****Modified*****

How can Fayose reject that which was not offered?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by yjgm(m): 6:59am On Apr 04, 2016
This guy is so full of himself. He thinks he can win it?. Nah. His failure will be monumental. From the north east, north west, to the north central they can't garner 10%. Going south, from even the south west he can't get to win more than his Ekiti state. To the south south and south east, don't think they will vote such duo except if they are blind. I see them voting a different party apart from APC/PDP. What is Fayose saying?. Wonders indeed seized to end.

9 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by BossKratos: 7:13am On Apr 04, 2016
grin

Presidency? This ape does not know that most nigerians are not as hungry and senseless as his ekiti folks that voted him into power! Abeg remain with your political rice, amala and pepper brethren in ekits! Abuja no fit you sef!

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by NobleAngell(f): 7:17am On Apr 04, 2016
That's a smart move, you are better off at Ekiti state where you can always exercise your primitivity. We don't need such nuisance as our president.

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by thunder74(m): 7:19am On Apr 04, 2016
He stressed that the president must change his attitude, warning that no investor would come and invest in a nation where the president not only believes that he is the only incorruptible person but calls his citizens corrupt
Read this again and see why we are where we are now.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by 0nyegame(m): 7:26am On Apr 04, 2016
Oga fayose, why nah? Are you not one of them, because politician can never get tired of politics(money). They are not there to leader us rather they are there to better their lives and loot the country sources dry

Comedy Governor,senseless leaders and visionless politicians

1 Like

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:38am On Apr 04, 2016
grin grin grin grin

You shld bro. Go test ur popularity na

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Caseless: 7:39am On Apr 04, 2016
Donkey!

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by tonytony208(m): 8:11am On Apr 04, 2016
I'm certain he will win senatorial ticket if he contests.

3 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Frankyboy1(m): 8:18am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Zico5(m): 8:39am On Apr 04, 2016
Someone should call doctors to check this man cos something is actually wrong wt him if not how could someone wake up and all u think about doing to ur life is to take a swipe against the president that never look at ur existence for once. This is the exact way he put himself in problem during OBJ presidency. Something is wrong somewhere wt him

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by ORACLE1975(m): 8:40am On Apr 04, 2016
What
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Pavore9: 8:40am On Apr 04, 2016
Even if he is interested, where will the votes be coming from?

6 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by adren(m): 8:41am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Obiodunukwe: 8:41am On Apr 04, 2016
Who cares?

The fact that you are a governor is shameful

You can join ur IPOB friends and try and become President of Biafra

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by johntaiwo123(m): 8:41am On Apr 04, 2016
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Odionfaruk: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2016
You sure?
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 04, 2016
Who go give yhu before?

2 Likes

Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by Vanpascore(m): 8:42am On Apr 04, 2016
go test ur popularity Mr man
Re: Fayose: I’m Not Interested In The Presidency by ruggedboy01: 8:43am On Apr 04, 2016
Who would have even voted for him

U better contest president of oudua Republic or oba of yrouba land where ur fellow lunatics will vote for u

Nonsense angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari, Stop The Reckless Borrowing - Punch Editorial / FAAC Shares N1.1trn August Revenue Among Federal, State, Local Govts / NGF Hails Oyebanji Over Transfer Of Electricity Regulatory Oversight To Ekiti

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.